• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Saydon

Smash Rookie
Can someone post all the Random stage lvls and all the counterpick lvls for singles smash tourney?
o ya and whats the purpose of that room when we arent playing smash in there anyways? :psycho:

Geo

Smash Ace
I'm a bit late but here it goes.

Huge thanks to ender for driving us. TS was great as always.

FoxRoar: Too good.

Frotaz: Let's go play wow.

Zel: Good **** nice seeing you again. I hate Falco =P.

Sheridangerous: GREAT to see you again even though we didn;t hang out much. Sorry about the friendlies we should've gotten more in.

Kizzo and Karthik: Thanks for having us, it was a blast.

K Balls the smasher formerly known as KAWN: Sorry about the gay match but if I rushed in you would've thunderfooted me or thrown me off to thunderfoot and that means I lose. ****ing great Zelda though.

Zoap: Good ****, great seeing you again.

SNAP: Snap you are a beast plowing through losers like that.

Hella: we didn't get to play. My heartfelt sentiments on that first match vs SS.

SilentSpectre: TOO FAST and TOO FLASHY!!! I held out OK, but you are too good now. Your a cool kid say hi to Mitchell for me.

Kurtis: Long time no see Kurtis nice talking to you say hit to Mitchell for me too.

That's all I can remember. I'm gonna go play some WoW now.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
In a big chatroom, we decided to do draft crews. Somehow, Scamp and I became captains.

[edit] Zoap has taken over as captain for Scamp.

Rules: 40 lives for each team, and only ten people from each team will play.

So we'll be doing this on May 20th. Here's the lineup that we picked (Dodgeball style, 1-1, etc):

Team Dangerous:
1. Karthik (Team Captain)
2. LunInSpectra
3. Kizzo
4. Foxroar
5. K-Balls
6. ShadowBTZO
7. X_CAL
8. Snike
9. Zhu
10. Arturo
Alt. Frotaz
Alt. SonicWYTE

Team Smack:
1. Zoap (Team Captain)
2. SilentSpectre
3. Hella
4. Snap
5. Layzie
6. Nekurbis
7. Valis
8. Mikkuz
9. Volroth
10. Falcomist
Alt. SideFX

Someone MUST record this. Can anyone bring a VCR and a tape?

Art?

Smash Journeyman
whoa... i'm in a crew battle without even me knowing it? god i feel like a slave...

jk. :chuckle:

i'm really looking forward to this. TEAM DANGEROUS FTW! how long do you think this'll take?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
ooo let me be an alt for the crew, zhu can vouch for my skills (or lack there of) hehe

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
WTF CHARLES

HOW can you have TEAM DANGEROUS in it without Mr. S. Dangerous? Any way this sheezy could happen a week when some of Norcal isn't in Dallas?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Art - YOU feel like a slave? I was the one who had to draft from a bunch of people I've barely heard of. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Sheridizzle: I actually drafted you, but then we realized you're going to be in Dallas. So I basically had to trade a pretty high draft pick for an extra pick in the 11th round or so. No I will not say when I drafted you.

By the way the order listed is not the order drafted. Just in case people try to reason something out of opinion.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
djkarthik said:
In a big chatroom, we decided to do draft crews. Somehow, Scamp and I became captains.

Rules: 40 lives for each team, and only ten people from each team will play.

So we'll be doing this on May 20th. Here's the lineup that we picked (Dodgeball style, 1-1, etc):

Team Dangerous:
1. djkarthik
2. LunInSpectra
3. Kizzo
4. Foxroar
5. K-Balls
6. ShadowBTZO
7. X_CAL
8. Snike
9. Zhu
10. Arturo
Alt. Frotaz
Alt. SonicWYTE

Team Smack:
1. Scamp
2. SilentSpectre
3. Hella
4. Snap
5. Zoap
6. Layzie
7. Valis
8. Nekurbis
9. Mikkuz
10. Volroth
Alt. Falcomist
Alt. SideFX

Someone MUST record this. Can anyone bring a VCR and a tape?

Aww... Sky didn't make the cut. :(

Saydon

Smash Rookie
Sence this will all prob be on one tv, we can have a ****load of freindlys right? N i like have a pos vcr you guys can use if just get a tape or something ill see if i have the cords when i get home... but if someone else has a vcr say so, so i dont look like an idiot carring it around..
If people from the draft arent there are you gonna pick people at the tournament? :laugh:
how long do these usually take btw? :lick:

Zoap

Smash Master
<.<;;; so Kawn got put on the other team eh? Great... and so everyone knows his name is still Kawn, K-Balls is just a nickname Bob$ came up wit.

Mikkuz doesnt show up often. He has showed up 2 times so far <.<;;;

I dunno about this, its kinda fishy just like that ditto thing.

Edit: We better write down our chars b4 hand i dont want no cheating going on

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
This is just for fun, btw. Depending on how this goes, we might do this every biweekly.

Now this is how it happened. Basically Scamp and I took turns drafting people from those expected to show up to the tournament. Now if certain players on certain teams do not show up, the team captain will have to play an alternate. Now if more than two players from certain teams do not show up, the missing spot will be a DQ unless the captain can find someone else. This will take place towards the end of Teams going into the beginning of Singles, and it will only use one TV. All the matches will be recorded in made into a single crew battle video.

If you would like to participate in future crew battles make yourself known by either skill or coolness and I'll draft you, haha. Let's go Team Dangerous! Sorry, Sheridan. I would have definitely drafted you if you weren't going to represent us dangerously at MLG Dallas. And Art, we don't need Meeko, hahaha.

Zoap:
One of the things about crew battles is counterpicking. Only the 1st players/chars will be predetermined.

Docpillz

Smash Cadet
Haha, crew battles...This is a cool idea, we should do it every so often and put videos here to show norcal's skill as we all improve. I wish I was on it, but no one would want me anyways :( . Oh well, team smack is gonna own this, especially with layzie on their side :) I'll be there to watch and all that, see everyone on da 20th yo.

Zoap

Smash Master
umm no karthik see according to kish rules. All characters are selected. Then u play a person to counter not a character. AND the only exception to this is when incomin player wants to choose stage, the defending player than may switch there character. Thats how its done and this is still kinda fishy :psycho: :psycho:

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Zoap said:
umm no karthik see according to kish rules. All characters are selected. Then u play a person to counter not a character. AND the only exception to this is when incomin player wants to choose stage, the defending player than may switch there character. Thats how its done and this is still kinda fishy :psycho: :psycho:
Don't make me SMACK you DANGEROUSLY, Zoap.

But all right, we're doing Kish Rules, what Zoap just said.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
OK, I'm glad we are doing it that way, it's better...and you kids better get ready, Team Dangerous is takin this sh*t...haha jk, we'll see how it goes, imma be practicin.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Team Smack seems to think that we're the underdogs. May as well be.

We'll still SMACK you DANGEROUSLY. Haha, jk fools.

:laugh:

Team Dangerous meeting at 7-8 p.m. PST tonight... IM me, we're going to talk. CR Time.

It's best if Team Smack doesn't reveal things to Team Dangerous and vice versa.

Even though this is all for fun, it'll be better if things are all secretive.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
To those that are unaware, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was revealed today at E3 for the Nintendo Wii console that is arriving later this year. SSBB is being released in 2007. Some new characters have been released such as Meta-Knight, Pit, Wario... and... Snake?

Snake?? Snake?!?! Snaaaake! ZOMG. Solid Snake will be the next Smash Bros.

Check it out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/

The meeting was pretty much pointless, but we did go crazy when SSBB was revealed.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
For everyone not in the crew battle who wants to be, simply get yourself into the top 24 in singles. You'll have a good shot at being in the next one provided this one goes well.

If you make the top 16 I guarantee that you'll be in the next crew battle assuming, again, that we do more and that you show up.

EDIT: ZERO SUIT SAMUS FOR THE WIN!

Can someone get me a poster?

And yeah....I'll probably end up playing Pit. Seems like my fighting style.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
For anyone that went to E3, and has promotional things such as posters, etc.

I will buy them off of you. IM me on what things you have. Just Nintendo things.

9 days until the big showdown between Smack and Dangerous. Anyone volunteer a VCR?

Art?

Smash Journeyman
my friend told me about a smashfest in salinas this friday (tomorrow). i'm not sure whether or not to go; it all depends on the competition. i don't even know who's gonna be there besides the person who invited me. anyone from the bi-weeklies gonna be there? oh, and is team dangerous gonna be discussing line-ups or possible strats at all? i don't wanna be left outta the loop. :ohwell:

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
(The following is Kish's crew battle rules; just copy-pasting Scamp's words)

This is how the NCB Civil War Crew Battle will happen:

Both teams write down their 10 members, the character each member is going to use, and who is going first. They hand those lists off to a judge, who can make sure they stick to it. The first stage is random. (Random is FD, Pokemon, and Kirby 64) After that, the losing side can send up whoever they want to challenge who's left.

But they don't reveal their character when they walk up.

First, they either choose a stage or go random.

If they go random, the opponent can't change. If the challenger does pick a stage, the opponent then has an opportunity to change his character. Once he's decided his character, THEN the challenger reveals his character.

And so on.

The judge will be decided by me and Scamp, we'll let you know who it is.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Art? said:
my friend told me about a smashfest in salinas this friday (tomorrow). i'm not sure whether or not to go; it all depends on the competition. i don't even know who's gonna be there besides the person who invited me. anyone from the bi-weeklies gonna be there? oh, and is team dangerous gonna be discussing line-ups or possible strats at all? i don't wanna be left outta the loop. :ohwell:
I'll be there of course, SonicWYTE will be there, and some SC people such as FoxRoar. There will be some good competition so please come down...haha, I'm askin anybody who wants to, I mean, we have the whole house (Game 2's haha) so hit me up on aim if you are interested.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hooray for new avatars!

Please give info/opinions on the crew battle and any other comments about biweekly tournaments.

Don't be afraid to post negative comments either. But please do so seriously.

And I strongly recommend getting into the top 16 this biweekly if you're there.

Camkik

Smash Rookie
San Jose is so far away T-T Is it possible to have one in Sacramento? I'm not sure I can find a ride from someone willing to drive four hours. I'll think of a way of getting myself there.

I'm also scared of going because, even though I'm good against junior highers that don't have the game, I think I'll suck (and make a fool of myself) if I go against someone at one of these meet things.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
BOOOO to the new SSBB avatars..there's only 15, 11 good/ok ones and..no chance on being unique if using one, i felt like using "PIT" but..

Pit's name reminds me of..

"ARM" PIT LOLOLOL PO POPO P" "P
L
"
"L
"L P
L
LLP

- _- 2k7 for SSBB..hopefully, Revolution will be a lot cheaper by then.

screw calling it "WII"..that "WII"Ly sounds annoying..

Sooner or later, you hear people probably say "WII"NERS LOL

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Camkik said:
San Jose is so far away T-T Is it possible to have one in Sacramento? I'm not sure I can find a ride from someone willing to drive four hours. I'll think of a way of getting myself there.

I'm also scared of going because, even though I'm good against junior highers that don't have the game, I think I'll suck (and make a fool of myself) if I go against someone at one of these meet things.

There are a lot of people starting to show up in/near the sac area as soon as i get back from dallas I will be SERIOUSLY this time, trying to start a tourney or biweeklies. contact me on AIM if you want.

also San Jose is not 4 hours from sac lol, its 2.5 if milk and simna tell you to go the wrong way though.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
OMG stupid karthik

he's banned from my house now, and now i know not to let him use my comp

i love u karthik

Top Bottom