• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American ONLINE Player Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
A Tier:
rawrimamonster
TheStarKing
MarioReincarnate
Hammerheart

B Tier:
Korobeniki
Firo
Matts!
The3kuzinator
Surri-Sama
B link
WOTG
Zodiac
Saske
Ybombb
Denken
Legendary
Battlecow
No offense to rawr, and he's still my favorite person ever, but he should NOT be above Denken and firo and MATTS!

dandan

Smash Lord
with a n64 to usb adapter, search ebay for those if you are interested. iirc they cost 10-15$

dandan

Smash Lord
that is your call, i myself do not play with a 64 pad (because n64 was not officially imported to israel).
if you prefer the 64 pad then you should.
most believe it is the best for the game, though it has some flaws including the rate in whch the stick gives out.

B Link

Smash Lord
SUPER Fun Tier
Dreday/Peek~/Keep, ECartman,Xelpherpolis (heh)

Fun Tier
Zen Yore, korobeniki, mattNF, thegreginator, solrac, ice kokiri, nephiros

S
malva00/EGX's kirby champ/EGX's link champ, superboomfan/boom

A
JaimeHR,Not Frogles/Frogles/teh frog/leh frog,A$,Nintendude

B
denken, fireblaster, imnotpro, blue yoshi, firo, kabal, zodiac, pd/playingdumb, sensei, tigerbombz, sheermadness, jbandrew, marioreincarnate, matts, near/a bunch of other names I can't even remember, nephiros, darth fox/dashfox, surri, ybomb, holyquebec, th3kuzinator

C
shade, nova/gav? (same person?), smasher74, flynn, dedrick, gbagcn, dapuffster

This took a while hope you like it. There's no order in tiers.

BONUS MULTIPLE IDENTITIES LIST (clan names dont count)
1. Near (infinite pts)
2. Not Frogles/Frogles/teh frog/leh frog (4 pts)
3. malva00/EGX's kirby champ/EGX's link champ (3 pts)
3. Dreday/Peek~/Keep (3 pts)
4. pd/playing dumb (2 pts)
4. nova/gav (2 pts)
4. darth fox/dash fox (2 pts)

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
SUPER Fun Tier
Dreday/Peek~/Keep, ECartman,Xelpherpolis (heh)

Fun Tier
Zen Yore, korobeniki, mattNF, thegreginator, solrac, ice kokiri, nephiros

S
malva00/EGX's kirby champ/EGX's link champ, superboomfan/boom

A
JaimeHR,Not Frogles/Frogles/teh frog/leh frog,A$,Nintendude

B
denken, fireblaster, imnotpro, blue yoshi, firo, kabal, zodiac, pd, sensei, tigerbombz, sheermadness, jbandrew, marioreincarnate, matts, near/a bunch of other names I can't even remember, nephiros, darth fox/dashfox, surri, ybomb

C
shade, nova/gav? (same person?), smasher74, flynn, dedrick, gbagcn, dapuffster

I put commas so it feels more like a tier, rather than an ordered list, cuz there's no order within tiers.
yes nova and gav are the same person

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I have been thinking about making a CONSOLE tier list for a while now since I'm prolly one of the few people that have played alot of the SWF players irl, but i got ninja'd by sheer. Oh well, i might still make it.

Also, this tier list would be better if used in conjunction with my "Who's your main in Smash 64?" thread to help players improve their skillz.

I agree, but s2j would atleast be in the SS tier haha. ****s too funny
Do want...

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
No offense to rawr, and he's still my favorite person ever, but he should NOT be above Denken and firo and MATTS!
Denken and me actually go even when we p2p, Though I admit hes very hard to beat. MATTS! is never good (dont make me get into it) and Firo, I've never played him but I didn't hear good things.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
its something u'd understand if u knew sheer and my history
Huh? I said something like "I doubt you're any better than me" on some melee livestream I think. Not too ridiculous of a statement considering I've been playing comp melee for 5+ years against some of the best players in the country. I don't see what any of that has to do with this thread though.

@ the poeple who are placing Nintendude in S Tier. Which of his chars are you basing that off of?

firo

Smash Ace
I'm always surprised about how so many people haven't played me online - I'm on the server a whole lots. I need more videos up :p

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I'm always surprised about how so many people haven't played me online - I'm on the server a whole lots. I need more videos up :p
Lol played you last night, I didn't expect you to be that good lol. You improved a lot since we played from the past few months. I remember when I was able to beat without having to be pressured, but yesterday you gave me the business. I need to step it up since I haven't played online since like forever. Haven't had matches like that in a while, but Ahhhh.......Its good to be back. :laugh:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
oh, because back when i was on my other nets..i got lag if i used anything but the basic of basic smash64 and project64k :p

and i simply have not updated it yet

Can you link me to a plugin thats better?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
it DID, i recently moved out though and things are wonderful :p

also, back before i moved...if i used any client other then the basic kaillera 0.9 (i think its called) i lagged in game...and if there was more then 70-80 people online, that client would not work LOL....fail

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
it DID, i recently moved out though and things are wonderful :p

also, back before i moved...if i used any client other then the basic kaillera 0.9 (i think its called) i lagged in game...and if there was more then 70-80 people online, that client would not work LOL....fail
So thats why I'm probably lagging like mutha****a on Kaillera. I forgot the graphics plugin can make you lag in game. Now I gotta go back to the fugly plugin. Thank u Surri. :chuckle:

EDIT: Imma check to see which plugin works better this weekend.

firo

Smash Ace
Glide64 and ricevideo are good alternatives to jabo plugins. Glide almost has 100% reproduction (although fireballs sometimes change colors for me) and rice supports a lot of features and can use opengl which is pretty stable, but doesn't show invincibility frames. Also look out for audio plugins, apparently they can cause lag/desynch as well.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Glide64 and ricevideo are good alternatives to jabo plugins. Glide almost has 100% reproduction (although fireballs sometimes change colors for me) and rice supports a lot of features and can use opengl which is pretty stable, but doesn't show invincibility frames. Also look out for audio plugins, apparently they can cause lag/desynch as well.
Is Azimer v0.30 a good plugin for online

dandan

Smash Lord
the only problem i have with glide is that they have set backspace as a hotkey to change render, and it works no matter what window you have focus on, so if i am typing on msn and what not and hit space, the render changes. kinda silly.

P D

Smash Ace
on topic threads are pretty cool

just sayin lulzuers

firo

Smash Ace
Yeah dandan that is a kinda annoying "feature" of glide, although holding down backspace and seeing smash change renders rapidly is kinda fun haha. For korrupshen, I'm pretty sure Azimer is fine - as are most others. If you are lagging or desynching a lot for no obvious reason, changing the audio plugins should be one step in the troubleshooting process.

edit: Yeah this is pretty off topic - sorry..

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If SuperBoomFan and JaimeHR are in S tier then I definitely do not belong in there. I am capable of beating them but am very rarely consistent enough to make it happen.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Ok I actually gave this a lot of thought.

I think that this tier placement should be based on skill, which is a players ability to win across many different characters, matches, stages, etc. not just being dominant with one character. So someone who has a really good Kirby but can't win with other characters shouldn't be as high. This also means people who sandbag/play their bad characters more/have a lot of delay shouldn't necessarily be docked for that.

As far as the whole ordered/non-ordered thing, I think putting multiple people on the same row (at least in the higher tiers where the differences are more pronounced) is a good compromise.

SS Tier:
Malva

S Tier:
Boom

A Tier:
Jaime
Sensei*, Frog, ba11lin4life*, tigerbombz*, Johnny*
A$, Cart*, smoke2jointz*
thegreginator, Nintendude

B Tier:
SheerMadness
Fireblaster, Darth Rancorous*
Zenyore*, PD
MattNF, HolyQuebec, Kabal

C Tier:
Here it gets too close to call. Put in the old PPS people, Kabal, Denken, MarioReincarnate, Near, Surri, etc etc.

* = people who don't play online as much but OH WELL

Sheer got docked more because he is only dominant with one character. His Fox (I believe his second best character?) doesn't have nearly as much success as his Yoshi (against me at least).

Boom should be in a tier of his own.

People who I think are UNDERRATED (based on what other people in the thread have said): Kabal, Denken

People who I think are OVERRATED (based on what other people in the thread have said): Nintendude, MattNF

I would put a lot of confidence in Boom's list when he makes it because I feel he has been around long enough to have played almost all of the good online people a lot.

Also, Darth, I really wanna see a console tier list. You should make a thread for it :)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
This is an online tier list, people like ballin will not be included in my list. Some people will be will be forgotten in the list, I can't really help that >_>. But yeah, this is based off of my own experiences online of how well people do/did against me on p2p or wherever I played them last.

SSS Tier:
malva00

SS Tier:
JaimeHR
Johnny
Sensei
Frogles

S Tier:
Fireblaster
Darth Fox
Ecartman
A$
Nintendude
smoke2joints

A Tier:
Tigerbombz
HAMMERHEART
Dedrick
SheerMadness
MattNF
Zen Yore
Rawrimamonster/Marth
Kefit
Metroid
SilentSlayers
PD
The Star King
Legendary
Peek~

B Tier:
Firo
YBOMBB
HolyQuebec
Dabomb
Beast
Rich(super bro)
MarioReincarnate
thegreginator
Denken
Dark Link -X-
Killer$
ZhinShin
Saske
th3kuzinator
Sextc
Kabal
Korobeniki
Surri-Sama
MATTS!
Smasherx74
Amon Amarth
Near
B Link

C Tier:
Garuda
Nine Tailed Assassin
Agent-21
ImNotPro
Shade
Daedatheus
Rossislegend
Mikeyfbi/mr mike
Battlecow
Novakane
mike j

I did not include myself on this list. If I have forgotten you in this list let me know and I will attempt to add you. If I haven't played you? Don't even bother!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ok well I think we have a pretty good idea on S Tier. Everyone's lists seem to agree with Boom, Jaime, Frogles and Sensei. I'm gonna go ahead and put them in S Tier. I'm also going to order S Tier since I think most of us agree that Boom is a little ahead of those players but maybe not enough for his own tier.

A Tier is going to be tricky. Lots of variation in people's lists starting in A Tier.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I don't think you really need to order the tier lists below S. They're too variable and it's hard to tell who is better, even if you've played them yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom