• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No wave-dash mabey?...possible discovery

Sariku

Smash Master
Lol, I always wanted to do that. Anyways, its cool. Dylans always like that, and you know what? Thats whats coola bout him, he speaks his mind.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It wasn't yesterday or two nights ago at 4 AM, it was sunday or something. I don't remember the exact time.

I can't play now, I'm about to head to sleep actually. But I'll play tommorow, how does 10 PM Eastern Time sound?

I remember the matches. Both were on hyrule, and you were like "put it on 4 stock because I am leaving soon" but we wound up playing two matches anyway.

Besides, why would I make this **** up like you claim? What could I possibly gain by doing so?
Well im not that great at smash classic yet, but I swear since sunday ive been playing like 4-5 hours a day and im back in some form of shape.

I would love to play you, and without some stupid e-grudge lol. Just looking for a good match with no johns, and if you pwn me I hope you can spare me some tips :)

I am -tired- of dealing with jerks on kaillera. I am always polite to everyone, and 70% of the time someone either says something scrubby, or johns me when they lose. Or, when they win, insult me and call me noob (even after I win like 8 matches in a row by 3 stocks) and leave... its annoying.

Im against that so if I play you, youll find me to be very well mannered.

So you basically have a split personality, acting different on the internet and real life?
Well, I guess that's true for most people though. Do you think people talk like they type on the internet? just look at all the haters out there, if they tried the **** they say on youtube comments in real life than theyd get killed, so im sure on the internet everyone is a diff person than IRL.

Its the anonymous aspect of it all, I can call you a scrub douche and you cant punch me in the face. I would probably watch my mouth in real life, and laugh at your scrubiness behind your back with my friends later. Not calling you a scrub though this is purely hypothetical.

Also, I can't seem to express myself verbally in the same manner that I do in writing. I find when I'm writing all the words seem to connect better in my brain and as I see them appear on the screen or on a piece of paper I can fit more elequent strings of words together to form sentences that I would never say in real life...

Im not a very eloquent speaker but the way I write does reflect how I think.

lol @ the you got owned thing... it was pretty weak in context since I didnt dish out massive ownage to him like I have to the scrubs who have DARED enter my thread, so it wasnt like BURNNNN

BUT I have never seen that before, bookmarked!

MattNF

Smash Lord
Lol, I always wanted to do that. Anyways, its cool. Dylans always like that, and you know what? Thats whats coola bout him, he speaks his mind.
I see. Well I respect him for that, but sometimes it seems like he goes overboard with it... :laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master
DYLAN, before you go to sleep, what are you talking about? You can play Super Smash Online!? I wanna play, tell me where! And HOW! I WANNA PWN THE N00B!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I see. Well I respect him for that, but sometimes it seems like he goes overboard with it... :laugh:
I do, but thats the whole point. I told you I dont take this seriously (I really don't) And the only advice I have for everyone else is to not take ME seriously either! :laugh:

I have a lot of opinions and I love to just.. throw em in your face!! haha but I also love arguing (as you can see) so when I start a fight I get really into it...

but its all really really entertaining to me.. im not sitting at my screen like

**** I HATE THIS ANONYMOUS PERSON ON THE INTERNET SO **** MUCH. HIS OPINIONS ON WAVEDASHING HAS RUINED MY ENTIRE DAY AND I AM NOW GOING TO BEAT MY GIRLFRIEND AND QUIT MY JOB AND DRINK WHISKY.

So ya, dont take me seriously, please. Itll only lead to you becoming frustrated and me laughing at you :laugh:

Flak

Smash Cadet
Dylan don't even pretend you aren't serious. I've seen posts of yours where you talk about how hardcore you get at smash brothers and how its not some "fun little game" but an incredibly no nonsense sport, that without wavedashing would be meaningless. And thats cool and all, but you can't pretend you aren't serious.
Another thing: Just because people have dumb ideas or theories doesn't mean you have to be such a miserable ***. What you say to people isn't "funny" or part of your "since of humor" you're just unnecessarily mean... and about speculations on a video game. Chill.
P.S. Change your avatar. It makes you seem..... like a 10 year old screaming child.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
lol, dylan is just KSP, i aint saying what it means, i can only tell you that it is "kulang sa pansin", which is why dylan_tanga always argues. "kasi, hindi siya pinapansin sa bahay."
bwaha, pm me if you wanna know. lolz.

anyway, if you ask me, which of course most of you didn't, or won't. i say dylan is a little too opinionated, yeah, as if anyone actually cares. but really, disrespect is an understatement. why, i bet he talks the same way to his parents just as he does here on smashboards.
"hey son will you take out the trash?"
"no ****ing way pops, i'd rather just stand here and argue with you man!"

like, shaa.....

anywayz, i say wavedashing taken out cause of this new system is possible, i mean, think about it, if you program something, chances are that it'll interfere with an existing program code/sequence. meaning, since that running while shooting thing was coded into the game, it probably interferes with te other programs. get what i mean?

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Arent you that guy everyone hates, no one cares what you think go die, or give a respectible answer.
You really shouldn't be telling someone to die when you don't even use proper grammar. I'm still in Middle School and I use better grammar than you.

On-topic: It was a glitch, I'm sure their aware of it and will remove it anyway.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
why, i bet he talks the same way to his parents just as he does here on smashboards.
"hey son will you take out the trash?"
"no ****ing way pops, i'd rather just stand here and argue with you man!"
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dylan don't even pretend you aren't serious. I've seen posts of yours where you talk about how hardcore you get at smash brothers and how its not some "fun little game" but an incredibly no nonsense sport, that without wavedashing would be meaningless.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said smash would be meaningless without wding.. I play smash 64 every day, no wavedashing there.

Ive stated many a time that there is nothing wrong with playing the game the way you see fit, but that for competitions to see who is truly the best theres gotta be rules that ensure everyone a fair chance, such as banning stages, and no items.

Quote me, plz. Or don't bother trying to make generalized statements about me w/o evidence, k thx.

What you say to people isn't "funny" or part of your "since of humor" you're just unnecessarily mean... and about speculations on a video game. Chill.
Aww. Im mean :( On an online forum! As for ''chill'' im as cool as ice man, im hanging in my basement about to game some online smash, and smashing melee alll day tomorrow...

WOoooooooooooOOOOooOOOt!!!!!

P.S. Change your avatar. It makes you seem..... like a 10 year old screaming child.
Hell no, that arrogant smirk on goku's face says '' Im about to pwn some gay nub'' Goku is metal.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
lets just make a theory/answer thread in which Dylan can reply as much as he wants. Oh and Sariku, i think i saw a thread on online play somewhere.use search. it may help

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Just because they are adding new things to brawl doesn't mean that it will change stuff that is in melee. We don't even know if brawl uses the same engine as Melee, for all we know, they could have re-written most of it.

And, anything they want in or out of them game, they will decide, and all these threads saying "OMG this thing they posted means that ____ isn't/is in brawl" need to stop, since they will include whatever they want.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
how are n0vicez gay? i wonder how dylan would know. unless....
EW dylan is a CrEeP~ he sleeps with noobs that's how he knows that n3WbZ are gay~
how do i know? because his **** smells like sh*t~ ahehehehehe~

but seriously, goku is boring now, ever since GT finished, he was STILL boring~
and his smile looks like he's constipated, not ready to put the beat down on a newby.
goku: *flarp* oh f***, i shouldn't have eaten that dragon burrito >.<
whoeverheiskilling: sh*t goku, you need to take a f***ing sh*t.
goku: no sh*t!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I only read the first few posts, but I knew the OP's reasoning was gonna be bad when I saw he didn't even know how to spell the word "maybe">

Also where the hell do you get that there are Smash Attacks while moving? You can use SHOOTING ITEMS while moving and jumping, not do every single action in the game while moving.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Dylan_Tnga powning noobs = <3

You can play online SSB64 by downloading Project64k(google it) and SSB rom(Google it as well, although you might need to try a few sites to get the right one). After this select something like online play from the main menu.. whatever!

And this topic.. When I first read it I was like "WTF is he THINKING!??!?!?! Shield in air!?" Really it's one of the dumbest ideas ever, I have no words for that. THAT would ruin smash forever, not wavedashing/lack of it.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Dude Dylan has some pretty good arguments going on here. Plus how can you hate a guy who actually debates with you?

Dylan = winner
TC = loser

Shuma

Smash Hero
Awww, I think you scared Jeremy away. You're clearly evil mean people. Yes.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And instantly the thread transformed into a discussion about Tnga.
You can say what you want about the guy, but he knows how to get himself heard. :D

And, well, "on-topic". There's not really much to say, the idea alone of letting you shield more is pretty ludicrous... you might as well shield while attacking or something.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Dylan_Tnga said:
Two nights ago I lost a whole ****load of matches.. but it was like 4 am. I hadnt played for two weeks, and I was drunk. If thats when you beat me, then congradulations.
No Johns :p

Anyway, I just wanted to debate what you said EARLIER in this thread, something like responding to "WD was a glitch" with something like "False. Undeniably untrue. DEBUG MODE, proof that the devs knew about it ..." and so on.

Have you ever used debug mode? Because if you did use it long enough, you'd realize that "Land Fall Special" refers to any time that you land on the ground after using any move that renders you immobile afterward (eg Up-B, AirDodge) When you airdodge toward the ground, the game registers your collision with the ground and initiates this land fall special. But because the Airdodge gives you downward velocity, combined with the fact that your character has less-than-perfect traction, allows you to slide.

This is not a Glitch, as every part of this is supposed to happen. It is however an exploit of the physics engine that may or may not have been overlooked. There is no proof at all that it was intentional. Likewise, there isn't concrete proof that it wasn't intentional, but given the evidence, it's a lot more plausible.

Phil Ashio

Smash Cadet
i haven't logged in in centuries, and i rarely post, but i lurk here often and i'm a smash addict.

I felt the need to log in( a rare occasion) simply to say this:

Dylan_Tnga is a worthless ****.

Nice DBZ avatar champ, you're an intellectual superhero.
lol...Dylan_Tnga...what a douche:laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think most of that is just respect for someone who can speak his mind and actually knows how to debate at the same time. Although he IS too rude. :p
It's like in an anime where the sensei is this mean, grumpy old man who hates everyone and punches students who make a mistake but then turns out to be a wise guy who respects you if you prove that you aren't an idiot. Or something.

soaz

Smash Ace
i dont really think that they will add shielding in the air air dodge is the way to go.

Top Bottom