• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really don't have much of an opinion on Shovel Knight myself. Probably because I've never played his game.....

Though eitherway, I'd probably prefer Shantae myself since I have played one of her games and it was pretty neat...

Last edited:

Chrono.

New Copypasta guise (bad language in the link, no real spoilers though)

EDIT: nvm, topic's gone already

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've played Shovel Knight and loved it, but I still don't want him in Smash.

If he got in anyway, I'd play the hell out of him if he's fun to use.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, if it's true, I'm happy for you Shovel Knight fans, I'm against his inclusion, but I won't spoil your guy's hype.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Cody is a really gifted performer every stupid gimmick WWE has gave him he ran with but he is better than this hes definitely main event/high mid card status with the work he do in the ring
Cody, not WWE, created the Stardust persona. He's a huge comic book fan and also wanted a gimmick that paid tribute to his brother. I think it's smart to show another side of himself and this gimmick is allowing him to do just that. When (or if) he does return to being Cody, it'll mean a lot more than had he been himself this whole time. To be honest, the standard Cody Rhodes gimmick seemed put on and had very little depth. His best stuff was being Dashing Cody Rhodes and wearing the mask. I felt they ended that too soon.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I feel I need to reiterate how Pax works, from someone who goes every year.

There isn't even a venue for Nintendo to make an announcement. There's no big hall where the different game companies go to give presentations. There's just a show floor, and Nintendo's booth is usually smaller than some of the average third parties, even. Even last year's Nintendo booth, which was one of the largest they've ever had, with lots of Smash Bros setups, was smaller than Ubisoft's. They also never participate in the (extremely popular) pin trading community, despite Sony, Microsoft, and practically all the big third parties doing so.

Let me just give a list of companies that have more floor space than Nintendo this year: Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, 2K Games, Capcom, Deep Silver, Bandai Namco. The list goes on. You think Nintendo couldn't get more floor space than 2K Games? Of course they could. But they choose not to.

All this to say, Pax is not very important to Nintendo. They show up, but it often feels more like an obligation than a genuine interest in reaching out to fans.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Cody, not WWE, created the Stardust persona. He's a huge comic book fan and also wanted a gimmick that paid tribute to his brother. I think it's smart to show another side of himself and this gimmick is allowing him to do just that. When (or if) he does return to being Cody, it'll mean a lot more than had he been himself this whole time. To be honest, the standard Cody Rhodes gimmick seemed put on and had very little depth. His best stuff was being Dashing Cody Rhodes and wearing the mask. I felt they ended that too soon.
if that's the case and this is something he wants than i can respect the stardust role but i still believe that he above the role and is still one of underrated in-rong performers wwe has.And yes the Dashing cody rhodes gimmick ended wayy to soon

D

Deleted member

While this could be true, I want to point out that Sega actually removed Sonic 4 entirely from iOS at one point. So Konami could just have some other reason for this.
The article talks about that these are games that cost money and dpnt make them as much as their Free to Play games. So it just depends if they have any of these ip's still on the app store somewhere, because Sega probably still had some sonic on IOS when they removed 4

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So he backpedaled again and said it's coming 'soon' but not PAX.

LOL I'm done.

Let's talk about something else, what podcast you guys listen to?

Chrono.

So far the only review I've seen that didn't completely trash Devil's Third was Famitsu's and they barely count as it is.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
lol, he still wonders why people are getting tired of his ****. 'I've never heard of this relatively popular character who doesn't really have much against them'
You know what?

I'm so tempted to ask about Paper Mario.....

SO TEMPTED!!!

just to see his reaction :)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I can't wait for all the spaghetti that will be spilled in the next few days during PAX.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
lol, he still wonders why people are getting tired of his ****. 'I've never heard of this relatively popular character who doesn't really have much against them'

... How did he not know this character.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I've been thinking it, but not saying it, but really we're at a point in the franchise's history where Sakurai is going to have to make some surprising left turns instead of just going right all the time.
Yeah, you probably forgot what Smash is all about.

It's not all about "OMG, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!! SAKURAI IS SUCH A TROLL, LOL!!!" Yes, surprises are cool, but to an extent.

This game is about seeing Nintendo characters and iconic third-party characters duke it out. If it were all about surprises, we would probably be seeing Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy in the game, but it's not.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

... How did he not know this character.
To be fair and honest to the guy (even though he's a jerk) most people in the general gaming audience that don't play Nintendo games or just people who played them in the past that I show the Kirby characters too?

They only recognize Kirby and sometimes go ''Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy!" @Dedede.

Bandana Dee's importance and reach has been over-estimated. He's kind of like a start up version of Toad. He could be Kirby's Toad, but just hasn't put in the appearances of Toad yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair and honest to the guy (even though he's a jerk) most people in the general gaming audience that don't play Nintendo games or just people who played them in the past that I show the Kirby characters too?

They only recognize Kirby and sometimes go ''Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy!" @Dedede.

Bandana Dee's importance and reach has been over-estimated. He's kind of like a start up version of Toad. He could be Kirby's Toad, but just hasn't put in the appearances of Toad yet.
Problem with this argument. Tamaki has 'insiders'. The insiders would give him info on anything and everything they find. Kirby sells pretty well, not to mention he should have gotten inside info on stuff like KRTDL too

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee is not that famous guys... You all know him because you often come on this site and are looking at potential newcomers.
Maybe this guy doesn't know every single Nintendo character...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As a side-note, if Bandana Dee does get in he'll probably just be called Waddle Dee.

And Mario fans will start demanding a playable Goomba in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom