• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Snap

Smash Ace
My Ko ChY cO 01: dude
My Ko ChY cO 01: do you put "Snap" into your hw assignments?
My Ko ChY cO 01: LOl
berkeley dot edu: LMFAO
berkeley dot edu: dfhkgae[gpaekg[pkEPFOGAKDPFOGAIPDOFGAPODKIGPAOEKGA

darkatma

Smash Hero
I wasn't gonna post here coz i would have 2 more posts then yen..but owell

6 neutral stages allowed(battlefield, DL64, Final Destination, Yoshi Story, PokeStad, and Fountain of Dreams), each person gets to ban 1 for first game

W/ advanced slob pick yadda yadda

Karthik you should keep the rules in the first page, they sorta dissappeared after a while :lick:

edit: Look down ^_^

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Rules rules rules.... they use MLG rules, which are the following:

1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

9. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.

10. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.

11. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

12. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

13. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

15. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Copy and pasted from mlgpro.com, with irrelevant stuff taken out. Rule 10 is something new, so it's up to The KK Krew to figure out what to do with that
Rainbow Cruise is also banned. I think.

ALSO! I just realized my best friends bday is Thursday, meaning a party for her is very likely this Sat. We'll see to that. Plus, Yen's gone. Can't have one Nguyen without the otehr LOLZAMIRIGHT???

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
$120 by the 28th of october...hmm...just ask the people that come in for a buck to just get in the room =3 that way its assured that you can reach that amount by then. and if theyre flat broke >.< let them in anyways =P
Yeah, I was just saying that because NintendoKing has pledged $120.

The maximum amount needed for this tournament is probably around $500-600. We'll probably reach that amount by the time a few fundraisers and a couple of NCBs are done. All donations are still welcome. Gonna still need 'em.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Can anyone ask Mike about my wallet? Like in person or by phone so there's a quick response?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Can anyone ask Mike about my wallet? Like in person or by phone so there's a quick response?
Man, that really sucks. I hope there wasn't too much in it. I asked Mike about it, he didn't see it.

From the words of Mike: "Uh, I don't remember seeing one when I cleaned up the room and none of the other club officers have said anything about it. Maybe when the room is set up this weekend, David might find it, but yeah I didn't remember seeing one. Sorry."

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Thanks Karthik.

No money, except maybe a few 1s. The bother is credit cards I need to cancel and an ID which I need to go replace. And I need to get a new Safeway club card. I think I also had an EBGames card of some kind?

Oh whoops, I forgot I had all of my tourney winnings in there. Oh well.

Oh, and I need to get a new wallet. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the most likely place for it (if it is there) would be in the couch. That blue couch we moved when were were playing at like 3 AM. It'd be easy to miss if it were in the couch and not simply on top of it.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
they use MLG rules

Copy and pasted from mlgpro.com, with irrelevant stuff taken out. Rule 10 is something new, so it's up to The KK Krew to figure out what to do with that
Rainbow Cruise is also banned. I think.
Well actually we used OC2 rules at the most recent biweeklies, which were 3 stages on random and 3 slob picked stages. The biweeklies before though were based on MLG rules, but not all of them are really important and used (seating for example).

Rule 10 actually isn't new, except for maybe the random stages not being able to be banned (I don't remember seeing that before). It was pretty standard and has been used all this year, not too many people in the tournament actually went by it though I noticed (before I did the biweeklies:p ). You are supposed to pick character before you ban stages, and higher seed is always allowed to go 2nd obviously. To be honest though, IMO, I think the inablility to ban random stages according to the rules is kind of stupid, so I suggest that we don't use that rule, but if we do and want to go completely by MLG rules that's fine as well.

No Rainbow Cruise isn't banned, I think Karthik might've had it banned at some point though, but it shouldn't be.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Yeah, I banned Rainbow Cruise, and it'll remain banned for both Teams and Singles.

I think the majority want it banned anyways. And those who need it for MLG, will be at MLG anyways as MLG Orlando falls on this biweekly's date. So until further notice, we'll be going back to the MLG rules with the exception of Rainbow Cruise and players WILL be allowed to ban one of the random stages. There was a time when at one NCB when both players agreed to play on Hyrule Temple. I don't encourage that but I wrote down the winner as both players agreed on the final result. I don't want that to happen again at all, haha. So let's follow the rules.

I wish everyone good luck at the tournament. Take it easy guys.

[edit]

Alright Scamp, I'll check and ask Kizzo when we setup on Saturday.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Well actually we used OC2 rules at the most recent biweeklies, which were 3 stages on random and 3 slob picked stages. The biweeklies before though were based on MLG rules, but not all of them are really important and used (seating for example).

Rule 10 actually isn't new, except for maybe the random stages not being able to be banned (I don't remember seeing that before). It was pretty standard and has been used all this year, not too many people in the tournament actually went by it though I noticed (before I did the biweeklies:p ). You are supposed to pick character before you ban stages, and higher seed is always allowed to go 2nd obviously. To be honest though, IMO, I think the inablility to ban random stages according to the rules is kind of stupid, so I suggest that we don't use that rule, but if we do and want to go completely by MLG rules that's fine as well.

No Rainbow Cruise isn't banned, I think Karthik might've had it banned at some point though, but it shouldn't be.
I know that, but y'know, OC2 is over, so no need for OC2 rules right? :p

mcc

Smash Ace
for singles random stage select, 4 of the 6 stages are almost exactly the same (3 platforms on a main stage), which kinda of defeats the purpose of the rule "no stages can be used twice"*.

*isn't it supposed to show that you can win on a variety of stages, and not just one?

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
for singles random stage select, 4 of the 6 stages are almost exactly the same (3 platforms on a main stage), which kinda of defeats the purpose of the rule "no stages can be used twice"*.

*isn't it supposed to show that you can win on a variety of stages, and not just one?
I'm assuming you're talking about Yoshi's story, Battlefield, and Dreamland. Each of these has their significant differences.

I'll leave it up to you to figure it out, cause I dont wanna go over it right now. And its more than just "YS has a cloud and Dreamland has wind"

Lets jsut say, in OC2, despite having only the 6 random stages, there was still some heavy counterpicking going on.

Think of size, character recoveries, freedom of movement, etc. As you play more you'll notice heavy differences in these stages. Of course it'll be hard for people when I chan grab them from 0 to death. Muahaha.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
FoD has moving platforms. DL64 has wind and has really far killzones. battlefield has the ******** edges that you can easily get caught under. yoshi's story has the clouds, shyguys that might screw up your l-cancel and overall timing, and is a very small stage where KOs are a lot easier. though the base design for those stages are basically the same, there are slight obstacles that may hinder or improve a character's performance. you must also take into account the placement of the platforms. they're not entirely the same.

mcc

Smash Ace
well yeah, but what i meant was that the basic strategy you use on the main stage will be almost the same. i'm not really counting the minor differences like shyguys, wind, etc. and the basic placing of the platforms is the same, even if they are more spread apart on one stage and closer together on another or whatever. I think that it should be FD,pokemon stadium, and a 3-platform stage instead of random pick and no repeating stages. but that's just my opinion

Ian

Smash Ace
could someone going to MLG orlando get me a shirt( large or xl which ever is more convenient)? I'll and bring it to the next biweekly they go to ^^? I'll pay for the shirt+ a 5$ tip...king...sheridangerous ^^? hit me up on AIM hammertimedelux or PM me or message my myspace for phone #...thanks

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol mcc you joined SWF in May2006, and you already have 196 posts

Obviously you discuss too much and play too little. Spend some more time playing instead of posting on the boards. Then you'll see how different the four 3-platformed stages are.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I MIGHT have work on saturday:mad: :mad: , I'll see what I can do and try my best to make it, I'll know whether or not I'm working by tomorrow...

Zoap

Smash Master
if btzo is working, i am lacking a team partner(unless snap changes his mind) would lunin want to team wit Zoap? just a suggestion if btzo cant make it of course

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
HEY, MIKE666

OR KIZZO

KIZZO I MEAN!

KIZZo.....IF YOU SEE THIS

IF YOU CAN

could you actually allow ACCESS AND DOWNLOAD for MAPLESTORY [ONLY]
for a few comps? like as many as YOU CAN possible? omg please just that?

KIZZO RESPOND? dude i want maplefest..

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
How bout we don't use any TVs for the PS2 so that we can have as much smash as possible. Thank you. Loser.. . wait not done yet. . .

GUITAR HERO!?!?!? WHAT ARE YOU A GIRLY JOHNS MAKING NOOBA MOLE?!?!??? GAH BALGH ALGH GET OUTTA HERE FREAK!!!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Okay I found my wallet. Thanks for the help.

There have always been open TVs as far as I've seen. Bring your PS2 and Guitar Hero is a go!

Also if Bobby and Sheridan go I may bring Guilty Gear.

MAY bring Guilty Gear??? GET IT? Way too good.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Okay I found my wallet. Thanks for the help.

There have always been open TVs as far as I've seen. Bring your PS2 and Guitar Hero is a go!

Also if Bobby and Sheridan go I may bring Guilty Gear.

MAY bring Guilty Gear??? GET IT? Way too good.
Uh...no, I'd say bring it if you want, but there might not be a guarantee you'll play early on (maybe later when some people take there GC's as usual).

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
The only game that we'd allow other than SSBM is SSB64 if there are enough TVs during the usual tournament hours. But during tournament time, I want all the TVs to be for only the tournament matches. Not even smash friendlies should happen during the first 3 rounds of tournament.

Guitar Hero wtf? That sounds hella lame. :urg:

Of course, you're welcome to play what you want as long is Kizzo allows it after the tournament is over, or GCs start to leave as ShadowBTZO just stated in the above post. Good game. Can't wait to smash.

MapleStory? -____- Ugh, that's what caused us to lose Fremont's best smasher.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Guitar Hero wtf? That sounds hella lame. :urg:
LOLOL I never really noticed how "lame" that name is hahaha. Guitar Freaks > Guitar Hero. 3 keys with 4 fingers > 5 keys with 4 fingers (I have no idea what the keys on a guitar are called if they aren't called keys:p ).

Still don't know what is happening with work, I have to get my work permit turned in (still 16 so yeah). My orientation is tomorrow, so I am going to know FOR SURE by tomorrow, work sucks:ohwell: :ouch:

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Wow, like 5 people in a row just dissed RPK and Guitar Hero. Cut him some slack....
Uh...no one was dissin RPK (ignore mc mike he was jokin) just Guitar Hero, I mean, it's smashboards you aren't going to see many fans of a non fighting game...yeah I said there aren't many meaning there are some people that play alot of music games like me:chuckle:

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
kaid are u going to this....cause if u are then ill probably be meeting you at the scotts valley transit center.....k lol, since its cheaper do you want to give doubles another shot or not???

Top Bottom