• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Blue Battle Circuit Results round #1

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What's the reasoning behind the point scaling you're awarding for each placing? Counting down by 2 for each and every placement as you go down isn't a very balanced way to go about it. The differences in points awarded to each place should be larger between the top placings and be smaller as you go down.

There's not enough weight given to the points awarded to winners when compared to the points given to mediocre placings. M2K could go to one and completely **** the balls off of everyone to get 1st place and 20 points. Meanwhile, some other d00d gets 7th place at just 2 events and already has an equal number of points as M2K by getting 10 pts each time off of placements that aren't nearly as good.

It rewards attendance spam far too much, since you can do just as well as somebody else who places much higher than you, just so long as you attend a bit more often than they do.

Again, I think the numbers I suggested would be pretty good, and you don't have to worry about everyone getting points even if they get last. It gives the top 12 players in singles and top 6 teams (12 people) points.

They also have a point curve that is pretty reasonable imo considering the number of entrants to number of people that get points. Getting 4th place 6 times shouldn't be better rewarded than getting 1st place 4 times.
Magus = best poster.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol you're dumb for not carpooling. What are you worried about? 0 events of murder/****/something stupid like that related to tournaments/travelling have occured in the history of Smash in the entire world.

Once again, I agree with Magus.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
lol you're dumb for not carpooling. What are you worried about? 0 events of murder/****/something stupid like that related to tournaments/travelling have occured in the history of Smash in the entire world.

Once again, I agree with Magus.
w/e I don't care. I'm not that much into Smash Bros to car pool. I don't care about the satistics. I'm just not into it as much as you are.

So none the less. I just want everybody to stop talking about me. I don't care. Just stop talking about me and switch the subject.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The next one is going to be on the 25th because I'm killing Blue if he hosts on the same day as Alex's NY monthly and Season's Beatings III. :)

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
1st. Atomsk - I suuuucked. Wish I could have gotten to play you in tourney. Laaaame.
2nd. Inui - Inui, lol yeah, I still kinda feel bitter at myself.
3rd. Depuffster - lol? Nah, it's -really- sad. Like, I feel I shouldn't even consider myself good for losing to you. Same as Pierce, well from my standpoint, I don't think he said it either. Yes, you are good, but it's like... Depressing I could lose. ALSO the last time we played in tourney I -destroyed- you. :/
4th. Pierce - You had no John's besides when you played me you played ****tier.
5th. Bschung - Nice driving, wish I had slept though :|
5th. Blue - Good hosting and idea! Love it. I forgot while I was there about it, otherwise I'd have teamed with pierce. :S
7th. Vajaja - ?
7th. Blackwaltz - Quit Brawl
9th. Orion - Wish we could have had some fun yooo.
9th. Rouge Pit - 'best olimar' That's a compliment, especialy for me playing badly. Thanks, it made me ahppy. ^^
9th. Wyatt - Who's your main?
9th. Vex - PA is nice for showing.
13th. Chibo - Try not to -only- camp, maybe you would beat some people easier? I didn't get to talk to you much, wish I had. You are too nice to me :3
13th. Rob (lvl. 1) 6pts
13th. Pride - I didn't say bye to you (Same with most people) but I was actually noticing your leaveing and felt bad for not saying bye.
13th. Chill - ? Diddy?
17th. RJ - Should have placed better.
17th. Doom - Deserved to place better. Darn you for that ipod.
17st. Kai - U so cute
17nd. JB Andrew - I didn't get to play you, but I thought you were better. I didn't get to watch your fights, but dang.
17rd. Ulitma Scout - looooooool
17th. Shippo - ...
25th. Cyanide - Defeat someone now!
25th. GdDmt - ?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Atomsk- Nice stuff wish we would have won in doubles.... Too bad pit hates MK =/

Inui- I R DA PiT MASTA!!!! Naa good stuff inui we need a non-trippin wii on the tourney scene.

Depuffster- Beautiful stoof out there, forget teen titans you gotta be member.

Blue- You probably don't remember but we played at No Nonsense in Princeton in like june. Anywayz you spelled my name wrong... i get that a lot Ro"gu"e not Ro"ug"e.

Blackwaltz- i feel ya dude, i got 2 hours of sleep before the tourney, and it really kicked in against the D3. But nice friendlies with you, Pikmin spam ftw

Orion- Orion 2-stocked M2k's D3 in a money match with falcon. NAa I'm kiddin nice stuff dude.

Rogue Pit- Great stuff I love the arrow loops, your super Sexy.

Vex- Boozer is broken.

Chibosempai- Chobo do you have Some pie?

Pride- Best Yaishe Alive no doubt.

Chill- dude i felt so bad playing against you, that i kinda wanted to let you win.

JB Andrew- HAnds down best Weegee i fought, can't get too confident dude.

Ulitma Scout- Gotta teach me more about pokemon.

Cyanide Kewl friendlies with the Zamus, gotta U-tilt more even if you lose the match it looks sexy.
Btw hows my "Raiool"? *Wolf*

Pure7d- Probably funniest converser during a match, wish we could had a set marth vs pit again.

So ehh why didn't 3rd place get money again?

ADHD

Smash Hero
blackwaltz my god stop forgetting me im wyatt also chromepirate. . . diddy..........

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Back then only Diddy mainers knew about glide tossing.
Ninja Edd and I perfected glide tossing on like.. February tenth, and added it into out AT thread way back when. EVERYONE knows about that ****, and it was m2k's fault for not knowing the match up.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
Its amazing how I play gay when I'm a person who hates and refuses to main characters like MK
i use him against meta, falco, and ddd which, in nj, is most all the time,and he is kinda better than my toon link due to this, but i dont consider that as maining someone. i guess our opinions on what a main is is different. (talking about inui's comments to me) and yes, i hate using meta. he makes me feel so dirty. id rather place higher than care though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i use him against meta, falco, and ddd which, in nj, is most all the time,and he is kinda better than my toon link due to this, but i dont consider that as maining someone. i guess our opinions on what a main is is different. (talking about inui's comments to me) and yes, i hate using meta. he makes me feel so dirty. id rather place higher than care though.
Using a character the vast majority of your tournament matches and having that character be your best makes that character your main.

Your Toon Link is nothing but a terrible joke at this point. You can't even compete with random D tiers I use like Samus anymore unless you're Meta Knight. If you want to say you main Toon Link, you're going to have to put a lot of work into him.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
Using a character the vast majority of your tournament matches and having that character be your best makes that character your main.

Your Toon Link is nothing but a terrible joke at this point. You can't even compete with random D tiers I use like Samus anymore unless you're Meta Knight. If you want to say you main Toon Link, you're going to have to put a lot of work into him.
lol i use him once in a day and u expect me to be at my best with him. plus u camp the hell outta me (samus zair for example). i dont do that in friendlies with toon link. and yes, he is worse, but i still like him more and want to main him. i wouldnt go as far to say hes a terrible joke though. meta is a tier higher u know, so he will automatically be better than any other character i use, even if the lower tier one has more skill and experience. i will be working on him more though now. ur words have hurt me T.T and inspired me to step up da toon.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
My Captain Falcon is better than my Samus and Samus is a better character. My Marth is better than every S tier besides Meta Knight. Tiers don't matter THAT much and Toon Link and Meta Knight aren't that far apart that it should matter so much.

Just actually play Toon Link if you want to main him. Otherwise...you main Meta Knight. He's your main, imo.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
lol i use him once in a day and u expect me to be at my best with him. plus u camp the hell outta me (samus zair for example). i dont do that in friendlies with toon link. and yes, he is worse, but i still like him more and want to main him. i wouldnt go as far to say hes a terrible joke though. meta is a tier higher u know, so he will automatically be better than any other character i use, even if the lower tier one has more skill and experience. i will be working on him more though now. ur words have hurt me T.T and inspired me to step up da toon.
Your toon link goes 0-2 with me.

Play MK.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
My Captain Falcon is better than my Samus and Samus is a better character. My Marth is better than every S tier besides Meta Knight. Tiers don't matter THAT much and Toon Link and Meta Knight aren't that far apart that it should matter so much.

Just actually play Toon Link if you want to main him. Otherwise...you main Meta Knight. He's your main, imo.
AHH!! ill never turn to the gay side! ur not my father vader... er... lucas =P im gonna use da toon more, but i still refuse to use him on falcos and metas. its TOO hard. i cant handle it T.T they gimp him (meta)and do too much camping to handle (falcos lasers). i realized that i need olimar practice recently too.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LMAO I heard Dave only beats Cyanide with Meta Knight. This is really true? If so, daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Edit @ Dave: Meta Knight isn't that bad for Toon Link. Just camp him and play smart so you don't get gimped.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sesshomaru010101 (11:33:31 PM): lol @ u and cyanide
Sesshomaru010101 (11:33:41 PM): cyanide is 17 and has more freedom than you
Sesshomaru010101 (11:33:44 PM): DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
Tell him about how you're grounded, little boy. :laugh:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
lol u suck more than u did now. i bet i can toon **** u. if my meta 3-stocks u, then my toon should 2-stock u. and i 3-stocked u in melee too! and i dont play! luls at u!
Lol buddy, at my level of melee play jiggs is s-tier beyond belief, seeing as she requires almost no tech skill in comparison to other characters.

You haven't played me with your MK in tourney since Terrabite 1, so anything you say about your MK and ****** me is irrelevant (The match you lost in that set was, once again, your T. Link).

Stick with MK, buddy.

EDIT: LOLLLLLLL @ inui's post, that's sad as ****ing hell.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
I'm surprised Dave is allowed to be online this late. :laugh:

Cyanide, challenge Dave's TOON LINK to a money match. :)
lol im not allowed online this late. my parents dont know im up. =( ill mm you cyanide. 1 dollar is all i do in brawl. ill see you sometime. my parents are *****es as youve probably heard, so i dunno when ill be at a tourny. i basically have to get my mom to say ok and not tell my dad at all.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
lol im not allowed online this late. my parents dont know im up. =( ill mm you cyanide. 1 dollar is all i do in brawl. ill see you sometime. my parents are *****es as youve probably heard, so i dunno when ill be at a tourny. i basically have to get my mom to say ok and not tell my dad at all.
You're in ****ing college. You're over 18.

Stop being a *****.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I had more freedom when I was 16.

Me at 16: "Dad, I'm going to take a train by myself to Johnstown, which is 6 hours away, and stay at a friend's house for literally a month."
Dad: "When do you need a ride to the train station?"

LMAO

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeaaah the whole context of it is that at some tournament a while back, ninjalink was doing all this crazy **** like teching off the bottom of battlefield to make it back to recover but he still didnt win cuz he basically got like game and watched to death even tho gaw is like a mad basic character, so it was kind of like wow this is gay, learning **** doesn't matter in this game when i can just be basic lol

anyway sorry for gettin involved in yo drama enn jay...but some things just have to be commented on -_-

Top Bottom