• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
Sensei your PM box is full, so I guess I'll leave it here...no one stalk me lol.

114 radcliff place, morganville NJ 07751

1-8pm. Let me know if u are coming. Don't bring anyone else without asking me, I'm pretty much all out of room.

Edit: LOL @ sensei's new spiderman emo sig.

OneMrBean

Smash Rookie
Name: Bean (OneMrBean)
County: Atlantic
City: Brigantine
Contact Info: AIM: dsxstarx
College: Ringling College of Art + Design (Sarasota, FL)
Crew: None

- Bean

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yea, gj Jason Fox, definately a good time. Really nice to meet yall (JFox, DoYoung, Mog, and the 2 dudes' who's name I forget). Look forward to playing yall again.

Oh, and also, Eggm's too d@mn fast and Sensei uses way too many smashes, they hurt my feelings. . . and my Falco's face. Maybe I should switch to maining Jiggs. . .

P.S. also. . . Shazaam!

JFox

Smash Hero
Maining jiggs is a long term mistake that will get you no where, lol. Stick with Falco and just get better at the match.

mog87

Smash Ace
yea good stuff jfox , and im glad i finally got home in time to see the last minute of the sa/phx playoff game. Good games everybody hope to play again.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Maining jiggs is a long term mistake that will get you no where, lol. Stick with Falco and just get better at the match.
This is exactly why people think the mid/low tiers suck, if jiggs will get you nowhere then how come mango and king have so much sucess? Oh and what about darc? he placed really high in teams and singles @ cataclsym, also falco is hardly used at the very very top lelvs of smash anymore for pc to use him is a novelty and everyone else is fox/marth, forward is the only top falco left and shiz wiz, but hes not even top just extremeley good, i say if you wanna main jiggs for it your jiggs is really unique and good, its just always the same you should switch up your style with other styles and it will be real unpredictable and hard to beat. :(

JFox

Smash Hero
I just don't think you should main jiggs without having strong secondaries. I mean I love what Do Young did. He got his jiggs to be technically perfect, and learned a lot of the great jiggs mindgames. Than he decided to pick up fox and falco as secondaries for the matchups that he hates using jiggs for. But if you don't have those strong secondaries, fighting characters like Peach, Samus, Luigi, Fox(at high level), Sheik, and sometimes Marth can be an uphill battle/pain in the ***. I just dont think she is like Fox or Falco in that you can use her in any matchup.

And not as his mindgames get better, he can still go back to jiggs as a counterpick in many of his matches. Also for teams purposes you are a beast. So it always pays to have her in your inventory. I just don't think that you can get far with JUST jiggs. So basically even if you main jiggs, you still gotta work hard at your secondaries.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Peach and Samus are not hard matches for Jiggs. You can't rest combo them well at all, but you have the uber recovery in those matchups, so you can usually go way the fvck out there to edge gaurd them, while they generally have to stay at home on the edge to edgegaurd you. The matches tend to be gay as hell (5:00 + of staring at each other trying to out space or out prioritize each other), but I've never found Sami or Peaches too tough with Jiggs.

Anyway, I'm not seriously considering Jiggs as a main. My Jiggs may well be on the same level as my Falco, but I get really bored of playing some matches with her. Basically, I only really like the Falco matchup and playing her in teams, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

Also. . . Jason Fox, did I leave my sun glasses on the table in your living room?

JFox

Smash Hero
No, I don't see them here.

And I know that Jiggs does OK against Peach and Samus(although I think Samus has a bit of an edge) but I was just referring to their being a pain in the *** to fight, and not at all a fun match.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Actually samus is far easier for jiggs than fox or falco, jiggs is one of the few that samus can't edge guard ><, I have more sucess with my crappy jiggs vs samus's than with my fox or falco ><

JFox

Smash Hero
That doesn't really prove the match up is in Jiggs favor. Thats one jiggs vs one Samus. Try that on Triad and lemme know about your success. Treble is just a beast against spacies.

They both can't kill each other easily. Jiggs really has little comboing, and a lack of strength in her moves. Samus may not be able to edgegaurd, but she can just out power her. I mean Nair, Bair, missiles and Charge shot should be easy enough to take out Jiggs. Either way, that match up is annoying as hell.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Try that on Triad and lemme know about your success.
Mad EZ. He wins more against my Sheik, even. D:

The power rankings will be updated after Smashtality III, no matter what. If Triad and WoZ don't do anything to help me make a list, we'll have to get Reik or Emblem Lord or something to help out.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah, I main Jiggs, but I use secondaries as JFox would advise. My jiggs just can't handle some match-ups or some play-styles.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Name: FlipNRed
County: Essex
City: Bloomfield, NJ
Contact Info: AIM: WheresNaldo222
College: Montclair State University
Crew: None

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL, Darc prowling the boards to see if people are talking about your amazing jiggly? I'm surprised you visit the NJ Player Finder.

So what secondaries do you use, just out of curiousity.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
LOL, JFox. Pretty much so. I randomly search for my name to see if anybody talks about me. >_>

My secondaries are: Falcon, Fox, and Marth.

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyone looking to go to pound2 and need a ride? i have 1-2 spots open in my car that i'd like to fill (gas will be somewhere from 20-30)

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyone up for some memorial day smash? (monday) preferably people that are further north x.x

double post lol (a few days apart though so i don't feel bad)

JFox

Smash Hero
How about something a little closer? Hows tomorrow(friday) sound to people? I'm pretty much free all day, and I wanna smash. Anyone up for it?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think Velocity is having people over on Saturday. I think its mainly invote but if you want to go I would suggest PMing him or something.

PS. I totally posted stuff about PA people in the NJ thread. Take that Garden State.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
i need to get some practice in since i will be making atleast saturday of smashtality.... so if anyone is hosting a smashfest me and charlie want some practice

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Name: Cowtipper
County: Bergen
Town: Hasbrouck Heights
State: NJ
AIM: Cowtipper9487

Also play: Tekken 5

Top Bottom