• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait...the shovel knight amiibo is a thing...so is he getting into Smash? Any new rumors/developments regarding that?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The reason why Ash's source has credibility is due to the fact that he got details that were apparently very credible and had some sort of truth to them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
though remember guys. 3/4 years after the ballot ends we will have something new to look forward too and speculate about! a new smash!
Which Sakurai probably won't be directing, :4darkpit::4diddy::4duckhunt::4gaw::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4megaman::4mewtwo::4mii::4ness::4pacman::4rob::4robinm::4ryu::4sheik::4sonic::4wiifit: all get kicked out for not being relevant and the only newcomers are completely boring like an extremely dumbed-down Inkling and Baby Yoshi.
*applauds*

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1.) They like a video game character. You despise them for rationalizing support for something they like?

2.) Why do any of the reasons anyone has for any character matter? Sakurai doesn't read Smashboards for game development ideas.
I despise their arguments because of how flawed and trashy they are. I said I despise (some, i should add) the ones in the Smash fandom. I have to constantly state I actually love SK and his game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The reason why Ash's source has credibility is due to the fact that he got details that were apparently very credible and had some sort of truth to them.
Which details did he apparently get right?

When is this thing supposedly happening again?
8 PM PST on the Yacht Club Games Twitch Channel. That's the livestream when they're going to be talking about the future of shovel Knight. It's speculation there might be a Smash Reveal during the livestream. Although it's still speculation.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I despise their arguments because of how flawed and trashy they are. I said I despise (some, i should add) the ones in the Smash fandom. I have to constantly state I actually love SK and his game.
You know it's also kind of trashy to call someone trashy for doing something as small as supporting a fictional character.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Nah he just wrote a bunch of descriptions about Shovel Knight's moveset etc. which for some reason made Ash think he's credidible.
Nothing.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The Amiibo. He also listed things like a moveset and a stage, which too him apearently seemed all too real to be fake.
Nah he just wrote a bunch of descriptions about Shovel Knight's moveset etc. which for some reason made Ash think he's credidible.

Nothing.
No, read what I said above.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
When is this thing supposedly happening again?
If you're talking about the stream where Shovel Knight may or may not be confirmed to be in Smash, it's at 8 PM PST, I believe. So about 3.5 hours from now.

You know it's also kind of trashy to call someone trashy for doing something as small as supporting a fictional character.
In fairness I think he's calling the arguments trashy, not the people.

domokl

Smash Lord
Which Sakurai probably won't be directing, :4darkpit::4diddy::4duckhunt::4gaw::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4megaman::4mewtwo::4mii::4ness::4pacman::4rob::4robinm::4ryu::4sheik::4sonic::4wiifit: all get kicked out for not being relevant and the only newcomers are completely boring like an extremely dumbed-down Inkling and Baby Yoshi.
*applauds*
Could you imagine if a hypothetical new director cut sonic?. The uproar would be colossal.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If you're talking about the stream where Shovel Knight may or may not be confirmed to be in Smash, it's at 8 PM PST, I believe. So about 3.5 hours from now.
STREAM?
Linklinklinklinklink
Please? :4pacman:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Ok.

You realize only one argument for or against any character matters, right? That argument is whatever comes from Sakurai.

What sense does it make cultivating negative emotions (either against people or arguments) when you're not arguing with the one person who's opinion actually matters?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So when Smash speculation is over, will we celebrate or be sad?
Personally, I'll feel about the same way I did when the main game's speculation ended.....and Brawl's, too.

It'll be bittersweet. Awesome that we'll know everything, but sad and empty because Smash speculation is extremely fun and interesting, and it only comes around once per console generation (and even though the next console is apparently around the corner, I think Smash NX won't come around until the later half of the system's lifespan unless they just do an expanded port of SSB4).

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok.

You realize only one argument for or against any character matters, right? That argument is whatever comes from Sakurai.

What sense does it make cultivating negative emotions (either against people or arguments) when you're not arguing with the one person who's opinion actually matters?
Ugh

You don't seem to get that debates exist. Sakurai's judgement overrules all but I like to debate with others about the arguments for a character. It's not going to matter if SK gets in or doesn't get in.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It's pretty clear at this point that the amiibo is all that's happening. And it's got nothing to do with Smash.

We've gotten info about how it's gonna work, apparently it adds co-op and stuff to Shovel Knight. Also, so far it's only been stated to work with Yacht Club games, so we'll have to see if it even adds anything to Nintendo games.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Personally, I'll feel about the same way I did when the main game's speculation ended.....and Brawl's, too.

It'll be bittersweet. Awesome that we'll know everything, but sad and empty because Smash speculation is extremely fun and interesting, and it only comes around once per console generation (and even though the next console is apparently around the corner, I think Smash NX won't come around until the later half of the system's lifespan unless they just do an expanded port of SSB4).
But it brings out the worst in us so good riddance.

I hope the next Smash game just throws all easy speculation out the window and spoil us like crazy, that way limited leaks

Chrono.

The Amiibo. He also listed things like a moveset and a stage, which too him apearently seemed all too real to be fake.

No, read what I said above.
With all due respect, just saying things like a moveset doesn't really mean he's credible.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Ugh

You don't seem to get that debates exist. Sakurai's judgement overrules all but I like to debate with others about the arguments for a character. It's not going to matter if SK gets in or doesn't get in.
Right. Debates exist. I understand that. Why get emotionally involved though? It's not worth it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, that Yacht Club stream will be happening soonish...
I dunno about you guys, but I seriously don't think it's going to be anything more than them playing and talking about the Plague Knight DLC.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
But it brings out the worst in us so good riddance.

I hope the next Smash game just throws all easy speculation out the window and spoil us like crazy, that way limited leaks
It doesn't bring out the worst in me.

I'm generally a sarcastic, snarky douchebag regardless. :awesome:

Soul.

I feel the same way with competitive Smash honestly. The depth, advice, techniques/matchups/whatever, that stuff. Characters are [un]arguably the main part of the game(s) so I really can't say speculation is **** because if there's no characters, there is no game.

However, I've personally grown tired of speculation since mid-July of 2014, if only because arguments/salt always happen, and everyone gets disappointed. It's kinda why I prefer competitive Smash more than speculation Smash, as fun as the discussions may be.

Also since you mentioned NX I can't wait until it's 2016. I need to hear more of that system. And the 3DS' successor...

Chrono.

Sakurai hasn't posted anything on Twitter, Smash Twitter hasn't done anything either.

I'm pretty sure nothing's happening tonight.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just an FYI: I have an extremely busy day. I might pop in and out, but if you have any requests, please PM me. I'll get to them whenever I can.

Most of the Japanese posts are "hurry up and localize" with some "who?".

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, probably.
Also, I just noticed you have the best signature ever. Kay-o.
I say YES to you.

And I also guarentee the twitch chat will be nothing but "SHOVEL KNIGHTS IN SMASH" and "WHAT ABOUT THE SHOVEL KNIGHT AMIIBO????/"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom