• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Did you guys know that before Mother 3 Love Theme, the Sad Theme for Mother 3 was originally gonna be...well...basically a sad version of Porky’s Theme, but was unused? Well, I added that to be used for EarthBound 64 (Part 1), in the Mother/EarthBound remakes.

D

Deleted member

Did you guys know that before Mother 3 Love Theme, the Sad Theme for Mother 3 was originally gonna be...well...basically a sad version of Porky’s Theme, but was unused? Well, I added that to be used for EarthBound 64 (Part 1), in the Mother/EarthBound remakes.
Man, I can't imagine that at all now lol. I think it would be cool if they did make a version of the Love theme to be the sad version of Porky's theme, but overall, I think the original track should stay it's own theme.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I'm planning on commissioning Claus's helmet since I have no ****ing clue how to make one of those heh.

I AM however gonna attempt to make his arm and wings myself though. While I could make his arm cannon, having two hands, especially since I'm right handed and all, is nice.

If you guys want I can post updates and stuff. Would you guys like that or nah? I know it's not "Ninten" related but, this is kinda an EB social thread so it's up to you guys.

#PorkyDidNothingWrong
21245359_1687992601212264_350477623_n_1687992601212264.jpg

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I'm planning on commissioning Claus's helmet since I have no ****ing clue how to make one of those heh.

I AM however gonna attempt to make his arm and wings myself though. While I could make his arm cannon, having two hands, especially since I'm right handed and all.

If you guys want I can post updates and stuff. Would you guys like that or nah? I know it's not "Ninten" related but, this is kinda an EB social thread so it's up to you guys.

View attachment 211703
I'm totally up for cosplay updates. While I know nothing about cosplay, a guy in the Isaac thread kept posting updates about his developing cosplay and I was greatly interested.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm totally up for cosplay updates. While I know nothing about cosplay, a guy in the Isaac thread kept posting updates about his developing cosplay and I was greatly interested.
Cool cool. It'll probs be a little bit before I post consistent updates, but it's cool to know that it'd be interesting to some of you guys here.

D

Deleted member

I AM however gonna attempt to make his arm and wings myself though. While I could make his arm cannon, having two hands, especially since I'm right handed and all.

View attachment 211703
Cool cool. It'll probs be a little bit before I post consistent updates, but it's cool to know that it'd be interesting to some of you guys here.
Yeah, I'd love cosplay updates.

And btw I'm just about heading to CotP in my Earthbound playthrough. And I got the Godess Ribbon so woohoo

D

Deleted member

Me when someone calls me delusional for thinking Ninten and a Mother trilogy remake can happen -

"You may say I'm a fool~"
(someone continue the song)

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Me when someone calls me delusional for thinking Ninten and a Mother trilogy remake can happen -

"Feelin' the way that I do.
You can call me Pollyanna
Say I'm crazy as a loon.
I believe in silver linings
and that's why I believe in you!"

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
HOEVFOASFBAIAEBVARLBIQAAEBAE

Now for real, some people may think this will be a character from MOTHER 3 or even MOTHER 2 / Earthbound, but I think it's just Sakurai being a nice guy and acknowledging one of the MOTHER series' games' anniversary.

And okay, am gonna sound contradicting on this. But since Sakurai is such a nice guy and did this... what if he actually announces something for July 27?
It COULD be Ninten for Smash.

And who knows? We could go a bit crazy and say that Sakurai and Shigesato Itoi develop a MOTHER remake. Maybe even with the consideration of remaking MOTHER 2 and 3 if the fans like it!

Outside of Smash, Sakurai has made great games, so if they told me that in a few months it would become public that Itoi and Sakurai were developing a remake of MOTHER or even of the three games, I would not only almost die from hype but I would then rest easy knowing those two would do a great job.

Heck, maybe Smash fans would actually give the MOTHER series a chance by knowing Sakurai is helping in the development. Kinda like a "coming for the looks and staying for the person" kind of thing, except the looks is the fact that Sakurai is developing it and the person would be the actual game.

Okay, I know that what I said doesn't help with the previous fact that someone called us delusional, but this is a long "what if" thing and for all we know, it could happen just as much as it could not. I still think that regardless of this or Sakurai's autograph, Ninten has a chance of being in.

Still, now I love Sakurai even more, for being such an awesome guy to do something like that, it's a small act but it really is appreciated! :ness:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I basically got ridiculed in the general discussion thread when I posted it and implied that PoRkY CoNFUrmed!! because I was assuming that Sakurai doing this meant something other than him just being a nice guy. Whoops...

D

Deleted member

HOEVFOASFBAIAEBVARLBIQAAEBAE

Now for real, some people may think this will be a character from MOTHER 3 or even MOTHER 2 / Earthbound, but I think it's just Sakurai being a nice guy and acknowledging one of the MOTHER series' games' anniversary.

And okay, am gonna sound contradicting on this. But since Sakurai is such a nice guy and did this... what if he actually announces something for July 27?
It COULD be Ninten for Smash.

And who knows? We could go a bit crazy and say that Sakurai and Shigesato Itoi develop a MOTHER remake. Maybe even with the consideration of remaking MOTHER 2 and 3 if the fans like it!

Outside of Smash, Sakurai has made great games, so if they told me that in a few months it would become public that Itoi and Sakurai were developing a remake of MOTHER or even of the three games, I would not only almost die from hype but I would then rest easy knowing those two would do a great job.

Heck, maybe Smash fans would actually give the MOTHER series a chance by knowing Sakurai is helping in the development. Kinda like a "coming for the looks and staying for the person" kind of thing, except the looks is the fact that Sakurai is developing it and the person would be the actual game.

Okay, I know that what I said doesn't help with the previous fact that someone called us delusional, but this is a long "what if" thing and for all we know, it could happen just as much as it could not. I still think that regardless of this or Sakurai's autograph, Ninten has a chance of being in.

Still, now I love Sakurai even more, for being such an awesome guy to do something like that, it's a small act but it really is appreciated! :ness:
Hey, remember what we said when someone calls us delusional.

"Feelin' the way that I do.
You can call me Pollyanna
Say I'm crazy as a loon.
I believe in silver linings
and that's why I believe in you!"
And yeah, everything here would kill me of hype lmao.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I basically got ridiculed in the general discussion thread when I posted it and implied that PoRkY CoNFUrmed!! because I was assuming that Sakurai doing this meant something other than him just being a nice guy. Whoops...
Didn’t this fandom theorize Skull Kid was gonna get in because of chairs? Like a good chunk? Kinda funny that that’s where the line is drawn when that’s just as if not more ridiculous.

Though I think we all know who the real character confirmation is ;)

8A2D5950-7DFD-4B6C-A494-7AC77D0C4FDA.png

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I got 10 replies all consisting of "maaaaaan poor Sakurai can't do anything without people thinking it's Smash related"

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I got 10 replies all consisting of "maaaaaan poor Sakurai can't do anything without people thinking it's Smash related"
Well to be fair...

1556135428256.jpeg

He does put up with a lot.

Kinda wondering if they feel the same way with the Kirby director though. (His name escapes me.) Poor guy had to put a notice on his Instagram that everything he posts are just interests and hobbies, not game hints.

D

Deleted member

What is everyone's perfect Fighter's Pass (assist trophies included, and pure wants, not predictions)?

Mine is:
1. Joker (already confirmed)
2. Ninten (you guys already know why)
3. Isaac (played Golden Sun in February, loved it, and third most wanted)
4. Conker (I decided this teenage R-rated squirrel is my choice for a Microsoft rep, thank you TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself )
5. Geno (last but definitely not least, and SMRPG is my 4th favorite game, after the Mother series as a whole)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What is everyone's perfect Fighter's Pass (assist trophies included, and pure wants, not predictions)?

Mine is:
1. Joker (already confirmed)
2. Ninten (you guys already know why)
3. Isaac (played Golden Sun in February, loved it, and third most wanted)
4. Conker (I decided this teenage R-rated squirrel is my choice for a Microsoft rep, thank you TheBeastHimself TheBeastHimself )
5. Geno (last but definitely not least, and SMRPG is my 4th favorite game, after the Mother series as a whole)
My perfect Fighter Pass is something like
1. Waluigi
2. Banjo
3. Geno
4. Isaac
because I think those characters are just so long overdue everyone else should get in line. But if I were being selfish I would do
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Ninten
3. Prince Sable
4. Professor Layton

Not really any explanation, I just adore those games and think they'd bring tons of variety to the roster. Sable's game in particular I recommend to you guys because the tone and humor is really similar to Mother's, albeit in a fantasy setting.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
1. Joker - Well duh heh. Though after I starting Persona, I'm super glad he's there.

2. Ninten/Claus - Best timeline is if we get one in the pass and the other as an echo. Claus has been my most wanted since I was 13, and Ninten deserves to be back in the spotlight and not be forgotten by time.

3. Klonoa - I remember playing the Wii Klonoa back in the day loving it to death. I wasn't even aware at the time that there were other games and still have sadly not gotten around to playing them. I want him in so the franchise gets another chance and would finally break free from it's obscurity. That and Klonoa is such a little cutie.

4. Geno - Technically my third most wanted. While I might not be as big into SMRPG as I used to be, I'd still love this guy to join. He reminds me of a simpler time before College happened and I could just sit in my room playing SNES games and Brawl all day. (I think I beat SSE 10+ times. I was ****ing obsessed lulz.)

5. Monokuma - For the sheer wtf and novelty of having the killing game ringleader from a visual novel about Highschoolers murdering each other being playable in a game for all ages. That and I think he'd be a lot of fun to play as though I'd personally be more excited for what music he'd bring. I really want Debate Scrum from DRV3 in Smash.

D

Deleted member

So, for a Mother trilogy remake, would you rather be able to run away from enemies with the enemies disappearing from the overworld like in Mother 1 and Earthbound, or running away from enemies with the enemies still remaining in the overworld, like in Mother 3?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, for a Mother trilogy remake, would you rather be able to run away from enemies with the enemies disappearing from the overworld like in Mother 1 and Earthbound, or running away from enemies with the enemies still remaining in the overworld, like in Mother 3?
I always loved to be able to run away from enemies and make them despawn. But either one is fine by me.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
noticed this thread and thought id give my opinion. As a fan of the mother series and smash series, i always felt of the original 12 (counting yoshi, dk, and mario together), f zero and earthbound never got enough attention. Ninten could work very well as an echo, an original fighter, or like mario and dr mario (some different stuff). I also think that maybe a villain should fit the role of next rep for earthbound. Since villains have been so popular, they may be leaning towards that but hey, we never know. Porky is my personal pick for most wanted dlc, but id also love to see ninten in too!

So yeah ninten for smash.

D

Deleted member

noticed this thread and thought id give my opinion. As a fan of the mother series and smash series, i always felt of the original 12 (counting yoshi, dk, and mario together), f zero and earthbound never got enough attention. Ninten could work very well as an echo, an original fighter, or like mario and dr mario (some different stuff). I also think that maybe a villain should fit the role of next rep for earthbound. Since villains have been so popular, they may be leaning towards that but hey, we never know. Porky is my personal pick for most wanted dlc, but id also love to see ninten in too!

Thanks for the support!

Also, I have to say, your pfp is magnificent.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Welcome! This is honestly one of the more chill threads here so just kick back, relax and enjoy. :ness:

D

Deleted member

What's everyone's favorite battle themes in the Mother series? Mine are:
- Hippie battle (more specifically Mother 1's)
- Kraken theme from Earthbound
- Intense Guys, Porky's Porkies, Final Porky battle, Cumbersome Guys, and Unfounded Revenge

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
- Hippie battle (more specifically Mother 1's)
- Kraken theme from Earthbound
- Intense Guys, Porky's Porkies, Final Porky battle, Cumbersome Guys, and Unfounded Revenge
Franky and Unfounded Revenge come to mind. All of the battle themes in the series are jamming, I'd say.

Oh, also the classical music medley for that ghost guy in Mother 3, I forget his name.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I am kinda glad you guys accept me supporting my boy Claus as well as Ninten. For the longest time I was a bit apprehensive on being outspoken on him since most of his support bailed since the August direct. last year, but you guys are super cool and I thank you for that.

56757860_135023107628051_3624867550026625932_n.jpg

I'm gonna go down with this chimera's ship!

Dangerous Foe and Intense Guys got me by the heart man. I love those tracks so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom