• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
But we've been at war for more than 5 years and our economy's gone to $hit. At least Cheney's happy!

Cheney says "Dance, puppets!"

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Government spending puts money into the economy, which helps the economy but increases the national debt.

How do you think we got out of the Great Depression? World War II + massive defecit spending.
In World War II the entire country was affected by the war. There were food coupons and shiz. Factories were converted to build weapons for war and stuff. That's not how war is being conducted right now. Also, massively increasing a massive national debt = not a good idea. We're going to have to pay at some point.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Total war = healthy for an economy.

The current war isn't a total war, but the war being fought is making the government dump money into the economy by purchasing weapons and supplies and paying soldiers. It's NOT hurting the economy at all.

The problem with the economy right now stems from a combination of people spending beyond their means and banks and investment firms giving out loans stupidly.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
In World War II the entire country was affected by the war. There were food coupons and shiz. Factories were converted to build weapons for war and stuff. That's not how war is being conducted right now. Also, massively increasing a massive national debt = not a good idea. We're going to have to pay at some point.
A huge portion of our national debt is to China/Japan. The Asians are gonna **** us. Kids will in China will be playing with cheap toys that say "Made in America" on them.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Total war = healthy for an economy.

The current war isn't a total war, but the war being fought is making the government dump money into the economy by purchasing weapons and supplies and paying soldiers. It's NOT hurting the economy at all.

The problem with the economy right now stems from a combination of people spending beyond their means and banks and investment firms giving out loans stupidly.
Except our current relationships are complete garbage, and our importing/exporting has tripled in expense in the last 7 years.

Not to mention the price of oil, our country's most needed energy supply, has skyrocketed.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
They can't ever FORCE us to pay because 0 individual countries can take down America in a total war scenerio.

The national debt doesn't matter to us. It's the banking, mortgage, and investment firm areas of our economy that are fucking up.

Not to mention the price of oil, our country's most needed energy supply, has skyrocketed.
VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE THAT WILL SUPPORT DRILLING AND EVERY FORM OF ALTERNATIVE ENERGY THEN, LOL.

McCain ftw.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Drilling wouldn't help much. I forgot where I read it but we'd barely get anything from drilling. Something like 10% more. Also, it doesn't matter if we're the most powerful nation. One nuke would **** the world.

Edit: Doesn't matter who you vote for because Electoral vote is what counts, not popular vote.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
They can't ever FORCE us to pay because 0 individual countries can take down America in a total war scenerio.
You think we can just borrow money for the next thousand years? That's not going to happen.

Also, as Chris mentioned a lot of the debt is to China, which is going to surpass us economically before we die. Well before I die anyways, your arteries might get clogged resulting in an early death.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Government spending puts money into the economy, which helps the economy but increases the national debt.

How do you think we got out of the Great Depression? World War II + massive defecit spending.
It took the US like 4 years to get into World War 2 after it started. We made all our money from selling weapons and supplys to the other countries while we sat back and laughed at the warring Europeans + Japan. Pearl Harbor brought us into the war.

The fact that the US was involved with the current war from the start does not help our economy. Government spending comes from 2 places. 1.) Taxes 2.) Borrowing money and creating money. More money in economy = good however more money in circulation = inflation = bad.

Energy-wise we should just do what France is doing and make like 100 Nuclear Power Plants.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

...wtflol.
Barack not only still has black hair, but due to this picture, he may even be able to be a popular R&B singer to the level of Ne-yo.

Unless someone shows me a pic of McCain that can comapre to this, consider Obama for my vote.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Why is it ok for a character(s) to shoot you with a gun in E-rated Kingdom Hearts, but Snake can't use guns in T-rated Brawl?

Maybe it's not that Snake couldn't use guns, it might be that they just didn't want him to.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Blame Sakurai. I believe there is an interview where he said he really doesn't want like guns in smash. Lasers are ok though :-p
Yes, it depends on the person making the game, what audiance they want to get and their strategy to getting that audiance.

Also, where were there straight-forward guns in kingdom hearts?

Eazy23

Smash Lord
wtf? Asia will not **** us chris lmao. Honestly, we might end up being bailed out of this by Asia, and they therefore become investors in America. As inui said, no country can or would want to get into an all out war with America, therefore whatever debt we are in is irrelevant. We've BEEN in debt, problems anyone?

Asia helping us out is good on both ends. Keeps them from an inflation and its obvious how it helps us. They become so tied to the Usa that any type of combat would be pointless and detrimental to the both of us:)

Asia will bail us out imo.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You seem kinda nerdy. Nerds annoy me.
You are posting on a video game forum. I mean I guess you could distinguish between like nerds dorks dweebs and geeks, but like to post on a video game forum and claim that nerds annoy you is at least a little hypocritical unless you annoy yourself.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
You are posting on a video game forum. I mean I guess you could distinguish between like nerds dorks dweebs and geeks, but like to post on a video game forum and claim that nerds annoy you is at least a little hypocritical unless you annoy yourself.
Nerdy hobbies... I don't act like a ****ing geek, though. Unlike some pakmen that I know. >_> (hehe jk)

dmbrandon's not a nerd because he has a girlfriend. He also plays competitive WoW.

10paradox's
:D!!!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Nerdy hobbies... I don't act like a ****ing geek, though. Unlike some pakmen that I know. >_> (hehe jk)
Dude I am a complete dork. I actually went to a MTG prerelease this weekend. I did pretty well too after not having played in several years. I also just beat a star wars video game. Thats like two nerdisms in one video games and star wars.

But i know the type of nerdness your are talking about. I hate know-it-all nerds. We had this guy at drexel saying his friend could beat us in smash with yoshi (he wasn't eggm either) and that DOA 4 is the best fighting game ever and the wii will never do well cause the other systems have better graphics, and that hand held gaming is useless if you have a laptop and that in his prime he could beat anyone in MTG.

The guy smelled bad too.

</rant>

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Some how, when I saw the most recent post was from BleachigoZX, I knew it was gonna pointless checking it. What do you know, I was right XD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Somehow, when I saw the most recent post from Atomsk_92, I knew it was gonna be mean, because Atomsk is a big meany. Why don't you go...visit and play me more xD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wtf? Asia will not **** us chris lmao. Honestly, we might end up being bailed out of this by Asia, and they therefore become investors in America. As inui said, no country can or would want to get into an all out war with America, therefore whatever debt we are in is irrelevant. We've BEEN in debt, problems anyone?

Asia helping us out is good on both ends. Keeps them from an inflation and its obvious how it helps us. They become so tied to the Usa that any type of combat would be pointless and detrimental to the both of us:)

Asia will bail us out imo.
Bottom line: Asia wants our economy to be strong because we're their biggest importer.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Somehow, when I saw the most recent post from Atomsk_92, I knew it was gonna be mean, because Atomsk is a big meany. Why don't you go...visit and play me more xD
i just like pointing out ignorance XD

which is why i was sad when Diem stopped posting for a while :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nah, you're honestly just a cunt these days and not even funny anymore. >_>;

Better chill before you become as disliked as me, because reversing that isn't possible.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Nah, you're honestly just a cunt these days and not even funny anymore. >_>;

Better chill before you become as disliked as me, because reversing that isn't possible.
Why so serious???? :) People like you, Inui, they just don't like being disagreed with.

Top Bottom