• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

I almost forgot the magic word. Now that we are all Reggie...

NINTEN FOR SMASH AND MOTHER TRILOGY REMAKE IS HAPPENING

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Speaking of Ninten. I realized something heavily important that may actually mean that Ninten WILL be in the game.

Look at my profile pic of Reggie. What do you see behind him? Nintendo? No... you see... NINTEN!

Someone out there knows what's happening, and they're trying to communicate it to us in the most indirect way possible.
Thanks Reggie, for giving us Ninten before you're truly gone.

· You felt something warm inside of you.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Ninten. I realized something heavily important that may actually mean that Ninten WILL be in the game.

Look at my profile pic of Reggie. What do you see behind him? Nintendo? No... you see... NINTEN!

Someone out there knows what's happening, and they're trying to communicate it to us in the most indirect way possible.
Thanks Reggie, for giving us Ninten before you're truly gone.

· You felt something warm inside of you.
I was just telling this to TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself

And yes

NINTEN CONFIRMED

Okay so you guys want to all be buddy buddy and join each other's parties huh? Fine.

View attachment 203719
Nah m8 join our party!!!!

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Okay so you guys want to all be buddy buddy and join each other's parties huh? Fine.

View attachment 203719
LOL, I love this!

Wait, how are we starting the fight with 0 HP and PP? D:

By the way, if you guys were playable Earthbound / MOTHER characters, how would you guys fight? Feel free to lean as much or as little to already existing playable characters in the series!

Time to transform this thread into a fanfic!

Personally, I would choose to be able to use PSI (cuz PSI is cool and I bet mostly everyone here wishes they could use it) and I would mainly focus on assisting PSI to shield allies and give all sorts of effects, I like the assisting PSI abilities from Mother 1 like Darkness, PSI Block, QuickUp, Powershield, etc.. Maybe one single offensive PSI move like PK Freeze or PK Beam and Life Up... oh, and PSI Magnet.
But give me a really good weapon and watch me deal little to no damage and take double the damage. Also kinda slooooow.

So basically, a glass canon who focuses on PSI of the assisting and recovery system with one single reliable way to attack and almost non-existant defensive physical stats. I was the one guy at dodgeball who threw the ball at full force and it was still 3 times slower compared to the sports guy's throws, so I would just... dodge the ball in dodgeball instead.

Last edited:

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
I'd be decked out with offensive PSI moves, and crazy fast. My offense would be above average as well. The catch would be that my PP is on the lower side for an offensive PSI user, and I would have poor defense.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd just play like Porky and hide behind my party members.

You guys made a bad choice letting me into your party.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
For me, I'd probably have a lot of good defensive and healing PSI. I have 3 good attacks, which would be
'PK Beam', 'PK Thunder' and 'PK Gaming' (Which is basically PK Rockin', but with different shapes that resemble different gaming controllers).
My Guts and Defense are high, while my offense is average. You already know Gaming is my favorite thing, and my favorite food is pizza.

D

Deleted member

I think I'd just play like Ninten lol, with high speed, healing and assist PSI, and high offense.

I'd just play like Porky and hide behind my party members.

You guys made a bad choice letting me into your party.
Lmao this is the best choice for a Mother ability :joyful:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh jeez I’d honestly be a terrible EB character. I’m not physically fit and am too distracted to be one constantly focused on PSI.

So, I guess I’d just be similar to Boney where he’s the one just kinda there?

Unless I’m allowed to be my Griffin OC that is.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I'd be something akin to Poo because I practice martial arts and I wear a gi just like him.

But I hate Poo's stats though so :4pacman::4pacman::4pacman: catch me having like 2 PP and dealing 5 points of physical damage.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
If you guys could have one unique PSI move, how would you name it and would it deal damage to all enemies or do something else?

Mine would be called PK Joy (cuz I like all things that bring me joy and happiness, and PK Happiness doesn't sound so good) and since I said I would have one single reliable way to attack since I would focus on PSI then it would make sense if I had one energy-based attack that was neither effective nor innefective against enemies, but it would always target a single enemy until the Ω version.
Kinda like PK Beam, actually. But it would be green and blue and it would be triangle and diamond shaped. (and it wouldn't KO and enemy with the γ version like PK Beam does)

Also, I like that everyone's rolling with all this, it's also very interesting seeing what you guys would be! c:

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If you guys could have one unique PSI move, how would you name it and would it deal damage to all enemies or do something else?

Mine would be called PK Joy (cuz I like all things that bring me joy and happiness, and PK Happiness doesn't sound so good) and since I said I would have one single reliable way to attack since I would focus on PSI then it would make sense if I had one energy-based attack that was neither effective nor innefective against enemies, but it would always target a single enemy until the Ω version.
Kinda like PK Beam, actually. But it would be green and blue and it would be triangle and diamond shaped. (and it wouldn't KO and enemy with the γ version like PK Beam does)

Also, I like that everyone's rolling with all this, it's also very interesting seeing what you guys would be! c:
Funny that you ask this as I was joking with a friend of mine a bit ago saying that my signature move would be PK Anxiety even though that's far from my favorite thing heh...

Though honestly, I'd love to have some electricity based PSI, Kinda like how Claus is focused on PK Thunder attacks, except it would have a bit more useful outside of battle. (Like charging phones and being able to light dark areas, that kinda thing.) Also the ability to f*** with electronics would be amazing, so you know what I'm gonna call it PK Glitch since that sounds pretty lit now that I think about it. Heh, maybe I've been in the Be More Chill fandom for too long. Either way that's what I'm going with.

As far as colors go, gotta go with bright green and bright blue. And since I headcanon the PSI users eyes glowing when angered or when using a super powerful attack, maybe the eye colors could shift between blue and green giving it a glitch effect? As for shapes, I'm not so sure on that. Probably circles reminicent of a circuit board or something similar.

Oh keep the questions coming! It's nice to have something to discuss besides just Ninten evidence since I'm close to burning myself out in that regard, so the change of topics are welcome. :ness:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Funny that you ask this as I was joking with a friend of mine a bit ago saying that my signature move would be PK Anxiety even though that's far from my favorite thing heh...

Though honestly, I'd love to have some electricity based PSI, Kinda like how Claus is focused on PK Thunder attacks, except it would have a bit more useful outside of battle. (Like charging phones and being able to light dark areas, that kinda thing.) Also the ability to f*** with electronics would be amazing, so you know what I'm gonna call it PK Glitch since that sounds pretty lit now that I think about it. Heh, maybe I've been in the Be More Chill fandom for too long. Either way that's what I'm going with.

As far as colors go, gotta go with bright green and bright blue. And since I headcanon the PSI users eyes glowing when angered or when using a super powerful attack, maybe the eye colors could shift between blue and green giving it a glitch effect? As for shapes, I'm not so sure on that. Probably circles reminicent of a circuit board or something similar.

Oh keep the questions coming! It's nice to have something to discuss besides just Ninten evidence since I'm close to burning myself out in that regard, so the change of topics are welcome. :ness:
Oooh, that actually sounds really cool! I actually like the idea of PSI and PK abilities working for more than just combat, just like the idea of using a fighting type move in Pokemon to break a rock or using a psychic type to help someone with lifting stuff.

I'm also glad that you like these questions, specially cuz I was a bit worried people wouldn't like to talk about stuff that's not Ninten.

In that case, what would you guys use as weapons? I would probably go with sticks or rackets and have a VERY small chance of deflecting projectiles and some PSI moves from enemies like PK Beam.
I actually have an electric racket cuz for some reason ocasionally there's one HUGE fly that decides to enter my room's window specifically and starts to make noise and get in front of my face, on my hair or get near my ears. It doesn't get in any other window of my house, just my room's. That's why I would probably have an electrical racket as a starting weapon and deal electrical damage with it, cuz I always have it in my room to deal with that stupid fly. xD

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oooh, that actually sounds really cool! I actually like the idea of PSI and PK abilities working for more than just combat, just like the idea of using a fighting type move in Pokemon to break a rock or using a psychic type to help someone with lifting stuff.

I'm also glad that you like these questions, specially cuz I was a bit worried people wouldn't like to talk about stuff that's not Ninten.

In that case, what would you guys use as weapons? I would probably go with sticks or rackets and have a VERY small chance of deflecting projectiles and some PSI moves from enemies like PK Beam.
I actually have an electric racket cuz for some reason ocasionally there's one HUGE fly that decides to enter my room's window specifically and starts to make noise and get in front of my face, on my hair or get near my ears. It doesn't get in any other window of my house, just my room's. That's why I would probably have an electrical racket as a starting weapon and deal electrical damage with it, cuz I always have it in my room to deal with that stupid fly. xD
Talking about the same thing over and over can get quite nauseating. Trust me, changing up the topic a little is very welcome. I've searched and theorized about everything and made so many damn powerpoints that sometimes a little break is nice to stall the monotony of going hardcore for so long. It's part of the reason why I like hanging out in the Geno thread. Sure it's mainly focused on Geno since that's what the thread is, but that's not all that's discussed there.

I mean if I end up being known as crazy Ninten powerpoint chick I can live with that. At least I'd have a legacy in some form heh...

As for weapons, I've always liked semi short weapons that normally come in twos such as sai and sickles, so maybe something like Karkat's sickles from Homestuck?

1554252071608.png

I mean, I'd have to learn how to use them obviously, but I just always loved them for some reason. Either that or Kama.

1554252145574.png

I like short pointy things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For a PSI move, I would like PK Mother trilogy remake :troll:

For a weapon.....an axe.....hehe

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My weapon would probably be all kinds of flyswatters because I'm awfully scared of bugs. I'd be a pretty terrible Mother character, seeing how I can't use a yo-yo for the life of me.

My special move would be PK Sleep. Three guesses as to what it does.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
For a PSI move, I would like PK Mother trilogy remake :troll:

For a weapon.....an axe.....hehe
I wonder if Reggie would be weak against that move or resistant to it. xD

My weapon would probably be all kinds of flyswatters because I'm awfully scared of bugs. I'd be a pretty terrible Mother character, seeing how I can't use a yo-yo for the life of me.

Well DUH.
It wakes up enemies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Oooh this is a fun conversation!

My weapon would definitely be

that always gets the job done in a snap.

As for my PSI move... I'm gonna have to give that some more thought. I've been sitting at the keyboard for about 20 minutes and I can't come up with anything.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

PK Shurikens?

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

As for my PSI move... I'm gonna have to give that some more thought. I've been sitting at the keyboard for about 20 minutes and I can't come up with anything.
You can do it, summon your PSI!
Though if you can't come up with anything then you could be a non PSI character who has other abilities. :p

Lastly, what's you guys' favorite home-made food?

Mine's definitely Pasta!

Oh and GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 what is the food you dislike the most, just asking for no reason in particular.:4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though if you can't come up with anything then you could be a non PSI character who has other abilities. :p

Mine's definitely Pasta!

Oh and GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 what is the food you dislike the most, just asking for no reason in particular.:4pacman:
Well, my favorite food is called Mahshi. It's an Egyptian food and...I love it lol (but the way my mom and grandmom make it is the best)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It does something that I've gotten next to nothing of the past two weeks. :4pacman:

I'm now picturing Conker with the infinity gauntlet and I'm very, very afraid right now.

Mine's definitely Pasta!
Gotta second on the pasta. Love my Grandma's homemade spaghetti even if it might seem bland to some heh.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Mine's definitely Pasta!

My favorite food is soup. What a fun individual I am.

As for least favorite food, that's a wide range. I really dislike pork, but there's things I wouldn't even dare try. Someone actually tried to get me to eat fried crickets, needless to say I vehemently refused.

Top Bottom