• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the homogeneity in the films is sooorta bad, particularly considering how both black widow and (especially) wasp are kinda shoved aside
(wanting to watch FF over ant-man though... jeez)
Like, I get that, but he seems to forget these are movies based on last century's comics, it was already hard to have female heroes in them but having homossexual or black characters in the likes of it was almost impossible.
I'm all for sexual/racial diversity, as long as it doesn't feel forced or out of character, like changing a character's sexuality or skin color just for the sake of diversity which seems what he expects to happen
*cough* black Human Torch*cough*
Well... Antman spoiler
The fact they show off the Wasp suit at the first post-credit scene should say enough, they have plans

But Antman's stupidly unique because it's a heist movie instead of...Wait, he's talking about the fact the Human Torch is black now, right? Besides, I could relate to the male heroes at times
I think people should try to relate to character's traits instead of their skin color or whatever.
I can relate to Anna because she loves money and she's a female B^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@PushDustIn I can haz translation plz?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm black and Human Torch being a black guy offends me since his race shouldn't matter especially considering him and his sister are twins. So if he's black, she should be as well

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
based on the little rabbit dude im guessing they adding Kirby items to that one game for the 3DS home screen icons

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why nobody can make good taglines.

I mean, I can't really think of one myself for Bomberman, but "Bombs in" sounds like it took half a second to think up. Very lazy.
Perhaps because most of the people making these mock-ups are not professional graphic designers, and it's a Smash-mas Miracle that they are capable enough, with whatever graphic program they are using, to recreate a similar composition in the first place?

Personally, I find the official layout theme, in general, very uninspired. I supposed the issues are highlighted even more when the fans start coming up with their own ideas and interpretations.

Then there's the fact that the official taglines most likely went though multiple rounds of revisions and approvals. The common fan does not have the luxury of a large team of professionals to run their ideas by.

Then there's the fact that the fan-made taglines aren't trying to sell anything, so they have much few people to impress.

Of course, there's always the possibility that they just couldn't be bothered to be creative, or didn't see the need.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So many nonleak fake images ahh
News? I need to get back home

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
[Badge take center-Ru] of "Kirby" badge arrived. Character request from customers was very often is finally appeared in the badge. There is also gift of free play, please visit us by all means.

Google makes no sense.

D

Deleted member

I'm black and Human Torch being a black guy offends me since his race shouldn't matter especially considering him and his sister are twins. So if he's black, she should be as well
I wouldn't even mind if BOTH were black, it's more that it doesn't make any sense and they're just doing it for MUH DIVERSITY.
Nick Fury is a great example of this done right.
Black Nick Fury is better than White Nick Fury but I think this is due to Samuel L. Jackson more than anything, really

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I wouldn't even mind if BOTH were black, it's more that it doesn't make any sense and they're just doing it for MUH DIVERSITY.
Black Nick Fury is better than White Nick Fury but I think this is due to Samuel L. Jackson more than anything, really
"ENGLISH LOKI, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"
Holy ****ing **** you're right!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
TIL when you download something from the 3DS eShop, you can move the screen around ala Melee and Brawl's CSS.

I've had this system since 2011 and yet I didn't know this.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Black Nick Fury is at least a thing in the comics (Ultimate Marvel universe) so it makes sense. Samuel L Jackson works so well because Ultimate Nick Fury was based on him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Black Nick Fury is at least a thing in the comics (Ultimate Marvel universe) so it makes sense. Samuel L Jackson works so well because Ultimate Nick Fury was based on him.
'We want to make Nick Fury like you, can we?' 'Yes, but only if I get to play him in the movies'
Oh no, I'm just surprised people say it seriously in 2015
That's pretty much the same thing...
TIL when you download something from the 3DS eShop, you can move the screen around ala Melee and Brawl's CSS.

I've had this system since 2011 and yet I didn't know this.
WAIT WHAT *boots up 3DS* Oh wait, I still haven't sent it for repairs *cries*

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Actually Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Sue Storm/Invisible Woman are not twins and never have been. Sue has always been his older sister who has tried to keep Johnny's hot hotheadedness in check. It's a fundamental part of their dynamic.

I don't even mind the adoption angle for them because adopted siblings can feel hella close.

The fact that Sue appears to be the younger one in the new movie is the thing that changes their dynamic most.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Damn, Foleo wants to wear dresses with Lady Corrin in his confession. Lol, Soleil's embarrassed with feeling love for a guy in hers!
Speaking of Soleil, I want to know her supports with Kamui/Corrin, but if I google it, all I see is 'ERMAHGERD I DIDN'T LOOK AT THIS WELL AND I THINK IT'S HOMOPHOBIC'

D

Deleted member

Actually Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Sue Storm/Invisible Woma are not twins and never have been. Sue has always been his older sister who has tried to keep Johnny's hot hotheadedness in check. It's a fundamental part of their dynamic.

I don't even mind the adoption angle for them because adopted siblings can feel hella close.

The fact that Sue appears to be the younger one in the new movie is the thing that changes their dynamic most.
But is one of them adopted in the new movie though?
Damn, Foleo wants to wear dresses with Lady Corrin in his confession. Lol, Soleil's embarrassed with feeling love for a guy in hers!
Speaking of Soleil, I want to know her supports with Kamui/Corrin, but if I google it, all I see is 'ERMAHGERD I DIDN'T LOOK AT THIS WELL AND I THINK IT'S HOMOPHOBIC'
Foleo gives you not only a ring but also makes your wedding dress
Other husbandos only give you a ring
Foleo:1
Everyone else:0

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nick Fury is just an angry asshole in general. He's just more awesome as he is now.

Actually Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Sue Storm/Invisible Woma are not twins and never have been. Sue has always been his older sister who has tried to keep Johnny's hot hotheadedness in check. It's a fundamental part of their dynamic.

I don't know whether it was one of the cartoons or Ultimate that had the Storm siblings twins but still had the dynamic of Sue being the mature one while Johnny is hotheaded as usual.

But then I also remember how FF with Spider-Man is ****ing hilarious. Especially both Sue and Johnny wanting a piece of that Spidey ass

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But is one of them adopted in the new movie though?

Foleo gives you not only a ring but also makes your wedding dress
Other husbandos only give you a ring
Foleo:1
Everyone else:0
I never knew Foleo was a crossdresser, might end up having his dad making babies with someone. Not me, this gal's for Jakob (seriously, Joker was perfect!)
Actually Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Sue Storm/Invisible Woman are not twins and never have been. Sue has always been his older sister who has tried to keep Johnny's hot hotheadedness in check. It's a fundamental part of their dynamic.

Considering they made Doom a ****ing alien I'm not surprised

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've always thought that making formerly white characters black was actually offensive to black people.

If they want to increase the number of minority-ethnic super heroes they should be inventing new ones. Or at least using the ones they've already got better (Black Panther, Luke Cage, War Machine, Blade etc).

I absolutely loathe casting choices like making Storm a black guy. I'd be just as outraged if they cast anyone but a black guy to play Blade, too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've always thought that making formerly white characters black was actually offensive to black people.

If they want to increase the number of minority-ethnic super heroes they should be inventing new ones. Or at least using the ones they've already got better (Black Panther, Luke Cage, War Machine, Blade etc).

I absolutely loathe casting choices like making Storm a black guy. I'd be just as outraged if they cast anyone but a black guy to play Blade, too.
At the same time I don't see how it can be offensive. It's saying that any one character can be any race. Which is technically true since we all have very different personalities.

If the character's race is iconic to who they are like Marvel feels Peter Parker's is to him (though I don't know that I agree as his character development has nothing to do with the fact he's a white dude), or Blade/Storm (The X-Woman)/Black Panther/Miles Morales have to be black/blatino. Then changing them is offensive.

But how is offensive to say that someone other that a white dude can be Johnny? I see it more as embracing everyone's differences and that we can all be any type of character or thing.

I think the problem with Jordan as Storm isn't that he's black. It's that while he's talented he didn't get it on talent. They didn't audition anyone else for that part. Trank literally just gave it to him because they were friends.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Miles Morales as Spider-Man and Sam Wilson (Falcon) as Captain America doesn't offend me since they are different characters and are just taking over the mantle.

Especially Sam considering he's always been the next in line top be Captain America is Steve is out of commission and Bucky Barnes is still dead. He's been his buddy for years and has been a major player with the Avengers.

Miles was a publicity stunt at first look but since Peter died in the Ultimate universe and was a great and sad moment, Miles stepped up a character but my problem is that he just dull as Spidey and it doesn't help that his book aren't as good due to Bendis being an idiot. He's gotten better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom