• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Exactly.

It's also crazy how many legendary Mother spirits there are. For Mother 1, Ninten is the only legendary, for Earthbound, Paula, Ness's dad, and Jeff are legendaries, and for Mother 3, Claus, Hinawa, and ASC are legendaries.

That's 7 legendary spirits for Mother.

That's a lot.

The Claus and Hinawa spirit battles made me cry.
I’m really starting to think that there’s no spoilers in the game for a reason. In Brawl Sakurai didn’t know Mother 3 wouldn’t be coming to the states, so that’s probably why there were a ton of spoilers in SSBB. This time around though? No obvious ones anywhere so far. There’s also quite a few spirits for a Japanese only game if you think about it... More than Mother 1 that’s for sure.

D

Deleted member

I’m really starting to think that there’s no spoilers in the game for a reason. In Brawl Sakurai didn’t know Mother 3 wouldn’t be coming to the states, so that’s probably why there were a ton of spoilers in SSBB. This time around though? No obvious ones anywhere so far. There’s also quite a few spirits for a Japanese only game if you think about it... More than Mother 1 that’s for sure.
Another instance of more attention to the Mother series this time around. It's a weird jump from Smash 4 as well. Smash 4 had less content from the Mother series than Brawl and Ultimate, and I was sad about them removing New Pork City. I also never played Melee or Smash 3DS, so getting to play on Fourside and Magicant is soooo amazing.

With all this content with as little spoilers as possible along with that art created by an official staff member of Mother 3, something big could happen next year. Ninten and remastered Mother games or Mother 3 for switch? YES PLEASE

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Another instance of more attention to the Mother series this time around. It's a weird jump from Smash 4 as well. Smash 4 had less content from the Mother series than Brawl and Ultimate, and I was sad about them removing New Pork City. I also never played Melee or Smash 3DS, so getting to play on Fourside and Magicant is soooo amazing.

With all this content with as little spoilers as possible along with that art created by an official staff member of Mother 3, something big could happen next year. Ninten and remastered Mother games or Mother 3 for switch? YES PLEASE
Melee had a surprising amount of Mother content for arguably the most rushed game in the series. Two stages and trophies for each member of the Chosen 4 as well as a few others. I’d boot it up to check but I don’t feel like hooking my GameCube up Heh. I only got the 3DS version this year as it was on sale just for the hell of it and I’m still pissed that the Wii U version got stuck with Smash Tour. Smash Run on the 3DS was super fun.

It’s 2019 or never at this point for the Mother games. And I’m leaning more towards 2019 since Nintendo is well aware of how much money EB printed for them.

D

Deleted member

Melee had a surprising amount of Mother content for arguably the most rushed game in the series. Two stages and trophies for each member of the Chosen 4 as well as a few others. I’d boot it up to check but I don’t feel like hooking my GameCube up Heh. I only got the 3DS version this year as it was on sale just for the hell of it and I’m still pissed that the Wii U version got stuck with Smash Tour. Smash Run on the 3DS was super fun.

It’s 2019 or never at this point for the Mother games. And I’m leaning more towards 2019 since Nintendo is well aware of how much money EB printed for them.
And how much money it WILL print for them if they decide to localize ****ing Mother 3, or even better, remake the Mother games. It will sell. It's, like you said, one of Nintendo's biggest memes and so many people want it. If they do this, I will believe that they do anything for the fans. I remember some people in the Geno thread said Nintendo is doing their best to please the fans, which they are doing a good job, but they could go above and beyond with Mother 3.

C'mon Nintendo. Add Ninten to Smash and remake the Mother games or localize Mother 3

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
And how much money it WILL print for them if they decide to localize ****ing Mother 3, or even better, remake the Mother games. It will sell. It's, like you said, one of Nintendo's biggest memes and so many people want it. If they do this, I will believe that they do anything for the fans. I remember some people in the Geno thread said Nintendo is doing their best to please the fans, which they are doing a good job, but they could go above and beyond with Mother 3.

C'mon Nintendo. Add Ninten to Smash and remake the Mother games or localize Mother 3
I personally think it's most likely gonna happen, and I'm usually not this optimistic AT ALL. This is coming from a person that thought Lucas coming to Smash 4 was a sick April Fools prank and that EB0 getting localized was an out of season April Fools Joke. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm usually not this optimistic about situations such as these. There's too many coincidences. Also that theory that the DLC reflects characters that Sakurai personaly likes? A valid theory considering how happy he is to be working on Joker. Seeing his interest in all the Mother 1 content in past games, especially Magicant, Ninten's a decent contender. (I also recall in the Geno thread someone mentioning there's one shill rep but I could be misremembering.) Someone got cut from base and the finger is pointing at either Ninten or Geno from the current evidence.

D

Deleted member

I personally think it's most likely gonna happen, and I'm usually not this optimistic AT ALL. This is coming from a person that thought Lucas coming to Smash 4 was a sick April Fools prank and that EB0 getting localized was an out of season April Fools Joke. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm usually not this optimistic about situations such as these. There's too many coincidences. Also that theory that the DLC reflects characters that Sakurai personaly likes? A valid theory considering how happy he is to be working on Joker. Seeing his interest in all the Mother 1 content in past games, especially Magicant, Ninten's a decent contender. (I also recall in the Geno thread someone mentioning there's one shill rep but I could be misremembering.) Someone got cut from base and the finger is pointing at either Ninten or Geno from the current evidence.
Yeah, there are a lot of oddities. If Ninten was considered for Brawl, then he does have pretty decent chances.

I don't think anyone in the Geno thread said there will be one, but there could be. Hopefully it is Ninten promoting a remake of the Mother games or just Mother 3 translated.

And that is a good sign that you are optimistic :D

But yeah, if there isn't anything for the Mother series next year, I am going to be infuriated. It's literally the perfect time to add the protagonist of the game celebrating its 30th anniversary to Smash! Ness was added to Smash on the 10th anniversary of Mother 1 and EB was localized while Mother 1 wasn't, so this time, they can add Ninten!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, there are a lot of oddities. If Ninten was considered for Brawl, then he does have pretty decent chances.

I don't think anyone in the Geno thread said there will be one, but there could be. Hopefully it is Ninten promoting a remake of the Mother games or just Mother 3 translated.

And that is a good sign that you are optimistic :D

But yeah, if there isn't anything for the Mother series next year, I am going to be infuriated. It's literally the perfect time to add the protagonist of the game celebrating its 30th anniversary to Smash! Ness was added to Smash on the 10th anniversary of Mother 1 and EB was localized while Mother 1 wasn't, so this time, they can add Ninten!
I think it was during when Polarpanda was posting all their insider info in the Geno thread. Someone mentioned a shill rep I think but when I asked I remember being told that I shouldn't dig to deep and should probably back off. Either that or I imagined the whole thing. I really don't know any more. The last week of November is a blur to me. I just remember college, anxiety, sleep deprivation and getting really mad at something on Discord I don't even remember what it was though. I should really stop rambling.

If there's any Mother character that is the equivalent of Mother 3 it's Ninten. The forgotten ones. One people beleive will never leave Japan, the other overshadowed by his own successor. Smash is full of characters and references to games and characters people wouldn't even be aware of if they weren't in Smash (Like I had no god damn clue who Marth or Pit were when I got Brawl) they'd be forgotten forever. I'd bet Mother 3 wouldn't have NEARLY as many fans if Lucas didn't make his way into Brawl. So adding in Ninten would prevent him from being forgotten by the gaming community.

D

Deleted member

I think it was during when Polarpanda was posting all their insider info in the Geno thread. Someone mentioned a shill rep I think but when I asked I remember being told that I shouldn't dig to deep and should probably back off. Either that or I imagined the whole thing. I really don't know any more. The last week of November is a blur to me. I just remember college, anxiety, sleep deprivation and getting really mad at something on Discord I don't even remember what it was though. I should really stop rambling.

If there's any Mother character that is the equivalent of Mother 3 it's Ninten. The forgotten ones. One people beleive will never leave Japan, the other overshadowed by his own successor. Smash is full of characters and references to games and characters people wouldn't even be aware of if they weren't in Smash (Like I had no god damn clue who Marth or Pit were when I got Brawl) they'd be forgotten forever. I'd bet Mother 3 wouldn't have NEARLY as many fans if Lucas didn't make his way into Brawl. So adding in Ninten would prevent him from being forgotten by the gaming community.
Exactly. You can have all 3 protagonists in the game, which would lead more people to play Mother 1. That's what happened with Ness and Lucas, now it should happen with Ninten.

I am actually a lot more confident in Ninten after Joker's reveal

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Exactly. You can have all 3 protagonists in the game, which would lead more people to play Mother 1. That's what happened with Ness and Lucas, now it should happen with Ninten.

I am actually a lot more confident in Ninten after Joker's reveal
And before someone says three Mother reps is too much, three of the FE reps are from ONE GAME. I don't think one rep per Mother game is that big a deal.

I mean, it's hard to tell with one DLC character. All we have to work with is that Sakurai really likes Persona 5. There's no trends or anything yet as a trend is something recurring. All we know is that Joker is a third party and Sakurai is like a little kid in a Candy Store with how pumped he is to work on him. Though my intuition tells me that Sakurai isn't gonna go for extremely obvious shills or something really stupid.

Also I've been thinking of what Ninten would look like in Smash. At least the differences from him to Ness. That spirit of his with the Fuel Ness alt is really odd to me. (It also appeared in Paula's spirit battle for whatever reason, I have a feeling they ripped each other off since it's basically the same battle setup.) I mean, the Ness with Ness's dad isn't the Fuel alt so that tells me that it's not the "standard" since there's other alts used in different spirits. So here's what I think might be possible for Ninten's design.

–Red white and blue striped shirt
–Darker Red Bandana to contrast from the red of the shirt
–Visible Belt
–Hat flipped backwards rather than the left with a sharp part of hair sticking through the front of the cap
–Blue shoes
–Red socks
–Pac Man eyes as well as eyebrows
–Hank's Bat having a different color/design to Ness's bat

Anything else?

D

Deleted member

And before someone says three Mother reps is too much, three of the FE reps are from ONE GAME. I don't think one rep per Mother game is that big a deal.

I mean, it's hard to tell with one DLC character. All we have to work with is that Sakurai really likes Persona 5. There's no trends or anything yet as a trend is something recurring. All we know is that Joker is a third party and Sakurai is like a little kid in a Candy Store with how pumped he is to work on him. Though my intuition tells me that Sakurai isn't gonna go for extremely obvious shills or something really stupid.

Also I've been thinking of what Ninten would look like in Smash. At least the differences from him to Ness. That spirit of his with the Fuel Ness alt is really odd to me. (It also appeared in Paula's spirit battle for whatever reason, I have a feeling they ripped each other off since it's basically the same battle setup.) I mean, the Ness with Ness's dad isn't the Fuel alt so that tells me that it's not the "standard" since there's other alts used in different spirits. So here's what I think might be possible for Ninten's design.

–Visible Belt
–Hat flipped backwards rather than the left with a sharp part of hair sticking through the front of the cap
–Blue shoes
–Red socks

Anything else?
And making Ninten's stock icon similar to the icon you made!

Mother is one of the series that needs a new rep, and for that rep to complete the trinity of Mother protagonists. So in other words, Ninten needs to be in :)

Also playing Mother 3 right now in Chapter 7 and crying.

Never able to stop crying lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
And making Ninten's stock icon similar to the icon you made!

Mother is one of the series that needs a new rep, and for that rep to complete the trinity of Mother protagonists. So in other words, Ninten needs to be in :)

Also playing Mother 3 right now in Chapter 7 and crying.

Never able to stop crying lol
Y'all really dig that icon dontcha. :)

Damn. Haven't played M3 in years... I should pick that game back up and play it again. It's been a while. After I beat EB0 and get a bit further in SSBU. I first played when I was like 13 and remember bawling my eyes out at the end. Claus is best Mother character.

Also Bayonetta's fighter spirit outright says "Bayonetta" (Bayonetta 2) on it so... Why can't a new fighter just be "Fighter" (SSBU) or something. I mean Wii Fit Trainer just uses the Smash render anyway. And the more I play the more I'm like "Yep. These are just the offspring of trophies and stickers."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all really dig that icon dontcha. :)

Damn. Haven't played M3 in years... I should pick that game back up and play it again. It's been a while. After I beat EB0 and get a bit further in SSBU. I first played when I was like 13 and remember bawling my eyes out at the end. Claus is best Mother character.

Also Bayonetta's fighter spirit outright says "Bayonetta" (Bayonetta 2) on it so... Why can't a new fighter just be "Fighter" (SSBU) or something. I mean Wii Fit Trainer just uses the Smash render anyway. And the more I play the more I'm like "Yep. These are just the offspring of trophies and children."
The funny thing is that REALLY wanting Ninten is making him my favorite Mother character lol. My favorite Mother character is either him or Duster.

And yes, I love your icon :)

Just more proof of spirits not deconfirming honestly. If the rumor PolarPanda's source heard at NoA about Geno being DLC is true, then Ninten can be playable as well. They are both legendary spirits and icons after all

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The funny thing is that REALLY wanting Ninten is making him my favorite Mother character lol. My favorite Mother character is either him or Duster.

And yes, I love your icon :)

Just more proof of spirits not deconfirming honestly. If the rumor PolarPanda's source heard at NoA about Geno being DLC is true, then Ninten can be playable as well. They are both legendary spirits and icons after all
Judging on the knowledge of Lucas and EBB not getting leaked, I don't expect Ninten getting leaked at all if he's in. He'd be a huge surprise to just about everyone.

Same kinda on the fave character thing, though he's now tied with Ness for second.

Imagine telling someone back in the Smash 4 days that Lucas couldn't be DLC because he had an in game trophy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Judging on the knowledge of Lucas and EBB not getting leaked, I don't expect Ninten getting leaked at all if he's in. He'd be a huge surprise to just about everyone.

Same kinda on the fave character thing, though he's now tied with Ness for second.

Imagine telling someone back in the Smash 4 days that Lucas couldn't be DLC because he had an in game trophy.
Yeah, exactly. Especially with PolarPanda saying that no one knows the DLC, we can't really trust anyone. Even Vergeben now.

Despite not having played Mother 3, or even any of the Mother games at the time, Lucas was my 2nd favorite character in Brawl, second to Ike.

I was really sad when he was cut from the base roster of Smash 4. I was overjoyed when they added him back as DLC though. He was like the 1st DLC I bought, before any of the other DLC, since I actually didn't own Smash 4 until September 2015.

Him, Ness, and Ike are my favorite characters in the history of Smash. Ness and Lucas because of how much I love the Mother series, and Ike because of him being the first character I ever played in the Smash series.

My favorite characters will be Geno and Ninten if they join.

I love the idea of the Mother series getting back into the know for the general audience. Smash can do crazy things lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, exactly. Especially with PolarPanda saying that no one knows the DLC, we can't really trust anyone. Even Vergeben now.

Despite not having played Mother 3, or even any of the Mother games at the time, Lucas was my 2nd favorite character in Brawl, second to Ike.

I was really sad when he was cut from the base roster of Smash 4. I was overjoyed when they added him back as DLC though. He was like the 1st DLC I bought, before any of the other DLC, since I actually didn't own Smash 4 until September 2015.

Him, Ness, and Ike are my favorite characters in the history of Smash. Ness and Lucas because of how much I love the Mother series, and Ike because of him being the first character I ever played in the Smash series.

My favorite characters will be Geno and Ninten if they join.

I love the idea of the Mother series getting back into the know for the general audience. Smash can do crazy things lol
I was p i s s e d when they cut Luc from Smash 4. I nearly cried when I realized him coming back as DLC wasn't a cruel prank.

Ness caught my eye immediately when I played Brawl. (It was the first Smash game I owned. I later went and bought a copy of Melee sometime after) He shares his name with one of my pets so I was super intrigued. The others I liked playing were Dedede, Wolf, Lucas, and Pokemon Trainer. Three of them were ****ing cut in base Smash 4.

Ness introduced people to the series. Lucas gets people flustered over not getting the other games. Maybe Ninten could ironically calm the fandom by giving us what we wanted this whole time?

D

Deleted member

I was p i s s e d when they cut Luc from Smash 4. I nearly cried when I realized him coming back as DLC wasn't a cruel prank.

Ness caught my eye immediately when I played Brawl. (It was the first Smash game I owned. I later went and bought a copy of Melee sometime after) He shares his name with one of my pets so I was super intrigued. The others I liked playing were Dedede, Wolf, Lucas, and Pokemon Trainer. Three of them were ****ing cut in base Smash 4.

Ness introduced people to the series. Lucas gets people flustered over not getting the other games. Maybe Ninten could ironically calm the fandom by giving us what we wanted this whole time?
That actually fits perfectly lol. Ninten and Lucas switch out their personalities with how they make the fandom feel, matching how Lucas was DLC for Smash 4 with EBB coming to WiiU VC, and maybe Ninten coming to Ultimate as DLC with Mother 3 translated or a remake of the 3 Mother games.

I can dig this

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

–Visible Belt
–Blue shoes
–Red socks

Anything else?
I found this model while searching up Ninten's different designs interpretations. It is based off of Ninten's sprite
in the game. It's a nice looking model, I think this could be one of the possibilities for Ninten's redesign.
Also the credit goes to Noah Hayden from Artstation for making this design.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybkGbJ

D

Deleted member

I found this model while searching up Ninten's different designs interpretations. It is based off of Ninten's sprite
in the game. It's a nice looking model, I think this could be one of the possibilities for Ninten's redesign.
Ok, that is an awesome model. Only thing I would change if I could are the stripes to red, blue, and white, but otherwise, I love it

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Dang that’s certainly a different approach. I could see a few aspects of this like the bandana and the spikyness of the hair being implemented into his final design.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So the Starman battle is... Interesting. It's a metal Ness heh...

Also I've been noticing numerous odd things involving spirits. Anyone interestied in my findings?

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
First thing's first Fighter spirits can be purchased in the shop which is... Odd to me... Not only that, but you get one of Ike's Fighter Spirits from a challenge, even if you don't have him on the roster. (I didn't have him unlocked when I got the spirit.)

Weird thing 2: Wedding Mario is a fighter spirit, but Wedding Peach and Wedding Bowser are not.

Weird thing 3: EB0's Starman uses the Assist Trophy model for his spirit yet Jeff doesn't

Weird thing 4: Male Wii Fit Trainer ALSO uses a Smash Render for his Fighter Spirit.

Weird thing 5: The new update brought five new Mario spirits, but they weren't placed with the other Mario spirits. They were shoved onto the bottom of the list making the spirit count reach 1302.

Weird thing 6: One of these spirits isn't an character, location, or item. It's called River Survival and it's quite literally an event match. I have screencaps if you're interested.

I still have a ton of characters to unlock so I obviously don't know what everyone's fighter spirit looks like yet sadly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First thing's first Fighter spirits can be purchased in the shop which is... Odd to me... Not only that, but you get one of Ike's Fighter Spirits from a challenge, even if you don't have him on the roster. (I didn't have him unlocked when I got the spirit.)

Weird thing 2: Wedding Mario is a fighter spirit, but Wedding Peach and Wedding Bowser are not.

Weird thing 3: EB0's Starman uses the Assist Trophy model for his spirit yet Jeff doesn't

Weird thing 4: Male Wii Fit Trainer ALSO uses a Smash Render for his Fighter Spirit.

Weird thing 5: The new update brought five new Mario spirits, but they weren't placed with the other Mario spirits. They were shoved onto the bottom of the list making the spirit count reach 1302.

Weird thing 6: One of these spirits isn't an character, location, or item. It's called River Survival and it's quite literally an event match. I have screencaps if you're interested.

I still have a ton of characters to unlock so I obviously don't know what everyone's fighter spirit looks like yet sadly.
Yeah, it looks like the spirits do not have any rules to follow.

I am interested in screen shots btw :D

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, it looks like the spirits do not have any rules to follow.

I am interested in screen shots btw :D
Firstly here's Male Wii Fit Trainer's Fighter spirit.

Now here's the new slots for spirits.

I distinctly remember slots 1298-1302 not existing before this event. The last spirit was that Shantae villain, Risky Boots I think her name was.

This is literally the Dice Block from Mario Party right?

This is the weird one that caught be by surprise on the Spirit Board. I mean, look at it. That's literally an event not a character/item.

What the actual hell am I looking at.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Firstly here's Male Wii Fit Trainer's Fighter spirit.

Now here's the new slots for spirits.

I distinctly remember slots 1298-1302 not existing before this event. The last spirit was that Shantae villain, Risky Boots I think her name was.

This is literally the Dice Block from Mario Party right?

This is the weird one that caught be by surprise on the Spirit Board. I mean, look at it. That's literally an event not a character/item.

What the actual hell am I looking at.
This is crazy lol.

I guess Dice Block and River Survival are deconfirmed.

I don't know what to think about spirits other than them not deconfirming

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This is crazy lol.

I guess Dice Block and River Survival are deconfirmed.

I don't know what to think about spirits other than them not deconfirming
They're also not placed with the other Mario spirits meaning any new spirits will just be shoved on the bottom.

Yeah I don't think the spirit team gives a ****, they just do and make what they want.

D

Deleted member

They're also not placed with the other Mario spirits meaning any new spirits will just be shoved on the bottom.

Yeah I don't think the spirit team gives a ****, they just do and make what they want.
Exactly. Can you really add a ****ing dice because "it won't be DLC"?

Btw, since there was a character cut from the base game that is likely not PP, do you think it could be Ninten since he was added late as a spirit?

IIrc, Sakurai also stated that no characters were cut from being playable, meaning that the cut character is most likely DLC. So if Ninten is that cut character...he coming

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Exactly. Can you really add a ****ing dice because "it won't be DLC"?

Btw, since there was a character cut from the base game that is likely not PP, do you think it could be Ninten since he was added late as a spirit?

IIrc, Sakurai also stated that no characters were cut from being playable, meaning that the cut character is most likely DLC. So if Ninten is that cut character...he coming
Watch Sylux get added as a promotional spirit lmao. Also I sorta thought of something. Sakurai went out of his way to say that the base game spirits were made by others. You think this is why PP doesn't have one? Or maybe it was a roundabout way of saying "I didn't pick these so I didn't deconfirm nobody."

The finger is pointing at either him or Geno based on current evidence. Geno if he's a dlc character was probably considered but got immediately pushed back because Square really likes money. The victory theme for the character is unknown, but it's highly likely that it's a victory theme that originated in Ultimate or not in the game at all yet.

D

Deleted member

Watch Sylux get added as a promotional spirit lmao. Also I sorta thought of something. Sakurai went out of his way to say that the base game spirits were made by others. You think this is why PP doesn't have one? Or maybe it was a roundabout way of saying "I didn't pick these so I didn't deconfirm nobody."

The finger is pointing at either him or Geno based on current evidence. Geno if he's a dlc character was probably considered but got immediately pushed back because Square really likes money. The victory theme for the character is unknown, but it's highly likely that it's a victory theme that originated in Ultimate or not in the game at all yet.
Yeah, I can see Ninten having a different victory theme, which would be Ness and Lucas's victory themes from Brawl and Smash 4, or the same as Ness and Lucas's in this game.

And yeah, I could see that happening with Sylux. Maybe Porky if Mother 3 translated happens and because he wasn't added initially to avoid spoilers.

I'm actually leaning more towards Ninten being the cut character now due to how late his spirit was added.

We definitely won't know who it was, at best we will probably know that it was one of the DLC characters.

This is getting exciting lol.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can see Ninten having a different victory theme, which would be Ness and Lucas's victory themes from Brawl and Smash 4, or the same as Ness and Lucas's in this game.

And yeah, I could see that happening with Sylux. Maybe Porky if Mother 3 translated happens and because he wasn't added initially to avoid spoilers.

I'm actually leaning more towards Ninten being the cut character now due to how late his spirit was added.

We definitely won't know who it was, at best we will probably know that it was one of the DLC characters.

This is getting exciting lol.
Yeah I don't think we're gonna officially find out who it is. Though if Ninten or Geno are in, it'd be a safe bet on who it is.

If Ninten ISN'T in, I honestly wouldn't know what to make of the random oddties myself. Even Music Slot theory is on his side. There's literally only two arguments against him:

No one cares about EarthBound/it doesn't make money
There's a png file of him in the game put there by someone else.

One is objectively false and the other just gets more dumb the more you think about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I don't think we're gonna officially find out who it is. Though if Ninten or Geno are in, it'd be a safe bet on who it is.

If Ninten ISN'T in, I honestly wouldn't know what to make of the random oddties myself. Even Music Slot theory is on his side. There's literally only two arguments against him:

No one cares about EarthBound/it doesn't make money
here's a png file of him in the game put there by someone else.

One is objectively false and the other just gets more dumb the more you think about it.
I laughed and cried and hiccupped while reading this.

Thank you.

The music is mind-boggling. I like your analysis of it as well :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I laughed and cried and hiccupped while reading this.

Thank you.

The music is mind-boggling. I like your analysis of it as well :)
I'll certainly report back here if I find more spirit weirdness or EB stuff in game. (Still haven't started WOL. I just really want to beat Classic with everyone first and get all the fighter spirits from it.)

D

Deleted member

I'll certainly report back here if I find more spirit weirdness or EB stuff in game. (Still haven't started WOL. I just really want to beat Classic with everyone first and get all the fighter spirits from it.)
Thank you :D

Be sure to let us know about any oddities in Lucas's classic mode :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Uh, I don't know if this means anything but I was looking at the EB tracklist within Ultimate and I think it's probably an oversight but... In each Mother 1 and Mother 2 track there is a Composition Copyright for Keiichi Suzuki, one of the two original composers for both Mother 1 and 2. That is except for two. One is Humoresque of a Little Dog. Not sure what the deal is there but that's not the weird thing. The other track is the new Magicant track made for Ultimate. ...Um... Okay...? The other Magicant track has him credited so uh. Did they seriously forget to put his name there or something? It's literally right there.

D

Deleted member

Uh, I don't know if this means anything but I was looking at the EB tracklist within Ultimate and I think it's probably an oversight but... In each Mother 1 and Mother 2 track there is a Composition Copyright for Keiichi Suzuki, one of the two original composers for both Mother 1 and 2. That is except for two. One is Humoresque of a Little Dog. Not sure what the deal is there but that's not the weird thing. The other track is the new Magicant track made for Ultimate. ...Um... Okay...? The other Magicant track has him credited so uh. Did they seriously forget to put his name there or something? It's literally right there.
That is weird...they didn't credit him for a track in both Mother 1 and Earthbound, and they didn't credit him for a track in only Mother 1. I don't think they would forget to credit anyone, it is very important to credit them. This may be a stretch but....could he be working on new remixes for Mother 1?

You know how there are 2 tracks, one called "Magicant (3DS/WiiU)" and the other, simply "Magicant." Maybe one of the tracks for Ninten in the pass is "Humoresque of a little dog (Earthbound Beginnings)"?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is weird...they didn't credit him for a track in both Mother 1 and Earthbound, and they didn't credit him for a track in only Mother 1. I don't think they would forget to credit anyone, it is very important to credit them. This may be a stretch but....could he be working on new remixes for Mother 1?

You know how there are 2 tracks, one called "Magicant (3DS/WiiU)" and the other, simply "Magicant." Maybe one of the tracks for Ninten in the pass is "Humoresque of a little dog (Earthbound Beginnings)"?
I really have no idea. What's stranger is that he's credited for BOTH Fourside mixes so uh...

Unless maybe he owns the composition for Eight Melodies but not Magicant...? But then why not put the credits for whoever made that? I just... Am confusion.

D

Deleted member

I really have no idea. What's stranger is that he's credited for BOTH Fourside mixes so uh...

Unless maybe he owns the composition for Eight Melodies but not Magicant...? But then why not put the credits for whoever made that? I just... Am confusion.
Same. Nothing explains the Mother music tracks situation unless Ninten is playable :D

Btw, what is the hardest boss you encountered in the Mother series?

For me, it is either Kraken, Giygas, the first Masked Man battle, or Porky

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Same. Nothing explains the Mother music tracks situation unless Ninten is playable :D

Btw, what is the hardest boss you encountered in the Mother series?

For me, it is either Kraken, Giygas, the first Masked Man battle, or Porky
I'm just gonna stop thinking about the music for a while since all it's doing is stressing me out.

Hardest bosses eh? I remember the Mecha Drago giving me a bit of trouble, same with New Fassad, but the one that gives me the most anxiety fighting it is probably Ness's Nightmare to be honest.

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna stop thinking about the music for a while since all it's doing is stressing me out.

Hardest bosses eh? I remember the Mecha Drago giving me a bit of trouble, same with New Fassad, but the one that gives me the most anxiety fighting it is probably Ness's Nightmare to be honest.
The music gives me hope for Ninten!

The funny thing about Mother 1 is that the enemies are harder to fight than they are supposed to be, and the bosses are easier than they are supposed to be. But, because of that, I love the game lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The music gives me hope for Ninten!

The funny thing about Mother 1 is that the enemies are harder to fight than they are supposed to be, and the bosses are easier than they are supposed to be. But, because of that, I love the game lol
That's for sure. I remember when I got PK Freeze gamma and thought to myself, "I wonder if this works on bosses..." Then proceeded to kill the Magicant dragon in two hits.

Taking a bit of a break from actually playing Smash Ultimate for a bit to organise my portfolio today so there probs won't be any new semi important updates from me today.

Top Bottom