• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I hate you guys and your puns

I hate the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash, his game is just shovelware :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

In all seriousness, if all this holds true, then this is literally the third time within roughly over a year a major leak showcased Sakurai defying Smashboards' conventions with playable characters.
Indeed.
Perhaps maybe we shouldn't stick by our established "rules" on character selection anymore, eh?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If this is true smash speculation is over and predicting sakurai is impossible. Anyone who ever thinks they have an educated guess is wrong. There truly is no way to predict sakurai.
Honestly we've been saying this since he announced Wii Fit Trainer, and again when he announced Rosa and so on.

Sakurai just lives in a world of his own.

I'm not sure if I'd be fine with Shovel Knight unlike all the rest, because something about adding Indie characters opens up a WHOLE new can of worms.

Not much we can do at this point if true, though.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As I said before, I guess it's time for me to play Shovel Knight.

I'm sure he'll impress me if he truly is in the game. I can't even count the amount of times I've doubted a character in Smash only for me to either love them or be completely fine with them.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well this is officially my very first post from college. Its nice to say "im a college student"

It took me forever to catch up. . .

R mika hype!
SFV hype!

Shovel knight. . . ****

If this is true smash speculation is over and predicting sakurai is impossible. Anyone who ever thinks they have an educated guess is wrong. There truly is no way to predict sakurai.
I don't see how Shovel Knight being added would kill speculation when Ryu was unable to.

Shovel Knight at least has a following. Ryu was pretty much considered a no hope character thanks to the unspoken "One character per third party" rule and the mistranslated statement that Sakurai wouldn't put fighting game characters in Smash.

Even though he's a much, much bigger icon and did more to earn his spot in the game, he was completely unexpected. Shovel Knight's got people wanting and hoping for him.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i hope people remember @Tama source said sometime between 1-2 months when ash's source said tonight.I do however want to know whos is right

Chrono.

Ash's "source" seems pretty weird to me, I'm sure it's just a random guy messing around.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So when Smash speculation is over, will we celebrate or be sad?
I expect a lirtle less than half of us to be dancing in a swimming pool of tears from most of the other half, while a fair percentage sit on beach chairs nearby catching sun rays because they couldn't care less.

But just remember NOTHING is confirmed right now.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know there's one thing I despise about the Shovel Knight for Smash fans.

How every reason they use for why SK should be in mostly relates to how a first party got in.

"ROY WASNT KNOWN EITHER!!!!" He's a first party

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It'll be a bittersweet feeling. On one hand I enjoy having something to look forward to, but at the same time having a complete roster is gonna feel nice.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I wonder if the Shovel Knight amiibo will open the gates to third party amiibos. I don't mean like amiibos of third parties but amiibos made by third parties. They'd need Nintendo's approval of course.
YOOKA LAYLEE YOOKA LAYLEE
there truly is no way to predict sakurai.
for some reason this reminded me of the "Shia LaBeouf" song...
...brb making a parody of that song for Sakurai

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ash's "source" seems pretty weird to me, I'm sure it's just a random guy messing around.
They could've literally just swiped something from Smashboards' Butt Butt thread, slapped a random date and sent it to Ash when it's muh relevant.
Bada-bing, bada-boom, leak material

Soul.

I expect a lirtle less than half of us to be dancing in a swimming pool of tears from most of the other half, while a fair percentage sit on beach chairs nearby catching sun raus because they couldn't care less.
That seems accurate.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
new info on shovel knight amiibo from
http://nintendoeverything.com/game-brighton-claims-that-a-shovel-knight-amiibo-is-happening/

Coop Multiplayer (Wii U exclusive)

• Enter a friends’ game and shovel together!
  • Special Coop-Moves support you on your journey together.
Full flexibility:

• Enter the level where you destroy your enemies and find precious treasures (sth. is off about this sentence)
  • Earn never seen relicts, skills and powers.
  • Alter the appearance of your Shovel Knight with cool cosmetic details.
User your personal amiibo seamless on Wii U and 3DS.

• The Shovel Knight amiibo will work with all Nintendo Products that Yacht Club Games will create in the near future.
  • Compatible with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Wii U.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

How every reason they use for why SK should be in mostly relates to how a first party got in.

Generalizations.
I have never used any logic like that and I don't know anyone that has.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
To everyone who made posts about me being "made fun of": relax.

@Zoroarking didn't mean anything bad by calling me the "villain". I've actually referred to myself as the villain of the Leaks group on numerous occasions, especially when talking about the months before the base game's full roster was known. I may not be the most loved person here now, but back in the day, I was pretty unanimously hated to the point where people actively tried to get me kicked out of the Leaks group. Wasn't until the Japanese version of SSB3DS came out that people started warming up to me. As much as they could, at least. :p
I think I'm one of the only people who never argued with you or had any kind of beef haha

D

Deleted member

So assuming Shovel Knight is in smash, when he is going to be announced?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Generalizations.
I have never used any logic like that and I don't know anyone that has.
"KING K. ROOL IS TOO UGLY TO BE IN"

I expect a lirtle less than half of us to be dancing in a swimming pool of tears from most of the other half, while a fair percentage sit on beach chairs nearby catching sun raus because they couldn't care less.
And then there's the Ridley fans :troll:
*fires shots*

domokl

Smash Lord
though remember guys. 3/4 years after the ballot ends we will have something new to look forward too and speculate about! a new smash!

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman

1.) They like a video game character. You despise them for rationalizing support for something they like?

2.) Why do any of the reasons anyone has for any character matter? Sakurai doesn't read Smashboards for game development ideas.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Co-op In Shovel Knight? How does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom