• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

I would say no simply because of all the content already present in the game shows what the other rights holders okayed for Smash. So I'd say no on them taking just as long. Though a character being a fighter I'd bet needs extra permission, though for Mother characters it's pretty much just Itoi, and APE for Mother 1 and 2. And again there's a ****load of Mother content in the game so I wouldn't worry too much about it in those franchise's cases.

This is why I doubt characters like Porky and Sylux though.
That is a good point. Thanks :)

Soon, I will be finished with my playthrough of Mother 3, and then I will either play Mother 1 or Earthbound. Whichever one I replay first, I will play the other afterwards

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is a good point. Thanks :)

Soon, I will be finished with my playthrough of Mother 3, and then I will either play Mother 1 or Earthbound. Whichever one I replay first, I will play the other afterwards
Damn I need to finish my current playthrough of EB0 too. It's my first time playing the fan translation version and all the slight differences between that and the localized version fascinate me.

The Crow smoking a joint is probably my personal favorite original sprite though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
She's a page on the SMT Wiki and the Reddit seems to consider her a character from there so *shrug.* She ain't Nintendo owned though that's for sure. Either way though music icon theory is most likely legit. I don't feel like going full NinTED Talk™ on every reason why I think that tonight but there is something everyone should keep in mind. Sakurai did mention in an interview that it can take over a year to obtain the rights to third party characters, this means the characters had to be chosen at latest November 2017. It's most likely earlier, so I'm being a bit generous here. Just something to chew on.

The whole "Cloud was last so that's the only reason why his Fighter spirit is his render" theory is now completely dead in the water at this point.

Oh **** I forgot about another weird thing involving spirits. This one actually kinda bugs me. Magearna is the last real Pokemon spirit listed unless you count Detective Pikachu. I've seen all the Alolan Pokemon spirits in game with the exception of two, and with the exception of the Fighter spirits, all Pokemon are listed not just by gen, but numerically through the order shown in the Pokedex. So I believe the logical conclusion there would be that the spirits are Solgaleo and Lunala. But... Marshadow doesn't have one...
A Pokemon that appears as a Pokeball Pokemon DOESN'T HAVE A SPIRIT.

I think it's funny how people take the guy that said "my body is ready" on the E3 stage 100% seriously on everything he says. Or in this case, take what he said out of context.
For the record, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is co-owned by Nintendo.

ShinyRedUmbreon

Smash Rookie
Yes, you can rechallenge the spirits in WoL. That's the main thing I don't like about the spirit board, that you can't rechallenge the spirit you lost to, or at least not right away
I’m pretty late, but did you know there was a spirit item that let you rebattle spirits in the Spirit Board?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This is a wee bit random and doesn’t entirely pertain to Ninten but it’s been something that’s bugged me for quite a bit.

I’ve heard rumors of a Jet Force Gemini spirit listed somewhere in the code. If this is true can some one verify this for me? I’m praying this isn’t just some data miner rumor like “Kumatora was a cut echo” or “Monster Hunter will be DLC.” I really wish to see this.

Side question: Does anyone have a link to the paste bin with the missing character? I’m curious to see just how early they were planned.

D

Deleted member

This is a wee bit random and doesn’t entirely pertain to Ninten but it’s been something that’s bugged me for quite a bit.

I’ve heard rumors of a Jet Force Gemini spirit listed somewhere in the code. If this is true can some one verify this for me? I’m praying this isn’t just some data miner rumor like “Kumatora was a cut echo” or “Monster Hunter will be DLC.” I really wish to see this.

Side question: Does anyone have a link to the paste bin with the missing character? I’m curious to see just how early they were planned.
I'm actually not sure about the Jet Force Gemini spirit. I haven't seen the code actually.

Other than knowing the missing character was planned for the base roster, I'm not sure about anything else regarding the missing character.

Also, I think we are going to be getting the 8 melodies as its own track as DLC. Which likely means a new Mother rep, But it wouldn't make sense for the rep to not be from Mother 1. And if the rep is from Mother 1, it's no doubt Ninten.

Are all the bits of 8 melodies in the Mother music the only Mother 1 music that is credited incorrectly?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm actually not sure about the Jet Force Gemini spirit. I haven't seen the code actually.

Other than knowing the missing character was planned for the base roster, I'm not sure about anything else regarding the missing character.

Also, I think we are going to be getting the 8 melodies as its own track as DLC. Which likely means a new Mother rep, But it wouldn't make sense for the rep to not be from Mother 1. And if the rep is from Mother 1, it's no doubt Ninten.

Are all the bits of 8 melodies in the Mother music the only Mother 1 music that is credited incorrectly?
Damn. I’ve only seen an image but it could be easily faked. That’s why it bugs me so much.

I haven’t seen Smiles and Tears yet, so I’m not 100% certain on all the tracks just quite yet.

It’s techncally credited correctly, like Keiichi Suzuki owns the composition for the Eight Melodies. I’m guessing the other Magicant mix isn’t credited outright due to Hip Tanaka working on the game which is just downright weird to me but it’s the only way I can rationalize this.

In other words, the credits are right, but the track name being altered makes it seem like it’s incorrect. This means that for whatever reason they didn’t want Eight Melodies in the title. It’s absolutely ****ing bizarre.

D

Deleted member

Damn. I’ve only seen an image but it could be easily faked. That’s why it bugs me so much.

I haven’t seen Smiles and Tears yet, so I’m not 100% certain on all the tracks just quite yet.

It’s techncally credited correctly, like Keiichi Suzuki owns the composition for the Eight Melodies. I’m guessing the other Magicant mix isn’t credited outright due to Hip Tanaka working on the game which is just downright weird to me but it’s the only way I can rationalize this.

In other words, the credits are right, but the track name being altered makes it seem like it’s incorrect. This means that for whatever reason they didn’t want Eight Melodies in the title. It’s absolutely ****ing bizarre.
Yeah this makes me really believe that 8 melodies are coming as its own track as DLC.

I'm thinking we either get more Mother 1 tracks with Ninten as a unique character as DLC, or 8 melodies is the only Mother 1 track as DLC and it comes with Ninten, who is a bonus echo and echoing Lucas, along with Porky, who is one of the 5 DLC. Even though a unique moveset represents Ninten better from the game he is from, him echoing Lucas and us getting Porky as well would be AMAZING

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking we either get more Mother 1 tracks with Ninten as a unique character as DLC, or 8 melodies is the only Mother 1 track as DLC and it comes with Ninten, who is a bonus echo and echoing Lucas, along with Porky, who is one of the 5 DLC. Even though a unique moveset represents Ninten better from the game he is from, him echoing Lucas and us getting Porky as well would be AMAZING
That would be amazing,best timeline for sure. (DLCs from franchises already in Smash could come with a bonus echo,c'mon Sakurai don't be stingy)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh **** I forgot about another weird thing involving spirits. This one actually kinda bugs me. Magearna is the last real Pokemon spirit listed unless you count Detective Pikachu. I've seen all the Alolan Pokemon spirits in game with the exception of two, and with the exception of the Fighter spirits, all Pokemon are listed not just by gen, but numerically through the order shown in the Pokedex. So I believe the logical conclusion there would be that the spirits are Solgaleo and Lunala. But... Marshadow doesn't have one...
A Pokemon that appears as a Pokeball Pokemon DOESN'T HAVE A SPIRIT.

I think it's funny how people take the guy that said "my body is ready" on the E3 stage 100% seriously on everything he says. Or in this case, take what he said out of context.
Not sure if that absence would matter. Ms. Pac-Man shows up as a background character and doesn't have a spirit either. Chances are that it could be an oversight, since a specific division of the staff picked the spirits.

Yeah, Reggie has become Giygas, apparently, since nobody can grasp the form of his attack.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would be amazing,best timeline for sure. (DLCs from franchises already in Smash could come with a bonus echo,c'mon Sakurai don't be stingy)
Exactly. And since it's a Mother 1 character, Ninten, and an Earthbound and Mother 3 character, Porky, they could come to Ultimate alongside a remake of each of the 3 Mother games coming to Switch!

If this happens, Mother fans, myself included, will be so grateful lol

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. And since it's a Mother 1 character, Ninten, and an Earthbound and Mother 3 character, Porky, they could come to Ultimate alongside a remake of each of the 3 Mother games coming to Switch!

If this happens, Mother fans, myself included, will be so grateful lol
That,or Earthbound Beginnings coming to Switch Online,I see more chances of that happening instead of a remake.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah this makes me really believe that 8 melodies are coming as its own track as DLC.

Eh I still really doubt Porky... Free echos could easily come but that wouldn’t be part of the Fighter pass, so Eight Melodies coming with Porky would be kinda weird since the character it’s for wouldn’t be in the pass itself. Though again I’d be surprised if we didn’t get some free echos like Dixie Kong and Jeanne from Bayonetta. This is just my personal take though. I could certainly be wrong.

Not sure if that absence would matter. Ms. Pac-Man shows up as a background character and doesn't have a spirit either. Chances are that it could be an oversight, since a specific division of the staff picked the spirits.

Yeah, Reggie has become Giygas, apparently, since nobody can grasp the form of his attack.
That’s a good point. I also noticed Gogoat was missing as well. Spirits just seem to be a cluster**** even though I think they’re a lot of fun for the most part.
Also Reggie Giygas for Smash when?

Wait I guess there was something from Lucas’s classic mode that is kinda interesting. Only just thought of it now. The track that plays during the credits are the Mother 3 Love Theme. Sorta expected but then I remembered Ness’s was Smiles and Tears.
Call me crazy but both those are Credit themes right? Like I remember the M3 Love theme playing throughout most of the credits of Mother 3...

D

Deleted member

That,or Earthbound Beginnings coming to Switch Online,I see more chances of that happening instead of a remake.
Yeah, true. Hoping for a remake though :)

Eh I still really doubt Porky... Free echos could easily come but that wouldn’t be part of the Fighter pass, so Eight Melodies coming with Porky would be kinda weird since the character it’s for wouldn’t be in the pass itself. Though again I’d be surprised if we didn’t get some free echos like Dixie Kong and Jeanne from Bayonetta. This is just my personal take though. I could certainly be wrong.

That’s a good point. I also noticed Gogoat was missing as well. Spirits just seem to be a cluster**** even though I think they’re a lot of fun for the most part.
Also Reggie Giygas for Smash when?

Wait I guess there was something from Lucas’s classic mode that is kinda interesting. Only just thought of it now. The track that plays during the credits are the Mother 3 Love Theme. Sorta expected but then I remembered Ness’s was Smiles and Tears.
Call me crazy but both those are Credit themes right? Like I remember the M3 Love theme playing throughout most of the credits of Mother 3...
I'm not saying that Porky's chances are high, but the best timeline would be him coming along with Ninten as a bonus Lucas echo. It would be weird for Porky to come with the 8 melodies, but I think they could reveal Ninten and Porky together in a trailer, and then sort of bundle them together so that people buy them together. This just gets more and more exciting.

Reggie Giygas for Smash after Ninten and Porky join.

Maybe after Ninten and Porky join, the supporters of both those characters should support Claus/MM for Smash, then after Claus joins, everyone who supported any Mother character for Smash should support Gieugue. After Gieugue joins, then all the major Mother characters will be on the roster - Ninten, Gieugue, Ness, Lucas, Porky, and Claus/MM. Just imagine that. Ninten and Porky would be the best timeline tho.

Smiles and Tears plays during the Earthbound credits and the credits after you beat classic mode with Ness, and the Mother 3 love theme along with Mother 1's 8 melodies and Earthbound's 8 melodies play during the Mother 3 credits, and only the Mother 3 love theme plays during the credits after you beat classic mode with Lucas

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, true. Hoping for a remake though :)

I'm not saying that Porky's chances are high, but the best timeline would be him coming along with Ninten as a bonus Lucas echo. It would be weird for Porky to come with the 8 melodies, but I think they could reveal Ninten and Porky together in a trailer, and then sort of bundle them together so that people buy them together. This just gets more and more exciting.

Reggie Giygas for Smash after Ninten and Porky join.

Maybe after Ninten and Porky join, the supporters of both those characters should support Claus/MM for Smash, then after Claus joins, everyone who supported any Mother character for Smash should support Gieugue. After Gieugue joins, then all the major Mother characters will be on the roster - Ninten, Gieugue, Ness, Lucas, Porky, and Claus/MM. Just imagine that. Ninten and Porky would be the best timeline tho.

Smiles and Tears plays during the Earthbound credits and the credits after you beat classic mode with Ness, and the Mother 3 love theme along with Mother 1's 8 melodies and Earthbound's 8 melodies play during the Mother 3 credits, and only the Mother 3 love theme plays during the credits after you beat classic mode with Lucas
That would most likely raise the price of the pack though and Sakurai DID explicitly say no echos would be in the Fighter Pass, so while it would be the best possible timeline, it's very unlikely. So he'd have to be a character added though an update if that were to happen. Getting two Mother reps would be dope as hell though. (Personally I'd be super stoked for a possible Paula echo if Ness ever received one.)
It's kinda sad because before SSBU Claus I'd argue had more support than Porky did, so I'm not entirely sure what happened there. The whole "Villain bias" thing probably made them all give up.

Okay so I did remember that correctly. The Love theme played throughout the majority of it. Hmm... Wait. The Eight Melodies were the credits theme to Mother 1.... Oh yeah, the M3 Love Theme as well as Smiles and Tears are also the only Mother tracks you have to purchase in game.

This Mother content in the game is playing the six degrees of the Eight Melodies I swear to god.

D

Deleted member

That would most likely raise the price of the pack though and Sakurai DID explicitly say no echos would be in the Fighter Pass, so while it would be the best possible timeline, it's very unlikely. So he'd have to be a character added though an update if that were to happen. Getting two Mother reps would be dope as hell though. (Personally I'd be super stoked for a possible Paula echo if Ness ever received one.)
It's kinda sad because before SSBU Claus I'd argue had more support than Porky did, so I'm not entirely sure what happened there. The whole "Villain bias" thing probably made them all give up.

Okay so I did remember that correctly. The Love theme played throughout the majority of it. Hmm... Wait. The Eight Melodies were the credits theme to Mother 1.... Oh yeah, the M3 Love Theme as well as Smiles and Tears are also the only Mother tracks you have to purchase in game.

This Mother content in the game is playing the six degrees of the Eight Melodies I swear to god.
Yeah, he did say no echos in the fighter pass, but I'm thinking that there could be an echo pass, separate from the fighter pass, but a separate pass with only echo fighters, but to just announce Ninten and Porky together. Paula would be a really cool Ness echo. The only thing to change is the bat to a frying pan though.

I will never be able to stop saying "the music situation keeps getting weirder and weirder."

At this point I'm just waiting to see the 8 melodies show up as a DLC music track. And, Ninten's likeliness....it's shot up from this. I don't know why, it's mainly this one music track that makes me confident he will either be a Lucas echo and a bonus echo or one of the 5 DLC fighters

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Instead of echoes that could leave the roster in a weird and uneven number,how about skins for the actual characters instead of always the Miis? Ninten could be a skin for Ness/Lucas,Alm for Marth,etc (Yeah I suppose they won't do it because that would "ruin" the original character's essence). EDIT: Even though I love Daisy,she turned out to be just a Peach skin

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Instead of echoes that could leave the roster in a weird and uneven number,how about skins for the actual characters instead of always the Miis? Ninten could be a skin for Ness/Lucas,Alm for Marth,etc (Yeah I suppose they won't do it because that would "ruin" the original character's essence)
Oh no, I need Ninten to be a character. A skin is literally just to make Ness or Lucas look like Ninten, it doesn't represent him properly. For him to be an echo and to be represented properly, he should echo Lucas. since those 2 have more in common than Ninten and Ness. And to change a few things, Ninten's grab could use a rope or the onyx hook instead of the rope snake, and instead of the PK love, Ninten could just hit physically with his aerials. Imo he would be better as a unique since he could use PK beam, 4th-D-Slip, a boomerang, Hank's bat, PK Shield, Teddy's katana (lol), and Loid's flamethrower. However, I would more than happily accept Ninten as a Lucas echo if we also get Porky.

Not a skin though. If Dark Pit and Lucina can be echo fighters even when there isn't much different between them and the character they are echoing (Pit and Marth), then Ninten has to be at least an echo

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, he did say no echos in the fighter pass, but I'm thinking that there could be an echo pass, separate from the fighter pass, but a separate pass with only echo fighters, but to just announce Ninten and Porky together. Paula would be a really cool Ness echo. The only thing to change is the bat to a frying pan though.

I will never be able to stop saying "the music situation keeps getting weirder and weirder."

At this point I'm just waiting to see the 8 melodies show up as a DLC music track. And, Ninten's likeliness....it's shot up from this. I don't know why, it's mainly this one music track that makes me confident he will either be a Lucas echo and a bonus echo or one of the 5 DLC fighters
Probs change Flash to Freeze as well for a Paula echo.

Most likely a FP character if he's the one that got cut and pushed back as an echo would be the same number as another fighter. I still need to play WOL.

There's literally no reason to remove the Eight Melodies from the title. ESPECIALLY since it credits the composer for that section of the track. This isn't a typo. This was purposely done. If Keiichi is credited in Smiles and Tears, that'd make the 3DS Magicant track extremely suspicious.

Instead of echoes that could leave the roster in a weird and uneven number,how about skins for the actual characters instead of always the Miis? Ninten could be a skin for Ness/Lucas,Alm for Marth,etc (Yeah I suppose they won't do it because that would "ruin" the original character's essence). EDIT: Even though I love Daisy,she turned out to be just a Peach skin
As much as I love the idea, I think each character is limited to 8 costume slots. I remember back in Brawl Wario had like 12 slots. Six WarioWare, and six WarioLand. Now he only has 4 each, so I'm not sure if Sakurai could or would add extra costume slots without it being unfair to other characters. Does this kinda make sense?

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I also want him to be an unique character,but as a Mother fan since 2007,you get used to getting the short end of the stick.Even if he is a skin,I would welcome Ninten with open arms

D

Deleted member

Probs change Flash to Freeze as well for a Paula echo.

Most likely a FP character if he's the one that got cut and pushed back as an echo would be the same number as another fighter. I still need to play WOL.

There's literally no reason to remove the Eight Melodies from the title. ESPECIALLY since it credits the composer for that section of the track. This isn't a typo. This was purposely done. If Keiichi is credited in Smiles and Tears, that'd make the 3DS Magicant track extremely suspicious.

As much as I love the idea, I think each character is limited to 8 costume slots. I remember back in Brawl Wario had like 12 slots. Six WarioWare, and six WarioLand. Now he only has 4 each, so I'm not sure if Sakurai could or would add extra costume slots without it being unfair to other characters. Does this kinda make sense?
I would NOT love the idea of Ninten being an alt. He is much more deserving of, at the very least, an echo slot.

Yeah the music. They are probably going to credit him for the 8 melodies track as DLC.

If Keiichi is credited in Smiles and Tears then Ninten is confirmed

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I also want him to be an unique character,but as a Mother fan since 2007,you get used to getting the short end of the stick.Even if he is a skin,I would welcome Ninten with open arms
I would NOT love the idea of Ninten being an alt. He is much more deserving of, at the very least, an echo slot.

Yeah the music. They are probably going to credit him for the 8 melodies track as DLC.

If Keiichi is credited in Smiles and Tears then Ninten is confirmed
I more or less meant I love the idea of additional costumes. (Pajama Ness plz it'd be adorable) If worst comes to worst (which I kinda doubt at this point) I would accept a Ninten alt if it's literally impossible for him to be a character. Even if it's kinda painful.

I still personally wouldn't call him a lock just yet though as getting the short end of the stick like Mad Duck said is pretty accurate. Heh believe me, I've been a Mother fan since 2008/2009 I think... So yeah, I really do get where you're coming from Mad Duck. I outright thought Lucas as DLC was a cruel April Fools prank myself at first. We get the shaft quite a bit so I certainly understand having doubts. Which is why I'm not going to say he's a 100% lock.

However at this point in time he's easily one of the most if not the most likely of the first parties. I don't recall this many suspicious happenings involving EB since Brawl, and with DLC being a possibility this time, it's certainly something to think about.

D

Deleted member

I more or less meant I love the idea of additional costumes. (Pajama Ness plz it'd be adorable) If worst comes to worst (which I kinda doubt at this point) I would accept a Ninten alt if it's literally impossible for him to be a character. Even if it's kinda painful.

I still personally wouldn't call him a lock just yet though as getting the short end of the stick like Mad Duck said is pretty accurate. Heh believe me, I've been a Mother fan since 2008/2009 I think... So yeah, I really do get where you're coming from Mad Duck. I outright thought Lucas as DLC was a cruel April Fools prank myself at first. We get the shaft quite a bit so I certainly understand having doubts. Which is why I'm not going to say he's a 100% lock.

However at this point in time he's easily one of the most if not the most likely of the first parties. I don't recall this many suspicious happenings involving EB since Brawl, and with DLC being a possibility this time, it's certainly something to think about.
I agree. Even if Ninten can't be an echo or unique, an alt is better than nothing.

That's also a good point about not calling characters locks lol. However, I think Ninten can't just be an alt because the 8 melodies won't make sense to come with anyone other than Ninten. It would only make sense for it to come with Ninten being either an echo or a unique.

I am honestly feeling really good about him. I'd actually be surprised if he doesn't come in a playable form along with the 8 melodies as its own track

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I agree. Even if Ninten can't be an echo or unique, an alt is better than nothing.

That's also a good point about not calling characters locks lol. However, I think Ninten can't just be an alt because the 8 melodies won't make sense to come with anyone other than Ninten. It would only make sense for it to come with Ninten being either an echo or a unique.

I am honestly feeling really good about him. I'd actually be surprised if he doesn't come in a playable form along with the 8 melodies as its own track
Oh no I certainly agree. I’m just super hesitant about calling characters locks, even if they’re 90% likely. It’s my inner skeptic talking is all. And I don’t think any alts for base characters are coming in the Pass so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

I remember from the very beginning I was thinking that Shadow was going to be an Assist Trophy. However everyone else was so convinced he’d be playable they influenced me against my gut feelings. So that’s why I try to say make your own judgements because sometimes the popular consensus is not always right.

I’m also feeling very good about his odds as well. I wouldn’t be digging so deep if I wasn’t! I just like having all bases covered Rather than just going with “evidence” like a missing spirit or t h o s e c h a i r s.

D

Deleted member

Oh no I certainly agree. I’m just super hesitant about calling characters locks, even if they’re 90% likely. It’s my inner skeptic talking is all. And I don’t think any alts for base characters are coming in the Pass so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

I remember from the very beginning I was thinking that Shadow was going to be an Assist Trophy. However everyone else was so convinced he’d be playable they influenced me against my gut feelings. So that’s why I try to say make your own judgements because sometimes the popular consensus is not always right.

I’m also feeling very good about his odds as well. I wouldn’t be digging so deep if I wasn’t! I just like having all bases covered Rather than just going with “evidence” like a missing spirit or t h o s e c h a i r s.
I am doubting alts as DLC too.

Again, another good point. After the Grinch leak being fake, Isaac and Shadow being assists, and Joker, there is no correct judgement. If anyone feels like a character is likely, then that is their opinion, and if anyone feels a character is unlikely, then, again, that is their opinion.

Thanks for digging up all this evidence lol, it's made me really confident in our boy. And it's not fake evidence. It's e v i d e n c e. No speewit or chaarz are just....n o

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I am doubting alts as DLC too.

Again, another good point. After the Grinch leak being fake, Isaac and Shadow being assists, and Joker, there is no correct judgement. If anyone feels like a character is likely, then that is their opinion, and if anyone feels a character is unlikely, then, again, that is their opinion.

Thanks for digging up all this evidence lol, it's made me really confident in our boy. And it's not fake evidence. It's e v i d e n c e. No speewit or chaarz are just....n o
I also thought Chrom would remain in Robin’s Final Smash. So I was... Half right I think? Heh...

“But muh Insiders” No insider knew about Dark Samus or Richter so I’m not sure why people think think they know absolutely everything. DLC Especially seems like a completely new beast entirely. I think just about all of us are completely in the dark and all we can really do is make personal judgements and guess. I will say this though, I’m almost positive that missing character isn’t Erdrick if he’s in. No way a character with that many different companies with ownership of his was planned and put into base.

BWD didn’t have a trophy in Smash 4... DLC CONFIRMED. And no prob about digging up evidence. It was originally just a personal endeavor, but after a while I felt like people should at least be aware of what I found.

D

Deleted member

I also thought Chrom would remain in Robin’s Final Smash. So I was... Half right I think? Heh...

“But muh Insiders” No insider knew about Dark Samus or Richter so I’m not sure why people think think they know absolutely everything. DLC Especially seems like a completely new beast entirely. I think just about all of us are completely in the dark and all we can really do is make personal judgements and guess. I will say this though, I’m almost positive that missing character isn’t Erdrick if he’s in. No way a character with that many different companies with ownership of his was planned and put into base.

BWD didn’t have a trophy in Smash 4... DLC CONFIRMED. And no prob about digging up evidence. It was originally just a personal endeavor, but after a while I felt like people should at least be aware of what I found.
I've just completely disregarded what insiders say. None of them know the DLC. And after the SE rep not being first, the Grinch leak, and Joker, likeliness shouldn't be based off of what insiders say.

You were right to share with people what you found :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I've just completely disregarded what insiders say. None of them know the DLC. And after the SE rep not being first, the Grinch leak, and Joker, likeliness shouldn't be based off of what insiders say.

You were right to share with people what you found :)
The fact that EVERY insider is cashing all there chips on Erdrick to me is suspicious as hell. Never has every known insider agreed on everything. Especially the Cloud guy leaking his name without secretive hints? S u s p i c i o u s. Part of me wants the SE rep to be a Chocobo so everyone is back to square one and gatekeeping because muh leaks can finally die off. I thought Joker would have brought us back to square one but nooooooooope. Leakers are doubling down even more and fan rules for some reason aren’t dead yet.

Vault boy was considered likely at one point according to Gamefaqs. I... Wish I was making that up...

Maybe it’s a good thing this thread is quiet and the info isn’t super widespread. That way if Ninten is in he truly would be a surprise. ;)

NathanD

Smash Rookie
I would prefer Duster from mother 3. Very unique kit, we could get some bass action/wall Staples/siren beetle.

Plus I want to kick some butt with the handicap man people say is useless.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I would prefer Duster from mother 3. Very unique kit, we could get some bass action/wall Staples/siren beetle.

Duster's a cool dude. I'm kinda sad he didn't at least get an assist because I REALLY wanted to see a CG render of him.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Actually the character I want the most from the Mother series is Ana,Ninten might be the closest to that (please have a pink color swap if he gets in). Well,to be honest I want any party member playable lol,especially the ones from the first game.

D

Deleted member

Duster was initially my second most wanted character, and my most wanted character from the Mother series! The character I wanted from the Mother series has changed over time lol. After Duster, it became Claus/MM, and, now my most wanted Mother rep for the longest time, Ninten. If Ninten can't be the Mother rep, my next pick would be Duster

Actually the character I want the most from the Mother series is Ana,Ninten might be the closest to that (please have a pink color swap if he gets in). Well,to be honest I want any party member playable lol,especially the ones from the first game.
I think Ninten would definitely have an Ana alt if he is in. Ana would be cool :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Actually...
the chairs turned out to be true, just not for PLAYABLE characters. Pay close attention to Ghaleem and Dharkon when they die.

Apart from that, I did some research and found a Gamefaqs post that talks about the stray data in question: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77243405
https://pastebin.com/aZxKwGHJ

Top Bottom