• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Another thing to keep in mind about this is that if we are getting Shovel Knight for Smash at PAX like he says, then keep an eye on Sakurai. Every time we've gotten a newcomer or major DLC update, he's always the one who'll at least hint at it (ex. retweets of the directs) or tell us about it (ex. Robin/Lucina's trailer). So if PAX has something for us to pay attention to, he will likely tell us in the next couple days.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Another thing to keep in mind about this is that if we are getting Shovel Knight for Smash at PAX like he says, then keep an eye on Sakurai. Every time we've gotten a newcomer or major DLC update, he's always the one who'll at least hint at it (ex. retweets of the directs) or tell us about it (ex. Robin/Lucina's trailer). So if PAX has something for us to pay attention to, he will likely tell us in the next couple days.
Will he never said hell be be revealed at PAX just that there was a small change but i do agree we should watch sakurai

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
*me on sora_sakurai's twitter account*
Focusing...

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Smash's next DLC pack will consist of John Cena, Stone Cold and Bret Hart.

Hulk Hogan was planned as the 4th character but he was removed due to racism and replaced by Juan Cena.
Star Man is better than all of them combined. In all seriousness, though, he needs to be in the next Smash Bros game (if not DLC for Smash 4). Smash needs a grappling based character and Star Man would be perfect.

D

Deleted member

So, today has been nothing but SK discussion?
I'm not reading all these pages

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I kind of want Shovel Knight to be real despite the fact I have no real stance on him either way.

Mostly because he changes the perceived rules of how Sakurai picks characters that people have made up rather than based in complete logic as is said.

No one has ever been good at reading Sakurai. Time and time again he's surprised us, this would just be yet another case, but a pretty big one.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i just realized that i may have given the wrong impression on my thoughts if isaac should be in smash

make no mistake i hate golden sun with a passion how ever i want isaac in smash...just not as much as other people
like in a list of one million characters i want in smash isaac is the million but id still be okay with him getting in

heck i can even see golden sun as the perfect rpg you give a 5 year old the story is bare bones the characters non existant and its nice enough to force you down the most linear of paths and itll even teach you how not to make an rpg

in short i hate golden sun because its a bad game but because its a bad game i love the good that can be done by using it as an example like "this is why camelot isnt allowed to make anything other than sports games" or "even if you cant write a character to save your life they will still be better written than isaac"

so to make my opinions clear "While i hate golden sun you love it, and thats just fine"

man that sounds like a childrens book teaching kids its okay to have opinions....quick make that the thread title

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Star Man is better than all of them combined. In all seriousness, though, he needs to be in the next Smash Bros game (if not DLC for Smash 4). Smash needs a grappling based character and Star Man would be perfect.
You sure about that?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
You sure about that?
The real Star Man is better. It's funny, though, I never thought about the similarities. Considering Cody is a big video game fan, I have to wonder if his gimmick might be an homage to the classic NES title. Has he (or anyone else) ever brought this up?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know there's a thread dedicated to him right here

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-wi...r-ssb4-dlc-thread-under-new-ownership.340005/

Not shilling but if you want him, then come on for the support

No because this was incredibly obvious.

Nintendo kept Pokemon on the down low this year, saving all the big guns for next year.
Pokeyman Z time folks

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No because this was incredibly obvious.

Nintendo kept Pokemon on the down low this year, saving all the big guns for next year.
Also not only because was it super obvious what that's reporting about.

The Shovel Knight thing can't just be swept away because of an attitude of ''LULZ 0/10 I KNOW MASHED POTATO SAMURAI AND HE NEVER THINK OF SHOVEL KNIGHT. LOL SHOVEL KNIGHT IS INDIE TRASH."

It's a far more valid topic for a Smash related board than pretty obvious Pokemon news.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, I kind of want Shovel Knight to be real despite the fact I have no real stance on him either way.

Mostly because he changes the perceived rules of how Sakurai picks characters that people have made up rather than based in complete logic as is said.

No one has ever been good at reading Sakurai. Time and time again he's surprised us, this would just be yet another case, but a pretty big one.
^
I am ready to be psychologically tortured by this man time and time again.
Ahem...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i just realized that i may have given the wrong impression on my thoughts if isaac should be in smash

make no mistake i hate golden sun with a passion how ever i want isaac in smash...just not as much as other people
like in a list of one million characters i want in smash isaac is the million but id still be okay with him getting in

heck i can even see golden sun as the perfect rpg you give a 5 year old the story is bare bones the characters non existant and its nice enough to force you down the most linear of paths and itll even teach you how not to make an rpg

in short i hate golden sun because its a bad game but because its a bad game i love the good that can be done by using it as an example like "this is why camelot isnt allowed to make anything other than sports games" or "even if you cant write a character to save your life they will still be better written than isaac"

so to make my opinions clear "While i hate golden sun you love it, and thats just fine"

man that sounds like a childrens book teaching kids its okay to have opinions....quick make that the thread title
You know... this isn't helping your case at all.

It's making it worse.

Your hate boner is getting so strong that you have to hate it every chance you get.

Your just making yourself look idiotic.
You don't like it, we get it, but there's a way to do so without making a spectacle.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My hold up about Yacht Club getting to make the announcement is....

Why would Nintendo let a company announce content for their game?

You'd think Nintendo would want to be in charge of any announcement.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think it's obvious he's having the time of his life playing the Stardust character, so I don't really mind it when I half watch it some nights.
Cody is a really gifted performer every stupid gimmick WWE has gave him he ran with but he is better than this hes definitely main event/high mid card status with the work he do in the ring

Chrono.

Well PAX starts this Friday, if we really are getting Smash news then I'm Sakurai would say something in his Twitter around today and tomorrow.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
*sigh*

I swear, call me someone with anger issues, but...

WHY SHOVEL KNIGHT BEFORE RAYMAN?!! Better yet, why Shovel Knight before certain Nintendo characters? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
*sigh*

WHY SHOVEL KNIGHT BEFORE RAYMAN?!! Better yet, why Shovel Knight before certain Nintendo characters? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!
It's fake anyway. You don't have to be angry. Nothing will be revealed at PAX.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
*sigh*

Well, if you really think about it? The "rules" of Smash had to evolve or change at some point.

Inkling, any new major FE character, a breakout Pokemon, Dixie, K. Rool, Toad, and the forbidden Ridley are the only MAJOR all stars of Nintendo left to add at this point in time.

Then with third parties pass the ones we have now? The further you add? The less ''iconic" they'll be even if they do matter to games.

And retro characters are just surprise blasts from the past.

I've been thinking it, but not saying it, but really we're at a point in the franchise's history where Sakurai is going to have to make some surprising left turns instead of just going right all the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want Shovel Kbight in because I like his character and game and he has the potential to be a ubique fighter
Meanwhile, arguments agaisnt him involve the fact he is an indie character, which sounds more like a pro than a con tbh
But that's none of my business *srinks cup of tea*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, people are going "SHOVEL KNIGHT HYPE" and "NO NOT THAT INDIE TRASH WHY" in equal measure. Nothing is confirmed.
The guy's got some stuff wrong, and some stuff right. This could go either way.

EDIT: I wonder how many tries it will take before this post comes out how I want it to. >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom