• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
good sh*t quak! looks like you were killin! i hope to see all u guys at the next biweekly!

quak

Smash Champion
alameda

even though it's next to oakland, don't be scuured, cause as soon as you cross the bridge, it's a complete contrast

it's only like 20 mins away from you

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
YEs I got a job! Now I can save up money, get a Wii and a car and never have time for biweeklys yahhh!

Im just like you now King except I work at a lower tier resturant. lol

Dennys= high-mid tier

Mcdonalds= Pichu tier (sorry Delphiki...)

quak

Smash Champion
Lol alright ill see wat i can do! when is it?
it's this saturday, don't be here before eleven, talk to me on aim though, cause i don't want the address out to the open public

or if you don't have aim just pm me here i guess

and delf, i wouldn't suggest coming, cause u guys are like 90 ****in miles away, and this isn't going to be massive, though it is more than i've had here at one time....

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
YEs I got a job! Now I can save up money, get a Wii and a car and never have time for biweeklys yahhh!

Im just like you now King except I work at a lower tier resturant. lol

Dennys= high-mid tier

Mcdonalds= Pichu tier (sorry Delphiki...)
LOL so now you guys work at a low tier restaurant?

And does this mean you won't be coming over for the winter?

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
[10.57.40 PM] Lun In Spectra: I saw a zhu look a like today...
[10.57.52 PM] Lun In Spectra: he was tall, asian
[10.57.54 PM] Lun In Spectra: short hair
[10.58.02 PM] Lun In Spectra: the only two different things about him
[10.58.10 PM] Lun In Spectra: were his Sunglasses
[10.58.15 PM] Lun In Spectra: and the two girls in his arms as he walked
[10.58.25 PM] Lun In Spectra: ...he even did the asian accent! "If I had ONE Dolla"

quak

Smash Champion
1 liter?

that's a tiny *** boot.... usually the authenic ones are at least 1.5 to 2....

seriously, if you want to talk about beer drinking vessals, talk to me. No joke, i will blow ur mind with info. For instance, anyone else know what metlach is?

did you try the twist when you get to the foot of the boot? is there any advantage to do that than to just drink it sideways?

oh and ur bud contacted me, you can come, try to bring a tv and pizza money

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
results.

teams

1st - ss / zhu
2nd - yen / frotaz
3rd - kfc / meep

singles

1st - ss
2nd - bob$
3rd - meep
4th - zhu
5th - quak
5th - kfc
7th - lunin
7th - bernard
9th - mexican
9th - hydrokirby
9th - lucien

(i think)

The King

Smash Ace
Somebody hold a biweekly tomorrow pleeeeease! My marth is playing so crazy right now. =)
Lol I really should start coming back to biweeklies, ugh. I haven't seen everybody in forever, except in small bunches. And the funny thing is, making a loose assumption that were I to have attended every biweekly since the last one I went to, if I were to have finished with a 2nd place average finish for teams/singles, I forfeited somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,800 by not going to them. =( lmaooo good times.

King Out

jmic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I didn't feel man enough to buy the 2 liter boot. Anyway, it's mouth blown glass, and more fragile. And for the price of it, I got two 1 liter boots and a boot shot glass.

The twist is for show only. Just drink it sideways.

1 liter of beer is just over 3 cans beer, and is still pretty hard to chug. Out of the 3 volume drinkers on campus, I'm the only one that finished it without putting it down.

And a metlach, isn't that the old style beer mug with the lid? Dang, this is gonna be an interesting smashfest, talking about drinking vessels, lol.

I'm 50% certain i can bring a TV, but 100% I'll have a cube or wii.

Oh snap. Happy belated birthday, King. Yours was the day before mine.

quak

Smash Champion
nope, that's a beer stien, beer stiens usually have a ceramic or porcelin body, while the lid is made out of pewter, a very malleable metal.

Mettlach was actually a factory in Germany that produced beer steins, but they produced the best ones, usually a mettlach piece will be stamped with a green ink or engraved on the bottom of the stein with an eagle and their name right below it, along with an ID number. These "Mettlach Stiens" prices range anywhere from 100 bucks to thousands of buck. Word the **** up.

And king, if you want to come, i'd be glad to have you, but i don't think you'll find much competition here.

AND PEOPLE, quit inviting other people! That's how people i don't know, end up at my doors, and if i turn em away i feel bad cause they drove all the way here, and if i let them stay, im risking my **** getting jacked to some degree.

and jmic, bring that tv dude, we need it

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I swear, there are like 20 SoCal threads and no NorCal threads. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I just didn't see an official NorCal thread.

I was told by Timmy and others to invite NorCal to DoDu, it is a tournament in Salem Oregon, it is an hour closer to NorCal than Portland. There are already about 35 confirmed and Washington is coming down to play. It would be really cool if you guys could come. It is a two day event, August 31 and September 1, low tier singles/doubles on Friday and regular singles/doubles on Saturday. Singles will be $15, the pot is already over $400. Housing will be provided.

Check it out you guys and let me know who is goming:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113118

jmic

Smash Ace
Holy freaking ****, you're right mlkg. Stupid *** bay bridge. Looks like we have to take the longass way with the San Mateo bridge. =/

This is now discouraging me to drive. How BART-able is your place?

quak

Smash Champion
ATTENTION PEOPLE AFFECTED BY BAY BRIDGE BEING CLOSED THIS WEEKEND

take bart for sure, my exit is fruitvale, but be AT THE FRUITVALE STATION NO LATER THAN 1030!!!

I'll give you a ride from the fruitvale station

Bob Money

Smash Ace
dan your average placing at biweeklies would be 1st singles and teams, no joke there is no one your level yet,

Jeff would be the only one to really give a run for your money, but he plays falcon.

i cant downsmash worth ****tt.:psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Top Bottom