• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I might as well have quit, lol. Now that Ryan's playing again though, I have a reason to touch the game, so I might be making my return...I'll be at Smash Hit (duh) but I have no idea about anything past that. My MK is gone, though. Anxiety + a character that's capable of attacking just gives me bad ideas and makes me too tempted to approach.

LOL yeah, people get extra mad when they lose to me I guess, I'm pretty good but my consistency in tournament is basically nonexistent so...meh.

Hydralisk

Smash Rookie
This is Max. Ryan has improved by leaps and bounds after FINALLY bothering to put the work in to read some stuff. Proud of mah boy, yo. Gonna try to bring him to Smash Hit so he can get more tourney experience.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
o i didnt see that keit lmao IL BE BACK HOPEFULLY I SHOULD BE ****** SCHOOL RIGHT NOW :D o and can some1 give me the games coming out on release for the 3ds i might buy a game with it sunday.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was seriously planning to attend NOTHING until my semester is over but all theses tournies are popping up by my favorite people in NJ :(

Ill do my very very best to come to as many as I can guys, I really will but I procrastinate hard with school work so we'll see.

I wish everything was in the summer since I plan on going to every tourney in the world then. Ill see what I can do.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I might as well have quit, lol. Now that Ryan's playing again though, I have a reason to touch the game, so I might be making my return...I'll be at Smash Hit (duh) but I have no idea about anything past that. My MK is gone, though. Anxiety + a character that's capable of attacking just gives me bad ideas and makes me too tempted to approach.

LOL yeah, people get extra mad when they lose to me I guess, I'm pretty good but my consistency in tournament is basically nonexistent so...meh.
I'm only salty that I lost to you because you only registered the two tourneys on AIB where I lost to you and didn't register on the two where I beat you.

Beating Snakeee and losing to Cyanide, btw.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I suppose I could just check the links you've provided but I'd rather just ask. Is paypal accepted?
Yup, online reg is done via paypal (or ppl can use any ol debit/credit card if they dont have an account)
or if you see me in person at a tourney you can pay me in cash and the price is w/e it is on the website. online reg via paypal is the easiest to do, quick n easy

LovEtheBrawler

Smash Cadet
I just spent the last 3 and a half hours reading possibly everything there is to know about ZSS. From move-set to speculation. If you can name it, I read it. (Sooooooo much stuff >_>)

LovEtheBrawler

Smash Cadet
That's not nice *_*. ZSS isn't a horrible character. I'll have you know the matchup is very close to being even with her and MK. About 55-45, MK's favor.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
That's not nice *_*. ZSS isn't a horrible character. I'll have you know the matchup is very close to being even with her and MK. About 55-45, MK's favor.
see below

ZSS is awful, NR is just a really good player.
see above

The only real problem she has with any one character is Falco, for obvious reasons. 70-30.
Matchups don't mean much, especially when most character boards are abysses void of any intelligence. ZSS is bad. She doesn't win tournaments, therefore she is bad.

I'm not trying to be a ****. If you wanna main ZSS go for it, good luck. But she doesn't do well in this region.

LovEtheBrawler

Smash Cadet
I plan to stick with her. Who knows, maybe I'll make her known in this region. Maybe I'll suck and never win any tournaments. She can't be all TOO bad if she holds a spot in high tier.

And besides, I thought the point of the game was to have fun, not screw everything and main MK or some other top tier character because winning overpowers that fact. Isn't the reason we started this whole community is to have fun playing the game we know and love, let alone this thread?

Thank you for your concern, but I plan to stick to ZSS.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Winning is pretty fun :laugh: play to win. Snakee had his time, but people figured ZSS out. She simply cannot hang with the better characters. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, though, just giving you a heads up that ZSS isn't gonna do too well for you if you're trying to be "competitive."

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Possible to win matches, not tournaments.

Edit: ZSS might also be able to beat people who don't know how to beat ZSS, but most good players in this region know the matchup by now.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Is anybody here good with opening / fixing GC controllers? The one I've been using for 3 years just broke, the r button doesnt work anymoer =(

If anybody is willing to fix it, I'd be happy to pay =O

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Matchups don't mean much, especially when most character boards are abysses void of any intelligence.
This so hard, ugh. Try not to worry about ratios/positive and negative integers, and just learn exactly what strengths and weaknesses the characters have against each other in a particular matchup.
I plan to stick with her. Who knows, maybe I'll make her known in this region. Maybe I'll suck and never win any tournaments. She can't be all TOO bad if she holds a spot in high tier.

And besides, I thought the point of the game was to have fun, not screw everything and main MK or some other top tier character because winning overpowers that fact. Isn't the reason we started this whole community is to have fun playing the game we know and love, let alone this thread?

Thank you for your concern, but I plan to stick to ZSS.
The point of games is to have fun, but when you have real world money and fame (within the community) on the line, winning becomes infinitely more neat.

Top Bottom