• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Tamaki: "Shovel Knight is probably the next playable character, and he'll be revealed at PAX."

*PAX comes, Wayforward reveals Shantae in Smash, YCG's megaton announcement is a Meta Knight boss fight*

*Tamaki deletes video*

D

Deleted member

I dont think they will announce a character at PAX either. Especially since PAX is American focus, and hasn't had any mega news there...ever.
Wasn't Sonic revealed at PAX for Brawl right before his page went up on the DOJO!! or was that at a different event?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Tamaki: "Shovel Knight is probably the next playable character, and he'll be revealed at PAX."

*PAX comes, Wayforward reveals Shantae in Smash, YCG's megaton announcement is a Meta Knight boss fight*

*Tamaki deletes video*
Haha, That was actually what I thought of myself.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
At the end of the day I don't really care who gets in as DLC, but Shovel Knight has one game that's a multiplat. He may NEVER have a game again and be forgotten in 5-10 years.
I literally can't think of a character that would dillute the roster of Smash Bros. more. Not Geno, Not Shantae, Not Bayonetta. He is the very definintion of "just any character." He would just be a baffling choice.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Calling it now, the megaton announcement for Shovel Knight is that some of the Smash amiibo is compatible with the Wii U version of the game

At the end of the day I don't really care who gets in as DLC, but Shovel Knight has one game that's a multiplat. He may NEVER have a game again and be forgotten in 5-10 years.
I literally can't think of a character that would dillute the roster of Smash Bros. more. Not Geno, Not Shantae, Not Bayonetta. He is the very definintion of "just any character." He would just be a baffling choice.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I just find it baffling that when it comes to characters, even from a third party standard, he's considered over even Rayman, a character who isn't on my want list but is straight ignored for a year old indie franchise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

*Tamaki deletes video*
Someone needs to get a mirror of it and re-name it to "Here's why you don't trust Tamaki" if he is speaking from the wrong end of his digestive system.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If he's not right, this will ruin him....although if he is right, it will make him.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys new leek:

Seriously guys don't click this if you don't want it spoiled.
Nintendo are planning a "random 3rd parties we pulled out of our asses" pack (actual name). It will include:
Shovel Knight
Bubsy Bobcat
Aero Acrobat
Free bonus characters: Darker Pit and Pink Gold Palutena

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Guys new leek:

Nintendo are planning a "random 3rd parties we pulled out of our *****" pack (actual name). It will include:
Shovel Knight
Bubsy Bobcat
Aero Acrobat
>No Bonk or Plok

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
When Tamaki's last project backlashed (Devil's Third), there wasn't that much of a fanbase which made it not as bad. What he's dealing with now is a Lion. A Lion who has the power to make or break him. Look at what the Smash Community did when Nintendo stopped Melee from being played at EVO 2013. Nintendo actually recanted their decision because of us and we aren't even a big group compared to others. So I would be careful if I was him.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys new leek:

Nintendo are planning a "random 3rd parties we pulled out of our *****" pack (actual name). It will include:
Shovel Knight
Bubsy Bobcat
Aero Acrobat
you know all jokes aside bubsy would be hype

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
When Tamaki's last project backlashed (Devil's Third), there wasn't that much of a fanbase which made it not as bad. What he's dealing with now is a Lion. A Lion who has the power to make or break him. Look at what the Smash Community did when Nintendo stopped Melee from being played at EVO 2013. Nintendo actually recanted their decision because of us and we aren't even a big group compared to others. So I would be careful if I was him.
It's more like a
Young Lion :4feroy:
:estatic:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys new leek:

Shovel Knight
Bubsy Bobcat
Aero Acrobat
"Darker Pit"? Christ. How many shades of Pit are we getting?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's rather cathartic. He was acting pretty smarmy before.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And then we get told off for spamming spoiler tags.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If he's not right, this will ruin him....although if he is right, it will make him.
I don't think he'll even care. He'll just keep deleting tweets and blocking people, and everyone will move on, like every leaker. He might even enjoy the negative attention.

Chrono.

Tamaki's pretty much digging his online grave.

He better hope what he says comes true or it's not gonna be pretty lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
99% of the people on SmashBoards right now
That's because it's always been that way.

We got nothing for APEX this year, nothing from Comic Con last year and this year, nothing from Gamescon, nothing from EVO this year, nothing from other events and rarely ever Nintendo announcements at PAX Prime now?

Because we're desperate

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The only option we really have is sitting here and waiting until something comes up. We won't really know until the next reveal trailer.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That's because it's always been that way.

We got nothing for APEX this year, nothing from Comic Con last year and this year, nothing from Gamescon, nothing from EVO this year, nothing from other events and rarely ever Nintendo announcements at PAX Prime now?

Because we're desperate
I know, which is the reason Im not hype or anything. I just need something to hold me over until Mario Maker, and the speculation is running dry. Cant wait to go home and buy Shovel Knight :4luigi:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Knuckles Mii brawler costume they said the next Smash direct will be after 2 days!
HYPE!!!

jk :troll: plz dont hurt me i was just bored...
Nintendo please hurry up! i am getting tired of waiting something huge to get announced :drsad:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Knuckles Mii brawler costume they said the next Smash direct will be after 2 days!
HYPE!!!

[/spoiler]
Nintendo please hurry up! i am getting tired of waiting something huge to get announced :drsad:

The thing is, I thought the image was real for a second....

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Yacht Club Games keep on denying the Shovel Knight Smash Rumors. The strange part is that they don't even mention the youtube video or Tamaki's video.

Chrono.

HYPE!!!

I actually thought it was real for a second... :facepalm:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm really expecting Wolf be announced in October, to be launched with Star Fox Zero.
And they will announce that in January or somewhere near they will launch the first ballot character.
(Maybe they show the results.)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well, if Shovel Knight ends up being real, the "Sakurai doesn't care about the West" claims can be thrown away into the bin.
Not really I feel, cause it would be more to please Americans, then Europeans, since Europe and America cont as the west as whole. It be more fitting for us to be able to throw that out the window if we have Shovel Knight for Americans, and Rayman for Europeans

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yacht Club Games keep on denying the Shovel Knight Smash Rumors. The strange part is that they don't even mention the youtube video or Tamaki's video.
inb4 they're lying to keep it a secret.

I'm really expecting Wolf be announced in October, to be launched with Star Fox Zero.
And they will announce that in January or somewhere near they will launch the first ballot character.
(Maybe they show the results.)
Probably. I'm still on that train for Wolf being the last preballot character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom