• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
My Yoshi in teams...kills everyone....but I haven;t tested that in actuall good team players...HEY ENDER or SIMNA allow me to have some team matches!

i mean I bet my yoshi would be pretty awesome in teams....I mean...if I am with a Fox or Captain Falcon....OH MAN! that'd be pretty sweet

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Cave points aren't assigned based on tourney results. Zoap gets mad when I get in other peoples business so I'll stop here and let a panelist see if they feel like explaining the whole system. :laugh:

Zoap

Smash Master
nah u can explain it delphiki its a simple situation, i dont like when u jump into complicated stuff lol

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Okely dokely.

Cave, each panelist basically makes their own top 25 list, and points are assigned based on that. As so:

1. 25 pts.
2. 24 pts.
24. 2 pts.
25. 1 pt.

All panelists' lists are added together to get the final point values. Look at the first post, this newest list shows how many points everyone got.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i seee....now i sleep

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I love teams, but the bad part is that my yoshi isn't as good as my ganon in teams. =(
That's cause Ganon is just stupid in teams.

Requires no thought at all.

I SEE GUY I PUNCH GUY.

It's dumb how you can accomplish so much vs so many teams by just spamming F air and back air -_-;

Drex

Smash Apprentice
I would like the panelists to consider start looking at some of the players from Fresno/Central Valley area... we are starting to get a real scene going here and people have said we are considered nor cal... im sure BTZO can attest to there being some talent coming out of the fresno area as of late.

DRGN

Technowizard
edit: This is Delphiki

Hey Drex. I'm not part of the panel but until your area starts competing against other players in NorCal, nobody will have a good idea how they stand up. Sacramento County has been that way up until about 6 months ago.

Try to get some tournaments going in your area, with big names attending, or get out there to the Sacramento Biweeklies, Modesto, or Haywards tournaments! It's not enough to state your skill, it has to be proven.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Ganon does not **** because a) too slow b) easily tech chased c) easily comboed in the air and d) he's fυcking ganondorf. GG.

EDIT: I never tech chase cause I don't like it, but it is the main reason why ganon gets *****.

DEUCE EDIT: Everyone stole my edit style of "EDIT:". Fυcking *****es.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
ANYONE can combo Ganon easily. This is because Ganon doesn't have the ability to block. Main Ganon and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That's cause Ganon is just stupid in teams.

Requires no thought at all.

I SEE GUY I PUNCH GUY.
And this is different from Ganon in 1vs1 HOW?

Teams shouldn't count for singles power rankings because it's simply not the same. It requires a totally different skill set on top of the skills you need to be a successful 1vs1 player.

Finally, I wish BTZO would get more consistant. Just like everyone else on the list in that area and below. Start beating people you're supposed to. I'm tired of random regions/people beating the person I blatantly pointed out and others in that area and thinking they deserve some kind of recognition because of it.

And I'm annoyed I didn't get any points this time around. Not even from myself. That's bad.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Finally, I wish BTZO would get more consistant. Just like everyone else on the list in that area and below. Start beating people you're supposed to. I'm tired of random regions/people beating the person I blatantly pointed out and others in that area and thinking they deserve some kind of recognition because of it.

And I'm annoyed I didn't get any points this time around. Not even from myself. That's bad.
Wait wtf are you talking about? When's the last time I've lost to someone I'm "supposed to beat." If you're talking about Mango, then iono what ur talking about Mango is good, you'd have to play him. I haven't lost to anyone that I'm "not supposed to lose to" since the Drift system.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Ganon does not **** because a) too slow b) easily tech chased c) easily comboed in the air and d) he's fυcking ganondorf. GG.
That's pretty much it.

ANYONE can combo Ganon easily. This is because Ganon doesn't have the ability to block. Main Ganon and you'll see what I'm talking about.
And that's also pretty much it :p

So many people I've played have made the mistake of thinking that camping Ganon is the best way to fight him. But the more I played Ganon the more I realized that conservative campers are a lot easier to deal with than people who can effectively apply pressure at all times. And Captain Falcon is one of the best in the game at doing that. When you attack Ganon, he really has no answer. His jump is so slow that if you try to counter attack, you will just get hit before a move comes out. If you try to grab you will just get outspaced (or hit by an attack), so your only real option is to try and roll away, which is really easy to punish (especially for Captain Falcon), try to crouch cancel, which will never work because Ganon has one of the worst crouch cancel games of all the characters, side step using one of the worst side steps in the game and get punished for it, let go of your shield and get hit (which leads to combos) or just get grabbed (which also leads to combos). Combine all that with how easy it is to combo Ganon....yeah it pretty much makes fighting a good Captain Falcon, or any other character than can apply pressure non stop... 100% ******** and impossible.

I remember when Tori came down from Washington, we played a bunch of Ganon vs Falco matches, and it was pretty much even untill he realized that all he had to do was attack non stop. He even said "****, you were doing ok untill I figured out to just attack you". After that, I got owned over and over and over.

The trick to fighting Ganon is to realize that you can shut him down so easy and to not be afraid of him. Being afraid to get close to Ganon is the biggest mistake you can ever make while fighting him.

park5150

Smash Ace
That's pretty much it.

And that's also pretty much it :p

So many people I've played have made the mistake of thinking that camping Ganon is the best way to fight him. But the more I played Ganon the more I realized that conservative campers are a lot easier to deal with than people who can effectively apply pressure at all times. And Captain Falcon is one of the best in the game at doing that. When you attack Ganon, he really has no answer. His jump is so slow that if you try to counter attack, you will just get hit before a move comes out. If you try to grab you will just get outspaced (or hit by an attack), so your only real option is to try and roll away, which is really easy to punish (especially for Captain Falcon), try to crouch cancel, which will never work because Ganon has one of the worst crouch cancel games of all the characters, side step using one of the worst side steps in the game and get punished for it, let go of your shield and get hit (which leads to combos) or just get grabbed (which also leads to combos). Combine all that with how easy it is to combo Ganon....yeah it pretty much makes fighting a good Captain Falcon, or any other character than can apply pressure non stop... 100% ******** and impossible.

I remember when Tori came down from Washington, we played a bunch of Ganon vs Falco matches, and it was pretty much even untill he realized that all he had to do was attack non stop. He even said "****, you were doing ok untill I figured out to just attack you". After that, I got owned over and over and over.

The trick to fighting Ganon is to realize that you can shut him down so easy and to not be afraid of him. Being afraid to get close to Ganon is the biggest mistake you can ever make while fighting him.
My secondary is ganon, I know how it is...but when I play against ganon, I don't camp. Camping a ganon is not smart...I main yoshi and I usaully spam bair and stuff, but I don't camp...ganon is sick though. =)

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Actually, that's another thing about Ganon. Camping him is effective but it's a lot harder to do than a simple rush down, and since you will be closer to the edge more when camping, there's a greater chance of being "gayed" off the side :p

Ganon's attacks are only scary if he has the ability to use them. If you're camping, he is free to attack, so I think it's a lot more risky.

tc1

Smash Lord
a ALL PANELIST WHAT DO I HAVE2 TO DO 2 GET ON ..?? LIKE OWN U GUYS OR SUMTHIN OR HAVE GOOD MaTCHES OR PLACE HIGH OR WHAT CAUSE IVE TAKN OUT PPL ON THE LIST!!!!!! .... I KINDA NO THE DEAL ..BUT YAH ( SIGH) I GUESS ILL JUST HAVE 2 GO TO A KNOWN TOURNY OR SUMTHIN and own >>

TO ALL U WHO THINK IM NOT THAT GOOD MWAHAHAHAH IVE ASCENDED,, SERIOUSLY LIKE WHAT CAN I DO SINCE THERES NO MORE NCB'S ??????????????????????????????????????

SORRY IF U CANT READ WHAT I RITE LOL ASK ZOAP HELL DECIPHER IT ^ ^

O YEA I SSERIOUSLY THINK EVERY 1 IN FTA SHOULD BE RELATIVELY CLOSE OR ON THE LIST

Zoap

Smash Master
basically what tc1 said:

What does he have to do to get on the list?!?

Answer: Beat Ranked People in a Tournament, Not friendlies

He also says he has got better, hence the ascended deal.

He also thinks the tourney has to be well known for him to get notice, which he doesn't like cuz there are no more ncbs.

Answer: Not true refer to my first answer, any tournament where there are ranked players and you beat them gets noticed.

He also apologizes if you can't read what he is saying and said to talk to Zoap if you need some help
(Hell ya im good at decipherin ;) )

He also thinks that FTA should all be relatively close to each other on the list

EX: 19,20,21

ETC

If you can't understand me you suck at life

Have a nice day :)

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I think if a Ganon player is proactive, he wouldn't have to worry about relying on spur-of-the-moment countering, making him a very good character. You're never fast enough to counter against something with the right move. I actually believe that if you're proactive you will be very good overall.

Hmmm *looks back at article*.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
what the?

I've just been going peach because if I played fox I would do to well ;p

But thanks for mentioning me. I love reading my own name.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Yeah Jon even my Delphiki Games (yes I have a big ego and named my tournaments after myself. Get over it.) are considered. As long as the tournament has quality prizes anyone who beats top 25 players will be considered. Even if a top 25 doesn't attend it can still help the well performing players to elevate themselves a bit from the rabble, to at least get an eye or two on them.

edit: Any tournaments with free entry are pretty much ignored. So unless we start paying at Tyde's tourneys they won't matter.

Top Bottom