• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Actually...
the chairs turned out to be true, just not for PLAYABLE characters. Pay close attention to Ghaleem and Dharkon when they die.

Apart from that, I did some research and found a Gamefaqs post that talks about the stray data in question: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77243405
https://pastebin.com/aZxKwGHJ
OH MY GOD THANK YOU.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.26.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.27.19 PM.png

...Well I'll be damned... They really are there... Thank you so much dude!!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
....Wait a minute... HOLD UP. These are NOT just for spirits...

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.56.03 PM.png

OH **** THESE TITLES WERE IN MUSIC. HOOOOOOOLY....

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The thing is... If there were Jet Force Gemini spirits planned... There would be missing holes in the Spirit datamine list... Trust me I've checked that thing a bunch. There wasn't any JFG or Blast Corps spirits there, and I certainly didn't see any empty slots...

...Mother of god... They might have been titles for cut music tracks...

D

Deleted member

The thing is... If there were Jet Force Gemini spirits planned... There would be missing holes in the Spirit datamine list... Trust me I've checked that thing a bunch. There wasn't any JFG or Blast Corps spirits there, and I certainly didn't see any empty slots...

...Mother of god... They might have been titles for cut music tracks...
That is weird. That is really weird.

Do you think it might have been music tracks for the "other" section in the music?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is weird. That is really weird.

Do you think it might have been music tracks for the "other" section in the music?
That'd be my guess if they were music tracks since they are separate franchises. This doesn't automatically mean that Banjo or another Rare character is missing character 70, especially since that'd mean there'd have to be a Banjo title already in the game as well most likely. Because there's no way other Rare titles that aren't Banjo would get titles and music before the one with a playable character does. But the lack of a Banjo title only makes this MORE weird... Chances are this is like how the Rhythm Heaven icon file was still found in Smash 4. This was something entered a looooooooooong time ago in the very early planning stages most likely.

My personal guess? Either they were planned to get music but then two seconds later they went "oh crap we don't own those games" which would be... pretty stupid not gonna lie. Or, they were in cahoots with Microsoft and they pulled out super early or made them make a Smash character as DLC in order to use it.

In other words... I HAVE NO GENUINE IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT HERE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That'd be my guess if they were music tracks since they are separate franchises. This doesn't automatically mean that Banjo or another Rare character is missing character 70, especially since that'd mean there'd have to be a Banjo title already in the game as well most likely. Because there's no way other Rare titles that aren't Banjo would get titles and music before the one with a playable character does. But the lack of a Banjo title only makes this MORE weird... Chances are this is like how the Rhythm Heaven icon file was still found in Smash 4. This was something entered a looooooooooong time ago in the very early planning stages most likely.

My personal guess? Either they were planned to get music but then two seconds later they went "oh crap we don't own those games" which would be... pretty stupid not gonna lie. Or, they were in cahoots with Microsoft and they pulled out super early or made them make a Smash character as DLC in order to use it.

In other words... I HAVE NO GENUINE IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT HERE.
So this means that whoever the missing character is, the title of the series they are from is already in the game?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So this means that whoever the missing character is, the title of the series they are from is already in the game?
Not necessarily. My point was if it was Banjo, there'd be absolutely no way JFG would get a title before him. That would just be... Weird... As that would mean random music track titles took precendent over a fighter. But it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility... Honestly this is making my head spin...

If I could just find the pastebin with the character data... It certainly won't tell me who it is obviously, but there could certainly be some clues as to how early the character was added and everything.

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily. My point was if it was Banjo, there'd be absolutely no way JFG would get a title before him. That would just be... Weird... As that would mean random music track titles took precendent over a fighter. But it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility... Honestly this is making my head spin...

If I could just find the pastebin with the character data... It certainly won't tell me who it is obviously, but there could certainly be some clues as to how early the character was added and everything.
True. That is a good point. This is making my head spin too lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
True. That is a good point. This is making my head spin too lol
Proof that it's both spirits and music titles right here.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.19.04 PM.png

Though the more I think about it, it is decently likely that the character is from one of the in game titles. I just need to see when that character was added... It's most likely a first party character or a third party character chosen around super early 2016 that got cut and pushed to DLC. Also in case you're wondering due to Geno and Mallow being spirits...

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.18.42 PM.png

Mario RPG got a title obviously.

Though that Chun Li theory I heard is extremely dumb. I mean... Sakurai could come up with a moveset for Wii Fit Trainer in a fighting game but not a character from a fighting game that's already represented? Yeah imma say that's a bunch of bull. Ken was clearly not a last minute choice due to sharing a cinematic with Incineroar. Chrom on the other hand? Yeeeeeaaaah everything about him screams "last minute addition."

Honestly, it could be some rando like Monokuma for all we know. But I am leaning more towards something with a title already in the game. Don't quote me as fact though.

D

Deleted member

Proof that it's both spirits and music titles right here.

View attachment 185325

Though the more I think about it, it is decently likely that the character is from one of the in game titles. I just need to see when that character was added... It's most likely a first party character or a third party character chosen around super early 2016 that got cut and pushed to DLC. Also in case you're wondering due to Geno and Mallow being spirits...

View attachment 185326

Mario RPG got a title obviously.

Though that Chun Li theory I heard is extremely dumb. I mean... Sakurai could come up with a moveset for Wii Fit Trainer in a fighting game but not a character from a fighting game that's already represented? Yeah imma say that's a bunch of bull. Ken was clearly not a last minute choice due to sharing a cinematic with Incineroar. Chrom on the other hand? Yeeeeeaaaah everything about him screams "last minute addition."

Honestly, it could be some rando like Monokuma for all we know. But I am leaning more towards something with a title already in the game. Don't quote me as fact though.
This is certainly interesting.

Yeah, I've already put that Chun Li being cut theory in the garbage a while back.

One interesting thing: Earthbound Beginnings got its own separate title. Is it because the music tracks from EBB are listed as music tracks from EBB? Or are they just listed as EB music in the game?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This is certainly interesting.

Yeah, I've already put that Chun Li being cut theory in the garbage a while back.

One interesting thing: Earthbound Beginnings got its own separate title. Is it because the music tracks from EBB are listed as music tracks from EBB? Or are they just listed as EB music in the game?
They’re listed as EBB in the music section. That right there tells me that the stage “Magicant” having EB as it’s title was an aesthetic choice. Especially since both versions of the music are listed as EBB.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They’re listed as EBB in the music section. That right there tells me that the stage “Magicant” having EB as it’s title was an aesthetic choice. Especially since both versions of the music are listed as EBB.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

And Mother 3 is a title because New Pork City has Mother 3 as it's title, right?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

And Mother 3 is a title because New Pork City has Mother 3 as it's title, right?
It more likely has to do with all the Mother 3 tracks in game being labeled “Mother 3” but that being in addition to the tracks makes sense to me. New Pork was labeled EarthBound in Brawl so it being called Mother 3 now is quite interesting...

D

Deleted member

It more likely has to do with all the Mother 3 tracks in game being labeled “Mother 3” but that being in addition to the tracks makes sense to me. New Pork was labeled EarthBound in Brawl so it being called Mother 3 now is quite interesting...
Quite interesting indeed :)

It seems like they are trying to distinguish each specific game of the series a bit more

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Quite interesting indeed :)

It seems like they are trying to distinguish each specific game of the series a bit more
I’m telling ya man, it’s always music. That seems to be the core theme of suspicion here. Especially with the realization that Blast Corps and JFG were more likely music track titles.

There’s something else rather bizarre about the music datamine. Some tracks listed in the cut section of the list weren’t cut at all! The Wild Pokemon Battle theme from Diamond and Pearl was under the cut track list, but I unlocked it and it’s present in the Pokemon music list.

I have absolutely no idea how to rationalize this or even give a good reason for how this is even possible.

D

Deleted member

I’m telling ya man, it’s always music. That seems to be the core theme of suspicion here. Especially with the realization that Blast Corps and JFG were more likely music track titles.

There’s something else rather bizarre about the music datamine. Some tracks listed in the cut section of the list weren’t cut at all! The Wild Pokemon Battle theme from Diamond and Pearl was under the cut track list, but I unlocked it and it’s present in the Pokemon music list.

I have absolutely no idea how to rationalize this or even give a good reason for how this is even possible.
Me neither

Btw (I know I say that a lot lol), I found this god tier fanart: https://twitter.com/mxx_gm/status/1078330719162617856

D

Deleted member

AWWWWWWEEEE!!! LOOK AT THAT CUTIE!! I love it!

I guess the only thing I can think of is that some other cut track not in the game used that as a masking title but that’s almost TOO tinfoil hat for me.
Yeah, I love the fanart lol.

I also love me some good tinfoil hat theories

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
...What...? Okay... This is absolutely bizarre... We've hit peak bizarre. The Diamond and Pearl Wild Battle Remix appears in BOTH lists. Both the tracks in the game and in the cut list. The cut one claims to be the one from Smash 4, but after listening to the Smash 4 version, it's THE SAME TRACK AS THE ONE IN SSBU. Not only that, but I went back and checked the Brawl version. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME TRACK.

what.gif

So can someone tell me why the holy mother of **** are there TWO versions of the IDENTICAL track in the data of SSBU with one being cut and mislabeled and the other in the game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...What...? Okay... This is absolutely bizarre... We've hit peak bizarre. The Diamond and Pearl Wild Battle Remix appears in BOTH lists. Both the tracks in the game and in the cut list. The cut one claims to be the one from Smash 4, but after listening to the Smash 4 version, it's THE SAME TRACK AS THE ONE IN SSBU. Not only that, but I went back and checked the Brawl version. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME TRACK.

View attachment 185371

So can someone tell me why the holy mother of **** are there TWO versions of the IDENTICAL track in the data of SSBU with one being cut and mislabeled and the other in the game?
I don't have to say anything more about how bizarre the music situation keeps getting.

Have you found the Smiles and Tears track yet?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't have to say anything more about how bizarre the music situation keeps getting.

Have you found the Smiles and Tears track yet?
Sadly no... I'm thinking the more I buy other music tracks and Mii Costumes in the shop the more likely it will pop up eventually. I will say this though. If it credit's Keiichi Suzuki since he composed that track, that would make Magicant (Wii U/3DS) the most suspicious track in the game most likely as that track would be the only one with the name/composer being incorrect. At least for Mother tracks. I don't feel like checking others as they don't matter in the context of EB. Besides this stupid Pokemon track because I have NO idea what to make of that nonsense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sadly no... I'm thinking the more I buy other music tracks and Mii Costumes in the shop the more likely it will pop up eventually. I will say this though. If it credit's Keiichi Suzuki since he composed that track, that would make Magicant (Wii U/3DS) the most suspicious track in the game most likely as that track would be the only one with the name/composer being incorrect. Besides this stupid Pokemon track because I have NO idea what to make of that nonsense.
Alright, cool.

I'm am awaiting Ninten's confirmation :)

Yeah that Pokemon track is going to give me a headache eventually

In all seriousness, it'll be an interesting wait to find out if Ninten is DLC, since, from what we have seen, Mother content is the least likely content to get leaked

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright, cool.

I'm am awaiting Ninten's confirmation :)

Yeah that Pokemon track is going to give me a headache eventually

In all seriousness, it'll be an interesting wait to find out if Ninten is DLC, since, from what we have seen, Mother content is the least likely content to get leaked
It already has given me a headache. There has to be someway to rationalize this... Ugh my head hurts... Too many rabbit holes have sprung up the past few days.

Yeah, there has been any "real leaks" since Verge's Mother 3 leak as the others are all unsubstantiated 4Chan rumors. The fact that Verge has said pretty much nothing about M3 since his post in late 2017 is also strange.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It already has given me a headache. There has to be someway to rationalize this... Ugh my head hurts... Too many rabbit holes have sprung up the past few days.

Yeah, there has been any "real leaks" since Verge's Mother 3 leak as the others are all unsubstantiated 4Chan rumors. The fact that Verge has said pretty much nothing about M3 since his post in late 2017 is also strange.
Did he say anything about the games he leaked like TWEWY before they were (technically) revealed, but after his first post about those games?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Did he say anything about the games he leaked like TWEWY before they were (technically) revealed, but after his first post about those games?
Not sure, but I remember reading a Gamefaqs post basically calling him out on the M3 leak and from my understanding nothing came of it.

D

Deleted member

Not sure, but I remember reading a Gamefaqs post basically calling him out on the M3 leak and from my understanding nothing came of it.
That is certainly interesting. Since Joker, at the latest, had to be decided by December 2017 so he could be revealed December 2018, a new Mother rep could have very well been decided at that time. If the cut character has any data involving that time, then we could have something big at our hands

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is certainly interesting. Since Joker, at the latest, had to be decided by December 2017 so he could be revealed December 2018, a new Mother rep could have very well been decided at that time. If the cut character has any data involving that time, then we could have something big at our hands
I do know one thing for sure...
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-persona-5s-joker-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
That character ain't Joker.

Chances are no 70 was decided waaaaaaaaaay back, but it honestly all depends on what I can glean from seeing the character data pastebin. I'm willing to bet due to how early it was, they probably got taken out sometime in 2016 but all I can do is make an educated guess. If they were placed before some characters on the roster, then I'd say Title Theory is 90% true for who the character is. The pastebin HAS to exist... I know it does... They even said the character was supposed to get a victory theme but no one is for sure certain what it even is.

Also check this out.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.31.40 PM.png

This is from an interview back in November. The characters that became enhanced spirits were seemingly obvious. Yet Claus and Masked Man despite Sakurai and the Smash team obviously knowing the relation, are not enhancable.

HMMM....

D

Deleted member

I do know one thing for sure...
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-persona-5s-joker-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
That character ain't Joker.

Chances are no 70 was decided waaaaaaaaaay back, but it honestly all depends on what I can glean from seeing the character data pastebin. I'm willing to bet due to how early it was, they probably got taken out sometime in 2016 but all I can do is make an educated guess. If they were placed before some characters on the roster, then I'd say Title Theory is 90% true for who the character is. The pastebin HAS to exist... I know it does... They even said the character was supposed to get a victory theme but no one is for sure certain what it even is.

Also check this out.

View attachment 185391

This is from an interview back in November. The characters that became enhanced spirits were seemingly obvious. Yet Claus and Masked Man despite Sakurai and the Smash team obviously knowing the relation, are not enhancable.

HMMM....
It definitely sounds like it was done to avoid spoilers.

Gieugue not having a spirit must also be to avoid spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It definitely sounds like it was done to avoid spoilers.

Gieugue not having a spirit must also be to avoid spoilers
Mhmm. This was purposely done. I'm now 100% sure ASC is there to represent Porky without showing his true identity.

I mean, so far we have:

–Masked Man Lucas appearing as "Evil Lucas" in Falco's classic mode.
–Lucas's "brainwashed" skin in Mewtwo's classic mode being Masked Man Lucas.
–The Masked Man aspect of Claus's spirit battle isn't a Claus alt.
–Masked Man doesn't have a spirit battle and neither does the ASC.
–ASC is a Player Icon.
–Claus tacked on the end of the EB spirits list instead of directly in front of MM.
–Lucas and Claus's spirits being the sprites from Chapter 1.
–Claus and MM's spirits being added at separate times and aren't enhancable.
–This interview.

One or two could be called a coincidence, but all that? I'm convinced that this is to prevent spoilers. Other franchises like FE and Xenoblade outright have spirits that are genuine spoilers such as Fiore and the Black Knight being an enhancement spirit, Here? They are specifically avoiding them.

D

Deleted member

Mhmm. This was purposely done. I'm now 100% sure ASC is there to represent Porky without showing his true identity.

I mean, so far we have:

–Masked Man Lucas appearing as "Evil Lucas" in Falco's classic mode.
–Lucas's "brainwashed" skin in Mewtwo's classic mode being Masked Man Lucas.
–The Masked Man aspect of Claus's spirit battle isn't a Claus alt.
–Masked Man doesn't have a spirit battle and neither does the ASC.
–ASC is a Player Icon.
–Claus tacked on the end of the EB spirits list instead of directly in front of MM.
–Lucas and Claus's spirits being the sprites from Chapter 1.
–Claus and MM's spirits being added at separate times and aren't enhancable.
–This interview.

One or two could be called a coincidence, but all that? I'm convinced that this is to prevent spoilers. Other franchises like FE and Xenoblade outright have spirits that are genuine spoilers such as Fiore and the Black Knight being an enhancement spirit, Here? They are specifically avoiding them.
And despite all these spoilers they are trying to avoid, they still give a lot of attention to the Mother series.

With, again, a sudden jump in Mother content from Smash 4 to Ultimate, it increases the likelihood of the cut character being a Mother character, most likely Ninten, with all the oddities

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
And despite all these spoilers they are trying to avoid, they still give a lot of attention to the Mother series.

With, again, a sudden jump in Mother content from Smash 4 to Ultimate, it increases the likelihood of the cut character being a Mother character, most likely Ninten, with all the oddities
Kinda leaning on Ninten being missing character 70, but I need to to see that datamine list before I can come to an educated conclusion. I don't want misinformation spread.

Also check this out as well. This is from the SAME interview.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 6.34.45 PM.png

This could explain why some characters like Piranha Plant DON'T have spirits because at the time it wasn't considered an important enough character to receive one. Maybe this also explains the misc characters added at the end such as the last six EB characters? These were most likely added because Sakurai "couldn't not" have them. If this is truly the case, Ninten being at the end is very weird as of the misc characters added at the end, he's the only one I'd consider a main protagonist. Weird...

Here's the link by the way.

https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview/2/

So if a character is "missing" a spirit it means that they most likely were not important enough to warrant having one. Ouch,..

D

Deleted member

Kinda leaning on Ninten being missing character 70, but I need to to see that datamine list before I can come to an educated conclusion. I don't want misinformation spread.

Also check this out as well. This is from the SAME interview.

View attachment 185425

This could explain why some characters like Piranha Plant DON'T have spirits because at the time it wasn't considered an important enough character to receive one. Maybe this also explains the misc characters added at the end such as the last six EB characters? These were most likely added because Sakurai "couldn't not" have them. If this is truly the case, Ninten being at the end is very weird as of the misc characters added at the end, he's the only one I'd consider a main protagonist. Weird...

Here's the link by the way.

https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-super-smash-bros-ultimate-interview/2/

So if a character is "missing" a spirit it means that they most likely were not important enough to warrant having one. Ouch,..
Even with characters being important, everyone does have their own opinion on it. But this is good because Sakurai and the team see all the Mother characters who are spirits imporant.

It also sounds like all the characters who are spirits are characters important to Nintendo's history. So, obviously, there are missing 3rd party spirits. There are 3rd party characters like Rayman, Shantae, and Geno (although he is only legally owned by Square Enix, he is a Mario character) who have spirits because of their important relationship with Nintendo.

I really think we are getting a new Mother rep, and with all the oddities, Ninten

Top Bottom