• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
^I'm definitely in the camp that criticized FE Fates for the reintroduction of marriage and the children so I'm guilty on all counts.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm not that hyped for Fates anymore though, thanks to the pandering stuff. :ohwell:
Which looks like it's here to stay, unfortunately. At least Fates compensates with increased difficulty in Nohr.

I'd say it's a slight improvement from Awakening.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
New Famitsu new Famitsu new Famitsu!!

Thanks to @Aeris for the translation!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/0...nt-need-that-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-485/
I don’t need this; I don’t need that, either,” some may say. To take an extreme point of view, everything aside from Free-for-All Mode is technically “unnecessary”: all the items, all the Final Smashes, all the stages aside from Final Destination. But if you were to take all of those extra features away, all you would be left with is a bare-bones, niche-market game. I think there are some people who actually want that sort of game. There’s something appealing about a minimalist approach. But I think it’s painfully obvious Smash Bros. is not being marketed toward that niche market.
Now will people stop asking for character specific nerfs and buffs? Will they realize there will never be a Melee 2.0?! Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z :troll:

Since this is fire Emblem related, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn do you mind if I or someone else posts this to the FE Subreddit?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Perfect man, thanks!
Which looks like it's here to stay, unfortunately. At least Fates compensates with increased difficulty in Nohr.

I'd say it's a slight improvement from Awakening.
It looks like a far superior game to Awakening, but overall, it's a little creepy. And I don't use that term often.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the problem was them thinking if dating sim additions were good then more must be better. Unfortunately that apparently includes pseudo-incest and...petting. That would be like inserting a baking minigame in a shooter game which works because it shows a more human side to the main charcter but then the sequel has those minigames everywhere to the point they're distracting.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Now will people stop asking for character specific nerfs and buffs? Will they realize there will never be a Melee 2.0?! Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z :troll:

Since this is fire Emblem related, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn do you mind if I or someone else posts this to the FE Subreddit?
Go ahead! I let people take karma for posting Source Gaming Stuff now. It should be big enough that other users should submit it if they find it interesting! I'm not going to spam reddit unless they don't pick up an interesting story in 3 days (they didn't like the interview I did with @ gameonion gameonion =[... but Smashboards did!)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Question, as I'm about to look into game sales; How reliable is VGChartz? Semi? Not at all?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Question, as I'm about to look into game sales; How reliable is VGChartz? Semi? Not at all?
I've heard alot of people have the opinions along the lines of Semi, but you should take that with a grain of salt XD :p

Also, I can't wait until there is a DLC leak that we call out to be fake because of some stupid mistake on the leaker's part and only for it to be confirmed a month later XD :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I tried out the Youtube Replay upload feature and I think it works all right.

If nothing else it'll make testing for patch changes and providing video evidence easier for those of us without capture devices.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai sure likes making analogies to food
Japanese people are all foodies. They talk about fruits from certain prefectures as being the best in all of Japan and 70% of TV is just various programs associated with food (cooking, traveling and trying out different foods, trivia with food. Heck the drama and animes sometimes have whole episodes or at least a good chunk dedicated to food). I cant watch TV anymore because I hate food programs. But yeah if I tell anyone I've been to certain place in Japan everyone always asks me if I tried that place's speciality. It's like if America had some sort of Philly Cheese Steak like dish (in terms of being well known) for every city and state.

Japanese food is rated extremely well, and I do have to admit it's delicious. American Japanese food does not do it justice.

Edit: plus he did make Kirby, whose original story revolves around food. Maybe he's just a hungry dude.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Japanese people are all foodies. They talk about fruits from certain prefectures as being the best in all of Japan and 70% of TV is just various programs associated with food (cooking, traveling and trying out different foods, trivia with food. Heck the drama and animes sometimes have whole episodes or at least a good chunk dedicated to food). I cant watch TV anymore because I hate food programs. But yeah if I tell anyone I've been to certain place in Japan everyone always asks me if I tried that place's speciality. It's like if America had some sort of Philly Cheese Steak like dish (in terms of being well known) for every city and state.

Japanese food is rated extremely well, and I do have to admit it's delicious. American Japanese food does not do it justice.

Edit: plus he did make Kirby, whose original story revolves around food. Maybe he's just a hungry dude.
Maybe Sakurai's just trying to stuff his piehole to keep the reverse aging at bay?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I gotta agree with Sakurai, if you don't like a certain feature in a game, DON'T USE IT, the game is in no way forcing you to use it and there are people that like it so complaining for it to be removed will get nowhere

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I gotta agree with Sakurai, if you don't like a certain feature in a game, DON'T USE IT, the game is in no way forcing you to use it and there are people that like it so complaining for it to be removed will get nowhere
I've been thinking about Sakurai's thoughts for the last 24 hours (the benefits of being able to read Japanese :p) and here's what I think:

Sakurai is basically lampooning fans who complain that not all the content is directed towards them. His analogy to the boxed lunch is interesting, but I don't really think it gets his point across all too well. He should have developed the beverage analogy a bit more, as that's more relevant and easier to understand IMO.

1. If the store sold one kind of beverage, then it would cater to a specific group of people and there is a lot more risk. Sakurai wants to be the convenience store that houses the grape soda, pepsi, water and beer so that everyone can be happy.

2. Sakurai is essentially telling customers who complain (mostly the beer drinkers) about the store is selling grade soda that those customers are missing a vital point -- some people like grape soda. And those customers wouldn't be in the store if it wasn't for Sakurai buying and stocking some grape soda. Since the beer drinkers don't care about grape soda, Sakurai is basically saying, 'just do us all a favor and ignore it'. If Sakurai isn't requiring the customer to purchase the beverage, then grape soda does the customer no harm.

3. However, there is a legitimate debate that by housing grape soda, the store is unable to stock up on wine or extra beer. Space and man hours are finite. The development team needs to decide in a lot of ways who their targeted customers are, and try to appease them. By stretching themselves thin, then a good service isn't really being offered...is it? This is the real debate, and something that Sakurai does not address in his column.

4. I've been thinking a lot about what Chris Panger said in the Part-Time Gamer podcast. Nintendo is trying to be a convenience store that will draw in a lot of people. The beer drinkers aren't the main targeted market, and the share of beer drinkers is actually lower than the grape soda drinkers. However, the beer drinkers are loud because they are drunk, have access to the Internet and are extremely passionate about their beverage of choice. Gape soda drinkers are fickle, and will try other beverages (if they have a cool promotion) and won't stay around. But there's a lot of them and real money is be had by capturing their interests -- even temporarily.

If it wasn't clear:

the beer drinkers = us; the hardcore crowd
grape soda/ other beverages = less hardcore crowd

Khoru

Smash Champion
are japanese reactions to fates a lot more positive than in the west?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Heh, I know some people I follow on Tumblr that are overreacting to "those" parts of Fates that were causing a lot of controversy there. All I know is that they're going to buy the game anyway, and if they don't don't like a certain part of the game, then don't go there, it's that simple.

P.S. Hello and welcome, @ Bairbie Bairbie . c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom