• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
i kno this is a bit random but does ne one that live near san jose wanna smash some 2nite? the usual ppl i smash wit are all bizy, so if theres anyone thats down plz aim me. i really wanna play some smash 2day

Zoap

Smash Master
mike at wat time, and how long. I dont get outta class till 9, have to take the dogs walking so i wouldnt be at ur place till 11:30ish. If u dont mind that and i can stay for awhile then ill come play an eagles fan :)

The GERM

Smash Ace
aww sh**, okay everyone, DSF is scheduled to be here on Friday so everyone, and I mean everyone from DBR will be there on Saturday in full force. Now's the time to take any challenges from any crew, Deep Norcal, FTA, whoever, let's do this finally.

PS: I will test out my new character at the bi-weekly, I'll give you a hint, it's the only girl character I will ever play seriously.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
aww sh**, okay everyone, DSF is scheduled to be here on Friday so everyone, and I mean everyone from DBR will be there on Saturday in full force. Now's the time to take any challenges from any crew, Deep Norcal, FTA, whoever, let's do this finally.

PS: I will test out my new character at the bi-weekly, I'll give you a hint, it's the only girl character I will ever play seriously.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, no more maple until sunday then. gotta practice smash.!!

mike666

Smash Apprentice

more than likely we're gonna do a huge city crew battle thing, so everyone from each city make sure to bring enoug ppl to represent your area. San Jose ppl talk to me if you wanna try and be in the San Jose crew :)

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
haha actually haywards crews kinda small... ok ok me and bootle will take anybodys two best players in that crew and scrape them in a team match!

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, is the name "TheKneeOfJustice" taken? It's currently my name at some other places but I was never sure if it was taken. My other option is......MuyMacho!!!! Booyah!

Zoap

Smash Master
u know nk it could be his Shelda LOLOLOL, thats my guess at least. Hmm we need at least 4 hmm, me snap kawn <.< i dunno maybe theyll let us use 3 lol.

EDIT: I LOVED IT SCAMP LOL!!!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Nemesis, yeah it is, but I don't have wireless here in Santa Cruz. I hella want to play Tetris DS though so I'll bring it to the biweekly for **** sure.

HEY EVERYONE

So are we down for a Swiss Biweekly? I need to get ****e together if it's gonna happen...

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Nemesis, yeah it is, but I don't have wireless here in Santa Cruz. I hella want to play Tetris DS though so I'll bring it to the biweekly for **** sure.

HEY EVERYONE

So are we down for a Swiss Biweekly? I need to get ****e together if it's gonna happen...
yes please bring your ds. and I would love a swiss biweekly this saturday.. any format with more matches so i dont get knocked out after 2 rounds lol!

Tetris is getting more and more complicated... I found out its not just how fast you play... you can't just build up enough to do a double tetris and hope to win... attacking is like a double edge sword... you can't go too fast or too slow... you have to keep pace with the other player.. and attack when you want to win... a mistimed attack will have 4 tetrises coming at you... its so scary... I've been able to keep pace with some 5000 win japanese players... I'm still a high 5000 player low 6000 player... I want to be atleast a rating 7000 player soon.

Some japanese players look like they completely cheat though! I'll put 2 pieces down and they'll have 4 lines... and I'll be like WTF.

and I know at the highest level games with handicap 10, you are supposed to bulid from the middle and outwards so you can slide the pieces down both sides like a mountain... but thats way too complicated for me...

gotta love tetris >.<

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
LOL nemesis you are such a nerd XD reading in to that stuff waaay much.

anyways, i love the idea of the swiss format, atleast to try it out. i felt that DRFT went great, even if it was a strain on the people running it.

although its not a guarentee that i'll be there, chances are good. if you need any help setting things up just let me know.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Although a Swiss format would be a good change, it looks like the turnout is going to be much larger than usual, so I would play it safe and go with a standard double elimination tournament. I think Swiss would be best for a smaller biweekly considering we haven't done it yet, and if it didn't work less people would be angry XD haha

Zoap

Smash Master
i like the idea of swiss, but b4 we go about doing it, i would liek to know if this would be like GS2 swiss or just win loss kinda. EXAMPLE:

GS2=Getting Schooled 2

Anyways me and jeff play, now cuz its GS2 style 5 stock match, you play 1 MATCH.

So Jeff wins I take 3 stock, we would then be like, Zoap:3, SS:5. These are points, and you would play everyone in ur pool like that and then be moved according to ur points.

The other way is by set wins, we play a regular set, the winner gets 1 pt the loser 0.
So it would be Jeff:1 , Zoap:0

The other way i guess that is possible is, play a set, yet do # 1 way. This of course can lead to huge lopsidedness, EX:
Zoap takes 3 from jeff first match Jeff takes 4. Second match(Because Jeff wants more points he lets zoap win but still takes 3 stock) so the score is now 7:7. Third match Jeff goes nuts takes 4 Zoap takes 1, Jeff now has 11 Zoap has 8. In comparison to someone who wins twice in arow the most they could have is 8. So perhaps we play only two matches to prevent this hmmmm.... I ll give it some more thought when i get back.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Well, I wasn't going to do anything with stock. Here is my idea (BTW I was only going to do this with singles):

Each round needs to be completely even. What I propose for each round is that each person picks 2 stages in advance and let's the other player know what they are. One of them must be a neutral stage (both could be if desired). After that, each player can ask the other to change exactly one of their opponent's stages (if it is the neutral stage, it must be replaced with another neutral stage). Both players can select the same stage(s) if they desire. IDEALLY I'd like to have each game in the set be double blind, but I think it's impractical, so each game will work like advanced slob picks: one person picks his stage, other player chooses char, first player selects char, go. Players switch off with their stages. If there's a disagreement about who should go first, you can flip a coin or something. So yes, a set is four games.

EXAMPLE:
Zoap picks DL64 and Fountain of Dreams
SS picks Yoshi's Story and FD
Zoap bans Yoshi's Story, and SS replaces it with Pokemon Stadium
Jeff: "I don't ban anything."
It is agreed that Zoap has first stage pick, and elects to play DL64 first. Jeff picks CF, Zoap picks Peach.
Regardless of the outcome, it is now Jeff's turn to select stage. He picks FD, Zoap picks Peach, Jeff picks CF.
Etc.

You get one point per game win. In the next round you will play someone whose record is as close to yours as possible. You will not play the same person twice.

We will play 5 rounds. After that, the top 8, 6, or 4 (depending on time and preference) people will play in a seeded Double Elimination bracket.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
hi bye i fkn hate ms and i just lost 80 mil and dam..fkd up haha

best thing i did recently regarding smash:

level 8 fox returning to stage on fd.

marth, me, i had a fully charged forward smash..and it tipped him..he died..so horribly..LOL

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Well my car will be bringing Simna, kev$, NK, and myself. Sorry no other seats.

this set up sounds like fun. If we can do it with the larger turnout then lets try.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
BTZO may be right. Considering the number of people that are going to be there Swiss may not be a good idea. Not because it'd be hard to set up, but the tourney would take too long because we wouldn't have enough setups to run it quickly.

And if we do do it, I'm going to have to throw people out for jumping on the TVs for friendlies during the tournament. Like seriously, throw them out the only window that opens. And I'll probably do this even if I'm not running the tourney at all.

Let's see. Say we have 40 people. That's 20 matches a round. If we have 8 setups that's 2.5 games per setup per round. So basically 3 games. If each game takes 10 minutes that's half an hour per round. Add about 15 minutes for idiots and I'll go 45 minutes per round at best. That means 5 rounds is three hours and forty-five minutes.

Now that I think about it, what if we go over 64? If that happens I pledge not to enter singles and run the whole thing right.

The King

Smash Ace
My Tetris DS online ranking was 7821 last time i stopped playing a couple months back. Mainly because I don't own Tetris DS, lol. Japanese people are easy, unless they are extremely good Japanese people, then the match is a lot of fun. But in all honesty, they might just be non-Japanese people with Japanese names for fun, and I'd never be the wiser of it. =(

Just felt like putting that out there.

King Out

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
My Tetris DS online ranking was 7821 last time i stopped playing a couple months back. Mainly because I don't own Tetris DS, lol. Japanese people are easy, unless they are extremely good Japanese people, then the match is a lot of fun. But in all honesty, they might just be non-Japanese people with Japanese names for fun, and I'd never be the wiser of it. =(

Just felt like putting that out there.

King Out
LOL!!!! holy 7821... *shakes fist* bested me at smash... bested me at tetris... oh GOD I HAVE NOTHING!!!

O_o.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
hey anyone that goes to SJSU someone check sometime for me and go see if the student center bowling center is open. Thanks! I have to know soon, NK if bowling center is open, lets play KOF!

SCAMP WE NEED TO PLAY KOF FOR REAL, WE NEVER GET TO PLAY!

I think germs girl character is zelda because he does play zelda from what i heard from people, but he would never go low tier in an actually tournament and stay low tier, he doesnt have the skill, LOL guys! I would be suprised if he goes sheik so he can be cheap!

Biweekly is going to be hella tight just watching people throw there money away. LOL

Top Bottom