• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Ok, haven't been on this thread in a long a** while. I'm not working Saturdays anymore so I'll be going to all the biweekly's from here on out. I'm not gonna bother reading all the millions of posts from everyone so I'm a little confused as to what's happening. If someone could be kind enough to please list the following.

-Where are these bi-weeky's?
-Are there more than one on same days?
-When are these bi-weekly's
-Who is hosting which ones?

SuperRad

Smash Master
Ok, haven't been on this thread in a long a** while. I'm not working Saturdays anymore so I'll be going to all the biweekly's from here on out. I'm not gonna bother reading all the millions of posts from everyone so I'm a little confused as to what's happening. If someone could be kind enough to please list the following.

1) The real NorCal Biweeklies are at SJSU like always. However, other biweeklies have popped up throughout norcal (Sacramento had their first, the TGEs in Modesto, and now someone at SFSU is trying to get them started there.)
2)yes. sadly, there are four different biweeklies so there has to be more then one on each saturday.
3)There will be a SJSU, SFSU and possibly a Modesto one this saturday.
4)SJSU: Kizzo/Mike666. SFSU:Syra746. Modesto: The Gamer's Edge (LAN Center). Sac: TC1.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Yeah I got my schedule for this week and I'm not working Saturday. I hope this is perm thing.

I only know of my own biweeklies haha. There's some Modesto thing happening (I think called TGE) and also SFSU biweeklies are trying to startup. But I think those two biweeklies with offset theirs to the SJSU biweeklies.

There will be a SJSU biweeklie this weekend. I'm hosting the SJSU biweeklies still. Hai!

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Crap, there is one at SJSU this week? I guess I'll move it to next week. :p

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
"Battlefield's gonna be a new character in Smash"
- Frotaz, commenting on Battlefield's edges

"I hate playing friendlies sometimes! Like, I'll go and pick Ganon right? And the other guy... he goes and picks Falco!.. and then picks FD!.

I'm like, Wow this is gonna be a good match"
- Frotaz

"Caramel Donkey Kong, Chocolate Ganondorf, Marth Mayonasse, Mario Mushroom Soup, Young Link Teryaki Sauce"
- KizzoGirl, NorCal Flavors

"Vanilla Samus"
- Hyuga, NorCal Flavors

"Everybody run up to someone, grab 'em, explode, and say 'Yes!'"
- Captain Funch

petoo0

Smash Ace
meh cant make it this weekend. mabe next biweekly o_O. heh uc cew battles are also this weekend in so cal. all schools invited if sfsu really wants to prove themselves they should go there.

defenderoftime

Smash Cadet
you can expect me and my friend kyle to be there
we have been to a few bi weeklies now
but then i moved down to Santa Barbara
... was going to go to the socal bi-weekly (i live in zander's dorm) but i guess this is a good substitute =P

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So, does anyone like the idea of a ranking battle?

I could throw something together between the tournaments. It'd be fast, no more than an hour. It depends on what people want to do, though.

I'm thinking kind of a "grudge match" system. Everyone can challenge anyone they really want to play in order to prove a point, per se. Of course, some challenges would have priority over others.

I could also do a full one which would feature tons of ranked battles (at least six per person!) but to do one of that size would probably have to take the place of singles. I don't think many would be in favor of that.

But anyway, I won't try to do anything unless there is clear support. Do you guys want something like this added? Small or large?

petoo0

Smash Ace
womp cant make this biweekly. but i have a question. im not free saturdays till about 10 if im going to a biweekly. and i dont want to drive down to sjsu anymore too much gas moneysiez so id be taking BART or w/e gets me there. if im a little late will it matter?

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but I really want to go to one of Ken's SoCal biweeklies sometime. I wanna fight all the people down there. Anybody else have this "desire" and wants to go with me? I can't drive though, haha - no licence. Primarily I want to go to fight Ken though - all these times I've seen the guy and I haven't faught him.

petoo0

Smash Ace
lol well kizzo you kinda cant. so cal biweeklies are for so cal only, unless you have made some arrangment with ken, they usually stick to so cal only.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
womp cant make this biweekly. but i have a question. im not free saturdays till about 10 if im going to a biweekly. and i dont want to drive down to sjsu anymore too much gas moneysiez so id be taking BART or w/e gets me there. if im a little late will it matter?
For teams its your gonna be like 10-15 late I dont think theyll mind. I suggest you call Kizzo or Shadow when you leave Sat and check up. You'll definitely make singles though.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Petoo0 is right, socal biweeklies aren't as friendly as NorCal biweeklies. SoCal only; you gotta show your Platinum Costco Membership Card.

The rankings battle seems hecka fun and isn't being given enough attention.

Do you want to be on the top 25 of NorCal?
Are you not in the top 25 because you believe no one notices you?
Can you beat MULTIPLE people on the top 25?
Do you want a higher spot?
Do you want recognition NOW?

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE, for Scamp's Ranking Battles are here!
Gain recognition, experience, and a spot at NorCal's TOP 25!!!

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
So, does anyone like the idea of a ranking battle?

I could throw something together between the tournaments. It'd be fast, no more than an hour. It depends on what people want to do, though.

I'm thinking kind of a "grudge match" system. Everyone can challenge anyone they really want to play in order to prove a point, per se. Of course, some challenges would have priority over others.

I could also do a full one which would feature tons of ranked battles (at least six per person!) but to do one of that size would probably have to take the place of singles. I don't think many would be in favor of that.

But anyway, I won't try to do anything unless there is clear support. Do you guys want something like this added? Small or large?
well it a good idea but some people wont be there if u hold it like me XD.

But yea just go for it for people that hold grudges ^^.

Alam

Smash Apprentice
hey its Alam, i havennt been smashin really and went to a biweekly about a month or 2 ago and i met these 2 kids. One was white and the other was black. I dont kno thier names or anything but they were telling me they play halo 2. They are also pretty new to smash. If anyone knows who they are and if u have thier AIM sn's let me kno. thanks.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Do you want to be on the top 25 of NorCal?
Are you not in the top 25 because you believe no one notices you?
Can you beat MULTIPLE people on the top 25?
Do you want a higher spot?
Do you want recognition NOW?

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE, for Scamp's Ranking Battles are here!
Gain recognition, experience, and a spot at NorCal's TOP 25!!!

Hahahah again.

petoo0

Smash Ace
lol. well im not going to this biweekly, and as much as i like you guys for showing me the ropes around nor cal, i still rep so cal...i do lie there half the year anyways. + i wont be at this biweekly...so chooknater cant get his revenge on me XD.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol. I don't think Ken has ever turned down an out-of-region player who asked to come to a biweekly. Don't hate :).

Art?

Smash Journeyman
do the ranking battles anyways, even if people aren't paying attention to it in this thread. most of the biweekly participants, including me, are very likely to sign up anyways. are we ever gonna do pools anytime soon?

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Kizzo! You'd better have a biweekly on Thanksgiving weekend, because I'm coming down. And we should definitely have ranking battles, because even though I am temporarily located in the northwest, I still rep nor-cal (plus I will still be living in nor-cal for close to half a year, if not).

See you all then. Unless there isn't a biweekly, in which case I will see all of you in December.

Top Bottom