• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

I would be a character that I've always drawn here and there for years and my theme would probably be the Youngtown theme from Mother 1 / Paula's theme from Earthbound or Cumbersome Guys from Mother 3.

Also, can we talk about how Walking Bushie is da boy? Gives you heals when ya need it and then greets everyone before leaving, and if you spare his life by running away he'll follow you to give you more free heals.

Charlie Brown OP
OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD THIS MOD

WHAT IS THIS

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
oneofthesedaysimgonnagetkickedoutofthisfandom.png

Did someone ask for a crappy Photoshop?

Okay guys, help me cuz I'm SUPER indecisive.

Should I make the PK Abilities kinda looking like they appear in the game? (Just the effects)
Or should I make it look like a character is casting it?
In game appearance for sure. :)

Also as for my theme, I found this Sanctuary Guardian/Dangerous Foe mix like 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLOkAI0w3o

So this without a doubt.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 204939

Did someone ask for a crappy Photoshop?

In game appearance for sure. :)

Also as for my theme, I found this Sanctuary Guardian/Dangerous Foe mix like 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLOkAI0w3o

So this without a doubt.
Crappy Ninten-Thanos photoshop lookin' good :joyful:

Btw in a Mother trilogy remake, seeing Ninten with a bandana would be refreshing lol. I also think they could even add the Sky Titany enemy to a Mother 1 remake. It's a small thing, but they could have all the types of Titanees in both Mother 1 and 3. They could even add them to an Earthbound remake.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Btw in a Mother trilogy remake, seeing Ninten with a bandana would be refreshing lol. I also think they could even add the Sky Titany enemy to a Mother 1 remake. It's a small thing, but they could have all the types of Titanees in both Mother 1 and 3. They could even add them to an Earthbound remake.
Bandana Ninten is canon in my mind lulz.

If they ever do a remake of M3, I hope they outfit Claus with a mechanical arm in some cutscenes. Kinda random, but I always pictured him with an FMA type arm that converts into a cannon like a Mega buster.

1554514970241.png

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
What would our themes sound like? And what would we look like? And what if we were in PSI Universe, The Insane EarthBound Adventures, or ANY of SSBBfangirl1’s/MapleMoriko’s videos? And what would our PSI/PK powers look like?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine not having a name that's named after a company

This post was made by the Ninten gang

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I have a nostalgia overload about Mother.

And now this is one of those times.

But I'm sad because I can't play it, since I'm busy lmao.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Guys, I just added a new idea for Mother 3 (Part 2) in my petition. It’s about...gulp...Giygas. During the middle/before the end of the final boss of Mother 3 (Part 2), Giygas returns as a boss. And they get Shogo Sakai to remake/arrange the unused theme of Giygas from Mother 3. Oh god...I already know that HD Giygas is gonna be the stuff of nightmares!

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Hey everyone, so I heard from someone that they've heard of a rumor of a MOTHER / Earthbound character coming as DLC. I know that rumors can be false or true (mostly false when it comes to Smash) but it's still nice to hear something like that!

Speaking of MOTHER, I've gotten someone to play the first MOTHER game with the 25th anniversary patch. And so far they've actually have been enjoying it, specially the music and KO'ing stuff as Teddy! I watch them play through Discord and give them advice and remind them of stuff (like what this psi move does and all that), it's really awesome seeing someone you care about having fun with something that you like. Brings me a lot of joy.

°° PK Joy °°

sorry

Also, I finally got a new (old) mouse that is... functional. It's tinier than my self esteem from a decade ago and I actually used some tape to keep the wire in a certain position or else it would start turning on and off all the time. I also haven't worked on much pixel art and I'm not a huge expert of it either.
However, now I'll be doing my best to keep working on my visual Ninten moveset idea and you guys' PK abilities, I just hope you guys don't mind the wait or the quality (as I still consider myself far from animating something like a whole attacking animation). After all, I'll do these for fun and cuz you guys stink! (hehe, get it?)

Instead of any progress about any of those two things, have a Mr. Saturn. Isn't he cute? :3

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Hey everyone, so I heard from someone that they've heard of a rumor of a MOTHER / Earthbound character coming as DLC. I know that rumors can be false or true (mostly false when it comes to Smash) but it's still nice to hear something like that!

On a different note, I've gotten someone to play Mother 1 with the 25th anniversary patch. And so far they've actually have been enjoying it, specially the music and KO'ing stuff as Teddy! I watch them play through Discord and give them advice, it's really awesome seeing someone you care about having fun with something that you like and also have fun with. Brings me a lot of joy.

°° PK Joy °°

sorry

Also, I finally got a new (old) mouse that is... functional. It's tinier than my self esteem from a decade ago and I actually used some tape to keep the wire in a certain position or else it would start turning on and off all the time. I also haven't worked on much pixel art and I'm not a huge expert of it either.
However, now I'll be doing my best to keep working on my visual Ninten moveset idea and you guys' PK abilities, I just hope you guys don't mind the wait or the quality (as I still consider myself far from animating something like a whole attacking animation), after all, I'll do these for fun and cuz you guys stink! (hehe, get it?)

Instead of any progress about any of those two things, have a Mr. Saturn. Isn't he cute? :3
I’m betting the DLC character would be Ninten. :)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity who did you hear this from? I'm not gonna go full good cop bad cop on them, I've just never heard any actual rumors besides it being on like on crappy leak that mentioned Ninten round last November. A Mother character is pretty likely in my opinion, but I guess this is the first time I've heard of a rumor.

Though them not stating which character it is piques my interest a tad.

Speaking of MOTHER, I've gotten someone to play the first MOTHER game with the 25th anniversary patch. And so far they've actually have been enjoying it, specially the music and KO'ing stuff as Teddy! I watch them play through Discord and give them advice and remind them of stuff (like what this psi move does and all that), it's really awesome seeing someone you care about having fun with something that you like. Brings me a lot of joy.

°° PK Joy °°

sorry

However, now I'll be doing my best to keep working on my visual Ninten moveset idea and you guys' PK abilities, I just hope you guys don't mind the wait or the quality (as I still consider myself far from animating something like a whole attacking animation). After all, I'll do these for fun and cuz you guys stink! (hehe, get it?)
While not Mother 1, I did inspire an aquaintence that's never played a Mother game to actually give EB a try. I agree, it's a pretty cool feeling.

Also take your time on your PSI project. :ness:

D

Deleted member

Yesss I can finally get back to my EB playthrough.

Also Dib Dib did the rumor just come from speculators or leakers? Either way, I don't trust either at the moment lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm confident about our boy, but not because of any leaks or rumors.

And you take your time on the PSI project :D

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Food for thought: Reggie's last day is the 15th. Polarpanda on Twitter mentioned us really liking what Nintendo has in store for April. The date she mentioned in a later tweet was the 15th.

April direct featuring Reggie perhaps? Mother games perhaps?

D

Deleted member

Food for thought: Reggie's last day is the 15th. Polarpanda on Twitter mentioned us really liking what Nintendo has in store for April. The date she mentioned in a later tweet was the 15th.

April direct featuring Reggie perhaps? Mother games perhaps?
If you don't take the strikeout off that last bit I will scream

But yeah I think it's possible. Though I feel like a Mother trilogy remake (and our boy Ninten) being revealed at E3 is more likely.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

April direct featuring Reggie perhaps?
Hopefully so, given that I potentially have to wait an entire week of vacation before that possible occurrence happens.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Dib Dib Not trying to rush ya. Just really curious about this rumor heh.
Also Dib Dib did the rumor just come from speculators or leakers? Either way, I don't trust either at the moment lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm confident about our boy, but not because of any leaks or rumors.

And you take your time on the PSI project :D
Oh, sorry. I actually have no info other than what that person said. So I don't have any more details on that rumor other than what he said, which was that they were planning to add a character from the MOTHER / Earthbound series.
Sorry, I didn't knew you guys actually wanted more details about it. I don't know if you'll be able to find that rumor by searching it, and I doubt the guy who said it was just plain lying.

If you guys find any sources regarding this vague rumor, feel free to post it. Cuz I'm just as clueless as you guys, hehe...

Anyways, I hope you're all having a fantastic day! :ness:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry. I actually have no info other than what that person said. So I don't have any more details on that rumor other than what he said, which was that they were planning to add a character from the MOTHER / Earthbound series.
Sorry, I didn't knew you guys actually wanted more details about it. I don't know if you'll be able to find that rumor by searching it, and I doubt the guy who said it was just plain lying.

If you guys find any sources regarding this vague rumor, feel free to post it. Cuz I'm just as clueless as you guys, hehe...

Anyways, I hope you're all having a fantastic day! :ness:
plzpost.png

The hunt is on.

One final question tho. Was this a dm or on a forum?

D

Deleted member

Mondo Mole confronts the 5 Guardian Diggers saying "I'm really the 3rd strongest entity on the Earth!!!"

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
When do you guys think our last chance for a mother related announcement is? This next direct? Or maybe E3?

D

Deleted member

When do you guys think our last chance for a mother related announcement is? This next direct? Or maybe E3?
Eh, I don't really think there is a "last chance" for it. Though I think the most likely time is E3.

So, Mother 3 was released this month, so a Mother related announcement could happen this month. Mother 1 was released in July, so there could be a Mother announcement at E3. Then, Earthbound was released in August, so there's another good chance of a Mother announcement if it doesn't happen before. Plus, since this year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, I even think there's a chance of an announcement at any time of year, though more likely announced in the month of one of the games' release months.

If it doesn't happen this year, the chances of it will go down, and I think a campaign for it should be started. I think it'll happen this year though.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't really think there is a "last chance" for it. Though I think the most likely time is E3.

So, Mother 3 was released this month, so a Mother related announcement could happen this month. Mother 1 was released in July, so there could be a Mother announcement at E3. Then, Earthbound was released in August, so there's another good chance of a Mothre announced if it doesn't happen before. Plus, since this year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, I even think there's a chance of an announcement at any time of year, though more likely announced in the month of one of the games' release months.

If it doesn't happen this year, the chances of it will go down, and I think a campaign for it should be started. I think it'll happen this year though.
Yeah, I think you are right on this.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

So, Mother 3 was released this month, so a Mother related announcement could happen this month. Mother 1 was released in July, so there could be a Mother announcement at E3. Then, Earthbound was released in August, so there's another good chance of a Mother announcement if it doesn't happen before. Plus, since this year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, I even think there's a chance of an announcement at any time of year, though more likely announced in the month of one of the games' release months.

Let's hope you're right. The idea of a Mother announcement happening this month excites me, but if nothing happens then there's also this summer.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

I could be wrong since I have shoddy memory of this event but I think EB was announced for Wii U VC in April 2013?

Could be misremembering, but I don’t think it was announced in the summer...

D

Deleted member

I could be wrong since I have shoddy memory of this event but I think EB was announced for Wii U VC in April 2013?

Could be misremembering, but I don’t think it was announced in the summer...
It was in July, actually.

And Earthbound Beginnings was revealed at E3 2015, so that's another reason I think Mother content will most likely be revealed at E3

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Have you guys seen that one leak about the April 11th direct? I'm not taking it as scripture since it is just a leak, but it has some credibility going for it because it correctly guessed the Super Mario Maker 2 release date which was later accidentally leaked by Amazon or something like that? I have a feeling y'all might've already seen this leak because it's from like a week ago, I just thought I would bring it up because the leaked direct has an announcement about a Mother trilogy remake at the end. It's just a leak and it might've been debunked or something (I haven't kept up with leaks the past few days, school is a *****) but I just thought I'd share because it's relevant

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys seen that one leak about the April 11th direct? I'm not taking it as scripture since it is just a leak, but it has some credibility going for it because it correctly guessed the Super Mario Maker 2 release date which was later accidentally leaked by Amazon or something like that? I have a feeling y'all might've already seen this leak because it's from like a week ago, I just thought I would bring it up because the leaked direct has an announcement about a Mother trilogy remake at the end. It's just a leak and it might've been debunked or something (I haven't kept up with leaks the past few days, school is a *****) but I just thought I'd share because it's relevant
Yeah, I saw it. I think gaming intel is hedging on that leak being true. What I found interesting is that it said that the 2nd dlc character wouldn't be announced until E3 which is what Fatman expects.

Is this what you are talking about?
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/455332104/

Edit: For the record, I think this was probably just a lucky guess. But who knows.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hmm. I remember hearing about that leak and while I think it's 100% bunk, I won't count out the possibility of something like that happening in a direct ending. Maybe including Nintey as a fighter who knows.

According to Polarpanda, she thinks an 11th direct is pretty sketchy, but a direct around the 15th of April seems likely.

I'm personally leaning towards the 15th since that's Reggie's last day and all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I don't really trust leaks and rumors all that much anymore lol, but man if it is real with the Mother trilogy remake at the end then hooooo boy will I be the most ecstatic I've been in a while. Probably fake though (but just to be clear I'm only talking about the leak itself, I'm always confident about our boy and a Mother trilogy remake).

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
View attachment 205617

The hunt is on.

One final question tho. Was this a dm or on a forum?
It was on a Twitch stream where I was playing some Smash with some people, and a regular from there who has been there longer than I have told the streamer about it.
There was no MOTHER / Earthbound related content in the fight when that guy said that.
I did not ask before I was the one currently playing and I was excited about the rumor so I went all "NINTEN HYPE" on the chat. All I know is that he said there was a rumor of an Earthbound character being added as DLC, they never stated when or anything.
So yeah, this rumor is very vague since I didn't really ask more information about it, sorry.

Also, my friend JUST finished Mother 1 and they REALLY liked it! They actually felt very bad for George, Maria and Giegue. Not to mention EVE, who seems to be their favorite character.
Overall they found the whole story really epic, original and awesome and I knew they were having fun and wanting to play with them telling me that they wanted to keep playing today. My friend is one of the people who get REALLY inside the game, so nearly at the end in Giegue's basement and everything being red (cuz it was with the 25th anniversary patch, which I like) they were really intimidated by the whole thing.
Since they finished, I asked if they wanted to play MOTHER 2 / Earthbound or if they wanted me to play it (as I only played it once and remember like... 20% of the game). So soon I'll start to play Earthbound, my friend is also really looking forward to it, as they really wanna see more Earthbound stuff.

Also, I once searched "Mother 30th anniversary" and I ended up finding this simple 3D animation someone made to celebrate! I really liked it so I thought I would share it with you guys as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom