• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Franky and Unfounded Revenge come to mind. All of the battle themes in the series are jamming, I'd say.

Oh, also the classical music medley for that ghost guy in Mother 3, I forget his name.
Lord Passion! And yeah, I like your picks.

I am kinda glad you guys accept me supporting my boy Claus as well as Ninten. For the longest time I was a bit apprehensive on being outspoken on him since most of his support bailed since the August direct. last year, but you guys are super cool and I thank you for that.

View attachment 212351

I'm gonna go down with this chimera's ship!

Dangerous Foe and Intense Guys got me by the heart man. I love those tracks so much.
Hey, anyone can support who they want.

And nice picks :)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am kinda glad you guys accept me supporting my boy Claus as well as Ninten. For the longest time I was a bit apprehensive on being outspoken on him since most of his support bailed since the August direct. last year, but you guys are super cool and I thank you for that.

View attachment 212351

I'm gonna go down with this chimera's ship!

Dangerous Foe and Intense Guys got me by the heart man. I love those tracks so much.
I really don't know why support for Masked Man fell so drastically. It used to be pretty big back in the day.

Though Ninten wasn't a thing back in the day, and Mother 3 was the fresh hotness, so maybe once Mother 3 cooled down and Ninten rose there just wasn't room for both in speculation. Porky is in two games and he actually had a big role in Smash, so support for him will probably never die, therefore I guess Claus had to take the fall.

D

Deleted member

We can't let Ninten support die y'all. If he doesn't get into this DLC wave (I think he will), we gotta show our support for him, even outside of Smashboards, like, for instance, if there's any sort of fan pole or ballot (or even if they do another official one), or we can campaign for him.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I really don't know why support for Masked Man fell so drastically. It used to be pretty big back in the day.

Though Ninten wasn't a thing back in the day, and Mother 3 was the fresh hotness, so maybe once Mother 3 cooled down and Ninten rose there just wasn't room for both in speculation. Porky is in two games and he actually had a big role in Smash, so support for him will probably never die, therefore I guess Claus had to take the fall.
I think it was more of them abandoning him for other characters such as Porky that “seem more likely” by today’s standards, which is kinda lame when we don’t even know if we’re getting another Mother rep via DLC yet.

Though honestly if the next Mother Rep to get in Smash is ballot based, I’d actually bet on it being Claus tbh since that’s when his support was the highest

Ninten had support, his support just wasn’t as big as Claus’s. I mean the kid actually popped up on Sakurai’s Brawl poll, so he might have been more of a Japan based pick up until recently.

Oh god I’m rambling now lulz.

D

Deleted member

In Mother 3, which needle is your favorite to obtain?

For me, it's the Chupichupyoi Temple needle.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
What's everyone's favorite battle themes in the Mother series? Mine are:
- Hippie battle (more specifically Mother 1's)
- Kraken theme from Earthbound
- Intense Guys, Porky's Porkies, Final Porky battle, Cumbersome Guys, and Unfounded Revenge
Unfounded revenge all the way

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman

All of them, tbh. Chapter 7 was the most EarthBound-like portion of Mother 3, and I enjoy that chapter perhaps more than any other.

If I absolutely had to pick, Saturn Valley takes the cake. Mr. Saturns are hilarious, and finally sticking it to Fassad is great.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
What is everyone's perfect Fighter's Pass (assist trophies included, and pure wants, not predictions)?

Mine is:
1. Joker (already confirmed)
2. Ninten (you guys already know why)
3. Isaac (played Golden Sun in February, loved it, and third most wanted)
4. Conker (I decided this teenage R-rated squirrel is my choice for a Microsoft rep, thank you TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself )
5. Geno (last but definitely not least, and SMRPG is my 4th favorite game, after the Mother series as a whole)
Here's mine:
1. Joker- already confirmed
2. Ninten
3. Krystal
4. Toad
5. Rex and Pyra / Mythra

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What is everyone's perfect Fighter's Pass (assist trophies included, and pure wants, not predictions)?

Mine is:
1. Joker (already confirmed)
2. Ninten (you guys already know why)
3. Isaac (played Golden Sun in February, loved it, and third most wanted)
4. Conker (I decided this teenage R-rated squirrel is my choice for a Microsoft rep, thank you TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself )
5. Geno (last but definitely not least, and SMRPG is my 4th favorite game, after the Mother series as a whole)
1. Joker
2. Ninten
3. Conker
4. Chrono
5. Tails (seriously tho where the hell is the 2nd Sonic rep?)

What an interesting question, I've never thought of this before... I'd have to go with Mixolydia's Needle on Tanetane Island because the Barrier Trio is one of the most fun and unique bosses I've ever come across in a JRPG. Damn that's a good fight.

A bit off topic, but tonight's the night. I'm going to see Endgame in 3D (right after smoking the good ol' devil's lettuce in celebration ;)) so it should be an interesting time. I won't post a thing about this movie, or even share my thoughts. So if anyone else is seeing it feel free to send me a message and we can talk about it!

D

Deleted member

1. Joker
2. Ninten
3. Conker
4. Chrono

What an interesting question, I've never thought of this before... I'd have to go with Mixolydia's Needle on Tanetane Island because the Barrier Trio is one of the most fun and unique bosses I've ever come across in a JRPG. Damn that's a good fight.

A bit off topic, but tonight's the night. I'm going to see Endgame in 3D (right after smoking the good ol' devil's lettuce in celebration ;)) so it should be an interesting time. I won't post a thing about this movie, or even share my thoughts. So if anyone else is seeing it feel free to send me a message and we can talk about it!
Man I wish I could see Endgame tomorrow. I have to wait until next Friday lol.

But yes I am excited. And Thanos Ninten will be in it.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
My fighter pass would be
2 Ninten
3 Geno
4 Choir Kids
5 Rex and Pyra
Alucard would also be cool, but we already got some cool castlevania reps.

You guys need to be careful with Endgame though. There are people trying to spoil it out there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My fighter pass would be
2 Ninten
3 Geno
4 Choir Kids
5 Rex and Pyra

You guys need to be careful with Endgame though. There are people trying to spoil it out there.
Vergeben is gonna try and leak the ending of Endgame.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here's mine:
1. Joker- already confirmed
2. Ninten
3. Krystal
4. Toad
5. Rex and Pyra / Mythra
This would give me all characters I want. I'm down.
1. Joker
2. Ninten
3. Conker
4. Chrono

I'm seeing Endgame Saturday night with all my friends. Needless to say, you spoil it, you die.
My fighter pass would be
2 Ninten
3 Geno
4 Choir Kids
5 Rex and Pyra

This is why I haven't been using the internet since Monday night, it's just too dangerous. This website is literally the only thing I'm doing online. It's been pretty tough to resist the temptation, but fortunately I've had exams and Devil May Cry V to keep me busy.
Vergeben is gonna try and leak the ending of Endgame.
He does that, I'll find him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm seeing Endgame Saturday night with all my friends. Needless to say, you spoil it, you die.

This is why I haven't been using the internet since Monday night, it's just too dangerous. This website is literally the only thing I'm doing online. It's been pretty tough to resist the temptation, but fortunately I've had exams and Devil May Cry V to keep me busy.

And feed him some leeks

I'll see myself out

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
What's everyone's favorite battle themes in the Mother series? Mine are:
- Hippie battle (more specifically Mother 1's)
- Kraken theme from Earthbound
- Intense Guys, Porky's Porkies, Final Porky battle, Cumbersome Guys, and Unfounded Revenge
One of my favorites: Battle With a Flippant Foe

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Also, not a battle theme, but I love the Hotel Theme from Earthbound. Would love that in Smash.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman

I just finished my own exams so I am feeling pretty good. DMC 5 is tons of fun too. One day I will beat the bloody palace.

D

Deleted member

One of my favorites: Battle With a Flippant Foe
Also, not a battle theme, but I love the Hotel Theme from Earthbound. Would love that in Smash.
Ok actually yes these would be awesome in Smash.

I just finished my own exams so I am feeling pretty good. DMC 5 is tons of fun too. One day I will beat the bloody palace.
SPOILERSSSSSS

(Just kidding lol I'm not too much into DMC. But what are your thoughts on it FLG and GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ?)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ok actually yes these would be awesome in Smash.

SPOILERSSSSSS

(Just kidding lol I'm not too much into DMC. But what are your thoughts on it FLG and GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ?)
I'm really loving it. It's been a while since I've played a DMC game so I was veeery rusty, but once I got the hang of it it's really fun. It's changed some things around to make it easier for newcomers without sacrificing depth, which I really appreciate because I want it to fully go mainstream.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Ooo, am seeing a bunch of people's fighter pass wish list thingies, so here's mine!
My fighter pass would be:

1.- Joker
2.- Ninten
3.- Geno
4.- Palico (From Monster Hunter Generations, where they are playable)
5.- Daroach (Kirby series)

But now, the characters that I think are the most likely are:

2.- Ninten
3.- Geno
4.- Bandana Dee
5.- Tails

And assuming they do DLC echo fighters, here are my picks:

1.- Ninten - Ness (if he's not unique and on the first DLC wave)
2.- Black Shadow - Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
3.- Louie - Olimar (Pikmin - they could maybe even do the idea they had for Alph with the rock Pikmin)
4.- Claus - Lucas (Mom 3, duh)
5.- Octoling - Inkling (Splatoon)
6.- Zack - Cloud (Final Fantasy, but Square is so stingy with their character that this one is literally the most impossible of this list)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Enjoy Your Stay is one of the best songs in the series!
It is, lol.

Ooo, am seeing a bunch of people's fighter pass wish list thingies, so here's mine!
My fighter pass would be:

1.- Joker
2.- Ninten
3.- Geno
4.- Palico (From Monster Hunter Generations, where they are playable)
5.- Daroach (Kirby series)

But now, the characters that I think are the most likely are:

2.- Ninten
3.- Geno
4.- Bandana Dee
5.- Tails

And assuming they do DLC echo fighters, here are my picks:

1.- Ninten - Ness (if he's not unique and on the first DLC wave)
2.- Black Shadow - Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
3.- Louie - Olimar (Pikmin - they could maybe even do the idea they had for Alph with the rock Pikmin)
4.- Claus - Lucas (Mom 3, duh)
5.- Octoling - Inkling (Splatoon)
6.- Zack - Cloud (Final Fantasy, but Square is so stingy with their character that this one is literally the most impossible of this list)
Good lists right here. I think for an echo wave I'd add Dixie as well.

Oh and if we get Black Shadow we will finally have a version of Batman, Robin, and Joker in the game.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
My personal pick for dlc
1 porky/ninten
Thats my list thank you for reading

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
The dream might be slightly dead with so much competition but as long as spirits don't deconfirm characters, Ninten still has a chance, i support !

D

Deleted member

The dream might be slightly dead with so much competition but as long as spirits don't deconfirm characters, Ninten still has a chance, i support !
Thanks for the support! And yeah, we're here to keep the dream alive (plus, I don't think spirits deconfirm).

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
One thing i do believe contradicts ninten, is voice. Unless ness got a new voice they may sound too similar.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just commission my Masked Man helmet woo! Should be here in the next few weeks. Can’t wait!

One thing i do believe contradicts ninten, is voice. Unless ness got a new voice they may sound too similar.
I’m sure they’ll be able to find someone. I mean Pit and Dark Pit are the same voice actor, so I don’t personally see it as a dealbreaker.

D

Deleted member

Well the funny thing is that, in Brawl, Pit and Lucas were actually voiced by the same person!

But other than that, I think this would be a good voice for Ninten:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
I’m sure they’ll be able to find someone. I mean Pit and Dark Pit are the same voice actor, so I don’t personally see it as a dealbreaker.
For sure they can find someone, and definitely not a deal breaker.
But other than that, I think this would be a good voice for Ninten:

that works well, so i guess voice isnt an issue! The very original ness voice is what i picture it as.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For sure they can find someone, and definitely not a deal breaker.

that works well, so i guess voice isnt an issue! The very original ness voice is what i picture it as.
Exactly. Before I watched this vid (which was a while ago lol) I always wondered what Ninten would sound like, and I think this is perfect.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the double post (I keep saying this a lot now lol), but, in a Mother trilogy remake, I think it would be cool if the party's different abilities in Earthbound and Mother 3 (like Pray, Spy, Mirror, and Sniff) could be used in the overworld, even outside of battle.

Though I think this should be used in a secret area rather than the main story because it would change too much I feel. But, in a secret area, they use their abilities to get past obstacles.

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
Here's something to think about:

If Ninten was added to the roster, which stage should he have to represent his game? Should they just bring back the Magicant Stage from the 3DS Smash game, or would you rather see something different?
Maybe there should be a stage based off ninten’s Home town then It would go all the different places and end on either Maria or the church

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe there should be a stage based off ninten’s Home town then It would go all the different places and end on either Maria or the church
What if there was an asthma meter
Yeah, I like these stage ideas. I think Mt. Itoi, Twinkle Elementary School, Podunk Zook, and, heck, maybe even Rosemary house would be unique stage ideas for Ninten.

And I like the idea of an asthma meter lol. Maybe, once it's charged up, Ninten can cough on his opponents and damage them? It's a goofy but fun idea.

D

Deleted member

Once again sorry for the double post but who else, in their first playthrough of Earthbound, didn't know you needed Fly Honey to beat Master Belch?

Top Bottom