• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
I remember that tournament it was amazing. The projector finals, Isai vs SS and everything. Mikkuz isn't the same person as ItsSmashTastic. Although both of their names are Justin lol. Mikkuz is Justin from San Francsico, hes in aznspikes crew. LunIn remember when we went to play at Mikkuz's house? ItsSmashTastic was the Falco player that beat you in that tourney Rey. He won the first and second TG I think.

Lol @ Nekurbis

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I remember that tournament it was amazing. The projector finals, Isai vs SS and everything. Mikkuz isn't the same person as ItsSmashTastic. Although both of their names are Justin lol. Mikkuz is Justin from San Francsico, hes in aznspikes crew. LunIn remember when we went to play at Mikkuz's house? ItsSmashTastic was the Falco player that beat you in that tourney Rey. He won the first and second TG I think.

Lol @ Nekurbis
Yeah, the results were:

1st - Isai
2nd - SilentSpectre
3rd - ItsSmashTastic
4th - LunInSpectra
5th - SJSU Bernard/???
7th - Hyuga/Volroth
9th - Karthik/???/????/????
33rd - KizzoGirl

I remember showing up late... and losing to Hyuga first round (2-1). Corneria ftw! And then in Losers, I beat: KizzoGirl, Roger?, Krypthanh and Mike666. And then I lost to SJSU Bernard who ended up beating Hyuga right after he beat me.

Isn't that dangerous? That's all I remember.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
dude omg, does anyone remember the date of this classic tourny? I say on our 1 year anniversary we set up the projector for the matches that play for 3rd, 2nd and 1 place! We can even set it up like last time where everyone gathered around like they were in a movie theatre. I think that'd be a great way to try and relive that classic moment.

btw, no matter which justin it is, one thing i do know is that he goes to sjsu

SuperRad

Smash Master
Not to interupt this trip down memory lane

but who would be interested in coming to a smashfest/small tourney in Santa Cruz? I might try to get something running. Probably like 16-24 people tops. It probably would be in november or maybe the first weekend in december.

just lemme know if you would want to come down (or up in the case of some the deep deep norcal) to play. we'd probably need TVs and cubes, but thats standard for any of these things.

oh, and any word on when the next biweekly might be? I know its kind of early to be asking <_<

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Not to interupt this trip down memory lane

but who would be interested in coming to a smashfest/small tourney in Santa Cruz? I might try to get something running. Probably like 16-24 people tops. It probably would be in november or maybe the first weekend in december.

just lemme know if you would want to come down (or up in the case of some the deep deep norcal) to play. we'd probably need TVs and cubes, but thats standard for any of these things.

oh, and any word on when the next biweekly might be? I know its kind of early to be asking <_<
Yes...lol im so up for that

I could bring two tvs....lol i happen to have two in my room

Krypthanh

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if we could actually relive that though mike, it just wouldn't be the same. At that time me and you were still new to smash so the feelings would definitely be different one year later...but the excitement from watching top 4 play on projector will be crazy.

oh yea..that's right...karthik eliminated me **** chain grabber tech chaser n00b killer.

i remember that match cuz rey was screaming in my ear and you both were yelling about some captain jack guy and you being his cousin hahahaha...losers!

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
oh yea..that's right...karthik eliminated me **** chain grabber tech chaser n00b killer.

i remember that match cuz rey was screaming in my ear and you both were yelling about some captain jack guy and you being his cousin hahahaha...losers!
LMAO... Captain Jack is Captain Karthik's cousin, yes.

Zoap

Smash Master
LOL kurtis i love how myko just stands there and lets jeff combo u to death sometimes!

EDIT: I was in Denver when the first one of these happened so sad cuz i wanted to go :(

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, Dec 2 was that tourny. Dude omg, i got 17 place! For a guy that was playin for 2 months id say thats pretty good :) I checked the calendar, and what are the odds that December 2nd is on a Saturday? We should definitely have an ncb on that day. ill make sure to get the projector.

yea ur right thanh, i wont be like "woah how did that guy slide accross the ground" but it'll be fun to watch smash on a projector.

Krypthanh

Smash Apprentice
haha brian is an as$ i'll testify to that kizzo is too funny arguing with him and then being a man and stopping it..

wow i got 13th, not bad for a first tourny...compared to kizzo's 33rd...

mike: haha that was the first day i actually waveshined...it was so excited...too bad it looked ******** next to lunin's infinites...

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I believe the Dec 2nd tourny was my 8th month of competitive play. And my 4th match with SS. At the time, the score was 1-2. After he beat me, it was 2-2. Now its like....10-7. DUDE FREAKING 10-7!? I gotta catch up!

Hahahah I feel like making an autobiography..

Lets see how it all started...

I was messing around in Symphonic Band in early February when one of my old friends mentions to me a Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament. I played Smash for fun with my little brother & sister, doing games like "hit the bobomb with Ness' baseball bat". My main at the time was Samus, and my specialty was character trajectory I believe, (I would know where someone is going to fall, how fast, how far, etc). I had met no smasher at the time that was competitive. So automatically, like the stereotypical noob, I had confidence I was the best smasher around.

I left the tournament idea in the back of my head, mostly focusing on school, until one day I was messaging my friend, azn_danny, and noticed his buddy icon was Shiek. I talked to him about it, and he said he played competitive smash! He gave me information online such as, wavedashing, L-Cancelling, fast falling. It was all crazy to me, such weird tactics that didn't seem useful at all.

He sent me some Captain Jack videos, and I was addicted. I made my brother play Falco as I attempted the uair combo on him with DK. I failed, and failed, and failed, and failed. I couldn't short hop because my hands were too slow & weak. Still no competitive experience until finally, I go to Danny's house.

So here I am, with this orange MadCatz mini controller, about to be owned with experience I've never seen before. I pick samus, Danny picks falcon. I get knee'd 10,000 times but still manage to get him down to his last stock (it could have been his second to last stock). I was amazed at everything he did, and I called his knee, the Knee-Of-Death.

I played more smash with Danny before MLG SF, lost to his crew mates, lost to his brother, lost to everyone. On MLG day, I woke up at 6am, excited, waiting for Ron's car (Danny's crewmate), and anxious that I was going to be with some of the best players in the country. Danny & Ron made me hold some guy named EEE SIGH'S videos.

We finally get there after that HORRIBLY LONG DRIVE (15 minutes was it?), and I pay my overpriced entry fee of $25. I run around, look for somewhere to play, and see this asian dude. I pick samus and get owned, I pick DK and get owned. He was really technical and had all his stuff in tact (it was Mitchell Tang). He didn't want to play me anymore because I was horrible, so I went to play some more with random people.

The tourny continues on, I lose to Kei first in pools, and proceed to get owned by the rest of the competitors of my pool. I pretty much got last place. ...and Ken steals my chair.

Pools are over, and everybody is now following pros. Some followed Germ, some followed DSF, and Isai, Ken, Kei, Zelgadis. I followed Isai. I was SO FREAKING AMAZED at how everything he did was perfect, no useless moves.

Somehow, Isai loses to Zelgadis. I wasn't watching that match, I was on the other side, watching DSF & Eddie play their fox ditto (at the end it came down to both of them about to die, with Eddie dying first by about 1 second). Everyone that I was watching at the time stunned me at how good they were. I wondered how good Ken was.

I see DSF getting into a close match with some guy, I see Germ in a close match with some other guy. Every match is pretty much close. Very intense. I watched Ken play and was bewildered at how he could own everyone so badly and Laugh/Taunt/Boast at his opponent.

He did a combo that amazed himself and said during the combo, "Ohhhhh Combo".

Ken ***** DSF and I went home to play smash right away with my little brother & sister.

I decide to pick up Fox, and I go to this tournament in SF called B4N, Battle 4 Norcal. I went Samus in the tourny, and was the Super Wavedasher (imitating Wes). I was beating everybody, mostly asians. The first match I play was against Germ in a fox ditto. Of course, I get *****.

Singles starts, and I beat random people with my wacky samus (I thought I was so good at the time because I 4-stocked some falco player). I meet SilentSpectre, (hey our names are similar), and play him a little bit. He NEVER chose the stage, I always felt selfish choosing all the stages. I play him 9 times or so, lose 7/9. I only beat him twice because I picked fox those two times (that made me pick up fox for sure).

Then, I get to play Germ in singles. I got 3 stocked by his link with my fox, and 3 stocked with his link by my samus. Right after that, I play Bawb$. Its the 3rd match at Yoshi's story, we're both at high %, I have a charged beam, and I KNOW he is going to cape.

I run up to him, wait for the cape, (he capes), shoot the charged beam, and watch as it still gets reflected even after the cape animation. I got 9th place, and Bob goes off smiling with his pencil glasses (literally modded with a pencil, as in, his frame was part pencil).

I believe I was drillshining by July (I watched Tang & Zelgadis try to do it at Zel's house. I knew I could do it, I just don't know why they didn't ask). And I believe I was infiniting almost like I am now by September (a little bit before the garage tourny in Fremont).

--hehe, I only did this because I have to go somewhere and had nothing to do at the time. So until next time, Team Rocket is Blasting off AGAAAAAAAAIN--

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
haha brian is an as$ i'll testify to that kizzo is too funny arguing with him and then being a man and stopping it..
Online arguments are ********. We all know that.

Thanh, I just read the thread. It says "long lost brother" of Captain Jack, not "cousin"! XD

[ STUPID EDIT ; with convo a few minutes ago ]

Lun In Spectra (2:25:29 PM): CAPTAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN KARTHIKKKKKKKK
djkarthik (2:25:33 PM): Good memories
djkarthik (2:25:53 PM): Captain Jack's long lost brother Captain Karthik
djkarthik (2:26:08 PM): And Azn_Danny wanting to sit on my lap
Lun In Spectra (2:26:13 PM): LOL!
Lun In Spectra (2:26:17 PM): HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH DANNY
Lun In Spectra (2:26:45 PM): I'd be interested in doing that
djkarthik (2:26:51 PM): O_o;
Lun In Spectra (2:26:50 PM): an anniversarry thing
Lun In Spectra (2:26:57 PM): I don't mind playing on the projector for that
djkarthik (2:27:00 PM): I thought interested in sitting on my lap, wtf
Lun In Spectra (2:27:49 PM): LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Lun In Spectra (2:27:51 PM): DUDE
Lun In Spectra (2:27:54 PM): HAhahAhaHahHAhAhAHAHaHAHAHAH

LpoPLplPLPOpl

.... LMAO .... Silly Danny. I thought it was Volroth for the whole day too. XD

Zoap

Smash Master
i actually read reys whole post expecting there to be something good in there so lame... :(

EDIT: i remember though when rey said he was the swd samus, like it would impress ppl lol:chuckle:

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
i actually read reys whole post expecting there to be something good in there so lame... :(

EDIT: i remember though when rey said he was the swd samus, like it would impress ppl lol:chuckle:
LOL Dude its not done yet!!! It impressed enough people, at least Zelgadis noticed me and invited me to his house in July to play with Mitcho, Trevyn, King, Bob, & Sheridan.

Zoap

Smash Master
w/e rey no johns that post was mega boring lol

EDIT: IM HELLA BORED someone should come play smash lol

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Haha Rey's story was hella good, typical noob to pro story and sh*t :p .

Oh yeah, is there a biweekly this weekend? And if so is it actually confirmed?

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
I dont know if there is gonna be an NCB. Dont they want to desynch it from Modesto tourneys?
Desynching won't happen until after NCT2 Red from what Kizzo said.

If there isn't a biweekly this weekend, then the next tournament is ... The Big One.

Can you hear the rumbling? Can you feel the rumbling? ... it's coming. :psycho:

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
This is what I got out of Lunins really really long post.

"I can infinite, but can anyone tell me why I still lose to Jeff?!"

Haha...but seriously...

I can't wait til I come back and start winning these again with fellow crew member The King:)

PS: Justin better go to one that I'm at.

Top Bottom