• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
omg stop being a hater jorge. go play melee competitively and see how far u get if u love it so much

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Rainbow cruise can be very gay. I lost a tourny match with toonlink. The stage killed me at 40 or 70 cant remember, then immediately at 0.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Not gay, just bored since i'm almost done with FFXII and the only other game I have available is... Okami.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Why are you coming at me like that? I've been nothing but nice to you lately, How am I a Hater? I just said I like melee better, that's only my OPINION. And I know that I am overall better in Brawl than in Melee.
every thread that ive checked lately has a little pun or joke of u bashing brawl in some sort of way and its really annoying. its these kinda things that show this communitys output

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yes she is. I don't know why IS decided to break Jeigans for two games in a row.
The Jeigans in FE 4 were broken. Sigurd was both your Lord and your Jeigan character and Oifaye was stupidly good. In FE 5, Fin was a psuedo-Jeigan and he was amazing. FE 7's Marcus was pretty solid up until about Cog of Destiny. Jeigans have been good more than they have been bad. Seth and Titania were just the downright broken ones and more recent. FE 10 had several Jeigans due to the split stories, and all of them were ********. Sothe, Titania, and Geoffrey(only broken in Part 2).

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Haven't played FE4/5/most of 10.

Ether, the combat system is very well developed. It's just not extremely exciting.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I play FE for the characters, music, and story.

FE 4 1st generation --> FE 5 --> FE 4 second generation = best storyline in a video game series I've ever seen.

FE 9 --> FE 10's storyline was also very amazing.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
every thread that ive checked lately has a little pun or joke of u bashing brawl in some sort of way and its really annoying. its these kinda things that show this communitys output
Stalker? You said it yourself they're just jokes. I'm not letting all this negativity affect me. You gotta chilll. You made money at G.I.M.P.E.D you should be happy. And like I said before I've been nothing but nice to you lately. So idk why your coming at me like that when I'm just JOKING. I'm just a spikey haired WentWorth ;]. Why don't you address the people that are actually serious with all the brawl hate. oh wait.......

Edit: <3 Spamerer No homo lol

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Can someone explain to me how "Install Jumps" in Guilty Gear?

I'm totally confused, I can do it sometimes but, I don't understand if your are supposed to do it before the attack your "installing it" hits or after the hit.

Baiken is soooooo fun to piss people off with.....and Chipp *ToodayToodayTooday*

Edit: I'm playing Accent Core (The first one, I'm buying plus when it comes out)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
He is bad I just like how fast he is.
Speed = Fun in fast paced fighting game.

How do you play Slayer, he can't run.....Though he is soooooo cool.
You used to go to DustLoop right?

I don't ever post there, I just read stuff I need to know, I should start playing people since I only ever played my bro.... he hates GGXXAC

I use Baiken, Ky, Jam, and Sol. And a few, but I would never MM anyone yet, I still fell like I'm at a crappy level at Guilty Gear. I still can't get all the techs down. Give me till like the end of the year.

Edit: You didn't explain "Jump Installs".......

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm only hyped about M2K vs Mango again.

I played Melee yesterday vs NJzFinest cause they didn't bring Brawl to my school. I was nearly 2 stocking him with Marth but then my rustyness was made apparent and he up throw u-aired me for my remaining to stocks. Wow.... (I shouldn't have to explain what character does this.

The punnishment for mistakes in that game is rediculous. Kinda pisses me off actually. Don't think I can ever take Melee serious again :(

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm only hyped about M2K vs Mango again.

I played Melee yesterday vs NJzFinest cause they didn't bring Brawl to my school. I was nearly 2 stocking him with Marth but then my rustyness was made apparent and he up throw u-aired me for my remaining to stocks. Wow.... (I shouldn't have to explain what character does this.

The punnishment for mistakes in that game is rediculous. Kinda pisses me off actually. Don't think I can ever take Melee serious again :(
No offense to NJ's finest but theres no way hes hitting perfectly DI'ed to the left or right up airs every single time. So it sounds like to me you had the option of DIing the throws and making it harder for him but didn't. Not to mention you can DI the up air itself. Melee always has more options than brawl and is better in every way. I'm sad to see you go keitaro. :(

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No offense to NJ's finest but theres no way hes hitting perfectly DI'ed to the left or right up airs every single time. So it sounds like to me you had the option of DIing the throws and making it harder for him but didn't. Not to mention you can DI the up air itself. Melee always has more options than brawl and is better in every way. I'm sad to see you go keitaro. :(
:(

All jokes aside, I honestly think I've had more fun playing Melee overall than I did Brawl.

When I go to Brawl tournies I barely play friendlies and just jump around like an idiot while at Melee tournies I actually loved playing people from day to night.

I also was able to play Melee to the point that it would go from bright outside to pure dark and I'd be like wtf?? With Brawl I will actually notice the sun going down, lol!!

I did love Melee, I just think I've went so long without playing it that when I see how much I suck compared to my old self (which wasn't that great anyway, lol) I get angry and just say "screw Melee"

My mind litterally loves Brawl at the moment and I can't fathom the thought of Melee being better, but evidence proves I had more fun with Melee. In the end, I still do love Melee, I just like to joke and say it's garbage to make the Brawl lovers smile :chuckle:

Edit: In other words, I'm in a serious relationship with Brawl atm, but I know if I was going out with Melee, that I'd love her more. But since I'm currently going out with Brawl my mind loves Brawl the most but if I was still going out with Melee I'd definitely love it more.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The amount of animosity between Melee and Brawl faithfuls is absurd, unnecessary, tiresome and counter-productive. Conflict does not result in prosperity. People seem to be overly emotionally invested in these games. This happens almost every time a popular or competitive game/series receives a sequel.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The amount of animosity between Melee and Brawl faithfuls is absurd, unnecessary, tiresome and counter-productive. Conflict does not result in prosperity. People seem to be overly emotionally invested in these games. This happens almost every time a popular or competitive game/series receives a sequel.
This this a thousand times this.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well said :)

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Ugh the arguement of which game is better is mind numbingly annoying. They're two different games with two different communites that like to mix and but heads because they share the same title *sigh*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's such a stupid fvcking argument.

If you like melee, awesome. Don't bash the people who like brawl, and stop trying to shove it down the brawl-lovers' throats. It's boring to read and just ********. It's reminding me of some stupid religious inquisition.

If you like brawl, awesome. Don't provoke the melee people because they like to bash brawl alot.

If someone has the notion that brawl is a better game, so the fvck what? Let them think what they want. Does it affect your focus and concentration on your day to day activities that you desperately need to make fun of them and then try to convert them? If it does then you need to take a break from smash.

I, myself, like both games, but I like melee more. Do you EVER see me bashing brawl or meatriding melee? No, because I know, or at least hope, that people are mature enough to respect each other's opinions.

It's not rocket science, people. Just shut the fvck up if you wanna say something that might be taken offensive.

...I think my ignore list is gonna grow if this stupidity keeps up.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Both games are fun in there own ways.

This community is just acting wierd. I'd seriously think we'd all like both to some extent.

In Melee:
I kneed some out of a DK clap, after B-throwing them into the Clap.......It was amazing.

In Brawl:
I Falcon Punched my brother out of the road at Big Blue.......It was just as amazing.

In Guilty Gear:
I still don't know when to install jumps........I suck.

Top Bottom