• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Yacht Club Games keep on denying the Shovel Knight Smash Rumors. The strange part is that they don't even mention the youtube video or Tamaki's video.
Well they're not gonna say yes.

Asking Yacht Club is pretty silly

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Knuckles Mii brawler costume they said the next Smash direct will be after 2 days!
HYPE!!!

jk :troll: plz dont hurt me i was just bored...
Nintendo please hurry up! i am getting tired of waiting something huge to get announced :drsad:
I certainly ain't chuckling.
Robot's don't chuckle though

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Actually the k rool thread brings up a good point.Wasn't there a leak about a guy saying that nintendo was considering using shovel knight since the very beginning?Anyone know were we could find that leak

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually the k rool thread brings up a good point.Wasn't there a leak about a guy saying that nintendo was considering using shovel knight since the very beginning?Anyone know were we could find that leak
I vaguely remember reading something like that. Buuuuut it could just be coincidence.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yacht Club Games keep on denying the Shovel Knight Smash Rumors. The strange part is that they don't even mention the youtube video or Tamaki's video.
so should i be the one to point out there talking aboout the amiibo or do we want to ignore that fact?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I think the discussion on this forum has gotten a little too salty. All this sodium can't be good for me.
What? If theres no Shovel Knight amiibo, theres no Shovel Knight, plain and simple.
They are referring to the one that uses the Smashified artwork, not the most recent rumor. But again, asking Yacht Club isn't the way to go.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey guys! Just thought I'd pop in with a little info (good and bad news).

So, all of you remember that "Smash-Fest" thing that happened at Best Buy, right? Well, at mine, I met someone from Nintendo who was a relations worker or whatever (he goes back and forth between the US and Japan). Anyway, being one of the first ones there on June 11th (I think that was the date), I had an awesome conversation with him. I asked him if he knew of any other characters that weren't announced yet, and he said that Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff were all returning (which was confirmed), and I asked him if Mewtwo, Ghirahim (can't spell his name), and Dixie Kong were in, but he said they weren't (either he didn't know the full roster or that proves Mewtwo wasn't held back from the final game). Now, why am I saying all this now? Because it didn't seem appropriate before. I mean, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff were all pretty safe bets. So...

Anyway, the guy gave me his business card, and additionally, his cellphone number. I still have them to this day. I won't disclose his name as I don't want to get him into legal trouble (and he's also a really nice guy). There are a large group of people like him working for Nintendo, so they won't figure out who it is.

So last night, I decided to call him for the first time in forever. I reminded him that we talked at the Smash-Fest and asked if he knew what Nintendo is saying about the ballot. And... so... apparently, nothing about King K.Rool is floating around Nintendo at ALL.

Everyone is talking about Shovel Knight, if ANYTHING. Not even Rayman, not even Shantae, not even Banjo-Kazooie. Shovel Knight.

Due to it's incredible success, Nintendo wants to try and "secure" Yacht Club Games for some exclusive titles by making Shovel Knight a character in Smash. Now, don't take this the wrong way. He's not confirmed AT ALL right now, but everyone seems to be talking about him and discussing move-sets. Of course, this is just in the US. He doesn't know what's going on in Japan right now.

We continued talking a little bit more, and he said Roy and Ryu are DEFINITELY on their way (and a lot of people at Nintendo of Japan are PISSED right now). Mario's mascot may be a plumber, but the company sure has a lot of leaks...

I swear though, this guy is AWESOME. He gave some pretty sick Pikmin merch at Smash-Fest and let me hang around for several matches (on the 3DS and Wii U versions). Blow-off all this if you want, but there's one thing we know for sure now, and that's either Nintendo REALLY doesn't care about the ballot, or K.Rool's chances aren't as good as we initially thought.

So, good news, Shovel Knight has a good chance of being a character, and Roy/Ryu are on their way. When? He didn't know.

Bad news though, K.Rool isn't being brought up at all (except for Retro and that Twitter thing, but apparently, they're being REALLY overshadowed).
:3

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Knuckles Mii brawler costume they said the next Smash direct will be after 2 days!
HYPE!!!

Nintendo please hurry up! i am getting tired of waiting something huge to get announced :drsad:
You asked for it.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think he'll even care. He'll just keep deleting tweets and blocking people, and everyone will move on, like every leaker. He might even enjoy the negative attention.
He'll have no credibility, though. He'll care when people completely stop watching his videos.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
HYPE!!!

To your credit, I can't even be mad.
That's well done.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This whole Shovel Knight Scenario is intriguing, not sure what to make of it though.... I am not gonna lie, I really hope it's real, I love Shovel Knight!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My only thing about Shovel Knight is that it kind of goes against what Sakurai said with Takamaru. He said with the latter that if he was more notable in the west, he would've made him a playable character and didn't do so because of that. Shovel Knight has very little presence in Japan and it seems odd to me that one character who has a limited presence in one side of the world is excluded for it while another was included despite it.

Either way, I'm not going to give this too much mind. If it ends up being true, then it's true and we finally have a new DLC character to talk about. If not, then this guy's credibility takes a huge hit and we know to be even more cautious when taking his word into account, kind of like what happened and Hiro with the Pokémon XY leaks.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Smash's next DLC pack will consist of John Cena, Stone Cold and Bret Hart.

Hulk Hogan was planned as the 4th character but he was removed due to racism and replaced by Juan Cena.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Hulk Hogan was planned as the 4th character but he was removed due to racism and replaced by Juan Cena.
>No Brock Lesnar with a Suplex City stage
:glare:
Also does Juan Cena fight like Pikachu Libre?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
>No Brock Lesnar with a Suplex City stage
:glare:
Also does Juan Cena fight like Pikachu Libre?
Brock is a DLC Assist. He suplexes everyone on stage 10 times each before leaving for 6 months.

Nope, Juan is just a reskin of John with a mask. Think Dark Pit.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Where the hell is The Rock? Or Undertaker?

I'm boycotting this DLC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think people are jumping too quickly to criticize Tamaki. From what I've seen he only uses sources he feels are very reliable, I think he's a very credible source. far more so than any other leaker. The fact that he's even reporting on this leads me to trust in him seeing as I don't think he's the sort of person who would make a statement without having a great deal of confidence in what he's saying.

Even still I don't care about leaks and rumours. Unless information is given in an official statement it means nothing to me. All I'm saying is that I think we should definitely respect what Tamaki has to say and not just dismiss it, if he turns out to be wrong this time then oh well, I just won't be so trusting of his information in future.
I don't think he's making things up, I just think he might be putting his faith in bad sources (European retailers, for digital content from a Japanese developer.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder when the Plague Knight DLC comes out.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Macho Man or bust.

On a serious note, Shovel Knight would make an exceptional Mii costume.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll believe the leak when I see it. I don't care what the hell his track record is, I just don't see it happening.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'll believe the leak when I see it. I don't care what the hell his track record is, I just don't see it happening.
His track record is also far from spotless, and his most impressive leaks come from European development teams. If it happens it happens, we'll just have to wait and see.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd be more than happy with a Mii Fighter costume for him...and this is coming from someone who hasn't bought one yet.
It's because i don't want him in the game and it's better than having him as a fighter

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If it is fake, he is sadly Digging his own grave.

If it's true, it is Ground Breaking.

I guess we'll have to wait all Knight for the truth.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I mean its not like shovel knight isnt popular hes popular around reddit and YouTube. Im not changing my stance on this and still think the dude is lying for attention and i still believe there are 50 characters who should get on before him buts its not like hes isnt popular in the west

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nintendo is unusually quiet on their twitter account today. I feel like something's going to happen today. The atmosphere just seems right to me...
Or it could be my faulty instincts again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom