• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nothing of importance is happening right now and can we atleast try(ad i know i'm asking for a lot with 70 users) can we try to have a logical discussion on how if shovel knight gets in he practically breaks a chunk of fan-made rules

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So according to Ash Paulson's source, Shovel Knight will be announced tonight.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fifzqx0Kk

A Wonder Woman lunchbox is apparently offensive.
"Humanity was a mistake"
Oh my god a Wonder Woman lunchbox? How could her parents allow her to bring something so awful to school?!
Why does it seem like the most overzealous idiots always wind up in school administration?

I wouldn't put much stock in that tbh. Even though I said the same thing about Tama, lol.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nothing of importance is happening right now and can we atleast try(ad i know i'm asking for a lot with 70 users) can we try to have a logical discussion on how if shovel knight gets in he practically breaks a chunk of fan-made rules
You implying we are going to have logic here. It's memes and fun posting on how it's gotten so crazy despite nothing of note happening right now.

For God sakes, SK isn't even confirmed as a fighter and people here are losing their minds over nothing, @epicmartin7 said that this place is exploding when really were just getting the usual size of the Smash 4 Social with 30% less kids

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I don't think it breaks any "rules" if you consider him representative of Indie as a whole. Like I mentioned in my post, he's reminiscent as an indie character to the old NES/SNES days the same way the founding fathers of the genre (games like Cave Story and La Mulana) were. He's just notable because Lemeza is a little too obscure and Cave Story's time has passed in the cultural eye.

He'd fit, and I'd be happy to see him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not sure if your post is a passive aggressive jab at mine or not, it sort of feels like it.
Twas in response but it was not meant to be passive agressive. Sorry if it came off that way.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Yes but as Ash himself has stated, people should take this with a grain of salt (or a few trucks worth) since his source, who has asked to stay anonymous, appears to be some random joe (from my understanding).

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All I know and 100% believe for certain right now is that I want that Shovel Knight Amiiibo sitting proudly in the collection.
That and anticipation to see what the amiibo will actually DO in the game and future games.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Twas in response but it was not meant to be passive agressive. Sorry if it came off that way.
It's alright.

I do generally agree that Sakurai picks who he likes, but I also think the criterion provided was broad. I'm just keeping in mind that Nintendo is a business, and things like that really start to show with DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if the Shovel Knight amiibo will open the gates to third party amiibos. I don't mean like amiibos of third parties but amiibos made by third parties. They'd need Nintendo's approval of course.

Well this is officially my very first post from college. Its nice to say "im a college student"

It took me forever to catch up. . .

R mika hype!
SFV hype!

Shovel knight. . . ****

If this is true smash speculation is over and predicting sakurai is impossible. Anyone who ever thinks they have an educated guess is wrong. There truly is no way to predict sakurai.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To everyone who made posts about me being "made fun of": relax.

@Zoroarking didn't mean anything bad by calling me the "villain". I've actually referred to myself as the villain of the Leaks group on numerous occasions, especially when talking about the months before the base game's full roster was known. I may not be the most loved person here now, but back in the day, I was pretty unanimously hated to the point where people actively tried to get me kicked out of the Leaks group. Wasn't until the Japanese version of SSB3DS came out that people started warming up to me. As much as they could, at least. :p

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I feel like we should just make a bunch of Shovel puns and jokes to pass the time.
You guys dig? Good idea? :drshrug:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Or we could post nothing but Team Fortress 2 shovel kills. *read rules* Or not.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like we should just make a bunch of Shovel puns and jokes to pass the time.
You guys dig? Good idea? :drshrug:
You may as well be digging your own grave by suggesting that. I can only imagine the dirt we'd dig up.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Japanese gamer reactions to the ESRB leak was a pretty interesting and kinda funny read.

Expect the unexpected. There, I predicted what Sakurai does.
Ehhhhh, he's a mixed bag when it comes to that.

His announcements range between the super obvious (Palutena, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Sonic in Brawl) and the completely out of left field (Snake in Brawl, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, The Koopalings).

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think Sakurai adds who he thinks would be fun.

Our "reasoning " be damned.
Sakurai will forever put the asterisk mark near every titled thread and forum of the Smash speculation scene, entitled, "We don't know what the **** we're talking about."

Followed by *laughs*

In all seriousness, if all this holds true, then this is literally the third time within roughly over a year a major leak showcased Sakurai defying Smashboards' conventions with playable characters.

EDIT: Are we about to be buried with Shovel Knight puns?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom