• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Darn, I wanted you to school me in melee again. I've been practicing so I can put up a decent fight next time. I'll probably have a second one on saturday or sunday.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
other women loving asian women is true. i've heard of many instances.

i'll go to sunnyvale and school you in melee. if i can get a ride there, or if i take caltrain or something.

hydrokirby can't FULL HOP neutral-air like me.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
other women loving asian women is true. i've heard of many instances.

i'll go to sunnyvale and school you in melee. if i can get a ride there, or if i take caltrain or something.

hydrokirby can't FULL HOP neutral-air like me.
If you go to caltrain, I can pick you up from the station. It's a bit long for a walk. What town are you in anyway?

pockyD

Smash Legend
****, it really is hard to believe other people are different from you!
this isn't just a "he likes to eat deer meat, i don't" type confusion; thanksgiving is a national holiday where people are given TWO days off (the only holiday in the year like this) so they can travel to be with their families. it's far more of an aberration when people DON'T do it than when they DO

Thanksgiving is Thursday, not Wednesday. Also, my family is on the east coast.
mine as well

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it's not really surprising at all considering ages 17-21, give or take a few years, is the time in someone's life where they're least likely to WANT to be with their families. hopefully the reason why are obvious.

pockyD

Smash Legend
sure it's surprising

in my college years, i went home every year except one (i was going to drive home and my car broke down the day before). that weekend, there were only 3 people left (including me) in the entire dorm. all my friends went home every year too.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
so basically your post was:

"sure it's surprising

[personal anecdote]"

honestly, thanksgiving is ONE day. good for you if you love your family and love spending time with them, but most people in that age bracket are going to want to do other **** on the other days. like the dude said, thanksgiving is thursday, not wednesday. i'm pretty sure you're never going to see people congregate to do whatever on thursday, but wednesday, friday (if not so much because of black friday), saturday and sunday are all fair game.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so basically your post was:

"sure it's surprising

[personal anecdote]"
Why yes, my post was "Yes I'm surprised. I'm surprised because my experience says otherwise." How was that irrational?

honestly, thanksgiving is ONE day. good for you if you love your family and love spending time with them, but most people in that age bracket are going to want to do other **** on the other days. like the dude said, thanksgiving is thursday, not wednesday. i'm pretty sure you're never going to see people congregate to do whatever on thursday, but wednesday, friday (if not so much because of black friday), saturday and sunday are all fair game.
...and like he said, his family is on the EC. I was already aware he doesn't live with his parents, so it's fairly intuitive that if you are traveling cross-country just for the sake of thanksgiving (which I am), you are going to be there for more than one day

pockyD

Smash Legend
...unless for some stupid reason, the nfl network gets the game...

...and you end up watching it in danish...

...even though it turns out it was largely available for free on nfl.com...

...but at least they whupped up on the packers...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
nah i typed out a response to pocky but the whole thing was stupid so i stopped myself from continuing the stupidity

pockyD

Smash Legend
well in short, "surprising" means it surprises me.

whether it's "weird" or out of place for most people is irrelevant; all that matters when determining whether something is "surprising" is whether I am surprised by it

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I like going home, but I don't fly to the east coast unless I'm gonna be there for at least a week. Otherwise there's too much time spent traveling and in traffic. So I'd have to use vacation days that I don't have, because I'm using everything I have left for the end of December. (I only get 12 days off per year)

Anyway, I picked Wednesday because I figured many people live in the area, so they don't have to deal with travel. And since I don't have enough vacation days to travel myself, I'd like to do something during my break.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
stuffing is meh. it's only good the first time around, and only medium portions. no leftovers for me when it comes to stuffing.

it's all about:

1. yams
2. ham (ham >>> turkey)
3. potato salad
4. turkey

gimme those four things and we're straight. some sparkling cider or something to top it off would be grand.

Miharu

Smash Hero
stuffing is meh. it's only good the first time around, and only medium portions. no leftovers for me when it comes to stuffing.

it's all about:

1. yams
2. ham (ham >>> turkey)
3. potato salad
4. turkey

gimme those four things and we're straight. some sparkling cider or something to top it off would be grand.
mm

making me really hungry right now

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm not a fan of turkey at all. it's just really dry and big chicken
dog you're cooking it wrong

flip it upside down

let da juices run over da breasts, sexual innuendo and all

Ham is amazing. But I never have it on thanksgiving really.
Stuffing is awesome left over.
Cranberry sauce is good.
Yams I don't care for. Or Potato Salad.
yams i think are appreciated more by black people. we like sweet things.

never met someone who didn't like potato salad.

cranberry sauce bleh.

i'm a picky *** eater though

Top Bottom