• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Ian

Smash Ace
Brian

you were asking hella people for advice on saturday

so here is my awsome advice!!!!

you didn't use Mute City to it's full potential it seemed to me you knew it was good for puff but didn't know how to use it. DI MUCH MORE. learn some more combos. rest a lot mroe, you had so many opourtunities infact I gave you some and you didn't take advantage of them. there are some others but I'm really tired so I'lltell you later

SuperRad

Smash Master
Brian

you didn't use Mute City to it's full potential it seemed to me you knew it was good for puff but didn't know how to use it. DI MUCH MORE. learn some more combos. rest a lot mroe, you had so many opourtunities infact I gave you some and you didn't take advantage of them. there are some others but I'm really tired so I'lltell you later
thanks man

this is all new to me, Mute City was one of the stages I always liked playing because its more dynamic, even when i was playing ganon six months ago i used to pick it against my friends. however i am still learning how to play on it, and i continue to play on it because i feel if i get better at it, it will become a good tool to have.

However, I play such a crazy ****ing style [in a bad way, as in no logic just crazy] thats really just plain innefective right now. I'm still learning, and my only practice is the occasional level 1 cpus and Biweeklies. All help is appreciated.

and if you ever want to help me out more [i appreciate it a lot], feel free next time we meet (14th biweekly if it happens?) just lemme know. I'll play more matches with you and just lemme know.

that was the most incoherent babble ive written in a long time, but i think you get the point.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
Brian

Mute city + rollout = gayness

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
I still need to learn how to fight Fox and Sheik on FD with Booster.

Brain, you do predictable moves at times. Jiggs shouldn't be hit by four Booster F smashes. From what I remember, you did too many pounds. Don't listen to Ian. :chuckle:

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Yeah, Brian. Just keep going to tournaments. You'll do awesome soon.

Hey Bootle, I got an idea for NCT2. Talk to me about it at the fundraiser. It's crazy.

SuperRad

Smash Master
even i thought that match was funny.
i would pound into fsmash range and you would punish me for it
=(

until next tournament im reflecting on all of this. my goal is to actually do decent in NCT2 pools, and by decent I mean not be the guy that everyone beats <_<

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
btw, BTLR u r the worst player i have every seen. u should stop playing this game cuz u just suck way too much :laugh:
ZOMG there were so many shoutouts to me that I didn't even notice haha my bad guys...well...I guess I could do mine. And whattf are you talking about????:confused: I don't know how many of those crazy *** combos I pulled off on you with Marth lolz.

BootleOfWater: Good match, you were alot better than I had expected, I like that Marth, or at least more than Bowser...haha keep it up good sh*t

Yen: Uh...yeah I got owned by the cars XD, but too good match, yeah I don't like using Sheik against Peach iono why:p You're getting really good though, there's always a reason to be kinda nervous when playing you XD.

Hyuga: Whoa....way too close of a match as usual, that was like the first time I ever beat you in a tourny for some reason...congrats on 4th, I guess that was ur strategy, just sandbag against me for a higher finish haha, thanks alot for letting me stay and smash at ur house too. Also thanks for the rides and everything, hope I'm not seeming to take advantage/use you or anything haha, well yeah uh...thanks haha.

SS: Hmm...I didn't do so great against you...I'd hoped to do better but good match, hella crazy dthrow to run off ledge knee heh killed me at like 50%:urg: . Always fun playing you though.

Lunin: Uh...did not want to play you right after Jeff, but w/e it's ok, I didn't do too bad I guess, kinda blanked on some very important techs I shoulda been doing but no johns:p good match. Hopefully we can do some team matches soon too since both of our partners got stolen:dizzy: .

Karthik: Yeah...you kinda threw us off schedule...hahaha, but it's all good, glad I could help you and SNKE out. We ended up taking a break later anyways XD.

Mike666: ****...my Marth...too good huh? Haha good times as always man, and gj in teams, we shoulda had that last match, but it's ok, still a top 5 finish and nothing wrong with that, I think we just didn't have a set team, so it kinda messed us up, my bad I have too many teams chars XD. Keep it up though, and once the rankings are back (hopefully) then you'll make it on there, I see some potential...I guess...

Myko: Whoa, didn't expect to see you at another biweekly :p, but still glad you could go...I had to stop playing MS though, it was hurting my smash skill so much...it's so addicting:urg: haha...yeah I'm probly going to go play after this post XD.

Rage: Really impressive tech skill, yours is like better than mine with Fox...so crazy...haha but good job on 9th that's a pretty good finish, some impressive and close matches too gj.

Mari: Whoa, u were pretty good, but, you're Rey's sister so...uh...yeah haha, fun teams matches at the end of the tournament, and sorry for having you play Frotaz first round wasn't intentional XD...still impressive though, girl smashers are too intimidating :p

Vanessa: Whoa....don't even know if ur on smashboards...haha but ur hella good at Blockus XD, and gj with Jeff in teams though, I kinda needed a partner...but w/e good sheik too hella fun teams matches, I guess me and Frotaz don't really let girls win:cool: :chuckle:

Frotaz: Always hella good times, especially on the car ride back and at BK after haha, some weird *** sh*t at BK...haha, but hella fun, gj on 7th and almost beating Rey too, gotta do something about Ganon though if you don't wanna be known as "that tall guy who uses Ganondorf" lol.

Everyone else thanks for coming, glad everything went quickly/smoothly, and if I forgot someone sorry, just talk to me if ya wanna be in shoutouts or something;) :chuckle:, ok I should be at the next one, hope to see everyone there and more 30 somethin people is no where near enough...

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Bad News

There may be a large infrequency in the biweeklies now.

My manager made me one of the "Saturday Guys", and I'll be working Saturdays starting this Saturday.

My manager is a cool guy and he loves Star Wars and is "that" kind of guy, so when I told him that there will be a problem with me working Saturdays because I host VIDEO GAME tournaments, he helped reason with me.

On the weekends that I work AND have a scheduled biweekly, I can try and get someone to cover my shift. Otherwise, I'll have to work. This is all in the hands of my coworkers who want to work on the weekend.

---------

I'll keep you posted if anything happens. Ironically, I'm at work making this post.

--------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, when were these biweeklies started? Isn't it about time for an anniversery where where everyone except me plays in singles.... with a handicap? Or am I speaking to fast?

SuperRad

Smash Master
There may be a large infrequency in the biweeklies now.

My manager made me one of the "Saturday Guys", and I'll be working Saturdays starting this Saturday.

My manager is a cool guy and he loves Star Wars and is "that" kind of guy, so when I told him that there will be a problem with me working Saturdays because I host VIDEO GAME tournaments, he helped reason with me.

On the weekends that I work AND have a scheduled biweekly, I can try and get someone to cover my shift. Otherwise, I'll have to work. This is all in the hands of my coworkers who want to work on the weekend.

---------

I'll keep you posted if anything happens. Ironically, I'm at work making this post.

--------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, when were these biweeklies started? Isn't it about time for an anniversery where where everyone except me plays in singles.... with a handicap? Or am I speaking to fast?
...NOOOOO

:-(

well, theres always the chance that we kidnap mike and make him do it i guess :laugh:

but its good that you are working, and we all are hoping that you will be able to host them for us.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Kizzo,

NCB Anniversary... as in, when the first SJSU tournament was...?

Or, when we first changed it to "NCBs" and convinced you to make them biweeklies?

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Kizzo,

NCB Anniversary... as in, when the first SJSU tournament was...?

Or, when we first changed it to "NCBs" and convinced you to make them biweeklies?
I believe the "legend" goes something like this:

see back then, the club only held LAN tournies. so one day me and david decided to hold a smash tourny on the same day and at the same time as the LAN tourny. this was technically SJSU's first smash tourny and only club members participated.

then david thought it would be a good idea to expand the tourny to a larger community, such as smashboards. so then we had the second tourny, which if im not mistaken, isai beet SS for 1st place on a huge sexy projector where falcon was as big as a real human.

then when we saw how succesful that 2nd tourny was, we decided to have them every other week, and i believe it was from there we called them NCBs.

I may be wrong about when we started to call it NCBs, but I do know for sure that there was one tournament me and david ran before we started letting people outside the club know about it. but yea, happy anniversary ! :)

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
You skipped some parts of the Kizzo legend.

Before 'NCB' became 'NCB', as a biweekly, it was "monthlies" aka... KMT (Kizzo's Monthly Tournaments), and before that, it was just a tournament on Kizzo's birthday, remember? "KBT", aka "Kizzo's Birthday Tournament. ;)

Long Live Kizzo.

Happy Anniversary guys.

[edit]

That first open-tournament was on December 4th, I believe. Dangerous. That projector finals. Didn't we play at that tournament Mike? Major props to Mike and Kizzo for starting this epic stuff of legends. Just look at us now.

Krypthanh

Smash Apprentice
the first tiny one, i believe david took first, mike took second and included a lan party

second one, included a lan party also, and yes, had the project, that was cool because we held the semi finals and the finals on that screen. EVERYONE WATCHED even LANners. Isai did take first and Jeff second.

i believe it went
Isai SS
sheik falcon (isai won)
sheik falcon (isai won)
samus falcon (SS won)
kirby falcon (SS won)
falcon falcon (isai won)

that was a magical moment for me.

I'm glad there was a smashboards because Computer Science Tournament turned into NCBs (with variations of bdays, monthlies in between).

GOOD STUFF!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
You a Mapler too Shadow? Whats your IGN (in game name)? lvl? job? Yessssss.
Haha yeah...well I don't play very much though....I started to for like 2 days, then started to suck at smash XP so I stopped playin so much. My IGN is ButterzXIV:laugh: I'm lvl 19 (I think) and I'm a swordman XD, yeah as you can tell I don't play very often :p , I might start though....

mike666

Smash Apprentice
it was the justin that got first place at the first tg ever, so if that's mikkuz then yes, it was mikkuz who beat you lunin. im not sure what his smash name is, but i do remember his name is justin. id have to say that was prolly my favorite tourny just because it was so classic

Krypthanh

Smash Apprentice
it was far back Art, only 2nd tourny held at sjsu.

man that i think was the best tournament i think...even though i fought lunin first match....and ended up just watching his hands!!!

i've said it once and i'll say it again....watching lunin play was like watching an AR combo video in the making hahaha

and looking back...everyone has improved sooo much, mike's right, that tourny was a classic.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Justin = ItsSmashTastic, although that was a long time ago and I don't think I've ever met Mikkuz.

The heck does Mikkuz mean, anyway?

Top Bottom