• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I can play someone for fun, but for fun in tourney??????

No.

It's not just a videogame.

It's my hobby, it's my proffesional sport, it's also a huge part of my life honestly. Same goes for most of you out there. I dream about this **** at least once or twice a month, lol!! There's a fun side to Melee/Brawl, then there's a competitive side. Any tourney player needs to know and acknoledge both of these.

I also find it disrespectful when someone goes "gay character # 9" in tourney when they can clearly win with their main and "gay character # 9" they have a low chance of winning. I wouldn't even want to play, but since it's a tourney, I have to.

It is honestly stupid for someone to brag about beating Keitaro's "gay character # 9" or Yes's Falcon. It's stupid to brag in general unless someone gives in wrong information. That's the only reason I'd say anything about how I do.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Why can't people have fun at a tourney?

I mean if you think about going to tournaments is like a rare chance to see and play people you haven't played before or haven't played in a long time.

Especially for people like me who doesn't really have too many people to play unless I go and attend a tournament.

I agree with Cactus I go to tournies because when I go I see familiar faces that I know and I know I can hang out with people I would never be able to see otherwise.

And to the people saying "Its not just a game" your right it isn't just a game as long as you let it be that.

Although to me it IS just a game. I just happen to have more fun when I win so when I do play with people thats what I try to do. Sometimes I don't :) going m2 in pools/tourney is so much fun :chuckle:

Keitaro

I love playing friendlies and going to tournies for people too. I went to a tourney this weekend and didn't enter cause I came late and stayed for like 6 hours. I was gonna do the same at the RU Melee tourney but Lost Oddyssey was just too fun.

It's also possible to have fun in tourney sets. Some aren't fun but most are for me. It's just un-fun to see someone not try their best against you in tourney. It just disrespectful.

@ Tec0: Would you go M2 vs Eggm or someone like me who you can probably still beat with Mewtwo? :laugh:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well most of the community doesn't make money out of brawl, myself included. Those who rarely/don't win are obviously not in it for the money, so they must go for another reason...to have fun. Why ruin the fun with stupid johns? Some may be valid, but some are just ridiculous.

10sleeps

JFox

Smash Hero
You know who did try and brag about him winning those sets? Inui.
Its true. I remember making lists with him and he would constantly bring up things about spamerer's win record while leaving out key details, this being a perfect example. Inui is by far the most biased, deceitful panelist I've ever come in contact with.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
You guys are idiots. This is not professional sports. The outcomes don't matter to a lot of us. I regularly go to tournaments to hang out with people. I really don't give a **** about placing or who I win and lose to. I have never had a problem going random characters when I'm bored. It's 10 dollars. Maybe to you that's a big deal, but to me, it's like paying to go see a movie with friends. You do it for the environment and for the entertainment. A lot of people go to tournaments for this reason, while knowing they have no chance at winning. I have gone to tournaments when I know I'm going to get ***** due to me being sick, having physical ailments, whatever. I could just stay home and not let people take those sets from me because I'm playing poorly, but I ****ing man up and go anyway. I'm not a ***** about my tournament records. I don't go around bragging about every stupid win I have because I understand people have their on and off days, and I don't go around johning about all my losses. I put myself out there because people should have a chance to take sets from me. Consistency is everything in this game, and if I'm not good enough to beat someone while I'm sick or whatever, that's my fault for not being good enough.

Having that knowledge though, beating someone in that condition obviously doesn't mean as much as beating them while they were playing well. You can't go around bragging about beating someone who was clearly not concerned with winning and expect people to take you seriously.

To give a great example of this, Spam never bragged about beating me when I went all Falcon in tournament, or when I went Luigi/Sheik/Falcon vs him out of curiosity. I didn't do it because I wanted an out or something to john about, I just really wanted to use those characters. He never *****ed about me doing that, I never johned about losing the sets. You know who did try and brag about him winning those sets? Inui.
I love reading gems like this on random threads that I read once in awhile. I'll ****ing quote this forever. Cactuar man, respect ++++.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I could've sworn you said it's all about wins and how much better you are at winning compared to others and what not. So..... any kind of excuse shouldn't really matter right?.... I thought it was all about the results inui.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wtf? No. The answers to why were always discussed.

The win itself is what matters at the tournament itself in terms of winning money(obviously), but why has to be taken into account for rankings.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Honestly if thats how you feel you should do a better job in letting people know that. If you realize people are having these thoughts about your thought process, you should do a better job at filling them in on how you actually view things, and also keeping them from thinking it in the first place. I know for one, the way you come off to me is, winning is all that matters.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I love reading gems like this on random threads that I read once in awhile. I'll ****ing quote this forever. Cactuar man, respect ++++.
I love when you didn't post near me for a few months. Does anyone know who this kid is, yet?

nah son, guild wars is the truth, wow can go die, who payin 15 a month for that, when guild wars is just as good for free?
Not only is guild wars shallow and listless, it has bare 300,000 players. Wow is a world, son. It has a professional arena. Guild Wars is a joke. I'd rather play Lord of the god****ed Rings.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
*Forum Name: BleachigoZX (Bleach, ZX.....whatever works)

Brawl

*County: Bergen or Hudson...I'm not sure. Whichever Hackensack is in....

*City: Ridgefield Park

Contact Info: Aim ->BleachigoZX

College: I are in Highskool

Brawl FCs: 0130 1473 6246

*Crew: (I wanna join one.)

Darn.....I'm late aren't I.

Keitaro

****, I got alot of NJ player finder updating to do :/

Unless someone did it already.....I'll see tomorrow.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Not only is guild wars shallow and listless, it has bare 300,000 players. Wow is a world, son. It has a professional arena. Guild Wars is a joke. I'd rather play Lord of the god****ed Rings.
guild wars pvp is pretty serious as well, they hold monthly tounies for cash prizes, not only u get to play without a monthly fee...but u also can win free money, how tight is that?

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
lol, was kind of a joke cause when I first met Tec0 he ***** me with like 6 different characters but I 2 stocked his M2. It was Marth vs Mewtwo on Yoshi's Story though.
Dude I played tec0 yesterday in melee. One match I didn't scratch him (literally). I was four stocked and he was at 0%. Just goes to show how good he is and how bad I am in melee. I'm never playing melee again....

Now on to the topic on hand.... I think everyone should just step back and just chill the fu(k out.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Tec0 will **** your balls off and hypnotize you into thinking you never had balls while he's ****** them off.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dude I played tec0 yesterday in melee. One match I didn't scratch him (literally). I was four stocked and he was at 0%. Just goes to show how good he is and how bad I am in melee. I'm never playing melee again....

Now on to the topic on hand.... I think everyone should just step back and just chill the fu(k out.
LMFAO

=D

You lost to my non-Cging Icz(3 stocked...? I forgot *shrugs*) and got three stocked by my peach in brawl too :laugh:

Spam - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :chuckle: I had to pause after I did that I couldn't stop laughing. I wish I had the vid where I 4 stocked Vanz's Icz with Sheik on FD now THAT was amazing :chuckle:

<333333333 vanz :)

Yes - I <3 you I wish someone baked you a cake right now.

BleachigoZX - O_O I used to live there lol I really like that town too now all I go there for is to shop cuz I'm asian :laugh:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
spamerer plays brawl??
Yup. I win money in NJ tournaments so there really is no reason not to. I can enjoy the game casually(aka when neither player is hardcore camping or with items/FFAs/banned stages) but I still think the game sucks big floppy donkey **** competitively because the game forces you to camp.

Cia

das kwl
Yup. I win money in NJ tournaments so there really is no reason not to. I can enjoy the game casually(aka when neither player is hardcore camping or with items/FFAs/banned stages) but I still think the game sucks big floppy donkey **** competitively because the game forces you to camp.
next time i see u, we should have camp dittos.. lol

ALSO..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME THERE'S A RUTGERS SMASHFEST!?!?

i was so upset when eazy was laughing at me cuz i didn't even know it existed til it was over <_<

and i want in on those iron man MMz

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I love when you didn't post near me for a few months. Does anyone know who this kid is, yet?
That's a bit harsh. We met before? I'm a philly player...I beat 2/3 New York teams at the first Brawl tournament you hosted I think in teams? With Inui's friend? I stop by any tournaments I can go to when i'm not working or focusing on Skool, or poker, at parties, or phillies/flyers games.

RL > Video Juegos.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
That's a bit harsh. We met before? I'm a philly player...I beat 2/3 New York teams at the first Brawl tournament you hosted I think in teams? With Inui's friend? I stop by any tournaments I can go to when i'm not working or focusing on Skool, or poker, at parties, or phillies/flyers games.

RL > Video Juegos.
I don't speak German.

Top Bottom