• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Miles Morales and dull don't belong in the same sentence. I love that kid. I'd rather read about him than Peter Parker who has perpetual man-child syndrome because Marvel refuses to let him grow up.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Miles Morales and dull don't belong in the same sentence. I love that kid. I'd rather read about him than Peter Parker who has perpetual man-child syndrome because Marvel refuses to let him grow up.
I like Miles but I feel like he kinda had a slow and bad start. But he grew into his own character and I love him for it. Peter's problem is that like what you said but it's due to keeping the status quo the same.

• Broke
  • Being JJJ's lackey
  • Relationship problems
  • Always living with his Aunt
  • He's a 17 year old trapped in a 28 year old body.

Mayday Parker being a next gen Spidey was great with Pete as a teacher for his daughter was nice but nope, heroes can't grow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, you know what Marvel character deserves a movie? She-Hulk. whether or not she's slutty in a potential movie, I'd watch it. Then again, I hear She-Hulk fans hate her slutty part in the comics. Considering what DC did to Starfire I can kinda see why

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
At the same time I don't see how it can be offensive. It's saying that any one character can be any race. Which is technically true since we all have very different personalities.

If the character's race is iconic to who they are like Marvel feels Peter Parker's is to him (though I don't know that I agree as his character development has nothing to do with the fact he's a white dude), or Blade/Storm (The X-Woman)/Black Panther/Miles Morales have to be black/blatino. Then changing them is offensive.

But how is offensive to say that someone other that a white dude can be Johnny? I see it more as embracing everyone's differences and that we can all be any type of character or thing.

I think the problem with Jordan as Storm isn't that he's black. It's that while he's talented he didn't get it on talent. They didn't audition anyone else for that part. Trank literally just gave it to him because they were friends.
I really don't want to get into a racial debate.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
@Huarbolo

I won't be able to do anything on my Wii U for a week starting right after the tourney, so here's Hired Emblem: Miiverse Edition again.

This came from my Screenshot Album if you were wondering.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's another homemade President question for y'all.

What is your favorite Nintendo gaming rumor? Like, L IS REAL

EDIT: I mean ingame things. Not like E3 leaks

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Actually, you know what Marvel character deserves a movie? She-Hulk. whether or not she's slutty in a potential movie, I'd watch it. Then again, I hear She-Hulk fans hate her slutty part in the comics. Considering what DC did to Starfire I can kinda see why
Starfire's character is something I hate in the sense of people caught on to her attitude and slutty ways now and want how she is pure, happy-go-lucky and moe-like status from the TT cartoon.

Even then, Raven's character was drastically different in the cartoon from the comics. Especially when Beast Boy is involved. Poor guy.

This leaning towards theory status but anything Zelda and Metroid related

D

Deleted member

Mew in the truck
It's something I wish they would actually do, a Pokemon hidden after a bunch of specific and hard tasks

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just had an argument with one of my friends because he doesn't want to watch Ant Man and would prefer to watch Fantastic 4 despite what all reviews are saying.
It somehow turned into him arguing Marvel super hero movies don't have diversity and people can't relate to characters if they're all white males.
Someone help him, Tumblr is consuming his mind
Let him watch Fantastic 4 and then see if he's willing to argue that randomly making a character black while keeping his sister white was better than Gordon Gecko: Retired Superhero.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also remember those rumors about unlocking Toad and Charizard in Melee if you get 10 kills in Cruel Melee.

Time absolutely wasted.

WELL DAMN
Sonic in Melee I guess.

I'm seriously wondering whether I should get a PS4, I have a job so money isn't that much of a deal
I rather wait for a price drop.

D

Deleted member

Gonna start an Y Nuzlocke
No items.
First encounter only.
Final Destination.

Nicknaming theme: this thread's members
Who should be my starter and after who should I name it?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't want to get into a racial debate.
Wasn't asking for one. I'm not trying to be tumblr.

I just think that washing over a white character's skin is usually not as racist as washing over the skin of an ethnic character.

Typically because the ethnic character's skin tone has already been rooted into them and who they are and how it affected them, while the white guy or girl character is only white because it's ''clean" or the ''default."

Which is true of most of white characters in comics, they were created in a time where the waters weren't as friendly for anything that was ''different".

Take Kamala Khan for example.

There's no way in hell she'd have been as successful as her solo series is if she were in a different time period.

This is why most of white superheroes are white. Not because it actually affects their personality or character and who they are.

D

Deleted member

Phone is stupid and keeps rotating my pic
Anyways, going with the female trainer because the male clothes options suck
I'm gonna try to actually start the game now
20150807_161244.jpg

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
MvC 2 never cut anyone. For God sakes it has 2 Wolverines, a playable Servbot and goddamn Sonson of all people.

The roster was rehashed from CoTA, X-Men vs SF, MSH, MvC1 SF Alpha 3 and Darkstalkers

I covered that last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom