• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If you're bored read a godda
mn book, or wikipedia if we can't be bothered to leave our chair.

Boback those are some awesome sigs btw.

sidefx

Smash Champion
wikipedia is full of crap

house, here is your sig

starting on yours now whiteboyninja i think i have something cool in mind for yours

anyone else want one while im in the mood?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
daaaaaaaaaaaaang many thanks Boback!!
If there's ever a time we are both at some kind of event, im gonna buy you a drink or something lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
speaking of reading a book
i spent a lot of this weekend reading Haruki Murakami's Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. I enjoyed it a lot, and highly recommend it to everyone.
I read Murakami's short story collection The Elephant Vanishes a couple years ago. I really liked it, it was quite different from most of the stuff I usually read. My favorite book and recommendation to all is Dostoyevsky's Notes From Underground. If you want something more modern, try Diary by Chuck Palahniuk.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I read Murakami's short story collection The Elephant Vanishes a couple years ago. I really liked it, it was quite different from most of the stuff I usually read. My favorite book and recommendation to all is Dostoyevsky's Notes From Underground. If you want something more modern, try Diary by Chuck Palahniuk.
Funny you mention Diary, I just read it a couple months ago. Good book. I didn't like it as much as Fight Club, but it's definitely worth a read. I love how fast paced his writing can be. Really makes me wanna tear through a book.

I'll have to check out Notes from Underground. I don't read enough though. (I've got a bunch of books lined up that I haven't finished yet, including The Big Sleep, The Zombie Survival Guide and a reread of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. I also wanted to reread the Dark Materials books but They'll have to wait their turn.)

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
my favorite recent book goes to the dresden files. easy reading, but **** compelling. never thought i'd see a mix of almost tolkien wizardry mixed with modern investigation, told in a film noir style. the characters are absolutly fantastic. definitely worth reading if you want something fun fantasy

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Man, I think I've read the whole series twice. I also enjoyed The Salmon of Doubt. I had a chance to see Douglas Adams speak live at UCSB when I used to go there but they sold out right before I got there, and he died a few months later v_v

If you want fun (and kind of cheesy [then again what fantasy isn't =P], but still good) fantasy, try the Sword of Truth series from Terry Goodkind. If you want fantasy that you have to commit your life to in order to enjoy, but is almost worth it, try Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I get recommended the Wheel of Time series almost every other time I work*. It's crazy how many people loved those books. I'm personally too lazy to commit to those. Also, he died before he finished the series. Makes it kind of hard for me to get motivated to read them.

Terry Goodkind books seem pretty fat. I don't think I particularly want to read it [then again, I'm not a big fan of fantasy.]

If i were going to read some fantasy series, I'd probably go for discworld. Those books always seem so light and appealing.

*I work at Logos, shelving the pocket books. Easy job, and the people are hilarious.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Working at a bookstore sounds awesome ^_^ I worked in the library stacks when I was a student at UCSB. I would just grab a big truck of books and reshelve for an hour unsupervised, and just find random books to poke around in for 5 min or so. So fun.

Terry Goodkind books read pretty quickly for their size. I only read the first book of WoT, but I know others that have read it and said the structure and flow is basically the same. I liked it and everything but it wasn't AMAZING. What IS amazing, is the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov. Fack Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. Foundation is the greatest SF/Fantasy saga.

i would be more interested in reading the hitchhiker's guide if the movie wasnt such garbage
I don't even know what to say to that.

Top Bottom