• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North Carolina: Pound V Interest/Rides Thread

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
wow I was not aware craig lives in charlotte.
that changes it from at 5 hour drive to a 9 and a half hour drive.
hm.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
yo ocean, we can talk about match-ups for another hour, and then we get an extra hour with Jim and Alex #2

actually idk

but like for realz let's figure something out

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I am well aware of the fact that it's the same distance as hickory. and yes, it most definitely adds 4 and a half hours, it's in the complete opposite direction.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
oh joyous occassion!!!! I can probably afford this. I have a friend who lives in Arlington. I'm probably gonna stay there. Now I can avoid that costly hotel and only have to pay that costly entry fee.

Next mission: find people to pay for my costly gas!!!

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yo if you don't have to pay for the hotel room... you are one lucky *******, ya hear?
lol I hear

but...srsly, the only thing holding me back is the cost of the drive there and back. Looking at around $60-70 and that's if I don't have to drive out of the way to pick ppl up.

So....yeah.....if peeps are looking for a ride....and looking to pay my gas, then they should hit me up. I'm not coming to find you; just message me or something.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I suppose I'll be making sure everyone in my car can pull their weight for this soon.

Gonna have to book priy quickly

shiiii hopefully I have enough to book

f

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
so i'm thinking that i'm going to go ahead and buy a hotel room for 4, and find people to fill it with/pay their share.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah ocean, i'll definitely be in the hotel.

they just need a credit card on file, and then you can figure out how you really wanna pay when you get there, just so you know. so you won't be paying up the whole room fee up front and then dealing with getting money back, all money is taken care of when we actually get to the hotel, according to a post i read from plank.

i'm thinking of simply looking out for myself regardless of who i end up riding up there with and rooming with you just so that i KNOW it's done. greensboro hasn't yet done very well as far as organizing who's going, who's riding, who's driving, and who's trying to stay at the hotel. but if you want, i can give you my share at G6. only way that gets complicated is since we aren't riding together, we'll get to the hotel at different times, and then we'd have to kinda deal with that.

i'm staying in that hotel.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Whoever is capable of buying a room:

Could you please buy an extra one for 4? I should be able to pay you back with my RoM3 money I have with me at all times at G6 but I need to get it paid for before G6 obviously.

I also don't think I'm old enough to buy a room? Not sure if there's a rule for that or not but I reallllly need this favor done please. <33

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
they just need a credit card on file, i thought. they figure out actual payments at the hotel. you book the room with your card, and then you pay for it when you get there.

also, since i hear matt isn't going, we need to figure out car situations.

I guess my car can be

Me
Sneak
Purple Mantis
mekos? (cuz you'd make for a cool car)
EWB?

The buick can hold 5. Also, since our route goes through taking the 85, i'd be down for picking up anyone in durham if mekos doesn't wanna ride with us, or if EWB needs to drive his own car and pick up people as well.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have no credit card, merely an empty debit one atm.

Also you had to be 21 to book at some hotel I forgot what the situation was though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
that is what they told me over the phone...that the card is just for incase you dont show up. im about to get my room, though, and i will let u know what happens with that.

also im getting a room for 2 people so i have to put down the info for those 2 people. thats kind of a pain in the *** if you get a room for 4 people. if you buy a room for 2 people and let 4 people that should be fine. a 2 person room still gets 2 double beds. this saves money++convenience. but im not 100% sure if they would be tracking this or w/e but i think as long as they get their rooms rented they dont care which is why they want no more than 4 :p
Just made my room reservation

The credit card is a safe haven. They will only charge it if you don't show up to your room and don't call.

More info for you guys.

I suppose I'll book a room for 2 soon enough.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I shall.

we're getting a room for friday night, saturday night, sunday night, right?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
man **** you craig you ain't even rooming with us anymore bayb!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah i guess i'll book a separate room for my car.

if i'm driving, i'm not leaving that hotel, so whoevers in my car better be lookin to stay in the hotel lol.

so far, i'm looking at taking sneak and 313/Mantis. I'm looking to fill this car better than this.

Top Bottom