• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-dragon Metroid character roles

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This thread is kind of pointless since we all know if Metroid gets another Ridley rep it will be Ridley you know the only very popular character in the series next to Samus.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This thread is kind of pointless since we all know if Metroid gets another Ridley rep it will be Ridley you know the only very popular character in the series next to Samus.
Yes but he may not be all we get. You forget ATs(Metroids, maybe Hunters), Bosses(MB and MP or Kraid) and the possibility of a 3rd rep(Dark Samus, maybe Sylux...)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yes but he may not be all we get. You forget ATs(Metroids, maybe Hunters), Bosses(MB and MP or Kraid) and the possibility of a 3rd rep(Dark Samus, maybe Sylux...)
I don't think we'd get a second villain, if there were more strong recurring protagonist roles maybe we'd get one of those but so far aside from Samus we've only really seen villainous ones appear in more than one or two games.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think we'd get a second villain, if there were more strong recurring protagonist roles maybe we'd get one of those but so far aside from Samus we've only really seen villainous ones appear in more than one or two games.
Exactly, even the MP3 Hunters turned into bad guys >_<
Well, DS seems the most likely 3rd rep to me...and many others :p

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
even if DS is a different character she still has the same outfit which means that if DS got into brawl you would have two characters who look the same with a different moveset

yeah, not gonna happen

~ryu

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
even if DS is a different character she still has the same outfit which means that if DS got into brawl you would have two characters who look the same with a different moveset

yeah, not gonna happen

~ryu
Luigi says hi :p
And they don't look exactly the same, and Samus got the Phazon suit as a "dark alt", which is Black, Grey and Red.

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
Luigi says hi :p
And they don't look exactly the same, and Samus got the Phazon suit as a "dark alt", which is Black, Grey and Red.
yes but they still look too similar to be separate characters it would be like getting a PC called fire climbers who was a two person character and they were called papa (pink) and nono(blue) and they had fire based moves

~ryu

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
yes but they still look too similar to be separate characters it would be like getting a PC called fire climbers who was a two person character and they were called papa (pink) and nono(blue) and they had fire based moves

~ryu
That's not even an argument, that's a random blurb that you tried to pass off as an argument...
Also, Mario and Luigi...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I stand by my statement, Ridley or no one at all, Dark Samus is slightly more interesting a character than Bowser Jr. Watch as I piss off 90 of the boards with a single sweeping statement.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I stand by my statement, Ridley or no one at all, Dark Samus is slightly more interesting a character than Bowser Jr. Watch as I piss off 90 of the boards with a single sweeping statement.
And I stand by mine, Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl.
Lol, I just joined the BJ support group......T_T
But I agree at least....Or do I? :confused:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
And I stand by mine, Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl.
Lol, I just joined the BJ support group......T_T
But I agree at least....Or do I? :confused:
Enough of your mind games IsmaR! j/k but whatever if Ridley and Isaac are in I don't care who else makes it so I'm not opposed to DS or BJ.

BTW is it your mission to join every club you can or something :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Enough of your mind games IsmaR! j/k but whatever if Ridley and Isaac are in I don't care who else makes it so I'm not opposed to DS or BJ.

BTW is it your mission to join every club you can or something :p
No....Me no likey WW Link, AC(Or any other AC rep) or Isaac >_<

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
What is wrong with to many sword users anyway? I mean look at how differently Ike, Link, Meta knight and Pit play.

Well then who else would it be, *if* we got a third rep? Admiral Dane? U-Mos? Bah! It's kind of silly to say the hypothetical third character shouldn't be a villain, and then say that the only other major characters besides Samus are villains.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well then who else would it be, *if* we got a third rep? Admiral Dane? U-Mos? Bah! It's kind of silly to say the hypothetical third character shouldn't be a villain, and then say that the only other major characters besides Samus are villains.
I think Samus in her Zero suit form could count as a second rep before Ridley - maybe it's even a reason why Sakurai added her.
Which following, his pattern, it's;

1. Protagonist. (numerous)
2. Protagonist + second protagonist (Roy and Marth - Melee)
3. Protagonist + second protagonist + villain. (Kirby - Brawl)
4. Protagonist + second protagonist + villain + third protagonist. (Mario - Melee)

Just something I noticed.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
No, Zero Suit Samus doesn't count as a second rep. You can barely even use her, and to do so you have to first pick standard Samus.

Unless you are Sakurai or someone else working on this game, you can't appropriately dismiss that. We don't know if she counts or not, hence why I said could.
Even so, ZSS still has her own moveset and character abilities. I don't really care if she counts as her own rep or not, so long as Ridley is in anyway, I'm just telling you what could possibly be due to the pattern I noticed. That's all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There is not another way to play with Zamus. Only by picking the Smash Ball, it was confirmed in that Whobby thing(i think).

Also, all of you. Sylux whont be Playable UNLESS Ridley is only a boss, Dark Samus is a PC and Sakurai decided to add another Metroid Rep.

Is that likely? no i don't think so.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's a Demo, but from the finished game. And how can you "unlock" her? she is not a secret character, if you could unlock them then we would have no more newcomers!.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Complete classic mode as Samus and you unlock another spot on the roster next to Samus which allows you to play as Zamus instantly. How hard is that? It would mean people who want to play as Zamus can do it, instead of going through a long and annoying process.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Complete classic mode as Samus and you unlock another spot on the roster next to Samus which allows you to play as Zamus instantly. How hard is that? It would mean people who want to play as Zamus can do it, instead of going through a long and annoying process.
Which is an okay idea, Lego, but there's no evidence to suggest that's gonna happen.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You do know it's almost official that the roster is 35 characters long right?

We have 23 characters not counting transformations, if we cound Zamus We'll have to count Sheik, that's 25, only 10 slots remain. Luigi, Cap'n Falcon, Ganondorf, MEwtwo, Wolf and Falco or falco and Krystal, that leaves space for 4 newcomers. Krystal and Ridley where deconfirmed by a "credible" poster in another forum, here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227646&page=14

That leaves space for who? Dark Samus, Lucario? and who? K. Rool?

So if you count Zamus and Sheik as separate characters it leaves us with less characters.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But it doesn't matter weather we think of them as separate, because the decision has already been made.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
People who don't use smash ball OR people who play short matches OR people who cant get the smash ball OR people who don't like Samus.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Real Men use Items, Remember?

Also, i don't really care, i like Samus with her suit more.

It's a Demo, but from the finished game. And how can you "unlock" her? she is not a secret character, if you could unlock them then we would have no more newcomers!.
I think it's possible that you can unlock Zero Suit Samus as a separate character, perhaps by using her as a result of the Smash Ball. But that is just a wild guess, and as it stands she should not count as another Metroid rep.

Top Bottom