• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey I know this was a few pages back. But Inui seems to john for dmbrandon about not knowing how to fight Snake....Do you fawking think I know how to fight fawking METAKNIGHT?? Jesus Christ it's like we should all feel bad for a metaknight player if they lose a match. Let me repeat that. A METAKNIGHT. Metaknight is broken as f(_)ck and ***** snake, along with the rest of the gahd@mn cast of sakurai's fawk up part 3.

If I beat DMbrandon again in a snake vs metaknight match...no fawking johns.

Sorry ignorance pisses me off. This is mostly at inui cuz DM didn't say anything. Please stop johnning for people other than yourself @_@.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Yehs said it. I don't john when I lose to Yehs. He knows my playstyle, and he reads me. I constantly underestimate him, and I pay for it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No, pocky Chibo is right.

Snake eats MK. I'm thinking 7/3 Snake's favor.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, guess what? YOU ARE DOING THE SAME **** THING AGAIN!!!!

Chill, relax, practice, win, and if you win, shut-up, cause the week after in the next tournament you can get ***** by a ROB and look stupid.
So? Now that I main Marth, I'll trash your Falco. I do not regard you as a tournament threat at all. Prove me wrong by actually doing something notable now that the game came out for everyone else to have. I backed my trash talk up at Montage's last event just like I said I would.

The ROB player was actually good.

Hey I know this was a few pages back. But Inui seems to john for dmbrandon about not knowing how to fight Snake....Do you fawking think I know how to fight fawking METAKNIGHT?? Jesus Christ it's like we should all feel bad for a metaknight player if they lose a match. Let me repeat that. A METAKNIGHT. Metaknight is broken as f(_)ck and ***** snake, along with the rest of the gahd@mn cast of sakurai's fawk up part 3.

If I beat DMbrandon again in a snake vs metaknight match...no fawking johns.

Sorry ignorance pisses me off. This is mostly at inui cuz DM didn't say anything. Please stop johnning for people other than yourself @_@.
You had magic up tilt and grenades eating tornado. Brandon was also used to rush-down and didn't know how to respect Snake's gigantic priority and surprising move speed. Snake also beats Meta Knight, so the match was in your favour.

Being the Snake not knowing how to fight the Meta Knight is much better than the other way around.

Brandon says he doesn't care to john about losing to you(on the boards, at least), so I'll drop it. Just needed to correct your false statement.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Snake is an absolutely TERRIBLE matchup for Meta Knight, and destroys him
LOL no he isn't. Meta Knight's glide toss covers a massive distance so he can pick up grenades and get in Snake's face with them. Whornado stops Snake's boost smash, Snake is going to eat a ton of damage on the stage at low % and tons of damage from edgeguarding if he just doesn't die off the stage.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So? Now that I main Marth, I'll trash your Falco. I do not regard you as a tournament threat at all. Prove me wrong by actually doing something notable now that the game came out for everyone else to have. I backed my trash talk up at Montage's last event just like I said I would
That's just one tournament because you failed at the one after it. Falco has a great disadvantage over Metaknight and I still seem to take Brandon head on. Falco actually has an advantage over Marth.

You really need to stop talking like that cause it's stupid.

Warning:
I shall now respond to your talk with this:

Keitaro vs Inui - 1 - 0

I have to act childish to counter the childishness itself. It's the only way.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Keitaro: I know this isn't a match-up thread, but I would love to hear your thoughts about why Falco has advantage on Marth.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Warning:

Keitaro vs Inui - 1 - 0

I have to act childish to counter the childishness itself. It's the only way.
Warning:

Atomsk vs Keitaro - 3 - 0

NOTE this is not for backing up inui

i just wanted to make fun of keitaro XD

Keitaro

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That explained how to fight Marth and what to avoid when fighting him, but it didn't really say why Falco has advantage.

I used to think it was 6/4 as well, but recently I have come to realize that I don't know why. And after thinking about it I decided to call it even, since Falco really doesn't have anything on Marth besides camping. Marth outdoes him in every other department.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
That explained how to fight Marth and what to avoid when fighting him, but it didn't really say why Falco has advantage.

I used to think it was 6/4 as well, but recently I have come to realize that I don't know why. And after thinking about it I decided to call it even, since Falco really doesn't have anything on Marth besides camping. Marth outdoes him in every other department.

I think this explains it rather well :laugh:

Keitaro

I really don't like fighting Falco vs Marth so if I did face Inui I would go something else but now that I recently learned to be patient and actually camp I may try it. The guy in the matchup thread goes by if you're shooting lasers, something I used to never do.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pocky: Ask King since he agrees with me.

Falco has his lasers and his shine. Marth beats him in every other catogory. Since when was projectile spam alone enough to stop Marth? It wasn't in Melee and it isn't now.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Pocky: Ask King since he agrees with me.
ah yes, the appeal to "authority"

except in this case, king himself has only been to one actual tournament overall, i believe

not saying he's wrong or i'm right, just saying he's no real 'authority' on this matter

though i am much more inclined to believe m2k

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hahaha.

How can I appeal to an authority on Marth when I AM the athority eh?

LOL!!!

Honestly though Falco really doesn't have anything on Marth. He has a CG combo that isn't even guaranteed, but other then that and his camping Marth takes it home at close range. Hits harder, has more range, better close range options, better edgeguarding. Also the fact that Falco is fairly easy to gimp and he is light doesn't help him.

Pshhh, Inui thinks it's Marth's advantage which I don't even think at all. I think it's even.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Hahaha.

How can I appeal to an authority on Marth when I AM the athority eh?
marth? I thought we were talking about snake vs metaknight

my comment about falco vs marth was purely a joke (you know, BRAWL = CAMP); i really know next to nothing about both of those characters (except they're GAYGAYGAY)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Chibo and EL: You guys are right about Snake ****** Metaknight except for the fact that you're not right...

Snake's only chance of winning is camping with grenades and having more patience than the metaknight player. Straight up fighting results in lots of snake losing.

Snake has about 3 recovery options:
1) Returning to the stage and praying that his nair hits, and that he is high enough to auto-cancel.
2) Air-dodge.
3) Hoping that Metaknight's Up-B hits at the wrong part and sends him back to the stage.

If metaknight gets snake into the air above him, metaknight does 30-40 free damage to snake until snake is hit far away enough to be able to air-dodge.

Snake gets ***** by metaknight. If you don't believe me ask tehspammererer when he's done with spamwatch.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
snake just has to F tilt MK 5 times and then up tilt and MK dies

if you think MK will block then just grab and throw

MK dies from up tilt at 85% without DI (actually it's high 84% so I just say 85 to be reliable), a bit more with DI (maybe 10% more, as an educated guess)

MKs worst matchup is snake, if you think there's a worse matchup please tell me

all MK can do vs snake safely is down tilt and space fairs which do very little damage. By being in the air, F Tilt usually only hits once unless it's at low %, and then the first weak hit of the knee usually hits them away. Otherwise everything MK can do involves blocking and hoping snake stupidly attacks his shield instead of grab attack and throw which does like 12/13%. Although MKs F tilt has slightly more range than Snakes, if they trade hits (Which happens a lot when me and vidjo played), then snake gets almost no stun while MK gets a lot of stun, then MK eats another 20 damage from another F Tilt (3 hit combo). MK cant spam tornado cuz snake can block it and then dash attack (or grenade)

snake definitely has the advantage vs MK

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Although MKs F tilt has slightly more range than Snakes, if they trade hits (Which happens a lot when me and vidjo played), then snake gets almost no stun while MK gets a lot of stun, then MK eats another 20 damage from another F Tilt (3 hit combo).
If you see them trade hits then you can DI away and you'll only get hit by the first hit of Snake's ftilt.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yes because that's worth it, walking to to people with MK to F Tilt, doing like 3 damage or something with the first hit, taking more than that from snakes F tilt, only to DI away and hope he doesnt get you again. You probably have time to walk forward a bit before F Tilting again (I'm not sure though, this is an edcuated guess). Even so, that's not enough to justify that MK beats Snake cuz in my experience it's definitely the other way around.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd say it's slightly in Snake's favour. Meta Knight and Snake are by absolutely no means "*****" by any character in the game. They're just too good. S tier doesn't get *****.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
yes because that's worth it, walking to to people with MK to F Tilt, doing like 3 damage or something with the first hit, taking more than that from snakes F tilt, only to DI away and hope he doesnt get you again. You probably have time to walk forward a bit before F Tilting again (I'm not sure though, this is an edcuated guess). Even so, that's not enough to justify that MK beats Snake cuz in my experience it's definitely the other way around.
Well it's not worth it to trade hits, but if they do then it's better to DI away and not get hit by the second hit of Snake's ftilt. I think Meta wins because at low damage he deals 40-50 damage to Snake guaranteed and Snake is going to be above him. Snake has awful options coming down from high above Meta Knight, which means you can probably get some more damage off. If you ever land a dash attack or ftilt(2 hits of bair combos into all 3 hits of ftilt) he's above you and has to pray you don't punish whatever stupid thing he tries to do to get down. Snake also takes a good amount of damage off the stage against Meta Knight assuming he makes it back and he has a hard time recovering high against Meta Knight due to Meta's up b. Snake also can't edgeguard Meta Knight that well, which means all he can do is pray he can land an uptilt. Not particularly hard but it's kind of obvious so you can play ultra defensive to make it very irritating for him to hit you with it. And if you live because he uptilted too early, you get to stay alive for a decent amount of time.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
*pokes dead thread*

Brawl's only guilty of stealing melee people away. It's not terrible. Melee's obviously a better/more fun game but that doesn't mean there should be brawl bashing whenever possible.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Brawl's only guilty of stealing melee people away. It's not terrible. Melee's obviously a better/more fun game but that doesn't mean there should be brawl bashing whenever possible.
Brawl is a terrible game competitively. Random tripping, you getting punished for hitting your opponent at lower percents, air tripping, and combos barely existing does not make for a good game.

Top Bottom