• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Eazy23

Smash Lord
battle for that 2nd sheik spot, and step up 2 the shiek killer.. YEA EAZY GOT BIG THINGS POPPIN

JFox

Smash Hero
The only way you could resolve this sheik debate is to do sheik dittos. And sheik dittos=homocore. That's really not a good way to show who is best.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
We could create a difficult sheik training course! All the sheiks must go through the gauntlet like test, the sheik who finishes first( if any finish at all) gets to be called second. OH YEA!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
is anything smash affiliated happening at the digital life expo.... i kno zenith is durin one of those days i think or somethin like that.... and is any1 goin to digital life?

JFox

Smash Hero
I would appreciate it if a Finder admin would take initiative and update the Tournament section...its way over due.

I can't remember the last time I've seen an admin update the sections other than the player finder. The finders are all important, and can't be left for me to update them all the time.

Thanks guys. I know you'll make me proud.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I would appreciate it if a Finder admin would take initiative and update the Tournament section...its way over due.

I can't remember the last time I've seen an admin update the sections other than the player finder. The finders are all important, and can't be left for me to update them all the time.

Thanks guys. I know you'll make me proud.
Warrior of Zarona said:
I'm saddened the Circuit Point Standings haven't been added to the first post.
*Updated* :)

I demand a Twix bar from the both of you. Only one bar, not both.

@JFox, please feel free to edit the font/color/whatever of the NJ Circuit Standings part since I kinda suck at that stuff :/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Go there and you will see how wrong you are.

My name is everywhere.

Cactuar?

Pfffff. I committed genocide against his kind in FF8. He doesn't want any of this.

JFox

Smash Hero
*Updated* :)

I demand a Twix bar from the both of you. Only one bar, not both.

@JFox, please feel free to edit the font/color/whatever of the NJ Circuit Standings part since I kinda suck at that stuff :/

****, Keitaro. I like the effort, but you suck at colors lol. Also the points should be near the NJ Rankings, because they are of a similar theme. People can than easily compare circuit points with Rankings.

Important tips on setting up colors:

Unnecessary color is distracting. Use color only to highlight or distinguish.

Repetition of color can be good and reminds the reader that things in the same color are of the same theme.

*Choose colors that compliment background.* (KEITRAO FAILS HERE LOL) Smashboards backgrounds are always black. So deep purple, or other dark colors, are a BAD idea. Too hard to read. Notice that the finder is made up of all light colors.

Too bright is tough on the eyes. Colors like Hot pink are great for highlighting, but bad for long blocks of text.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
By the way, as far as tie-breaking goes.

If the 15th seed has several people tied, they'll play in a small round robin tie-breaker against each other at the final event.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
By the way, as far as tie-breaking goes.

If the 15th seed has several people tied, they'll play in a small round robin tie-breaker against each other at the final event.
Wow you read my mind, I was about to post and ask about that lol :laugh:

Another question: What if people can't make it who are in the top 15 for the big event? Will there be a round robin for ppl under that that and the top # advance for the # of empty slots?

JFox

Smash Hero
How is it possible that Treble has more points than Eggm in singles. Didn't Eggm enter both events and Treble only one?

Did Treble get 1st, and Eggm 2nd...? I Thought they split it.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
They can split the money, but they can't split the points. As far as I know, they played out their game and Eggm tells me Treble won the set.

You see how placement is more important than the amount of events you go to? Just getting 1st in one of the tournaments guaruntees you'll be in the top 15. Eggm entered both events but only got 5th the first time and 2nd the second time, yet Treble with his 1st place win puts him ahead. Sensei is still in the lead because of a consisting 1st place, then 3rd place win.

Yet remember - in order to consistently keep your score and your seed, you'll need to come to as many if not all the events as possible. But this much can be said - someone who gets low placement but comes to all the events won't have an advantage to someone who can win the tournament and sit out a bunch of them, as argued initially.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Edit : I don't really care for the curcuit that much since most of them were at smashacre, and i hate that venue cause i always do bad there. :( Or rather worse than i feel I should have, but whatever didn't the prizes get taken away anyways?

Oh and Treble came from losers and woulda had to win 2 sets, but he said he would just say he lost and give me the points anyway, since he doesn't care, but I'm probably not going to the next smashacre anyway.. i dunno whatever we'll see. If we can split the points that would be for the best. Actually if we can't split I'll take the 1st place points, since Treble forfeited the second round from losers, and he doesn't care lol, we also barely took the 1st set seriously, but instead of playing he second he said i can have the points.

If there still actually are prizes for the most points, I may show to smashacre, since with 1st at cheezits i might have a chance, and I'll split my prize money with treble probably, since we can't split points.

Edit : Since I might go to the smashacre to get the most points, yeah go ahead and fix it treble got 2nd and i got 1st, he did forfeit the second set to me, cause he doesn't care about the points.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Couple things...

In the college finder
"Shippensburg College

Reik
Umbreun Mow
The Cape"

Umbreun Mow lololol nice spelling.

And Wrath isn't a crew anymore.

JFox

Smash Hero
hardcore fail.
Couple things...

In the college finder
"Shippensburg College

Reik
Umbreun Mow
The Cape"

And Wrath isn't a crew anymore.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THATS HILARIOUS! A U INSTEAD OF AN O!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!onesandgaystuff!!!!!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your creative ways of criticism. I'll be sure not to ever screw up insignificantly ever again...especially when it has anything to do with big headed arrogant smashers.

Edit: Super pissed and unnecessarily sarcastic post for absolutlely no reason warning.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THATS HILARIOUS! A U INSTEAD OF AN O!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!onesandgaystuff!!!!!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your creative ways of criticism. I'll be sure not to ever screw up insignificantly ever again...especially when it has anything to do with big headed arrogant smashers.

Edit: Can anyone tell I'm in a bad mood. *shrug*
Wow dude, I was just pointing out something to be fixed, no need to explode over that <_<

JFox

Smash Hero
9/22 C3 Results
Singles there were 102 entrants, but only 48 made it to brackets.

1: m2k
2: azen
3: chllin
4: jiano
5: chinesah
5: cactaur
7: eggm
7: neo
9: tope
9: sensei
9: sliq
9: g-reg
13: km
13: lozr
13: plank
13: chu
17: drephen
17: korn
17: husband
17: kirbstir
17: bass
17: treble
17: woz
17: wife
25: kaiser
25: aho
25: special k
25: velocity
25: bigD
25: cyrain
25: kel
25: aero
33: scar
33: slikvik
33: scissors
33: pakman
33: ether
33: savage
33: omni
33: juke
33: LK
33: okin
33: meep
33: black hayato
33: Frozen
33: free vick
33: blues
33: frenziefool

Expect a new ranking for NJ by Thursday!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah so anyway if you can fix the points, I got 1st, treble forfeited the second set, so he got 2nd, i'm gonna go to the smashacre and try for the points.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah so anyway if you can fix the points, I got 1st, treble forfeited the second set, so he got 2nd, i'm gonna go to the smashacre and try for the points.
Imma figure out the ******** points system and fix this asap.

Teh Spamerer said:
Couple things...

In the college finder
"Shippensburg College

Reik
Umbreun Mow
The Cape"

And Wrath isn't a crew anymore
Yeah, Wrath's been gone for nearly a month now. Thanks for the Umbreon Mow thing. He complained with funnyness "can't spell" a while ago but I thought someone fixed both of these already.

CopyCat said:
No one ever makes the 2nd C in my name capital sigh.
Got it :)

WTF is Sneak's info doing in Passaic county when he lives in the same city as CopyCat who is in Union county?! Ugghh!! I hate when I begin to edit the Finder and notice a bunch of crap and end up spending an hour on it :(

JFOX said:
Expect a new ranking for NJ by Thursday!
Who else is judging the rankings besides you? I know 2 other people did last time but I don't even know where they've been the past couple months plus nearly no-one trusts the words of one of the two.

JFox

Smash Hero
It's just me and Inui...

I would like WoZ to help us so we can have panelists from the three main Crews of this state, this way everyone has equal influence.

Everyone has been asking me a lot of questions about results from the season. And I've posted them once, but here is an updated list.

Season Tournament Results

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah I'm not a part of the NJ scene and I don't know how much of what you guys are going to decide is predetermined, but if there's any sort of debating involved you're gonna have to pick up more panelists.

There will be bias if there are only two of you.

daytripper

Smash Cadet
Name: daytripper
County: Sussex
City: Hamburg
Contact Info: AIM=enjoyincubus222
College: Ramapo College of New Jersey
Additional Info- Halo, Halo 2, soon Halo 3. M:tG
Crew: None

Velocity

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm not a part of the NJ scene and I don't know how much of what you guys are going to decide is predetermined, but if there's any sort of debating involved you're gonna have to pick up more panelists.

There will be bias if there are only two of you.
I'm pretty sure the mods all ready made a rule about how many panelist you need to have and such didnt any one read about that

Top Bottom