• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I couldn't think of sitting and pondering what to use in MELEE for more than a week either.
Please stop voicing your uneducated opinion about Melee, thanks.

My current strategy against Sheik in Melee took well over a week to develop. I still feel like I can get better against Marth when I have played against Marth more then any other character in the game. It sure as HELL took me longer then a week to learn how to fight Falco. It took Eggm longer then a week to learn how to fight against Peach. Mew2King with all of his experience said a few months ago that he can't fight Jiggs and that she's a virus in his system. There are many examples of many players taking longer then a week to learn a matchup in Melee.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I actually meant the character itself. I didn't mean what to do against this character.. then this one.. then this one. That does indeed take longer than a week.. Everyone is getting better, if not slightly with their character in all things they play, be it Zergs or Olimars.

Orcs against humans though will take some time.

SO yeah, I meant the once chara itself. Not matchups.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
xD sorry, I didn't see yours. Now I feel all mean.
I remember the choco one. xD I also liked the Deathnote spongebob with kira's j voice.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
In random friendlies like once/twice when I play, sure.

Actually learning the character, no. It was a week.
This post is lies. Ignore it.

Please stop voicing your uneducated opinion about Melee, thanks.

My current strategy against Sheik in Melee took well over a week to develop. I still feel like I can get better against Marth when I have played against Marth more then any other character in the game. It sure as HELL took me longer then a week to learn how to fight Falco. It took Eggm longer then a week to learn how to fight against Peach. Mew2King with all of his experience said a few months ago that he can't fight Jiggs and that she's a virus in his system. There are many examples of many players taking longer then a week to learn a matchup in Melee.
Please stop meat riding melee SO ****ING HARD.

Have none of you kids ****ing noticed? ITS OVER. WHO GIVES A **** ANYMORE? NOBODY.

Cept for the lot of you who won't give it up. Sure, it's fun as hell, but guess what? So is Halo1, and Poypoy, and racing your friends in Mario Speed Runs; playing spin the bottle with chix, mk2, sf2, ff2, dmc2 (HA!).

Wow you played tec0 and randomkid42 in melee friendlies for 9 hours. what was the end result? Did you accomplish anything? Was in practice for a major? Did you learn a new tactic?

No, you probably say there, gorged on some DeGiorno (Not delivery.), drank up some sodas, laughed and were merry. You know who else did that? Some ****ing people playing Brawl somewhere. Some people playing Madden. ****, some kids playing Catan in a basement somewhere in the uncharted boring *** parts of Nevada did too.

I hope Melee is nothing like the common oyster. Oysters have the biggest ***** relative to it's size. The way you've been riding it, Tanto, it's bound to tip. Or, at least one NASTY chafe.

Hop off.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Please stop meat riding melee SO ****ING HARD.
Telling him to stop lying about Melee = meat riding Melee? That makes no sense.

Analogy

"The sky is bright orange 24/7" - BlackWaltz
"No it's not you idiot" - me
"Please stop meat riding the sky SO ****ING HARD." - you

Cept for the lot of you who won't give it up. Sure, it's fun as hell, but guess what? So is Halo1, and Poypoy, and racing your friends in Mario Speed Runs; playing spin the bottle with chix, mk2, sf2, ff2, dmc2 (HA!).
How fun it is happens to be irrelevant to my post. I was just telling him to not voice inaccurate statements as facts. Also, no one is bashing you or trying to tell you to not have fun playing Halo 1 and the rest of those games, so stop bothering us kthx.

Wow you played tec0 and randomkid42 in melee friendlies for 9 hours. what was the end result? Did you accomplish anything? Was in practice for a major? Did you learn a new tactic?
If I played for 9 hours I definetely came up with some new strats. That usually happens with Melee since it's a good competitive game.

Mew2King IMed me after Chu's Final Biweekly saying he come up with better/more reliable winning strategies for Marth vs Falco in Melee.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
When spam makes serious posts, it means he's defeated. Someone throw him in the stocks, ima go get me a goose.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ehgiez wasn't an ff7 fighting game. It was Square's first true attempt to get into the genre on American Shores. The addition of Cloud, Tifa, ect was only to get more arcade's to buy it. It tanked in Japan. Here it did better than expected, but most agree it was because of the cast, instead of the mechanics.

Which is most likely true.

Tobal #2 is still considered one of the best, most balanced fighters, but due to lack of importers back in the last 90's, not many people took to it. Shame.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
In general, I just think it's annoying when people fiend and fawn over their competitive game of choice, like it's the best sh*t produced by mankind ever. I can't comprehend how anyone can like a game that much. Even worse is when those same people badmouth another very competitive tournament game, when they don't have all the facts. People are guilty of this in every single tournament community, including this one. It's lame.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
In general, I just think it's annoying when people fiend and fawn over their competitive game of choice, like it's the best sh*t produced by mankind ever. I can't comprehend how anyone can like a game that much. Even worse is when those same people badmouth another very competitive tournament game, when they don't have all the facts. People are guilty of this in every single tournament community, including this one. It's lame.
Brawl is not a very good competitive game at all. When only 1% of the cast can fight planking Meta Knight, only 10% of the cast can fight Snake, and every character is forced to camp to win if their opponent does(assuming equal skill level) then the game is not a good one from a competitive standpoint. Can it be fun? Yes. Can you attack if you are superior to your opponent? Yes. But, as with tier lists, it should be compared when people are at the same skill level, at which point the game degenerates into camping.

For the record, I like Melty Blood more than Melee.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Brawl is not a very good competitive game at all. When only 1% of the cast can fight planking Meta Knight, only 10% of the cast can fight Snake, and every character is forced to camp to win if their opponent does(assuming equal skill level) then the game is not a good one from a competitive standpoint. Can it be fun? Yes. Can you attack if you are superior to your opponent? Yes. But, as with tier lists, it should be compared when people are at the same skill level, at which point the game degenerates into camping.

Did he say Brawl? No. Man, you're ****ing defensive.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Did he say Brawl? No. Man, you're ****ing defensive.
When he makes a posts like that when the only game that is bashed in the NJ Finder thread and the majority of smashboards is Brawl then I'm going to assume he was talking about that.

Your mom was just aggroing me so that put me on the defensive :bee:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

No, no, no. It's lame when people bad mouth a competitive game when they have limited knowledge of how it's played at a high level. You actually have knowledge and experience of high level Brawl. So you forming an opinion and disliking Brawl is not bothersome.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
No, no, no. It's lame when people bad mouth a competitive game when they have limited knowledge of how it's played at a high level. You actually have knowledge and experience of high level Brawl. So you forming an opinion and disliking Brawl is not bothersome.
I disagree. Spam's posts these days are ****. Old school spam is better.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The current trend in gaming is to appeal to casuals, so i'm skeptical if the next smash will be a strong competitive game.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Stop ****ing up my ****ing life you ****ing **** suckers **** ***** ********** *************************** @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ rofl.

now that's how you do spam.

edit: I'm skeptical if there will even be another smash. brawl isn't that bad it's just (imo so don't flame me please) that melee players aren't used to Brawl slowness and lack of combos.

Crap I'd like to continue but I have class in like 4 minutes.

Top Bottom