• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I never thought I'd see this thread turn into this :'(

At least the facebook thread and NJ/NY smash is still active in general :D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Ok so, since Japan, i came back, got 2nd at revelations in cali (which I am still owed 930 dollars at...), beating rich very solidly, tyrant, mikehaze, and 2-1 last stock 120 in the set i lost to larry and i managed to win 3-0 the first set before losing 3 games in the 2nd. Since then, I've been to MD/VA, PA, and collision 5, i beat vinnie 2-0 there and nairo beat me 2-1 in close games but i won a rematch 3-0, beat adhd first set of GF before he won GF set 2 (and I got footstooled at 3% =/ ), and beat nakat too very solidly this time. Also I was in michigan and NY tourneys where i fought vex/bloodcross, and vex again twice, beating him a few times and bloodcross I beat 6-1. This was right after they both beat Zinoto. I've won past 5 sets vs nairo, past 3? vs vinnie? and I've just been really active and doing really well lately, in many different states. A lot of my wins vs a wide variety of players (I can name names if necessary) were 3 stocks and quite an abundance of 2 stocks; not just close wins but rather solid wins in most matches/sets except for two close sets at NEC.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Before I joined the brawl community, I pictured Mew2King to be this big buff black dude with gold teeth and an eye patch talkin about *****s and hoes. With Keitaro, I thought he was a fat white dude with glasses.

Keitaro

M2K wtf at you losing out on so much money this year. Make sure to never go to the Revelations series again. That guy tricked everyone apparently and it's dumb to assume otherwise because it has been crazy long since he was supposed to pay anyone. Way too long.

Lol at me ever being fat :p I haven't gained any weight in the past 10 years and I never plan to do so.

Nairo

its all gud as long as i get top 3 at apex again while m2k is in the double digits!!!!!!!!!!! jk u better do good this time ****

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
M2K wtf at you losing out on so much money this year. Make sure to never go to the Revelations series again. That guy tricked everyone apparently and it's dumb to assume otherwise because it has been crazy long since he was supposed to pay anyone. Way too long.
We gonna need contracts for regionals and above.

Keitaro

Not sure what this means.
Nairo is saying he'll get top 3 again and that M2K needs to step it up and not get in the double digits like he did last Apex (13th). What Chibo means is that you got 49th at the last Apex so what Nairo said would apply better to you although we are all certain you'll do much better than that this time around.

Was a joke on both their parts (Chibo/Nairo)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Nairo is saying he'll get top 3 again and that M2K needs to step it up and not get in the double digits like he did last Apex (13th). What Chibo means is that you got 49th at the last Apex so what Nairo said would apply better to you although we are all certain you'll do much better than that this time around.

Was a joke on both their parts (Chibo/Nairo)
Basically this :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Woah now I wasn't bringing in any hate or comparison. I'm just saying for our big 3 players, Vinnie clearly needs the most improvement over last year's Apex. My bad for hosting the event and getting a terrible arm infection on Sunday that made it physically hurt to play. Try beating me without Meta Knight you scrub! lol jk (sorta?)

Vinnie

Smash Master
My bad for hosting the event and getting a terrible arm infection on Sunday that made it physically hurt to play.
My johns > your johns. 4 hrs of sleep, hungover, injured (metal part of apex pass went through my thumb, ankle was sprained because I slipped on lemonade), sick, and freezing in the venue day 3. Get at my johns brah

Try beating me without Meta Knight you scrub! lol jk (sorta?)
Nah MK is fun =D

Keitaro

My johns > your johns. 4 hrs of sleep, hungover, injured (metal part of apex pass went through my thumb, ankle was sprained because I slipped on lemonade), sick, and freezing in the venue day 3. Get at my johns brah
I'd hate to say it but these johns were almost as epic as an average Inui john.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Lol I have a history of many bad things happening to me at once. I have a witness to some of those johns though.

-Took Ramin to Nathan's (my town's Nathan's is the 2nd Nathan's ever made). I spilled lemonade, went to go run to get towels to clean it, and slipped in the process. LMAO. Had to take the Japanese from NYC to Jband's house in NJ and back in the cold while limping the entire time, pretty painful.
-I got drunk and accidentally lodged the apex badge metal part into my thumb. Atomsk helped me remove it and heal it a little (drunk Atomsk being coherent and clutch for once), it was a bloody mess since I was drunk.
-4 hrs of sleep due to scheduling problems, though I'm sure everyone shared this john.
-I got sick from the cold weather. I don't think my hat/clothing was warm enough.
-Day 3 was freezing. Extra freezing for me because I was underslept/sick/injured, so I felt like ****.

Get @ my johns Chibo. Oh that's right you can't, since I'm #1 on the john rankings (Inui is 0).

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Wifi warrior johns be legit "i thought i could buffer that 5 seconds earlier"
dont know how they make the transition though. ****s terrible

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Yo guys so I've got this friend who's I've known from wifi for a while. He's gotten really good and he's young but's he hasn't gone to tourneys nearby because he's not sure how to approach his parents on asking about going to tourneys. He even missed one recently that was like 11 mins away (he lives in NYC btw) and I know that it'd be amazing if he'd start going to tourneys at least once in a while around here. He's like 13 (scratch that he's 14) and I think that if he started playing with you guys he'd get even better than he is now. The kid's got so much potential but he's missing opportunities. I don't think his parents are gonna let him go to APEX but I'm looking for advice for him.

Also, how many young guys around here can I use as an example? I mentioned to him Nairo and Zero who started doing amazing things at a young age but it'd be even better if I could name a couple other players like their age.

Seriously, you'd love this kid. He's so modest and talented and got so much potential.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
[21:04] <Snoozyfuzzball> Brawl is most certainly *not* esports.
[21:04] <Snoozyfuzzball> ...oh wait, it was for like 2 seconds.
[21:05] <AlexMcScaly> Then the dorito thing happened
[21:06] <AlexMcScaly> Ok so
[21:06] <AlexMcScaly> ADHD being the total gaywad that he is
[21:06] <AlexMcScaly> felt the need for rectal stimulation
[21:07] <AlexMcScaly> ther was a display of doritos because those things are a work of rt
[21:07] <AlexMcScaly> art*
[21:07] <AlexMcScaly> he told m2k that therer wa dying cntroller inside the case
[21:08] <AlexMcScaly> so m2k, with strength only shown by the I can break these cuffs guy, tossed chibo through the glass case in order to rescu the controller
[21:09] <AlexMcScaly> while that distracted AZ ADHD strolled pantsless into the halo section
[21:09] <AlexMcScaly> halo section is for big kids only and adhd is part asian
[21:09] <AlexMcScaly> this annoyed some of the black halo players
[21:10] <AlexMcScaly> So sundance was all like "NO MORE SMASH, WE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS NOW"
[21:10] <AlexMcScaly> The end
[21:10] <AlexMcScaly> oh
[21:10] <AlexMcScaly> and there was something about pot splitting and lack of nintendo support

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hey NY/NJ!!!! Stop having more inconsistent results than Japan!!!

Sincerely,

Someone trying to make predictions 4 Apex

EC always being so damned great at this game!!!

:sonic:

Top Bottom