• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Being an uninteresting boss is extremely subjective, so you can't use it as a point. None of my arguments are opinions unless otherwise stated, so I'd like for you to point out which ones specifically are opinionated instead of dismissing them time and time again is mere opinions.

Also, how can you say "not everyone played Brawl"? Not everyone played Earthbound beginnings, the argument works both ways. It's extremely hypocritical since even LESS people played the first Mother game. Also, Brawl was the bestselling Smash game by nearly 4 million, so you should really look into your points before throwing them out there.

Appealing to casuals most certainly makes sense, because although Joker is somewhat niche, it's not like Persona 5 is completely unknown. Persona has a relatively large following, and even people who didn't play it were excited because of the surprise element. You do make a fair point, but bear in mind they're not going for completely niche and obscure choices, only moderately niche. And I didn't say appealing to casuals, I said MORE appealing to casuals. MORE appealing than Ninten.

Porky has absolutely nothing in common with anyone you said, and the only the he'd have that's similar is deploying mechs from his machine, which would still be different because they launch out and not waddle. You didn't even mention how they'd be similar, so feel free to elaborate on that, but I think even you know your stretching it with this one. Here's a concept art for a Porky moveset:

So anyway, you're very much incorrect about it spoiling anything. If that's the case, Sheik wouldn't be incessantly hinted at being a "she" and Porky would still have a representation for his Brawl form. Also, having the ASC and Porky spirit separate still doesn't spoil anything, since there's no implication.

Also, even if Itoi allows certain characters, I'm sure Itoi would much prefer Porky over Ninten. He even stated that Porky is his favorite character in the Mother franchise (Source), and my aforementioned reasons as to why Porky would likely get in over Ninten you've yet to counter, and I'm still holding them true.

Your point about Mother 1 is absolutely redundant, because Porky would probably come from Mother 3 before Ninten, especially since he's actually in the game. You've also counteracted yourself in saying this, because you just said Reggie is looking for a surprise. Mother 3 would be the main surprise, and both characters would be equally surprising. The thing is, more people know Porky, so more people would be positively surprised than just "I'm definitely surprised, but I have no idea who this guy is".
Um, my point is not everyone has played Brawl? Just because something is a best seller doesn’t mean everyone is aware of all the content in it.

Mother isn’t an unknown either, but here’s the thing: We don’t know the DLC choices. We can make educated guesses, but basing everything off Joker is rather dumb

I could give you a completely unique Ninten moveset as well. Moveset potential like being an uninteresting boss is subjective like you said.

Itoi doesn’t own Sheik. Sheik is a whole different beast seeing her rights are owned by someone else. All Mother content must go through Itoi first. And what we have for spirits in the Base Game is what Itoi approved to be in the base game. Since the DLC was chosen a while ago, I don’t think him changing his mind is very likely.

Just because Porky is his favorite character doesn’t mean he’d automatically add him in. Sakurai has Waluigi as one of his favorite Mario characters and he’s an Assist.

My point was that the character coming with Mother 3 doesn’t have to be from Mother 3. Lucas came with Mother 1. I didn’t counter argue myself because I never said Mother 3 wouldn’t be a surprise. I said if Mother 3 came with Porky it wouldn’t be a surprise as he would be an obvious shill.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree as neither of us are going to budge on this. Your points are all opinionated and just assume Itoi is okay with x thing in Smash.

I’m sorry but there’s no point in arguing further as again your opinions aren’t facts and neither are mine. You think Porky is more likely, I think Ninten is more likely.

It’s okay to not agree with someone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Being an uninteresting boss is extremely subjective, so you can't use it as a point. None of my arguments are opinions unless otherwise stated, so I'd like for you to point out which ones specifically are opinionated instead of dismissing them time and time again is mere opinions.

Also, how can you say "not everyone played Brawl"? Not everyone played Earthbound beginnings, the argument works both ways. It's extremely hypocritical since even LESS people played the first Mother game. Also, Brawl was the bestselling Smash game by nearly 4 million, so you should really look into your points before throwing them out there.

Appealing to casuals most certainly makes sense, because although Joker is somewhat niche, it's not like Persona 5 is completely unknown. Persona has a relatively large following, and even people who didn't play it were excited because of the surprise element. You do make a fair point, but bear in mind they're not going for completely niche and obscure choices, only moderately niche. And I didn't say appealing to casuals, I said MORE appealing to casuals. MORE appealing than Ninten.

Porky has absolutely nothing in common with anyone you said, and the only the he'd have that's similar is deploying mechs from his machine, which would still be different because they launch out and not waddle. You didn't even mention how they'd be similar, so feel free to elaborate on that, but I think even you know your stretching it with this one. Here's a concept art for a Porky moveset:

So anyway, you're very much incorrect about it spoiling anything. If that's the case, Sheik wouldn't be incessantly hinted at being a "she" and Porky would still have a representation for his Brawl form. Also, having the ASC and Porky spirit separate still doesn't spoil anything, since there's no implication.

Also, even if Itoi allows certain characters, I'm sure Itoi would much prefer Porky over Ninten. He even stated that Porky is his favorite character in the Mother franchise (Source), and my aforementioned reasons as to why Porky would likely get in over Ninten you've yet to counter, and I'm still holding them true.

Your point about Mother 1 is absolutely redundant, because Porky would probably come from Mother 3 before Ninten, especially since he's actually in the game. You've also counteracted yourself in saying this, because you just said Reggie is looking for a surprise. Mother 3 would be the main surprise, and both characters would be equally surprising. The thing is, more people know Porky, so more people would be positively surprised than just "I'm definitely surprised, but I have no idea who this guy is".
Sheik's gender isn't a spoiler because people can access the game she is from, and Itoi could just be someone who doesn't like his games to be spoiled.

Persona is a franchise with a large following, and so is the Mother series. Joker doesn't appeal to casual audiences, less so than other choices from the Persona series. However, if Joker doesn't appeal to the casual audience as much as other choices from the series, why did he get picked over other choices? Because appealing more to casual audiences does not equal more likely or more deserving of the spot.

Remember that Lucas was DLC in Smash 4 with Mother 1 being localized shortly after. Again, it isn't a stretch for Ninten to come with Mother 3. If it was a huge deal, then, again, it wouldn't make sense for Lucas to come with Mother 1, but he did

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Um, my point is not everyone has played Brawl? Just because something is a best seller doesn’t mean everyone is aware of all the content in it.

Mother isn’t an unknown either, but here’s the thing: We don’t know the DLC choices. We can make educated guesses, but basing everything off Joker is rather dumb

I could give you a completely unique Ninten moveset as well. Moveset potential like being an uninteresting boss is subjective like you said.

Itoi doesn’t own Sheik. Sheik is a whole different beast seeing her rights are owned by someone else. All Mother content must go through Itoi first. And what we have for spirits in the Base Game is what Itoi approved to be in the base game. Since the DLC was chosen a while ago, I don’t think him changing his mind is very likely.

Just because Porky is his favorite character doesn’t mean he’d automatically add him in. Sakurai has Waluigi as one of his favorite Mario characters and he’s an Assist.

My point was that the character coming with Mother 3 doesn’t have to be from Mother 3. Lucas came with Mother 1. I didn’t counter argue myself because I never said Mother 3 wouldn’t be a surprise. I said if Mother 3 came with Porky it wouldn’t be a surprise as he would be an obvious shill.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree as neither of us are going to budge on this. Your points are all opinionated and just assume Itoi is okay with x thing in Smash.

I’m sorry but there’s no point in arguing further.
There isn't, but I will anyway.

First and foremost, you've misconstrued my every word. I know your point was not everyone has played Brawl, but if you looked, I said more people played it than Mother 1.

I never said it was unknown, I said it was more unknown in comparison to the series's other entries.

I never said moveset potential is subjective afaik, and if I did, go ahead and quote me on it. I said appeal is subjective. Also, my point was that although Ninten could very easily be unique, so could Lucas, and look what happened to him.

Sheik was used for comparison, and you missed my point. I just said that all their movesets were largely fabricated and not really related to their game.

Again, I never said he would. I said that Itoi would most likely be more okay with Porky than Ninten, and you've once again neglected to counter any of my arguments about Ninten apart from dismissing them as opinions. By the way, I'll ask you once more, TELL ME SPECIFICALLY WHERE MY POINTS ARE OPINIONS INSTEAD OF CONDESCENDINGLY SAYING THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE. YOU'VE DANCED AROUND MY EVERY POINT AND SELECTIVELY WORKED YOUR WAY TO REMOTE CREDIBILITY.

Also, ANYONE coming with Mother 3 would be a surprise, because Mother 3 would be a MASSIVE surprise in and of itself.

Sheik's gender isn't a spoiler because people can access the game she is from, and Itoi could just be someone who doesn't like his games to be spoiled.

Persona is a franchise with a large following, and so is the Mother series. Joker doesn't appeal to casual audiences, less so than other choices from the Persona series. However, if Joker doesn't appeal to the casual audience as much as other choices from the series, why did he get picked over other choices? Because appealing more to casual audiences does not equal more likely or more deserving of the spot.

Remember that Lucas was DLC in Smash 4 with Mother 1 being localized shortly after. Again, it isn't a stretch for Ninten to come with Mother 3. If it was a huge deal, then, again, it wouldn't make sense for Lucas to come with Mother 1, but he did
Just because they can access it doesn't mean they've played it. They could be interested in Sheik, want her game of origin, but Smash gave away that Sheik is Zelda in one of the tips in the waiting screens.

You can't go and say "Persona has a large following" and then "Joker doesn't appeal to casual audiences". It's hypocritical. Also, I'm sure you would know as well as I that the Persona fanbase is most likely a lot larger than Mother's. Joker isn't entirely unknown to casuals, and don't forget that many casuals like to bandwagon. Joker was revealed at the Game Awards because everyone there almost definitely knew who Joker was (he was literally in the Awards last year), and since that generated a lot of hype, it rubs onto casuals. What's more, Joker isn't from a super niche game. Persona 5 won a few GotYs last year, whereas Ninten is SIGNIFICANTLY more obscure than Joker. Porky has had more appearances, has more of a following, is a bigger icon of Mother for being a major antagonist in 2/3 games, and isn't completely unknown, like Joker.

Also, my point before was that ANYONE coming with Mother 3 would be a surprise, because Mother 3 in general would be a surprise. Also, Nintendo is leaning more towards completing trios with villains (DK, Diddy, nd K Rool; Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley).

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

First and foremost, you've misconstrued my every word. I know your point was not everyone has played Brawl, but if you looked, I said more people played it than Mother 1.

I never said it was unknown, I said it was more unknown in comparison to the series's other entries.

I never said moveset potential is subjective afaik, and if I did, go ahead and quote me on it. I said appeal is subjective. Also, my point was that although Ninten could very easily be unique, so could Lucas, and look what happened to him.

Sheik was used for comparison, and you missed my point. I just said that all their movesets were largely fabricated and not really related to their game.

Again, I never said he would. I said that Itoi would most likely be more okay with Porky than Ninten, and you've once again neglected to counter any of my arguments about Ninten apart from dismissing them as opinions. By the way, I'll ask you once more, TELL ME SPECIFICALLY WHERE MY POINTS ARE OPINIONS INSTEAD OF CONDESCENDINGLY SAYING THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE. YOU'VE DANCED AROUND MY EVERY POINT AND SELECTIVELY WORKED YOUR WAY TO REMOTE CREDIBILITY.

First off, ANYONE coming with Mother 3 would be a surprise, because Mother 3 would be a MASSIVE surprise in and of itself.
What points did I dance around aside from not agreeing with your opinions?

D

Deleted member

First off, ANYONE coming with Mother 3 would be a surprise, because Mother 3 would be a MASSIVE surprise in and of itself.
If Lucas could be more unique but isn't, then there wouldn't be a problem with Ninten joining. Ninten has unique moveset potential on top of this. If you think he wouldn't be as unique as he could, like Lucas, then, well, Lucas is in the game, so Ninten being like this isn't a problem.

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin was referring to how we each believe that our character is more likely than the other. You have your reasons for believing that Porky is more likely than Ninten, and we have our reasons for believing that Ninten is more likely than Porky. However, the 3 of us aren't going to budge, because, well, it is our opinions on who is more likely than the other

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Listen dude. I tried to be as nice as possible, but for now the argument has ran it’s course. We’re not gonna budge.

Movesets, what’s a bigger surprise, what we think Itoi truly wants, are all just opinions. Nothing more nothing less. I’m not more valid than you and you’re not more valid than me. Let’s just chill out alright?

And coming to the Ninten thread just to say why you think Ninten isn’t likely is kinda in poor taste. It’s like going to the Geno thread and listing all the reasons why Erdrick is getting in and not Geno. I mean I get it. Just kinda caught me off guard. I’m not mad or anything.

Let’s just relax and go back to our posts okay?

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
If Lucas could be more unique but isn't, then there wouldn't be a problem with Ninten joining. Ninten has unique moveset potential on top of this. If you think he wouldn't be as unique as he could, like Lucas, then, well, Lucas is in the game, so Ninten being like this isn't a problem.

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin was referring to how we each believe that our character is more likely than the other. You have your reasons for believing that Porky is more likely than Ninten, and we have our reasons for believing that Ninten is more likely than Porky. However, the 3 of us aren't going to budge, because, well, it is our opinions on who is more likely than the other
Ninten has potential but like I said, Nintendo would probably do what they did to Lucas to Ninten, ESPECIALLY considering their similar appearances. And I never said there was a problem with Ninten being in the game, I said that Porky is just more feasible.

But yeah, I guess I'll drop it unless one of you responds. In any case, it's been fun, and I do hope that if Ninten ever gets in, he's given a more unique moveset.

What points did I dance around aside from not agreeing with your opinions?
I'm not saying agree with me, I'm saying counter properly.

I explicitly acknowledged Ninten's unique potential, but Nintendo has shown that if characters look alike in stature, they'll likely have similar movesets (i.e., Lucas and Ness. Lucas had just as much potential to be unique as Ninten, and look what happened to him. The fact that Ninten is even more similar to Ness than Lucas is even more concerning). You haven't said anything on that note except "Ninten has unique moveset potential".

I've said that Mother 1 is the most obscure in the franchise since both have had more appearances in different media, which you'd at least paid mind to but didn't elaborate whatsoever:
I said that just because Lucas comes with Mother 1 doesn't make Ninten more likely to come with Mother 3 than Porky. Nintendo has completed trios of underrepresented series with antagonists in Ultimate before protagonists, case in point, DK, Diddy Kong, and K Rool AND Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley. Also, Porky, like Joker, isn't entirely unknown, and would probably get more hype than Ninten for the simple fact that more people know him. You've yet to respond to this.

I said that just because Mother 1 is entirely unrepresented doesn't mean that Ninten will get in over Porky. Porky has more of a following, more potential for movesets (AFTER taking into account that they watered down Lucas to a Ness clone so the likelihood that they'd make someone even similar looking to Ness unique is slim), more defining of his series since he was a major antagonist in 2/3 games instead of a major protagonist in 1, AND (like Joker), he's not entirely unknown. You haven't mentioned anything regarding this,

Lastly, and most importantly, you've never pointed out which of my posts are opinion based. I told you to specifically point out which of my points were opinionated and all you gave was a snarky remark about "what have I danced around apart from not agreeing with you?" I'm not telling you to agree with me, I'm saying to take my points into account instead of choosing which points to use to make yourself sound more credible.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Ninten has potential but like I said, Nintendo would probably do what they did to Lucas to Ninten, ESPECIALLY considering their similar appearances. And I never said there was a problem with Ninten being in the game, I said that Porky is just more feasible.

But yeah, I guess I'll drop it unless one of you responds. In any case, it's been fun, and I do hope that if Ninten ever gets in, he's given a more unique moveset.
I’m sorry if I came across as brash or condescending. I’m still learning how to debate properly.

D

Deleted member

Hey, we each have our own opinions about the situation, it's okay to share them. The only problem with discussion is, for instance, trolling, which you aren't doing. It adds variety to the discussion for everyone to present their own opinions

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I’m sorry if I came across as brash or condescending. I’m still learning how to debate properly.
My bad, it's fine. The only thing I'd say is your employing the selection bias, wherein you nitpick points to use to build upon your own. You also have a tendency to stray from your original point, i.e., "Mother isn’t an unknown either, but here’s the thing: We don’t know the DLC choices. We can make educated guesses, but basing everything off Joker is rather dumb". Notice how you didn't elaborate on WHY the first game is obscure instead of just stating it and leaving it be. Whenever you pose an argument, try to be as concise as possible in every point you make.

Also, I apoloigize for being forthcoming and outright mean. I get carried away in arguments a lot, and although I can bring up some good points, I sometimes resort to insults toward the end. Very sorry about that :)

D

Deleted member

My bad, it's fine. The only thing I'd say is your employing the selection bias, wherein you nitpick points to use to build upon your own. You also have a tendency to stray from your original point, i.e., "Mother isn’t an unknown either, but here’s the thing: We don’t know the DLC choices. We can make educated guesses, but basing everything off Joker is rather dumb". Notice how you didn't elaborate on WHY the first game is obscure instead of just stating it and leaving it be. Whenever you pose an argument, try to be as concise as possible in every point you make.

Also, I apoloigize for being forthcoming and outright mean. I get carried away in arguments a lot, and although I can bring up some good points, I sometimes resort to insults toward the end. Very sorry about that :)
Like I said, it's alright, since we all have our own opinions :)

Problems are trolls, and you aren't being one, just presenting your opinions, which everyone has different opinions

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Very fair, I either don’t elaborate enough or type a six page essay. There’s like no I’m between for me heh...I’m far from the best debater, like it all makes sense in my head but I’m terrible at expressing it through words and that’s always been a weakness of mine. Typing on mobile probably doesn’t help.

It’s all good. Heated debates can make people lash out as I’m certainly guilty of that. Guess we have that in common. Have a nice day bud :)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Very fair, I either don’t elaborate enough or type a six page essay. There’s like no I’m between for me heh...I’m far from the best debater, like it all makes sense in my head but I’m terrible at expressing it through words and that’s always been a weakness of mine. Typing on mobile probably doesn’t help.

It’s all good. Heated debates can make people lash out as I’m certainly guilty of that. Guess we have that in common. Have a nice day bud :)
You as well :)

D

Deleted member

I’m aware of who he is but I’ve never finished a video of his or anything of the sort.
Well, he's played Earthbound fully, and people have been constantly requesting him to play Mother 3. He's finally playing it

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, he's played Earthbound fully, and people have been constantly requesting him to play Mother 3. He's finally playing it
Ah. I see now...

This music situation still puzzles me. Keiichi Suzuki doesn’t own the composition copyright for Magicant, but Hip Tanaka does. And in the audio CD soundtrack, Keiichi created the arrangement, but the music was composed by Tanaka...

I’m not 100% sure what to make of this.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Do you all know the gamer Vinny (Vinesauce)?
Vinesauce is one of my favorites, I watched both Vinny and Joel's playthrough of Earthbound,
so I'm really stoked that Vinny is starting to play Mother 3 now. I'm hoping Joel will do one very soon.

D

Deleted member

Ah. I see now...

This music situation still puzzles me. Keiichi Suzuki doesn’t own the composition copyright for Magicant, but Hip Tanaka does. And in the audio CD soundtrack, Keiichi created the arrangement, but the music was composed by Tanaka...

I’m not 100% sure what to make of this.
The ****ing music is at it again

Vinesauce is one of my favorites, I watched both Vinny and Joel's playthrough of Earthbound,
so I'm really stoked that Vinny is starting to play Mother 3 now. I'm hoping Joel will do one very soon.
Same. I was almost as happy as a Ninten for Smash reveal lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The ****ing music is at it again
Seriously. It's the strangest thing about the evidence for a Mother character. The devil is the details after all... And If I'm good at one thing (not debating obviously lmao), it's picking up on tiny/odd what seems to be insignificant details. Although I'm not completely positive on all the tracks yet. I was stupid and didn't purchase Smiles and Tears when I had the chance and I don't have the Mother 3 Love Theme purchased in game yet either, so I can't check the copyrights on those at the moment. Though I'm pretty sure that they are what I expect.

But yeah it seems every time I look at the music something else pops up that makes me go

GvoJt2a.jpg

Also did a bit of digging on the one other track without credits. Humoresque of a Little Dog/Buy Something Will ya was recorded by both Keiichi Suzuki and Hip Tanaka together so that might be the possibility of why that one doesn't have music credits. (Though it blows my ****ing mind that they wouldn't credit either of them especially with one working on the damn game but I digress.)

However though, this here might also be a bigger reason for the lack of credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vha0nvk8uU
^
Holy **** this is spooky right here. This is from the Dallas String Band. After looking them up, it turns out they were active during the 20's-30's. This track is from 1927. ...Any of you think the similarities were intentional? This is just like Battle with a Weak Opponent with it's similarity to Tequila. Hmm. This makes me want to chew one of my pens.

Back to the weirder one. Magicant as a track was composed by Tanaka, yet the Magicant/Eight Melodies track is credited to Suzuki despite him only having copyright to the Eight Melodies portion. Eight Melodies is no longer in the track name. It's just called Magicant (3DS/Wii U) which makes even less sense now. So he owns the composition copyright of the Eight Melodies but NOT Magicant, yet a track that they just called Magicant (3DS/Wii) distinctly has the Eight Melodies still in the track.

So in other words, the game is unintentionally crediting Magicant (3DS/Wii U) the track to the wrong person entirely if we were to judge it simply by name. Something's wrong here...

D

Deleted member

Seriously. It's the strangest thing about the evidence for a Mother character. The devil is the details after all... And If I'm good at one thing (not debating obviously lmao), it's picking up on tiny/odd what seems to be insignificant details. Although I'm not completely positive on all the tracks yet. I was stupid and didn't purchase Smiles and Tears when I had the chance and I don't have the Mother 3 Love Theme purchased in game yet either, so I can't check the copyrights on those at the moment. Though I'm pretty sure that they are what I expect.

But yeah it seems every time I look at the music something else pops up that makes me go

View attachment 184907

Also did a bit of digging on the one other track without credits. Humoresque of a Little Dog/Buy Something Will ya was recorded by both Keiichi Suzuki and Hip Tanaka together so that might be the possibility of why that one doesn't have music credits. (Though it blows my ****ing mind that they wouldn't credit either of them especially with one working on the damn game but I digress.)

However though, this here might also be a bigger reason for the lack of credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vha0nvk8uU
^
Holy **** this is spooky right here. This is from the Dallas String Band. After looking them up, it turns out they were active during the 20's-30's. This track is from 1927. ...Any of you think the similarities were intentional? This is just like Battle with a Weak Opponent with it's similarity to Tequila. Hmm. This makes me want to chew one of my pens.

Back to the weirder one. Magicant as a track was composed by Tanaka, yet the Magicant/Eight Melodies track is credited to Suzuki despite him only having copyright to the Eight Melodies portion. Eight Melodies is no longer in the track name. It's just called Magicant (3DS/Wii U) which makes even less sense now. So he owns the composition copyright of the Eight Melodies but NOT Magicant, yet a track that they just called Magicant (3DS/Wii) distinctly has the Eight Melodies still in the track.

So in other words, the game is unintentionally crediting Magicant (3DS/Wii U) the track to the wrong person entirely if we were to judge it simply by name. Something's wrong here...
I know that it is always important to credit everyone correctly for music. Maybe they are working on some certain Mother 1 tracks for a certain asthmatic psychic boy...

Btw, there is someone in the Geno thread who wants Ninten, and I think he/she would like this thread. I will go ahead and summon FLGibsonIII FLGibsonIII

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know that it is always important to credit everyone correctly for music. Maybe they are working on some certain Mother 1 tracks for a certain asthmatic psychic boy...

Btw, there is someone in the Geno thread who wants Ninten, and I think he/she would like this thread. I will go ahead and summon FLGibsonIII FLGibsonIII
That's just it. They credited the right person, but the name of the track has been altered. I knew there was something odd about the name change from the start but after looking at the composition credits... Something's up. This isn't just tiny weird things from the demo game anymore like the victory theme. This is the finished product here.

...Wait a ****ing minute. WHAT WAS THE MOTHER VICTORY THEME CHANGED TO.

D

Deleted member

That's just it. They credited the right person, but the name of the track has been altered. I knew there was something odd about the name change from the start but after looking at the composition credits... Something's up. This isn't just tiny weird things from the demo game anymore like the victory theme. This is the finished product here.

...Wait a ****ing minute. WHAT WAS THE MOTHER VICTORY THEME CHANGED TO.
This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. They are seemingly increasing everything that doesn't credit him. Now that I think about it, if there aren't any future Mother 1 tracks that credit him, the work he is credited for is extremely limited. So...wow. Ninten is a lot more likely now

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. They are seemingly increasing everything that doesn't credit him. Now that I think about it, if there aren't any future Mother 1 tracks that credit him, the work he is credited for is extremely limited. So...wow. Ninten is a lot more likely now

Buckle up buckaroo this is gonna be a bumpy ride till the next DLC character is announced.

D

Deleted member

Buckle up buckaroo this is gonna be a bumpy ride till the next DLC character is announced.
I am ready. I could honestly see Ninten being the next, 3rd, or 4th reveal. As long as he is in, I don't care which DLC character number he is revealed as :D

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I am ready. I could honestly see Ninten being the next, 3rd, or 4th reveal. As long as he is in, I don't care which DLC character number he is revealed as :D
He ain't gonna be last that's for sure. (Sadly I think that's gonna be Geno or whatever other Square rep it is because Sakurai probably wants to go out with a big bang™) Second is probably the most likely reveal time. March or April would make the most sense to me. I highly doubt in this Winter direct we're gonna be getting a new character. It's more likely that it's a Joker update.

Spring would probably be when Joker get's released so announcing the second character around that time makes sense to me.

Unreleated, but the direct where Mewtwo's reveal trailer was shown and Lucas was revealed by Iwata... That was his very last direct before he passed away... Jeez man...

D

Deleted member

He ain't gonna be last that's for sure. (Sadly I think that's gonna be Geno or whatever other Square rep it is because Sakurai probably wants to go out with a big bang™) Second is probably the most likely reveal time. March or April would make the most sense to me. I highly doubt in this Winter direct we're gonna be getting a new character. It's more likely that it's a Joker update.

Spring would probably be when Joker get's released so announcing the second character around that time makes sense to me.

Unreleated, but the direct where Mewtwo's reveal trailer was shown and Lucas was revealed by Iwata... That was his very last direct before he passed away... Jeez man...
Yeah, 2nd or 3rd seem likely. I remember that Corrin was the 2nd to last reveal. Maybe, since Ninten can work as a promotional character, he could be the 4th reveal. But yeah, unlikely that he is the last one.

That was the last direct before he passed away?

I always miss him....

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I thought Ninten was a niche pick for Smash,it's nice to see this thread,he is the character I want to be included the most. Maybe this sounds pessimistic but if he does not get a design rework,I doubt he'll get in. People would complain they are charging money for someone who looks like Ness (Although his clay model already has differences,and I'm sure this claim has been said before but I won't read 18 pages of thread :nifty:)

D

Deleted member

I thought Ninten was a niche pick for Smash,it's nice to see this thread,he is the character I want to be included the most. Maybe this sounds pessimistic but if he does not get a design rework,I doubt he'll get in. People would complain they are charging money for someone who looks like Ness (Although his clay model already has differences,and I'm sure this claim has been said before but I won't read 18 pages of thread :nifty:)
Well, for a design to look different from Ness, they can use the design from the Mother 1 Japanese commercial. It has Ninten wearing a bandana with a red, white, and blue striped shirt. The bandana is approved by Itoi. There is a novel approved by Itoi where (iIrc) Ninten wears a green and pink striped shirt, a bandana, and has blonde hair. This is a more different design, and it would be easy to tell Ninten and Ness apart from each other. And, if a redesign is absolutely necessary, then remember Pit from Brawl. Sakurai gave him a spectacular redesign, so he could do the same with Ninten.

So, Sakurai could either use the Japanese Mother 1 commercial design, the Itoi-approved novel design, or give Ninten a redesign

Last edited by a moderator:

Eruvala

Smash Rookie
tfw I am literally playing mother 3 in english on my 2ds xl right now

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Ninten thread where I throw theories at the wall nearly daily to see what sticks.

And I could guarantee that’d he’d get a redesign, as many characters in Ultimate were also redesigned to the art style of the game. I’m sure he’d look decent enough.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman

Thanks for summoning me. This seems like a pretty cool thread. A lot of people will put down Ninten because they don't like Mother 1 or just think he is a ness clone, but he is a really cool dude with a decent shot imo. Ninten is honestly my most wanted at this point with Geno as second. Also if anyone can do good redesigns, it is Sakurai.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thanks for summoning me. This seems like a pretty cool thread. A lot of people will put down Ninten because they don't like Mother 1 or just think he is a ness clone, but he is a really cool dude with a decent shot imo. Ninten is honestly my most wanted at this point with Geno as second. Also if anyone can do good redesigns, it is Sakurai.
Yeah it’s pretty chill here most of the time. A lot less chaotic than the Geno thread.

Same here with the most wanted character deal. (Though Claus has been my number 1 for years but I sadly just don’t see him happening anymore) It’s odd really. Ridley and King K Rool got in despite one being irrelevant for years to the mainstream public yet people still think all the new characters are going to be obvious shills when Joker is the first DLC. I’m... Not sure why people think characters like Ninten and Geno have no shot. Personal bias yeah sure I get that, but calling a character a never ever when the memey space pterodactyl is playable... Kinda a bold claim if you ask me.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Well, for a design to look different from Ness, they can use the design from the Mother 1 Japanese commercial. It has Ninten wearing a bandana with a red, white, and blue striped shirt. The bandana is approved by Itoi. There is a novel approved by Itoi where (iIrc) Ninten wears a green and pink striped shirt, a bandana, and has blonde hair. This is a more different design, and it would be easy to tell Ninten and Ness apart from each other. And, if a redesign is absolutely necessary, then remember Pit from Brawl. Sakurai gave him a spectacular redesign, so he could do the same with Ninten.

So, Sakurai could either use the Japanese Mother 1 commercial design, the Itoi-approved novel design, or give Ninten a redesign
I didn't know that he approved the scarf or there was a novel. I could see a Ninten redesign being an amalgamation. For hat, he could have his hat fully backwards with a tuft of hair poking out.

D

Deleted member

You are welcome :) Welcome to the thread!

I didn't know that he approved the scarf or there was a novel. I could see a Ninten redesign being an amalgamation. For hat, he could have his hat fully backwards with a tuft of hair poking out.
That's a cool idea, I never thought about that

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, the Geno thread is really burning me out quite a bit... So I'm taking a break from that thread for a while. However I'll still post here since there's a lot less stress over here. (And I still feel pretty good about Ninten)

And I don't mean to brag buuuuuuuut...

49174389_349970025796516_7987333818329595904_n.jpg

I have found #bestgirl. And she is my #bestspirt right now.

D

Deleted member

Well, the Geno thread is really burning me out quite a bit... So I'm taking a break from that thread for a while. However I'll still post here since there's a lot less stress over here. (And I still feel pretty good about Ninten)

And I don't mean to brag buuuuuuuut...

View attachment 185036

I have found #bestgirl. And she is my #bestspirt right now.
Lmao thank goodness, I thought you were taking a break from Smashboards all together.

I still need to find her and Ninten's spirits. It will take me forever to get to them on the spirit board

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Lmao thank goodness, I thought you were taking a break from Smashboards all together.

I still need to find her and Ninten's spirits. It will take me forever to get to them on the spirit board
Nah, I like it here in this thread. Gives me a place to shout my crazy conspiracies without too many people outright shutting me down. Geno thread is just stressing me the hell out right now, and I've got enough irl stress at the moment. Don't really need any more.

Paula is awesome. Both as a spirit in this game and her character as a whole. Her, Zekrom, Bandana Waddle Dee (#bandanaalliance) Groudon, and Kuma are my most used so far. Though I just got Bass, and he's one of my edgy babies so I'm gonna probably use him quite a bit too.

I did fight Hinawa. Twice. Lost miserably both times.

Top Bottom