• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Valis said:
i figured that much, i was just talking about if 2 of those 11 don't show up....which probably has a pretty good chance of happening
and yeah, i kinda remembered that usually it's just made so that 4 people would get 5 stock but i thought we might be doing it diferently or something idk
oh yeah and have you thought about giving each person on the winning team like 1 dollar out of the pot or something, that could make it more fun and intense.....i guess? lol
Well it's kind of assumed that that isn't going to happen, but if it does, then you guys are going to have to "draft" someone else, cuz giving people more stock is unfair for us, cuz you could just give it to all the best people. If that happens we'll figure somethin out...Oh yeah, new Pit avatars are hella tight...haha.

The GERM

Smash Ace
I'll fill in if someone doesn't show up, I don't care what team I go on really, I just wanna **** 3 or 4 people in one sitting....

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
sidefx said:
i give my alternate spot up to german =D

so if were a man down.. ( and i think we will be.. ) then germ takes the spot
As much as I would love for German to play, I don't want him to destroy our team. The teams would be stacked if you leave and give German your spot. Your team's already saying we're the underdogs. :ohwell: And if German joins those ranks, oh boy, we lost. :psycho: Besides, you might not even have to leave. German will probably still be able to play since I doubt Nekurbis or Mikkuz will be able to make it. Is Bob$ going?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
You guys don't need to make a big deal out of this.

If Nekurbis or Mikkuz don't show up, then draft someone else. If you're going to draft someone top-tier like Germ or Bob$, then make them go last on the team. This way everyone gets to play more-or-less normally, and you can also easily speculate how well things would have gone if they had been "fair".

Since this happens after teams I think that in the future we'll just draft based on who's there when teams start.

And get people to post up in the *new* tourney results forum! But don't spam it up with useless junk. I mean tourney organizers and whatnot. Surely people know a few...

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hoodie said:
So is this happening on the 20th too lol..
Uh...yeah, and from what Karthik says, it's going to be going on during the finals of teams, which will vary depending on what time they want to start teams.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
I want to get alot of freindlies in this time around, this should be my last biweekly for a few months...so yeah anybody that I haven't played yet, I'd like to play this time around.

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
Sky Hazuki said:
Is anyone here going to Fanime? Because i really don't want anybody good going, because I want to look top tier. :)
LOL well good luck on that. Try to keep secret but HELLA goin to fanime and he bringing some friends along for only i know who they are :laugh:

Zoap

Smash Master
<.<

Well seeing how i didnt pick any one on the team that im now captaining, i will look at ppl for canidates to fill in, and i will discuss it wit my team so dont worry we will get this stuff down.
Unless im allowed to fill the two spots wit The Germ and Bob$, then i dont think there will be a problem :) :laugh: :psycho: :chuckle: :p

The GERM

Smash Ace
Sky Hazuki said:
Is anyone here going to Fanime? Because i really don't want anybody good going, because I want to look top tier. :)
Hahahaha, me, Hella, and Bob$ are going, sorry(We'll be the ones taking everyone's money).

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Ah, I miss my Nor Cal homeboys. I'll be back in 5-6 weeks time...hopefully the Smash tourny scene won't die down as summer rolls around, chi :p

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Already Mike G and Manacloud Mike have the same avatar I do.

But they're cool so it's okay.

Don't worry, Koke. We'll be here. Team up with Frotaz!

Snap

Smash Ace
SNKE said:
I want to get alot of freindlies in this time around, this should be my last biweekly for a few months...so yeah anybody that I haven't played yet, I'd like to play this time around.
WHY MAN!? are you going on vacation or something? we'll play like, a million friendlies ok?

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
The GERM said:
Hahahaha, me, Hella, and Bob$ are going, sorry(We'll be the ones taking everyone's money).
****IT! God!!! this year I thought I was actually going to get some fans like in naruto. T____T Thanks for crushing my dreams.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Scamp said:
Already Mike G and Manacloud Mike have the same avatar I do.

But they're cool so it's okay.

Don't worry, Koke. We'll be here. Team up with Frotaz!
Heh, good good. I'll probably be teaming up with foxroar again...when I first come up, he won't want to, then we'll play, we'll be even in 1v1, then we'll end up teaming. That's how it tends to work, and from the looks of it, he's been improving a lot, where as my skills have atrophied from a lack of play and too much studying...can't wait for summer!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Team Smack, since you guys lost Scamp, and will possibly be short of one player, I was going to say that you shouldn't recruit German since that's not a equal player value. But German had said that Bob$ is going, and that if they're seperated into two different teams that he doesn't care. (I just talked to him). So Zoap if you want to talk, or flip a coin or whaterever, to pick which player goes to which team, that's fine, haha.

I personally don't care who we get since they're both too cool and both too cool.

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
The GERM said:
HELLA told me Zel is going or he has work or something that weekend?

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
I couldn't find any information on this, but what stages are banned at NCB? Just MLG rules?

I'll be back next month. I've wanted to go to another tourney for ages now, but my schedule has been insanely busy for the past month and a half. Starting June I'll probably be available.

I wish I had a teammate though. :(

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
djkarthik said:
Team Smack, since you guys lost Scamp, and will possibly be short of one player, I was going to say that you shouldn't recruit German since that's not a equal player value. But German had said that Bob$ is going, and that if they're seperated into two different teams that he doesn't care. (I just talked to him). So Zoap if you want to talk, or flip a coin or whaterever, to pick which player goes to which team, that's fine, haha.

I personally don't care who we get since they're both too cool and both too cool.
Yeah, that'd be the best way to do it, not just give them Germ or Bob and we get no one new, plus we technically already did the draft, we should do the draft on the day of next time, so we know who is able to be drafted. I don't really care either who gets who, I just don't want Team Smack getting Germ and Bob...haha.

AndyS. said:
I wish I had a teammate though. :(
Heh, yeah me too...haha, w/e I'll be askin around this Saturday. And the banned stages are Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, and uh...someone else is gonna have to tell you the rest... :chuckle:

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
gundamboi said:
HELLA told me Zel is going or he has work or something that weekend?
I'm pretty sure that Zel isn't going and he's going to MLG Dallas with King, Sheridan, Simna, Isai and the rest of 'em. Let's go NorCal, tear 'em up at Dallas. Unless something happened but I'm pretty sure he got his tickets.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
djkarthik said:
I'm pretty sure that Zel isn't going and he's going to MLG Dallas with King, Sheridan, Simna, Isai and the rest of 'em. Let's go NorCal, tear 'em up at Dallas. Unless something happened but I'm pretty sure he got his tickets.
Uh...I think he is talking about Fanime, and I don't know about fanime, but I'm pretty sure Zel is going to Dallas. Forrealz though, Norcal is gonna beat the sh*t out of some ****s up in Dallas, haha. As for Fanime, I think I might be going to it, I'm not sure yet, ma gf wants me to go (no she ain't fat or geeky or nuttin :chuckle: ), and there is gonna be smash and ****...well gf > smash, but I might get some games in if I go.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Silly Sasquatch.

Anyways, the situation on the Germ/Bob situation for the Civil War is as follows:

Zoap will pick one of them shortly after he consults his team, and I will take the other.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I dunno if that's really a fair resolution. Not for Bob$ and Germ, but for whoever gets taken off of Team Dangerous in order for Bob or Germ to play on that team.

And if you want equal player value for me, have Bob or Germ play with only three stock and about 40 percent to start. That seems about right. Depending, of course, on what character they use.

Also it's not 100 percent that I won't go. But it's pretty likely. If I do go do I get to usurp my captainship right back from Pete? That'd be sweet. And you can't coach in a Farve Jersey. We want to project a winning image. OH BURN!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Scamp said:
I dunno if that's really a fair resolution. Not for Bob$ and Germ, but for whoever gets taken off of Team Dangerous in order for Bob or Germ to play on that team.

And if you want equal player value for me, have Bob or Germ play with only three stock and about 40 percent to start. That seems about right. Depending, of course, on what character they use.

Also it's not 100 percent that I won't go. But it's pretty likely. If I do go do I get to usurp my captainship right back from Pete? That'd be sweet. And you can't coach in a Farve Jersey. We want to project a winning image. OH BURN!
Well, both the captains have agreed on it, Dave. :ohwell:

I'm sorry to those who get shafted though. I don't know about getting captainmanship back.

You DID hand it off, if he wants to, he can give it back to you.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to Dallas this weekend. Next weekend is Fanime and I'm going to be in Arizona during that time.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
djkarthik said:
Silly Sasquatch.
Wtf? Haha, anyways though, i think the best thing to do would be just to make it 9v9 or something, I mean it isn't fair for Dangerous if Smack gets to draft someone later on and we don't, but then again it isn't fair to the person who has to get kicked off of our team, I think this should all be decided when we have confirmed everyone who is going though, not before.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah **** the team line up.. just pick when everyone is there at the biweekly. make it even more fun.. kinda like a dodgeball pick haha.. but yeah then everyone can stop *****ing on whos team is on who.. and itll be even'ed out.

The GERM

Smash Ace
sidefx said:
yeah **** the team line up.. just pick when everyone is there at the biweekly. make it even more fun.. kinda like a dodgeball pick haha.. but yeah then everyone can stop *****ing on whos team is on who.. and itll be even'ed out.
duuuuuuuude, that's a fu**ing hella good Idea. Elementary school style.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
The GERM said:
I'm fine with it. That would actally be fun, plus it'll give a new cast of people to get onto the teams and more chaos, haha it's genius. I want to see how we get everyone lined up. Let's do it though. I say we should pick 13 people. (10v10 with 3 alternates for each team; that sounds good to me) That way all this BS can end like Boback said.

Zoap, I say we flip a coin for the first pick. I'll call it in the air, deal?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
djkarthik said:
I'm fine with it. That would actally be fun, plus it'll give a new cast of people to get onto the teams and more chaos, haha it's genius. I want to see how we get everyone lined up. Let's do it though. I say we should pick 13 people. (10v10 with 3 alternates for each team; that sounds good to me) That way all this BS can end like Boback said.

Zoap, I say we flip a coin for the first pick. I'll call it in the air, deal?
Yeah, that'd be way better, so everyone stops *****ing...haha aight when are we going to pick the members? And is the crew battle still going to be going on during teams finals?

Zoap

Smash Master
i dont think i like redoin the teams, personally there fine wit me and, germ and bob just are on seperate teams, next biweekly we can do that though.

sidefx

Smash Champion
The GERM said:

yeah i was always last to be picked.. soo.. i was the man at tetherball. cause you know.. there are no line up picks for that.. hahahaha.. yeah i was so cool back then.. **** elementary school.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Ok, nevermind. Forget what Boback said. Zoap and I have decided to stick with it.

He'll be deciding between Bob$ and Germ, and I get the person he doesn't pick.

Everything else is the same. Sorry to those who didn't get picked for the crew battle.

Team Dangerous, FTW.

Top Bottom