• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
As Eggm said, LK and Reik will definitely be on the upcoming list because for most of the season (6/22-9/22) they were living in NJ.

JFox

Smash Hero
Yeah, you are considered NJ for this season, Pocky. And I can't say this officially, but I'm pretty sure that you placings were more than enough to validate you making it onto the list.

Smashboards sucks and won't let me post...all I can do is edit...the server is mad screwy.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Yeah, you are considered NJ for this season, Pocky. And I can't say this officially, but I'm pretty sure that you placings were more than enough to validate you making it onto the list.

Isn't Pocky already on the Pa List?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i dont think it matters if he was on the pa list already since he met all the requirements for the list this season in nj... so he should b on both if anything.... and someone come to cyberconxion today im bored as hell... no one plays smash at my school

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol NJ has a problem with one person being on two different power rankings. I think they have a point, too.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I say we evaporate the Delaware Gap with hot lava from Hawaii and combine NJ and PA then all our problems would be solved and the war in Iraq is over.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i still think a joint nj/pa ranking isn't a bad idea

i'm sure the philly players play vs NJ people much more than vs the rest of PA anyway

pittsburgh gets shafted but ranking pittsburgh vs philly is really not that different than trying to rank pittsburgh vs nj

plus we suck. lol

JFox

Smash Hero
For the record I would like to say that I am very much against the idea of combining NJ and PA. I'll give a few reasons... No one should be taking this personally. I have no qualms with PA, and my opinion is simply based on principle.

1. The inactivity of PA.

Some players are very active, often in other states more than their own due to a lack of tournament activity in PA. Most of the time, the PA players that are active are largely active in NJ. TSA PA is very active, but what about the other playsers that are ranked? xyt, el komosutro, Mow, Cape, vagabond...I know that I have no idea what their skill level is like. How would I rank among these people? Who can say for sure unless I get to play them.

2. The requirements of activity in PA-

PA understands that their players aren't going to be super-active, so they let them get away with lack of activity. The rules state- "Currently, the requirement to stay 'active' is to attend at least one event within the ranking period. An event can be any decently-sized smashfest or tournament. "

You can go to a SMASHFEST and still be ranked in PA. NJ players are required 3 tournaments a season (one a month) to be considered active. If we went by this criteria, people like Treble (who I <3) would be ranked because he placed first at a circuit event. But can we honestly say how good treble is because he went to one tourney? Absolutely not. You can't ever make judgements off one tourney, and certainly not one smashfest, where people are simply playing friendlies. (Inui logic rankings)

3. Tri-state Rankings

We already rank NJ and PA together, along with NY in the tri-state rankings. NY is probably just as active in the NJ community as PA is. If we fuse PA and NJ, why not fuse NJ and NY? Than we would have a giant fusion- NJ, PA, NY. But wait...we already do this every three or so months in the tri-state rankings.

4. NJ's list is big enough.

You may not realize it, but NJ currently has 20-25 active players that will soon be sorted through for rankings. (Even with the strict, but fair, rules for activity) This is hard enough to do with just NJ players. To add PA would bring up questions such as: do we extend the list to more than 15 if we fuse? Should people on the bottom be cut off in both states to make room for this "fusion"? Does this list become more inaccurate as the number of players eligible increase?

Remember:
I am not bashing PA. I like PA. They have their own way of doing things. I don't really care if they use smashfests to rank players. But I do care when NJ is expected to follow these same rules, and than try to integrate the two.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I think the best point made is the fact that there are already Tri-State rankings. I guess I just don't really understand why there is even a desire for this to happen.

Also, I really don't think that, as active as TSA PA is, we will be making a point of going to 3 tourneys a month just for NJ rules.

Also, PA Power Rankings seem to be more subjective, since we debate about player's skill levels along with placements, while NJ's style is more mathematical where rankings correspond directly to placement.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah JFox and scar(goes to penn), you guys make a good point.

I personally like the idea of a PA/NJ rankings, but for obvious reasons it would be too difficult/inaccurate. The main reason I like it is because myself and my fellow Philadelphians would benefit from the list because we play all the Jersey players at these events and it would be easier to evaluate us as Jersey players than PA ones.

But like I have been saying all along, Central and Western PA are not going to be represented well. Renth and Swift and the like cannot compete on a regular basis with Jersey people.

PA is just too spaced out. We should do what virginia does and have a West Pennsylvania.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I would just like it cause, md/va is considered md/va and we couldl be considered nj/pa which makes us stronger, possibly we could go out as the best region. I think if velocity/reik are panenlists who play both states a lot, then thats a good idea of how other guys rank against other guys.

Renth

Smash Hero
i don't care how the rankings go i honestly don't think PA should have a list considering the endless amount of drama and stupidity that has gone around it. People should just MM me =)

Renth

Smash Hero
You didn't move to Florida? D:
I did, but i'm back because well long story short... i was miserable.

while i was there i won a few teams tourns and got top 3 in every tourn i entered. I played the same guys you did while you were there lucas Phanna, Rockcrock, Green Mario, ect. I got like 17th at Smash Aid X i was soo tired :(

Velocity

Smash Lord
I did, but i'm back because well long story short... i was miserable.

while i was there i won a few teams tourns and got top 3 in every tourn i entered. I played the same guys you did while you were there lucas Phanna, Rockcrock, Green Mario, ect. I got like 17th at Smash Aid X i was soo tired :(
no one cares

Velocity

Smash Lord
he asked a question i answered kkthxbai.
u answered his question then added alittle touch of no one cares text

anyone that ever uses "kthxbai" instantly loses 300 gold stars for each infraction
renth -300 inui -1300 they play ganon then uses kthxbai and they are the more highly annoying smashers on the boards alot in common no that i think about it you 2 should go hang out with the dumbmoron and talk about yourselves

Velocity has sand in his man-gina today.
yo dickmagnet brenda zip it

i wish i was as cool as these guys, renth you sound so bored you are cooler when your busy

Inui

Banned via Warnings
"Loses" would imply that it happened more than once. Which it didn't. And it was in a friendly and I didn't try or care. I think I just ran around doing w/e. I don't care about losing to M2K.

This community sucks.

Except for Lord Knight.

Top Bottom