• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
since KFC's not coming I got no one aswell...want a sheik peach or mario partner ^^?
Okay, although I always friendly with whomever I team with, so I'd like to have a variety of people to choose from not only for that reason, but I team well with other characters. As of now sure, but be sure to remind me at the biweekly, that goes for anyone else if they is interested. Sorry if that's interpreted as rude or picky or anything...I'm juss a lil picky XD haha

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Alright well i need to ask anybody who has a car or knows somebody that has one that is willing enough to take us to the nearest bart station after the biweekly.Please i need to know.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone provide a ride for r4wrrawr? He lives in pacifica but will be at my place. Would be greatly appreciated. thanks ahead of time.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
i think me and a couple other people are coming to this one, (this is gonna be my 2nd one >.<). yea, we're sorta new to biweeklys so come play us, we need the exp. anyways, zel is moving? i need to play him! and well....everyone else pretty much, minus myko. O.O
(oh, and this is victor for you people i played)
lol way too many people to play and actually be able to get to ALL of them before the tourney ends..

even if there was 10 hours to attempt and play them all..it's hard? cuz even i didn't get to play everyone in one day when i tried. - _-.

anyway, yeah! i guess NCT2? [whatever that is] that i'll come to ^^

AHHH CHOOO! Isai, Spectre, TANG [no specific order] GOOO WIN! =)

i mean, GO VANESSA! LOLOL

btw:

B> VANESSA @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

B> ISAI/KEN @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

B> RAMEN NOODLES @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

B> YOUR MOM @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

=)

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hey guys, i think im going to make doubles this one on the 12th if it happens for sure. im gonna need a partner...anyone? i may not be the best but my 2v2 falcon actually isnt horrible!

if you want to, post here, or more reliably give me an instant message over AIM...whitewashedninja. thanks!

MyKo

Smash Lord
wait, oh shoot..i just realized that since i'm not going to this last NCB event..aw, i won't be seeing some people for a while unless the NCB's are still continued.

anyway, nice playing whoever i played =)

yeah yeah..falco dittos another day..for now, ME VS LVL 8 COMP MARTH that's chaingrabbed me..3 times in a row! maybe it can get better. LOL not kidding, real chain grabs.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for keeping all you guys waiting, but i've been pretty busy so i havent had time to post. In regards to this saturday, it will be happening, so for those of you that were worried - don't be! Teams will be $5 per person and Singles will be 8$ per person. We will start crews at 10:30 AM and hopefully teams at 1 PM. Anyone that comes in after 10:30 AM can watch crews or just play friendlies on other tvs since crews will just use TV 1, but make sure the volume is down because crews have priority on sound. I noticed some people are doing a "last" time thing, and unfortunately Im gonna be added to that list. Meaning, that this will be my last biweekly, since in 2 weeks school will have already started and I know I wont have any time. About NCB, I think it will be revived sometime down the road, but I cannot say when. It seems like David plans to work at Great America during school, so he wont have Saturdays off. The only other people who could technically host it are the officers of the club, but I dont think any of them are interested. So with that said, I really cant give a date for any upcoming NCBs but I think they'll start up again eventually. I look forward to seeing you all on saturday, and make sure yall bring your A game and leave your johns at home! :)

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Hey guys.

I'm trying to quit my Great America job in favor of a bookstore job (that's right Mike, haha). The bookstore job doesn't require me to work on the weekends, so it's possible that the biweeklies can still happen during my schoolyear. Hai!

However, I'm hired as a temporary at the bookstore right now. If I get a perminent position, then yes the biweeklies can still happen. But if I don't get the job, then I'm gonna still work at PGA, which means no more biweeklies. We'll see what happens. Have a nice day.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
If Kizzo gets the permanent bookstore job, I'll be back in time to run the biweeklies, haha.

Lol, Just like the good times. But, I got a NCTII annoucement. We need money.

So if anyone would be great enough to donate some dough, that'd be great. You can give your money to any NCTII staff member. I'm not sure if Snike is going to this biweekly, but Danny (ShadowBTZO) will probably be there. If you could give him your donation, that'd be awesome. And thanks for the support.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
If Kizzo gets the permanent bookstore job, I'll be back in time to run the biweeklies, haha.

Lol, Just like the good times. But, I got a NCTII annoucement. We need money.

So if anyone would be great enough to donate some dough, that'd be great. You can give your money to any NCTII staff member. I'm not sure if Snike is going to this biweekly, but Danny (ShadowBTZO) will probably be there. If you could give him your donation, that'd be awesome. And thanks for the support.
Yeah, I'll be there, so anyone just talk to me if you can give a donation. Mike could donate a dollar out of every entry fee and only take 2 dollars to save the dollar out of each for NCT II but if not it's cool. **** this is gonna be the last biweekly possibly though...didn't even realize dat. Oh well, hopefully if they come back then hopefully they'll be back soon.

meep FTA

Smash Journeyman
hey is anyone here goin to OC2 that has room in there car? I know this is a little last minute, but our original ride flaked on us at the last minute. So if anyone is willing to carry a few extra smashers, let me know. We have to go!!! We're desperate!!

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
Guys im goin to sjsu this fall and if my job doesn't require me to work weekends then i'll definately try my best to host...with the cs clubs permission of course! btw kizzo i want in hahahahha!

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Alright, last biweekly hm? Maybe we really SHOULD smash 'till dawn at Daly City. Anybody up for smash until 10am at a house a little south of SF? Right after the tourny we will head up there.

Sheridan are you going to this? I just remembered that you MIGHT have my control. I haven't practiced normally for approx 2 weeks and I really need my GC Control.

Alright, I'll play everybody I can.

Alright we're doing crews at 10:30, as in we DRAFT at 10:30. I hope there are enough people there. But...hey...anybody consider regular crews?

Can everybody who wants to play crews make it before 10:30?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Coolness go confirmed biweekly. So I go 1 MM for sure with boback, and I know Lunin wants a piece of me so MM there as well. Anyone else wanna shot at me? Just let me know.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Guys im goin to sjsu this fall and if my job doesn't require me to work weekends then i'll definately try my best to host...with the cs clubs permission of course! btw kizzo i want in hahahahha!
Yen as host FTW!!! Yeah we don't want these to die now.... I need something to do before school starts (in mid-Spetember w00t!) Also something fun for college. *Hopes Sheridan is willing to drive me down to NCBs*

Art?

Smash Journeyman
Alright, last biweekly hm? Maybe we really SHOULD smash 'till dawn at Daly City. Anybody up for smash until 10am at a house a little south of SF? Right after the tourny we will head up there.
is it gonna be at danny's house again? 'cause when we were there for his birthday shindig it was supposed to be an STD but we got kicked out around 11pm. i wanna go again, but i don't wanna have to leave pretty early.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Alright we're doing crews at 10:30, as in we DRAFT at 10:30. I hope there are enough people there. But...hey...anybody consider regular crews?
What does everyone think about what time we should start this? I feel I can get crews started at 11 and be done by 1 but if everyone is comfortable with 10:30 then I'll start then, I just want it to be competitive considering this might be the last biweekly for a while. As for individual crews I suppose we could do that, I'll leave it up to everyone on here to decide.

Art: No there's another smashfest in Daly City (unless Rey was talking about something else). Check this forum (not thread:p ) for it.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Actually BTZO, he changed it to Smash Till Dawn. WOOOOOO it'll be great! (No its not at Danny's, but its close)
Oh...okay, I'll see if I can go to it. Also I'd appreciate it if people can give me their opinions on whether or not we should do individual crews (4-5 people) or just 2 8/10 man crews.

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
=_= hey guys...is crews gonna hella lag? i heard teams ended like at 5 last time....so like...er...can we not lag? haha >_>

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
=_= hey guys...is crews gonna hella lag? i heard teams ended like at 5 last time....so like...er...can we not lag? haha >_>
Lol, ended at 5? Come on Danny, pick it up. Haha, jk. You should do individual crews.

Draft crews were fun, but if organized right, individual crews can be more fun.

MyKo

Smash Lord
lol Rey, your controller is....elsewhere

Mari's controller is.....right over here...

ALARIC.....WINS.....because he's the only one that has his OWN controller..

LOLLL the youngest got his..GG!

..agh..oh..yeah..i wonder what's going to happen after 0c2? as in....the next NCB after that..? [that is..IF there is one]if so, POST in huge caps everywhere! wooo

darn, by now, i think Sheridan ate all my noodles...- ____-"!!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Lol, ended at 5? Come on Danny, pick it up. Haha, jk. You should do individual crews.

Draft crews were fun, but if organized right, individual crews can be more fun.
Teams ended around 4:30 actually, and that was because I waited until about 12:30-1 to start crews. Which ended around 1:30-1:45, which I then started signups (finished up sign-ups) and had the brackets ready by 2:30, meaning teams was only 2 hours, it was just the fact that I delayed crews by 2 hours.

Also I've seen a few people request individual crews, but I feel that not only will it be more competitive with 2 teams, but it is also much faster to wrap up, considering I would have to do brackets for crews (which I don't mind but I don't want people dropping out again). I'd say it depends, as of now it's going to be draft crews, but if alot of people will it to be individual crews, then I can change it. The crews may be one-sided though, seeing as last time there weren't too many competitive crews (another reason I think it should be draft crews).

Oh and if we do draft crews again, we need to decide on who the captains are going to be, from past experience I feel it would be good to have captains with relatively close skill, and knowledge of the smashers around NorCal.

Whoa...long post:p

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Simna is going to the modesto tourney, so I was wondering if anyone wants to team with me. I am good in teams, and I always at least break average.

Zoap

Smash Master
its zels last tourney i say individual crews just for this reason, dbr will never be whole again without him(even if they have the awesomness of the others)

Top Bottom