• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I also side for mm's to be counted in to not be counted for this season.

Btw, the end of the season is supposed to be at the end of November.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
i honestly don't understand what the whole problem with mms counting are

i don't bet money for fun

no one should(unless its like ninjaEdd entering a tourny XD)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
yea most people dont. However you can't assume everyone has that same attitude all the time thats all.

However, Inui's last post made sense. It is fine to discuss whatever you want to discuss. How much weight it actually has obviously would be decided between the panelists.

So yea, if Inui says at harry potter n the planking metaknight so n so beat so n so in a mm as a means to show skill or pick and choose between 2 close players in placings, I guess it will be acceptable. We will have to do it case by case.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I certainly didn't press my all against Easy for a buck. I mean, a dollar is a dollar. But if it's 5 or more, I'm on the yes side.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I certainly didn't press my all against Easy for a buck. I mean, a dollar is a dollar. But if it's 5 or more, I'm on the yes side.
Good, my child, join me and follow the Yes! side...You shall be my apprentice, and together, we will be unstoppable!

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Forum Name- Smash Phoenix (only on Smashboards)
Preferred name- J.G WentWorth lol or just J.G
Which game you play actively- Brawl because no one around me plays melee ;[
County: Passaic County
City: Clifton
Contact Info: AIM = BrawlMentality
Crew: S.W.R

Are the rankings on page 1 accurate?

If not where can i see the latest/current rankings?

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
MM count more than tourney.
Do it by value of the MM.
Friendlies (however serious) don't count.
4 panelists, one community 'panelist'. Democracy for one count, the other four counts are panelists.
MMs start next ranking time. To do it in the middle is dumb.

EDIT)) The rankings are old. Or.. from last season's end.. err... DM is in the rankings. :U

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The season ending at the end of November would mean a ~4.5 month season. That's absurd. I strongly disagree with more than three months. It should end with a tournament on the 18th of October at the latest.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I think seasons should go by seasons.
Starting sept. Ending Nov.

However, the rankings have been going for a while now so I don't have much of a say at all on something of the sort.

Any change in the way a game is played during the game is absurd. This is -not- calvin ball.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
do it more by the amount of tourneys not by the actual time passed. the community did slow down a bit in september cause of school starting and stuff

Keitaro

The season ending at the end of November would mean a ~4.5 month season. That's absurd. I strongly disagree with more than three months. It should end with a tournament on the 18th of October at the latest.
The first Brawl season was from March 31st to August 9th = 4 months and 1 1/2 weeks. This season is supposed to be from August 10th to November 30th = 3 months and 4 weeks.

That's less than the last season.

There's no way it's going to end October 18th which = 2 months and 1 week. That's ********.

Especially when the season was really slow from the end of August to mid September.

Keitaro

Are the rankings on page 1 accurate?

If not where can i see the latest/current rankings?
Those are the current latest rankings but since Brawl is still pretty new, new players have come in and old ones have gotten better than before but it's still accurate from the date it was put up.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The first Brawl season was from March 31st to August 9th = 4 months and 1 1/2 weeks. This season is supposed to be from August 10th to November 30th = 3 months and 4 weeks.

That's less than the last season.

There's no way it's going to end October 18th which = 2 months and 1 week. That's ********.

Especially when the season was really slow from the end of August to mid September.
March didn't even count, and the reason the first season was delayed was because the game was super new. The first season ended with FAST 1, which was July ~17th IIRC, not in August. Where are you getting this nonsense from?

It should end in October in two weeks.

BUM163

Smash Lord
wassup nj. it was great seeing ya. just letting ya know i'm doin a bx weekly this weekend either oct 10 or oct 11. anyone willing to come ya more than invited. my aim name is oni163 if ya have any questions or just wanna talk. my thread is also up.

Keitaro

Inui, you are right about the dates going until Fast 1 but March 30th and 31st were counted in the last rankings meaning last season was at least 3 months and 3 weeks. If we ended this season on October 18th it would still only be 3 months making it shorter than the last season but not that bad.

This season was really slow in the beggining so I think we should still give it 2 more weeks beyond Oct 18th and let it go till November 1st.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea itd be a lot different, like 6-7 ppl off from inactivity lol
jfox would be up a lot
inui down
inclusion of lol master
possibly a top 10 list instead of top 15

JFox

Smash Hero
LOLOLOLOL @ lolmasters new secret tag. pretty deceiving...

why would i be up? LOL, I suck. I havent beaten anyone in tourney that is worth mentioning :(

NJ has too little active players to make a list. I wanna make a tri-state list, personally.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yea itd be a lot different, like 6-7 ppl off from inactivity lol
jfox would be up a lot
inui down
inclusion of lol master
possibly a top 10 list instead of top 15
I'm still better than everyone below me on the list and I'd gladly bet money on it. Stop underrating me all the time even though I do well very often, Chibo.

Inui, you are right about the dates going until Fast 1 but March 30th and 31st were counted in the last rankings meaning last season was at least 3 months and 3 weeks. If we ended this season on October 18th it would still only be 3 months making it shorter than the last season but not that bad.

This season was really slow in the beggining so I think we should still give it 2 more weeks beyond Oct 18th and let it go till November 1st.
This season has a LOT of tournaments that can count. We already have enough to make a solid top 15 list. The players that are being dropped due to activity are COMPLETELY RETIRED ANYWAYS and only include 3 players; dmbrandon, Ether, and Bajisci. Orion, MasterDaveNo1, DaPuffster, and others are going to be added anyways, so we're nowhere near short on players to make a good top 15 list.

I don't think seasons should ever exceed three months in length because too much changes in just three months alone.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
u've turned down my mm offers at 2 events straight so far......

N 1 dollar is my preference. I will do 5 1 dollar mms tho, thats more my style:)

Top Bottom