• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Dojo updates from Dec. 29th - Jan. 6th

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not much to say about this one. With today's update, we were also greeted with this Notice up at the top.

Notice - All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following December 28. We plan to resume posts on January 7.

Have a happy new year.

New Year's update = nothing! Lawls

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
lol, atleast that's the end of speculation for New Year's update XD

A great update though, loving the Brawl menu icon ^^

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
lol, atleast that's the end of speculation for New Year's update XD

A great update though, loving the Brawl menu icon ^^
I agree, it really does look good. I actually wondered what they would use for it, and now I wonder what the select screen looks like, on the Wii menu.

And hey, I'll be out of town for a while so it does not hurt me too much since I wouldn't be catching updates much anyway. Feel bad for the rest of you though. Hopefully January will see some great updates, end of December really saw a lot of improvements.

india3

Smash Cadet
darn...my b'day was jan 4 and i was really looking forward to that update..

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
.....a week without DOJO..................................so I guess Youko takes 3 weeks off then...

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
There was speculation on the December 31st update? Even though Japan doesn't celebrate New Years then? Wow, missed that. I'm only annoyed because of no birthday update for me (which just happened to be the 31st) but ah well, it probably would have been "Pulling yourself up from ledges!" or something...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sucks but it doesn't hurt me. There's already enough info to satisfy. In fact, so much that I had to reserve Smash Bros Brawl for fear that it may be sold out by the time I go out to get it.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
well i suppose this is a good opprotunity to break my addiction to the site every morning, and this way ill be ready come jan 24 not to have the game spoiled for me.

so long, morning updates. i hardly knew thee.

M.K

Level 55
Ooh, I didn't even see this!

It's actually good for me, as a certain topic I was about to create...well, let's just say I can create it now.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I really don't mind a week where I can sleep better, but it will be a very long week.

The timing of this has been extremely poor. First a character drought and now an UPDATE drought? Right on the cusp of the Japanese release, no less. How dissapointing.

Unless the 14~ updates leading to the Japanese release are mindblowing, the Dojo will have really fallen flat in its days leading up to the coveted full reveal.

VA

Smash Hero
Didn't Grayfox already make one of these and then you closed it and made your own?

Veysey

Smash Cadet
As much as losing my morning updates disappoints me, I've kinda been hoping that they stopped the updates anyways. I'd like to have some surprises when I tear into this game.

Over six months of consistent and, for the most part, useful updates is pretty impressive.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Didn't Grayfox already make one of these and then you closed it and made your own?
*3 people* made threads, which was the breaking point where I decided it would be best to make a thread here in Dojo Updates to keep the crap in one place. You can kindly bite me if you don't like it for some reason.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The company does need to rest after doing Brawl updates week after week after week. They have families to go to after all.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
There was speculation on the December 31st update? Even though Japan doesn't celebrate New Years then? Wow, missed that. I'm only annoyed because of no birthday update for me (which just happened to be the 31st) but ah well, it probably would have been "Pulling yourself up from ledges!" or something...
Japan celebrates New Years like crazy, which is probably why he's taking a break, they close like everything from the 31st to the 2rd or 3rd, so it's even bigger than Christmas for them, which is like a festive time but nothing more, they just decorate a lot. So I was actually expecting a huge update, but this makes since as well. Actually, they consider New Years as a total refresh type of thing, they can't have any debt and they have to have a totally clean house. They don't even cook from the 31st to the 2nd or 3rd, they cook a ton ahead of time. So it actually would have been funny if they just stopped the DOJO on the 31st and completely started retelling old updates, like a complete restart.

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
...So it actually would have been funny if they just stopped the DOJO on the 31st and completely started retelling old updates, like a complete restart...
Hilarious.

/sarcasm

I would weep tears of pain and agony if he just gave up updates we already know until the 26th. Not even cool.

As for me, I'm just glad I can go to bed before 2 AM next week. It'll help me get some sleep before I go back to college. ^_^ But I will miss the updates.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is just building up suspense. I'm confident he'll give us some great updates, maybe he's just been holding out on char updates to surprise us with multiple char confirmations in a week.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is just building up suspense. I'm confident he'll give us some great updates, maybe he's just been holding out on char updates to surprise us with multiple char confirmations in a week.
Forget about it. I'm sure we all want a big update on January 7th (I'm one of them), but I for one know we won't. I am as close to 100% sure as you can get on things like this.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Hurray!
Now I can quit waking up at 5:45 EVERY morning just to see the updates!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Wowz to this.. I can understand needing to take some holiday time off..but still it's lame.

Of course we all know that January 7th update will be something like " YOU MUST PUT THE DISC IN YOUR WII TO PLAY!".

Would be nice if we at least got Rayquaza though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
dang I was actually looking forward to updates being out of school and all.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
OK I figured it out. He is taking a break, so on the last 14 days before the japanese release date will all be character updates, bringing us to a total of 37 characters (sounds like a good number)

I remember something about Sakurai wanting to release all the characters himself anyways and it would be an awesome 14 days, but don't really expect this to happen

connordoc

Smash Rookie
Too bad... I was looking forward to New Years.

Ah well, We're gonna get all the info we need the day the Japeneese version is releaced...

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I personally hope that we get good updates, but don't hold out on characters. We might get one, maybe Sheik, but thats about it. I'm sure we wont see the unlockable characters until we get the game. Heres hoping for 40!

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I personally hope that we get good updates, but don't hold out on characters. We might get one, maybe Sheik, but thats about it. I'm sure we wont see the unlockable characters until we get the game. Heres hoping for 40!
I've been hopeing for 40 characters since brawl was announced...

but I don't think it will go that much...

sure SSBM had alot more characters then ssb64, and more that is confirmed for SSBB, but half of SSBM characters were clones anyways...

it's kinda hard to have alot of characters and not have any "clones"

Top Bottom