• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Blue Battle Circuit Results round #1

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
I had more freedom when I was 16.

Me at 16: "Dad, I'm going to take a train by myself to Johnstown, which is 6 hours away, and stay at a friend's house for literally a month."
Dad: "When do you need a ride to the train station?"

LMAO
me this friday after the ny tourny:
Mom: "Where the hell were you? Why are you just getting home at 4:30? Didn't I say to be home at midnight? ... You're grounded. Forget going to a tournament this coming weekend."

Dad: "F**k your games! You're done forever! I'm gonna kick your f**king a** if you just ignore me again!"

Me: "Uh... Whatever. You done?"

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
My parents are control freaks.

I had trouble going to my friends house from a few houses away, let alone another town :laugh:.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
yeaaah the whole context of it is that at some tournament a while back, ninjalink was doing all this crazy **** like teching off the bottom of battlefield to make it back to recover but he still didnt win cuz he basically got like game and watched to death even tho gaw is like a mad basic character, so it was kind of like wow this is gay, learning **** doesn't matter in this game when i can just be basic lol

anyway sorry for gettin involved in yo drama enn jay...but some things just have to be commented on -_-
Mastery of the basics > pretty techniques. Always.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That's so true, Ether.

Basics... Reminds me of my Sheik beating super crazy Fox and Falco players like Chinesah and Eggm in Melee. :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What a stupid thread lol. All that complaining with Dapuffster was useless, seeing that he was practically right lol. Everyone says it, NL is overrated. Don't get me wrong though, he did extremely well that one tourney.

As Magus said, spread the points system furhter apart. Look at how the ECRC and ANMC do it.

I posted all my shoutoutz in the the atl north tourney thread already

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
atomsk - good **** getting 1st again. You are also 1st place in 'coolest dude'
inui - thanks, it means a lot coming from you. and... it's too bad this game has tripping...
dapuffster - didnt get to play you this time, lets get friendlies in next time since you don't MM
pierce - quit sandbagging son. thx for knocking me out
blue - lol... next time, instead of a best of 3 set, we should play 1 match with a 21-minute timer...
blackwaltz - quit getting pierce to sandbag. thx for sending me to losers' bracket
RJ, Kai, Doom - 17st/17nd/17rd ? you guys are better than that... step it up
Pennsylvania - good stuff coming all the way out here, wish i played more of you guys
this thread - first one i've actually read all the way through. each episode was pretty funny

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Eh, I can't take Brawl that serious. I mean at the very least I can probably give you a run for your money. How about if you MM me in melee I'll MM you in brawl :)
Lol, YEHS can tell you how the melee MM will go >_>

Since we'd break even I'd say not do it at all xD

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Lol, YEHS can tell you how the melee MM will go >_>

Since we'd break even I'd say not do it at all xD
**** + roy dittos on pokefloats = awesomeness :laugh:

Also...don't assume you can beat him in brawl. Ultimascout is good imo and a rapeful teams partner :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Also...don't assume you can beat him in brawl. Ultimascout is good imo and a rapeful teams partner :D
I've already played him, he was at Blue's thinger.

I'm 99.9% sure that I'd win a Brawl MM, and 999% sure I'd lose the Melee one.

xD

UltimaScout

Smash Lord

Haha, thanks for the much love. However I find it difficult to remain focused in brawl. Camping is no fun and you are forced to do that frequently, so I find myself saying **** it and just spaming fair at people cause it's funny.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So if theres not going to be a Blue Battle Circuit next week is there not going to be any tournaments except for the one on friday this week?

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
What's the reasoning behind the point scaling you're awarding for each placing? Counting down by 2 for each and every placement as you go down isn't a very balanced way to go about it. The differences in points awarded to each place should be larger between the top placings and be smaller as you go down.

There's not enough weight given to the points awarded to winners when compared to the points given to mediocre placings. M2K could go to one and completely **** the balls off of everyone to get 1st place and 20 points. Meanwhile, some other d00d gets 7th place at just 2 events and already has an equal number of points as M2K by getting 10 pts each time off of placements that aren't nearly as good.

It rewards attendance spam far too much, since you can do just as well as somebody else who places much higher than you, just so long as you attend a bit more often than they do.

Again, I think the numbers I suggested would be pretty good, and you don't have to worry about everyone getting points even if they get last. It gives the top 12 players in singles and top 6 teams (12 people) points.

They also have a point curve that is pretty reasonable imo considering the number of entrants to number of people that get points. Getting 4th place 6 times shouldn't be better rewarded than getting 1st place 4 times.
First off, NO, im not making it easy for someone to come first at my tourney and think they can come to only half and win. That i will not do. If you want to win then you attend the tournies like everyone else. Not even M2K will get free rides by winning a couple of tourney's and then not show for the rest bc he as way to much points. thats abismal. So NO the point system stays but i did adopt the other rule of ppl with ties.

So if theres not going to be a Blue Battle Circuit next week is there not going to be any tournaments except for the one on friday this week?
Im hosting my tourney this week. It is a weekly. No matter what inui say, im hosting it. if he doesn't show then he doesn't oh well too bad. im not stopping a tourney for him. As host im not doining favors for those who may already have a chance at winning and bc the wanna go to ohio or NY i shouldn't host mine. So yes puff, im Hosting the Blue Battle Circuit this weekend. everyone has about a month to earn points to enter for a chance to win a wii system so even if you miss a couple you should still make top 20.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
First off, NO, im not making it easy for someone to come first at my tourney and think they can come to only half and win. That i will not do. If you want to win then you attend the tournies like everyone else. Not even M2K will get free rides by winning a couple of tourney's and then not show for the rest bc he as way to much points. thats abismal. So NO the point system stays but i did adopt the other rule of ppl with ties.

Im hosting my tourney this week. It is a weekly. No matter what inui say, im hosting it. if he doesn't show then he doesn't oh well too bad. im not stopping a tourney for him. As host im not doining favors for those who may already have a chance at winning and bc the wanna go to ohio or NY i shouldn't host mine. So yes puff, im Hosting the Blue Battle Circuit this weekend. everyone has about a month to earn points to enter for a chance to win a wii system so even if you miss a couple you should still make top 20.
Ok, thats cool then. =D

Gives me a week more to get my Diddy ready to beat Inui.
Got to put some training and confidence if I want to win. Those tips that AlphaZealot has for Diddy and those tips that M2K wrote about vsing MK should help alot.

Magus420

Smash Master
First off, NO, im not making it easy for someone to come first at my tourney and think they can come to only half and win. That i will not do. If you want to win you attend the tournies like everyone else. don't actually need to be an exceptional player, but just be "pretty good" and have plenty of free time and money to spend on attending my tournaments every single week which most people, particularly those that live a considerable distance away or aren't always available every weekend, won't be able to do. That way you can beat out much more talented players with time and money instead of your actual skill at the game.
A bit more accurate imo.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
A bit more accurate imo.
lol sry to be a jerk about it, but then dont show if you think you deserve to go to half the tourneys and think you already won. what you are saying is that for those who are equal in skill, one should sky rocket wih points. well, im sry that my rule doesn't sit well with you. i know you mean well, but if it bothers you so much then do that at your tourney. much love to you magus and believe me if you do host something like it i'll show out of love and respect. but i'll still run my tourney the way it was planned. the winner of my tourney gets a wii system so i will not make it that easy to win bc someone earned massive points bc of a win that prolly wasn't that great in skill level above the other.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How dare you think you can lay claim to every Saturday and force people to either attend your circuit or not get points.

I'm not asking you to wait another week just because I'm leaving. I'm also asking because you're going to harm the attendance of a larger event that's already been set in stone for a while.

Do not show disrespect to fellow hosts.

I'm asking you nicely one more time. Do not host your circuit event this week.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah i have to agree with inui for once lol, the system disproportionately rewards attendance over performance.

Say m2k shows up to only half and wins them, if there is any kind of consistency in results if people show up to the rest and one person wins the other half and even gets points for showing up then they will still do better than m2k, lol

randommkstarfoxmeleesuck6969 shouldn't be doing better than a ranked player just cuz said player is going oos to win bigger and better things/doing other **** while aforementioned random has nothing to do on weekends but play brawl

this isn't a kindergarten gym class, you shouldn't be giving a nice little "good job" sticker just for showing up, you should be getting points for winning and showing consistent results.

the points system is supposed to encourage competition not attendance

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, whatever. Screw taking a big risk in Ohio. I want points and easy money here.

Edit:

JerodgenBlue (11:15:50 PM): i'll host next week
Nvm then. See you NEXT week, NJ.

Edit2:

JerodgenBlue (11:18:50 PM): u know what
JerodgenBlue (11:18:50 PM): no
JerodgenBlue (11:18:50 PM): im hosting
Sesshomaru010101 (11:19:22 PM): LOL are you absolutely sure this time???
LMAO

So I guess I am indeed coming to the Blue weekly.

Teaming with Waltzzzz.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow giving up a cool trip to ohio for this?
u dont care for the game at all and just want "easy" money. i wish the community had less ppl like u

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wow giving up a cool trip to ohio for this?
u dont care for the game at all and just want "easy" money. i wish the community had less ppl like u
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

I wish you had the balls to say this sort of stuff in person, but you don't.

I'm sorry to disappoint weaker players like yourself that thought they'd win this. My condolences.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Actually first RU brawl weekly Inui said something like "I want to be the best pit in the nation." Then it went to "Pit sucks in singles I'm using Dedede." Then it went to "Marth is amazing!" After the "Marth sucks" phase he said he's in it for the money and said, "Snake's too broken not to use!" Then "Metaknight is a god! I'm just gonna win with him."

I have no problem with that I just think it's funny. :) good luck in teams with waltz lucas.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol sry to be a jerk about it, but then dont show if you think you deserve to go to half the tourneys and think you already won. what you are saying is that for those who are equal in skill, one should sky rocket wih points. well, im sry that my rule doesn't sit well with you. i know you mean well, but if it bothers you so much then do that at your tourney. much love to you magus and believe me if you do host something like it i'll show out of love and respect. but i'll still run my tourney the way it was planned. the winner of my tourney gets a wii system so i will not make it that easy to win bc someone earned massive points bc of a win that prolly wasn't that great in skill level above the other.
lmao blue, the issue is that you're making it easy for someone who lives nearby and not making it fair to people who can't come as often. Say there are ten of these "Blue Battle Circuit" tournaments.

Suppose localA goes to all ten of them and gets 13th at all of them.
localA now has 60 points.

btw these are some of the following ways to get 13th if 26 ppl are there
1)
lose immediately in winners with no bye
win two matches in losers bracket
lose

2)
lose in winners with no bye
get a bye
win one match in losers
lose

3)
win one match in winners with no bye
lose
win one match in losers
lose

possibly more?

Interestingly enough...lets look at one possible way to get 17th
lose
lose

This is the same amount of wins as someone who got 13th. Let's say just to pick the worst possible option, that localA got 13th every time via the second possibility. With a total of ten wins in tournament, they are at 60 points.

Now let's say curseOfFiveB comes to five tournaments and gets fifth at all of them. He has 60 points.

some ways to get fifth

1)
bye
win
lose
win
win
lose

2)
win
win
win
lose
lose

Both of these include three wins. curseOfFiveB has gotten fifteen wins in tournament. localA has gotten ten wins in tournament. curseOfFiveB had to beat better people later in the bracket and localA had to beat someone who was sent to losers fairly early.

Now let's talk about bracketRapedC. bracketRapedC came to all ten of the tournaments but got 17th at all of them and won one match at every tournament. bracketRapedC has 40 points. bracketRapedC has won the same amount of times as localA but because his brackets are always unlucky he got 17th while localA got 13th.

To summarize, curseOfFiveB is obviously more skilled and has even won more often then localA but he has the SAME amount of points. bracketRapedC has come to the same amount of tournaments as localA, he has the same amount of tournament wins as localA, but he has 2/3s the amount of points. Is this really fair? I call shenanigans.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
lmao blue, the issue is that you're making it easy for someone who lives nearby and not making it fair to people who can't come as often. Say there are ten of these "Blue Battle Circuit" tournaments.

1)
lose

2)
get a bye
win one match in losers
lose

3)
lose
win one match in losers
lose

possibly more?

lose
lose

This is the same amount of wins as someone who got 13th. Let's say just to pick the worst possible option, that localA got 13th every time via the second possibility. With a total of ten wins in tournament, they are at 60 points.

Now let's say curseOfFiveB comes to five tournaments and gets fifth at all of them. He has 60 points.

some ways to get fifth

1)
bye
win
lose
win
win
lose

2)
win
win
win
lose
lose

Both of these include three wins. curseOfFiveB has gotten fifteen wins in tournament. localA has gotten ten wins in tournament. curseOfFiveB had to beat better people later in the bracket and localA had to beat someone who was sent to losers fairly early.

Is this really fair? curseOfFiveB is obviously more skilled and has even won more often then localA but he has the SAME amount of points.

Teh_Spamerer for Prez

Gamingwolrd

Smash Journeyman

1)
lose

2)
get a bye
win one match in losers
lose

3)
lose
win one match in losers
lose

possibly more?

lose
lose

some ways to get fifth

1)
bye
win
lose
win
win
lose

2)
win
win
win
lose
lose

Now let's talk about bracketRapedC. bracketRapedC came to all ten of the tournaments but got 17th at all of them and won one match at every tournament. bracketRapedC has 40 points. bracketRapedC has won the same amount of times as localA but because his brackets are always unlucky he got 17th while localA got 13th.

To summarize, curseOfFiveB is obviously more skilled and has even won more often then localA but he has the SAME amount of points. bracketRapedC has come to the same amount of tournaments as localA, he has the same amount of tournament wins as localA, but he has 2/3s the amount of points. Is this really fair? I call shenanigans.
You definitely seem to have put A LOT of thought into all of it. And I personally want done the fairest way(not to say this isn't fair). But the only thing I agree on is if Person A shows up to all of Blue's event and does OK and Person B shows up to half and does above average/good but better than OK that Person B is getting an invite over someone who has been dedicated. The NE Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs last year after winning 8 games in a row, no one said to them"You know what don't show up for the rest of your games." Your going to the playoffs any way.

If you have what you feel is a better system that still rewards dedication but does reward people that just dominate in tournaments, why not position it. If there's 10 of them and someone just owns for like 7 of them, aka M2K, then realistically the math says he's probably getting an invite to the special tourney. But someone's not showing up twice winning the tournament and getting an entry to the tournament. Even someone like Inui and Atomsk have shown dedication and they do seem to dominate in these tourneys, if they continue coming they'll probably lock up a spot a couple of tournaments before the special invitation one starts.

Top Bottom