• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think if a Ganon player is proactive, he wouldn't have to worry about relying on spur-of-the-moment countering, making him a very good character. You're never fast enough to counter against something with the right move. I actually believe that if you're proactive you will be very good overall.

Hmmm *looks back at article*.

Actually Lunin is quite right here, unless you're playing against a good Sheik or Falco. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you do. Anyway...

I'm not sure he's using the word "proactive" correctly here. It depends on what he really means. Anyway, a successful Ganon is excellent at punishing patterns and avoiding attacks with one of his own. A good example is against Peach. Theoretically Peach shouldn't ever get touched which is why she has the advantage in the matchup but we all know that's never going to happen in a real match. Ganon has a few ways of getting past her basic stuff (like stomping on her head) which leads to opportunities against the advanced stuff once that's taken care of. He may take a few bumps and bruises to get his licks in but he only needs like four hits before she's dead. So a 20 to 4 trade off isn't that bad. See where I'm going with this?

But, on the other hand, Ganon really isn't that good. So don't main him, unless you like climbing out of holes.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
edit: Any tournaments with free entry are pretty much ignored. So unless we start paying at Tyde's tourneys they won't matter.
Uh, I wouldn't just go out and say that. As far as I know we panelists have not discussed on whether or not we should include these tournaments.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Uh, I wouldn't just go out and say that. As far as I know we panelists have not discussed on whether or not we should include these tournaments.
Well there could be tournaments specifcally designed to influence power rankings.

Aka via for a spot in the power ranking system. But money is so awesome I don't know what to think anymore. btw

You wanna see an amazing fox watch old school Isai when he used to dabble in fox. Insane. Just insane.

tc1

Smash Lord
KK.. mwahahaha ill mm.. Hmm.. Every 1 on the list from 12 up 2 a 5 dollar mm!.. that way if i beat the majority..

Ill be guarenteed a spot.. HA.. Well shall c

(besides my crew ... O yea,,, 1 more thing..

KOI ALL

+ watch deathnote its great kk .. NE 1 who reads this is you see me we have a MM

(edit : if you decline im counting it as win so yea if you think you can beat me KOI)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
swear to god tc1. SETTLE DOWN SON!!!
he does need to settle down -_-.

Sorry I dont MM newbs but ill play u at a set and consider it like a tourney match I guess since u talk to much and whines to much about not being on the power rankings or anything.

If u want to get on the PR then just show us what u got. I've havent heard ONE player that u've beaten that is on the PR like seriously.

U just whine too much and should quit smash because smash isnt for u. Smash is suppose to just have fun. I hate anyone that comes close to trash talkin ppl on smash.

WAIT hold on I dont need to play u in a MM u know why? Cause u lost to me last time So U dont get a rematch from me cause I dont feel like wasting my time. However ill play friendlies so I can just fool around and MEGA SANDBAG the **** out of u.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
despite fallacious reasoning, the superior smasher always gets the credibility here on swf. gg to falcomist

Delphiki

Smash Champion
0_o

Seriously though that shouldn't happen (the better smasher thing).

Anwyays.....how many of the panelists decided MMs would matter? There was a discussion a while back, and I don't think all the panelists agreed to consider them. I like the idea though, along with a minimum wager and standard NorCal rules.

BTZO: Zoap for one said that he doesn't think it's a good idea to judge free tournaments, but you're right I haven't heard a word from anyone else.

Zoap

Smash Master
it is dumb to consider a free tourney, there is no incentive for anyone to play hard or anything.

MM's were generally agreed on not being counted.

We will probably discuss these two issues next time but, there are ppl who dont MM and never will so its kinda of a handicap to them.

SuperRad

Smash Master
it is dumb to consider a free tourney, there is no incentive for anyone to play hard or anything.

MM's were generally agreed on not being counted.

We will probably discuss these two issues next time but, there are ppl who dont MM and never will so its kinda of a handicap to them.
how? i dont think its a handicap at all. all it means is that they will have less matches counted for them. if they still whoop up in tourney matches then its all good.

and i would like to think that free tournaments would be counted because they are tournaments. I dunno, atleast at UCSC it seemed like BTZO and Foxroar were going full strength*. But, I could be wrong.

The positives out weigh the negatives for MMs imo. Because lets say person A goes to a tournament and plays two people that are way out of his league (lets say people that are in the top 10). Now, if he wants to prove his worth he has another channel to prove that he has skills. He can play against someone more in his skill range in a mm to prove his worth.

*Other then BTZO playing Marth instead of shiek some matches.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Justin it's ok big man. Tc1 just has a lot of ambitions just like anyone sorta startin out. He's just youthful an eager to show "what he's got". Although he is gonna need to step it up, stop comparing himself to others, focus only on his goal, and plain just get better. Don't let it rattle your cage dog chef lolo00l.

And tc1: there's not many people like KDJ or King who appeared outta no where and dominated. It takes a lot of time and experience to become great for most people. You need to take your losses to heart, learn from them, and ov ercome them. Bίtching about how garbage it was that you lost because of your 3 SDs (happened in a match with me and you) or whatever is ridiculous. You shouldn't have SD'd and that may be an indicator that maybe you need to work on your skills a bit more. Im not raggin son believe me. But you need to step up your game before anyone considers you a threat. As thus far you have failed to prove that.

GG BLAH BLAH FMF MOOOONEY MATCH A DOLLAH FALCO VS NESS!!!

tc1

Smash Lord
he does need to settle down -_-.

Sorry I dont MM newbs but ill play u at a set and consider it like a tourney match I guess since u talk to much and whines to much about not being on the power rankings or anything.

If u want to get on the PR then just show us what u got. I've havent heard ONE player that u've beaten that is on the PR like seriously.

U just whine too much and should quit smash because smash isnt for u. Smash is suppose to just have fun. I hate anyone that comes close to trash talkin ppl on smash.

WAIT hold on I dont need to play u in a MM u know why? Cause u lost to me last time So U dont get a rematch from me cause I dont feel like wasting my time. However ill play friendlies so I can just fool around and MEGA SANDBAG the **** out of u.

STFU FALCOMIST .. Ur under 11 smart guy i didnt challenge who are you to say that smash isnt 4 me.. + if you dont like trash talkers dont listen i dont talk trash .. Name 1 post i did.. (sigh). Did i disrespect you (no).. Well i really hope you beat me..

CAUSE IF U DONT I SWARE 2 GOD U WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT> 4 EVER>> AFTER ALL U SAID U BETTER 4STOCK ME>>JUST SHUT ME UP CAUSE IF I BEAT U >> HA SHULD I EVEN SAY>> UHM>>> LETS SEE A FORMAL CHALLENGE IS NOT TRASH TALKING UM>>>

SETTLE DOWN HOWS ABOUT NO<>>>> UHM SCREW THE NCPR>> ITS A LIST BASED UPON OPINIONS> UHM>>>>>UNLIKE KFC I COULD GIV A **** WHAT THE NORCAL SMASH COMMUNTIY THINKS OF ME>> + U DONT NO ME GOOD ENOUGH TO SAY **** LIKE THAT >> I WONT GET 2 CRAZY OVER AN ARGUMENT BUT U DONT KNOW WHAT I ID DO << SO IM OBLIGATED TO TELL U TO THINK B4 U WRITE>>>THANX>>

UHMM>>>>> TO EVERY 1 READING I SAID A FORMAL CHALLENGE NOT A DISREPECTFULL CHALLENGE

AND TO NK - UM I DONT WANA START **** AGIN BUT DIDNT I TAKE U OUT OF MY LAST TOURNY??THANX 4 THE COMPLEMENT>> UHM WELL SEE IF IM CONSIDERED A THREAT OR NOT>> LOL >>

HylianLord

Smash Ace
KK.. mwahahaha ill mm.. Hmm.. Every 1 on the list from 12 up 2 a 5 dollar mm!.. that way if i beat the majority..

Ill be guarenteed a spot.. HA.. Well shall c

(besides my crew ... O yea,,, 1 more thing..

KOI ALL

+ watch deathnote its great kk .. NE 1 who reads this is you see me we have a MM

(edit : if you decline im counting it as win so yea if you think you can beat me KOI)
deathnote is gay. extremely gay. not only did i nearly die from the cliffhanger, but it caused me to read almost all the manga before the next episode came out. wow gay. loool seriously death note is good stuff =) same with the "live action" movie (no clue why they call it live action, sounds really corny)

and i'll take a MM from you TC1, although i would like to lower it to like $3 or something. i'll also MM anyone $1 - $3 on the rankings 11 and down, maybe $5 if only a few people accept. but problem is... i probably won't get the chance to see most of the people ><

EDIT: i skipped over the rant posts and ****, TC1, you go falcomist angry loool. THAT IS RARE ****. yea but avoid typing in just caps, it has the amazing ability to piss people off xD.

tc1

Smash Lord
Kk >>> I Mean No Disrespect To Any 1 But When An Animal Is Backed Into A Corner It Lashes Out And Strikes>> Kk ^^ Hylian Lets

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
tc1 you disrespectful piece of shίt. I try to give u just cause for becoming great and in your blind stupidity throw it back in my face? Fυck what I said about not using fox in tournies anymore. Rig the brackets so i face u first come this tourney so I can show u what Im really capable of. And you better not whine like a ***** bίtch when I **** you. You couldnt even read my post to see that i was defending you. **** immature brat.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
honestly that was kinda messed up to do that to nintendoking. He gave you really good advice either way you look at it. It does not matter if you "are better" than him or not. Advice is advice. Take it with a grain of salt if you have to, but do not get offended by it.

Why didn't it sensor it out when NK said ****? btw I'll mm you tc1 whenever I'm down there again, you too Xhu, and any others ^^
Lunin.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
lol trash talk keep tellin ppl omg I 3 stocked Ender Marth IN A FRIENDY like wth it just a friendly no need to take it serious.

Also when u keep tellin people how u own there char like Cavesonic Yoshi I believe or something iono but the fact is ur really starting to talk a bit too much here.

I'm done talkin to u, I still have respect for u but I dont feel like reading any of ur post anymore.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Silent money match me! I always wanted to play you. Ever since I witnessed your money match with germ at NCT2. By the way to get by the censor involves using different fonts. Quote them and you will find out how.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
FMF 1$ Ness vs Falco.

sigh... can I use a diff char beside falco?

If not then yea can I use like 15 characters?? i hate falco and Ness is annoying for me -_- Combo killer to falco xD.

IM also glad that DRAMA is starting up I mean at least it firing up Norcal to get better ^^ especially Tc1 for that matter.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Dude you can use whoever you want. I just picked out your main cause... well I really don't know. BUt THAT's besides the point. Yeah whoever you want 1 dollah.

You better be coming to this biweekly or I will be sad. <3 That big hulking asian guy.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Dude you can use whoever you want. I just picked out your main cause... well I really don't know. BUt THAT's besides the point. Yeah whoever you want 1 dollah.

You better be coming to this biweekly or I will be sad. <3 That big hulking asian guy.
Cant we just play friendlies then? LOL jking BRING IT NK XD <3

Also regarding Tc1 previous posts u ask to MM everyone 12 and up on the rank soo technically u did challenge me and everyone 12 and up.

Also I hope u really use ur anger to get better which is what im aiming for ( mind games ) however if u dont then well sorry failed on trying to get u to improve.

tc1

Smash Lord
NK : - LMAO>> KK ILL RIG U COMIN THIS WEEK> NIOCE>> HOPE U DONT LOOSE
AND THANX

FALCOMIST : _ U CONTRADICT UR SELF BUT SURE (U STILL GOT RESPECT 4 ME THANX I GUESS)

DNT SAY THINGS U DONT MEAN. Its kinda hard to go from .. (BLAH BLAH BLAH) 2 i still have respect 4. SO w/e

LUCIEN : _ YAH I NO I JUST WANTED 2 SEE WHAT HED SAY SINCE HES USUALLY THE 1 TO KEEP COOL AND TALK **** LOL>>YAH W>E

SILENT WOLF Y NOT MM ACCEPTED WAIT DO U EVEN LIVE IN CALI??????

UHM>> NK AHAHA Y SO TOUCHY > KK WE PLAY AT MI TOURNY AND IF U **** ME>> KK>> GOOD LUCK >> BUT IM PRETTY SURE U WONT **** ME> WERE PRETTY MUCH ALMOST EVEN SO YAH>> WELL C>> YUP YUP>?>

I MUST SOUND LIKE AN ASSMUNCH BUT IM REALLY NOT 1 LOL>> JUST INTERNET BUT I WAS A LIL ANGERED ABOUT WHAT FMF SAID>!!

tc1

Smash Lord
AND THANX

FALCOMIST : _ U CONTRADICT UR SELF BUT SURE (U STILL GOT RESPECT 4 ME THANX I GUESS)

DNT SAY THINGS U DONT MEAN. Its kinda hard to go from .. (BLAH BLAH BLAH) 2 i still have respect 4. SO w/e

LUCIEN : _ YAH I NO I JUST WANTED 2 SEE WHAT HED SAY SINCE HES USUALLY THE 1 TO KEEP COOL AND TALK **** LOL>>YAH W>E

UHM>> NK AHAHA Y SO TOUCHY > KK WE PLAY AT MI TOURNY AND IF U **** ME>> KK>> GOOD LUCK >> BUT IM PRETTY SURE U WONT **** ME> WERE PRETTY MUCH ALMOST EVEN SO YAH>> WELL C>> YUP YUP>?>

I MUST SOUND LIKE AN ASSMUNCH BUT IM REALLY NOT 1 LOL>> JUST INTERNET BUT I WAS A LIL ANGERED ABOUT WHAT FMF SAID>!!

NO 12 going up 13 14 15 not down 12 11 10

SRY DOUBLE POST ACCIDENT

tc1

Smash Lord
AND THANX

NO 12 going up 13 14 15 not down 12 11 10

SRRY DOUBLE POST ACCIDENT

tc1

Smash Lord
OK NK ILL RIG NO LIE THO DID I NOT BEAT U ???

W/E FALCOMIST JUST READ WHAT U RITE 1st ur hostilr to me then u want me to get better hmm...

ALucien - yah i guess..

LOL>> I DONT CARE WHEN I BAT THE PPL IM GOING 2 BEAT.. AND EARN MY RANKING WHICH I WILL I DONT EVEN WANA BE PUT ON ITS USELESS I THINK ILL JUST BE HAPPY KNOWING IM NOWN THANX

SORRY TRIPLE POST

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
If I met TC1 on Maple Story, and saw him type the way he does, I would probably think that he's some obnoxious Israeli hacker, or jsut a really stupid kid in general.

But in any case, stfu and play Smash. Or Maple Story.

kthxbai.

EDIT: Maybe I should've not posted to see if TC1 could break his own record of 7 posts in a row. lolz.

Oh yeah and Silent Wolf, NK was able to say shit pass filter thanks to what I call, "Snap's uber swearing discovery"

Miharu

Smash Hero
Lol tc1 want to do a $1 MM?

All caps ****ing piss off people that wouldn't be otherwise, too. Unnecessary spam + arrogance isn't too great either. And you should just MM everyone on the PR. Not just the top half. Creates possibilities of johns, that's all.

tc1

Smash Lord
Hows About Sure And I Didnt Say I Can Beat Every 1 I Just Mm Them So If I Lose W>e But If I Win I Earn My Ranks>>

Sure Mm Accepted

C Random Disrespect Thats What Im Talking Bout Yet No 1 Jumps On Him>>>hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom