• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if saying "beer drinkers" are loud because they are "drunk" is the best conclusion to come to. Sure, some "beer drinkers" are a bit too self important, but that still does not change the fact that their claims may still have some merit. Odd are they don't, but I'm not sure any feedback should be written off automatically. Contrary to how that Panger character would refer to them, not all people that could be labelled as "beer drinkers" handle themselves or talk like complete goons.

I'd say some portions of the audience are "loud" not simply because they are selfish, or smell of "alcohol," but rather because they actually care about the game and want to see it thrive. Sure, the feedback may not be entirely applicable (or accurate), and there is some additional understanding to be had, since most of the audience is not part of the production team. However, I certainly hope it doesn't get to the point where the developers simply ignore a certain audience (no matter how seemingly small), simply because that part of the audience may have "alcohol on their breath," or they saying things that the developer doesn't want to hear. There may not be much profit in the size of the audience, but there may be in the feedback that the audience is providing. Hopefully it's not all being written off as complete noise, because no one can be bothered to listen.

I'm sure no one will argue that game development and video game PR is no walk in the park. However if they are going to cry need for empathy from their audience, I certainly hope that efforts are made so that empathy goes both ways. I'm not sure if referring to your audience in "goon voice" is the best way to go about that.

A little bit of class can go a long way. :113:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Gotta love how it doesn't have any Majora's Mask music.
To be fair, neither of the tracks from the original Great Bay originated from Majora's Mask either. I mean, they're both technically present in Majora's Mask, but still.

Horrible fake leak regardless. People making stage fake leaks should really avoid My Music screenshots and Great Bay for the foreseeable future.

A god among... Bombermen?

I don't get why nobody can make good taglines.

I mean, I can't really think of one myself for Bomberman, but "Bombs in" sounds like it took half a second to think up. Very lazy.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
"Professor Layton makes a Curious Entrance!?"

Feel free to do that if you want @ gameonion gameonion

I should probably look into how to make these taglines myself.....

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros

I mean, I can't really think of one myself for Bomberman, but "Bombs in" sounds like it took half a second to think up. Very lazy.
Bomberman explodes into battle!
Bomberman bursts onto the scene!
Bomberman blows up the competition!
Bomberman detonates the fight!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
To be fair, neither of the tracks from the original Great Bay originated from Majora's Mask either. I mean, they're both technically present in Majora's Mask, but still.

Horrible fake leak regardless. People making stage fake leaks should really avoid My Music screenshots and Great Bay for the foreseeable future.

I tried with this:
Bomerman blows up the Party.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I tried out the Youtube Replay upload feature and I think it works all right.

If nothing else it'll make testing for patch changes and providing video evidence easier for those of us without capture devices.
I posted mine earlier, but in a different context, so here it is again:

It works great, though my biggest complaints are you're limited to 3 minutes (thus ensuring we won't be seeing any For Glory nail-biters - 3 minutes is pretty much only enough time for a salty steamroll) and it irritates me that it cuts off the final chime in Yoshi's victory theme (probably to save about 4 seconds). Oh, and it goes out of its way to avoid showing usernames. That's pretty annoying.

Bomberman says 'bomb' on an airplane!

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn @ Kenith Kenith @ DMurr DMurr Before I go to bed, here is what I was referencing in that peaches post I made before:
Ahh okay. Semi-related note: I don't like Gaijin Goomba's voice. It really detracts from the video for me. Never got that whole chipmunk thing.

Alright, it's time to announce
THE FIRST MAJOR LEAKS GROUP TOURNAMENT!!!

Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Mii Fighters are allowed, but must be named after the customs they are equipped with. (ex. 1122, 2313)
  • NO ITEMS!!!
  • Stages are randomly selected.
Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no other omega stages)
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Dream Land 64

The Tourney ID is 26422659075093.

The Password is TEAM_FAKE.

Up to 50 people can join.

Time:

Friday, August 7th.
4:00PM - 7:00PM

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just beaten A Link to the Past today. It's been a while since I've last played this game...

Anyway, just a question. Does anyone happen to have any experience with FL studio? Or any music composing program?

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Just beaten A Link to the Past today. It's been a while since I've last played this game...

Anyway, just a question. Does anyone happen to have any experience with FL studio? Or any music composing program?
I might know somebody, why?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Bomberman blows up the competition! sounds good.

Bomberman is the bomb...man!

would be my contribution.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I might know somebody, why?
Well I've been working on modelling a map and I thought I should add a nice little tune for it.

I was wondering if somebody was here that could probably give me some advice in regards to some good music composing programs I could probably use to make a simple song for it.... ^^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's 4 P.M.-7P.M. but what timezone?
Or more simply, how many hours until it?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I probably won't be able to join the tourney unfortunately. Probably going to be out around that time.

This is a good thing, though. You all don't have to experience the pain that is Donkey Kong. :p

D

Deleted member

I probably won't be able to join the tourney unfortunately. Probably going to be out around that time.

This is a good thing, though. You all don't have to experience the pain that is Donkey Kong. :p
"Salt Water... Needles... Hoo hah... Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Hoo hah Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Donkey Kong. And although his airbending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe DK can save the Metagame"

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You ranted about Paper Mario a kot too
...Uhm, what?

Sorry to bring this up but I just got up.

You can't say this when there have been numerous people who have gotten tons more worked up than I did, one time, because don't think I don't remember the little debate we had.

Don't randomly bring that up if there's no point to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom